Why is this pilot being called a hero?

hahahahahahahaha! what nonsense VA!!!! :lol:

you can't determine where birds will fly....

and you can't just by happenstance, turn your plane in another direction, it happens on take off in general....and there are alot of other planes coming in and going out of the airport, there is not just one runway, ya know....?

This is why airports have other means that they use, varrying by the airport's size to keep birds away from the runways....they shoot guns in small airports to chase them away and others have sound blasting devices and other things that have proven to work most of the time....

now why these things did not work on this guy's take off, is the question....but to blame the pilot or air traffic control is silly...

and another thing, haven't you ever heard of the term, "flying below radar"?

Actually, the plane hit this flock of birds at 3000 feet. Any sound devices would not have had an effect at that distance. Usually birds are a problem at a much lower altitude. This was just one of those freak things.

Hero is as trong word...in the end he did his job and kept cool.

Thats what he should be commended for

you're a fucking idiot.

There is nothing a pilot flying that heavy of an aircraft at that speed can do to maunever around a fock of geese that fly in front of him.

Kill thrust? Pull yoke? Roll?

Unfortunately everyone's going to go ga-ga because nobody died in it and that's unusual for a plane crash, but he needs to be investigated and charged for his negligence that led to this crash landing being necessary.

Okay, you officially made it to the tart board. :cuckoo:

and you can't just by happenstance, turn your plane in another direction, it happens on take off in general....and there are alot of other planes coming in and going out of the airport, there is not just one runway, ya know....?

This is why airports have other means that they use, varrying by the airport's size to keep birds away from the runways....they shoot guns in small airports to chase them away and others have sound blasting devices and other things that have proven to work most of the time....

now why these things did not work on this guy's take off, is the question....but to blame the pilot or air traffic control is silly...

Actually, the plane hit this flock of birds at 3000 feet. Any sound devices would not have had an effect at that distance. Usually birds are a problem at a much lower altitude. This was just one of those freak things.

The plane reached 3,000 feet but I never read that was where the impact occurred.

no, you're a moron.

The guy didn't aim for the birds you dipshit...when you begin to understand this maybe a conversation can be had with you.

The plane hit the geese about 3k feet in the air. It's at full thrust at an incline which lowers it manuervability due to size, weight and dimensions. It is going about 260-310 mph at this point. If a flock of geese fly in front of it, there is nothing he can do at that speed and vector he is on.

Admins, just to show Vermin how much of a retard this is, I say close this one ... just to see him rant and rave about something real for a change.

The plane reached 3,000 feet but I never read that was where the impact occurred.

"It began with a thump at about 3,000 feet and the loss of all engine noise, followed by the pilots' quick realization that returning to LaGuardia or finding another airport was impossible.

With both engines out, flight attendants described complete silence in the cabin, "like being in a library," said NTSB member Kitty Higgins. A smoky haze and the odor of burning metal or electronics filled the plane.

The blow had come out of nowhere. The NTSB said radar data confirmed that the aircraft intersected a group of "primary targets," almost certainly birds, as climbed over the Bronx. Those targets had not been on the radar screen of the air traffic controller who approved the departure, NTSB board member Kitty Higgins said."

NTSB provides new details about US Airways flight - Yahoo! News

OMG, this is DUMB, even for you

Vermin (fitting): Pure Troll.

Moron, I tried to fly in just a 747 simulator ... I would NEVER want to be one of those pilots. It takes forever just to turn a single degree, and you can't just yank the yolk ...
Which reinforces another point about the impossibility of the so called 9/11 hijackers piolting those planes after a couple of one hour simulator trainings :cuckoo:

But that's another topic :cool:

Yeah, he managed to land the plane in the Hudson river and all the passengers survived. But wasn't it he who collided with the flock of birds? He didn't time his flight appropriately or take the proper maneuvers to avoid that flock. He should be fired and criminally charged for this, not lionized.

What a DUMBazz. :lol: I love know it alls. there is a place in the world for you.. somewhere.

Yeah, he managed to land the plane in the Hudson river and all the passengers survived. But wasn't it he who collided with the flock of birds? He didn't time his flight appropriately or take the proper maneuvers to avoid that flock. He should be fired and criminally charged for this, not lionized.

What a DUMBazz. :lol: I love know it alls. there is a place in the world for you.. somewhere.
hey, give him a break, he's still in his early 20's
reality hasnt hit him that hard yet
;)

hey, give him a break, he's still in his early 20's
reality hasnt hit him that hard yet
;)

does he live in roberto's basement? what is it with liberal freaks and all their investigations and prosecutions.. wtf over! :lol:

Damn deer ran out in front of my car, making me crash into a tree. All of us came out alive, but what an IDIOT I am for letting that deer run into my car and making me crash! I should have timed my drive better, I should have KNOWN that deer was going to run out in front of me at 8:15 pm!

I should be brought up on charges, eh?

You're flying at max power you just left the ground and the Birds just took off simulataeously as you came to the end of the runway. They are fifty feet in front of you when you see them if you see them and nine times out of ten you don't. There isn't one damn thing you can do that isn't more hazardous to your passengers at that elevation then whacking a bird. Nor can you simply shut down everything in ther last fifty feet of the runway the minute you see a bird.

Vermin what you don't know about flying would fill not just a book but an entire set of encyclopaedias.

Damn deer ran out in front of my car, making me crash into a tree. All of us came out alive, but what an IDIOT I am for letting that deer run into my car and making me crash! I should have timed my drive better, I should have KNOWN that deer was going to run out in front of me at 8:15 pm!

You should be held legally responsible for it, yes.

Nah, I think I'll sue the deer..........................:cuckoo:

Without a doubt; how irresponsible of you.

Nah, I think I'll sue the deer..........................:cuckoo:

Sue the Dept of Parks and Wildlife-----they aren't controlling their deer population properly.:lol:

New Topics

Forum List

Back