Why is this pilot being called a hero?

i dont agree with verims take on this, i think that Pilot deserves the acolades he is getting

investigate the crash fully for training, but lets not give this guy a public rectal exam to see what dirt can be dug up to discredit him

Any investigation should only concern the events of that day. That is all that is relevant to the job of flying a large plane.

i dont agree with verims take on this, i think that Pilot deserves the acolades he is getting

investigate the crash fully for training, but lets not give this guy a public rectal exam to see what dirt can be dug up to discredit him

Any investigation should only concern the events of that day. That is all that is relevant to the job of flying a large plane.
i agree

Okay ... Vermin is crazier than me, it's official. It actually came back to continue to defend itself ... when clearly Vermin knows nothing about planes, much less jumbo jets, or at least less than even I do (which is not much to begin with).

Sometime Kitt we are going to have to have a discussion of roleplaying games and what constitutes fun in that millieu.

All I know for sure, is that if he'd been flying my airplane I wouldn't give him his deposit back on it.

The term hero is thrown around way to much by the media but safely landing a plane with little to no engine thrust in the Hudson with no casualties is a great piece of flying.

The term hero is thrown around way to much by the media but safely landing a plane with little to no engine thrust in the Hudson with no casualties is a great piece of flying.

Putting yourself in that situation where it takes that kind of flying to survive makes you a moron at best, and at worst an outright villain.

Congrats vermin bozo:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

assclown.jpg

Putting yourself in that situation where it takes that kind of flying to survive makes you a moron at best, and at worst an outright villain.

Yeah.. he should have slammed on the air breaks and hit his horn till the birds left..

With what we know of the story(birds in engine etc,) the pilot did a great job with the situation he was in.. anytime you fly and leave the ground your not in complete control and your at risk.. gravity will always win...

Don't fly and you dont have to worry about being at risk from a situation like this..

...anywhere is walking distance if you have the time...

Yeah, he managed to land the plane in the Hudson river and all the passengers survived. But wasn't it he who collided with the flock of birds? He didn't time his flight appropriately or take the proper maneuvers to avoid that flock. He should be fired and criminally charged for this, not lionized.

You can't be serious. His quick action saved everyone on board and to land a plane on a river! :cuckoo:

I'm serious as a heart attack. Someone must be held accountable for the loss of the plane and the endangerment of its passengers. Who had the yoke when it all went down? Who was at ATC?

Geez, you're still an idiot. I don't see that changing anytime soon.

I get it, Vermin thinks that somehow the pilot was able to summon the birds and command them to fly right in front of the jet. It's the perfect plan to crash a jet, since radar can't see them until it's too late to pull out, and since the jet can in no way avoid them. It's a conspiracy I tell you, the pilot WANTED to crash it! *eye roll*

Vermin what we are telling you is that he did not place himself in that situation. There is no way on God's green earth that he could possibly have done anymore than he did at any point. once that airplane was within a hundred feet or so of lift off, you will either take of or you will crash and burn. You can't just stop and wait for the birds to go by.

Like it or not you are dead wrong on this one.

Vermin what we are telling you is that he did not place himself in that situation. There is no way on God's green earth that he could possibly have done anymore than he did at any point. once that airplane was within a hundred feet or so of lift off, you will either take of or you will crash and burn. You can't just stop and wait for the birds to go by.

And what brings you to that conclusion? Airlines have so many failsafes when it comes to flight safety, and to think something as mudane as a flock of birds would be absolutely unavoidable...

And what brings you to that conclusion? Airlines have so many failsafes when it comes to flight safety, and to think something as mudane as a flock of birds would be absolutely unavoidable...
its a freak of nature, nothing more
there was no way to avoid them
do you know that fighter pilots have had the exact same thing happen
and an F-16 is by far more manuverable

We've been losing aircraft to birds ever since we've had Jets. To date the only thing they have found that works to any degree is to scare the birds away from the end of the runway but that doesn't always work.

Again your ignorance of the reality of the situation is utterly appalling.

Forum List

Back