Why is this Michigan football sign-stealing investigation being treated as such a big deal?

I don't believe it. Makes you seem, well, insincere. Certainly you went to college right? Didn't they have a football team? My alma mater lost 48 to 8 the other day on ESPN 2. That's why MSU is my favorite school. Then UofM.
Don't much care what you believe.
What state do you live in? Can you at least tell me that?

Currently I live in Ohio (as I have already stated) but Im not from here. I've lived in 11 different states PA, FL, SC, NC, OH, MD, VA, CA, HI, TX, and AZ.

The "result" is not the issue.
Yes it is.

If you want to go often one person for having stolen merchandise and not even talk about the others that do.. then you have an agenda. And you’re welcome to it, but we can agree to disagree

Yes it is.

If you want to go often one person for having stolen merchandise and not even talk about the others that do.. then you have an agenda. And you’re welcome to it, but we can agree to disagree
Accept that it isnt according the to the NCAA. Your opinion on the matter doesnt well matter only theirs does. That's your problem. You want to argue that the punishment is too harsh based on what YOU think the rules should be instead of what the rules ARE. Well get elected as head of the NCAA and you can make that happen. Wont help Michigan in this case though. They cheated according the current rules defined by the NCAA (not the rules as defined by you) and were punished accordingly by the BIG10. We will see what the NCAA does if anything in addition to that.

Accept that it isnt according the to the NCAA. Your opinion on the matter doesnt well matter only theirs does. That's your problem. You want to argue that the punishment is too harsh based on what YOU think the rules should be instead of what the rules ARE. Well get elected as head of the NCAA and you can make that happen. Wont help Michigan in this case though. They cheated according the current rules defined by the NCAA (not the rules as defined by you) and were punished accordingly by the BIG10. We will see what the NCAA does if anything in addition to that.
You can repeat a rule from authority statement for the 15th time all you want. I think there can be unjust rulings in life, especially when there’s such clear double standards and clinging to technicalities to condemn a single out team.

I think the J6 rioters who were given decades in prison (while BLM rioters who overtook police stations and firebombed buildings got days to weeks) were unfairly sentenced. You? Your logic would be to repeat “Did they break the law?” Did they break the law?” “If they didn’t want to be in prison for twenty years, they shouldn’t have broken the law, they should just blame themselves”.

I don’t subscribe to your logic, in anything, not just this instance. It assumes those enforcing the rules cannot be misguided or corrupt. I’d advise you to question authority when necessary, not just tuck into the fetal position and say “Yes Mr. Fauci” when he tells you to wear a mask outside LOL

You can repeat a rule from authority statement for the 15th time all you want. I think there can be unjust rulings in life, especially when there’s such clear double standards and clinging to technicalities to condemn a single out team.

You're such a homer. The only reason you think this is being applied unfairly is because it's being applied to your favorite team. Just admit that. If OSU had cheated in this manner you'd be all for Ryan Day being suspended. (though that might help them so maybe not).

I think the J6 rioters who were given decades in prison (while BLM rioters who overtook police stations and firebombed buildings got days to weeks) were unfairly sentenced. You? Your logic would be to repeat “Did they break the law?” Did they break the law?” “If they didn’t want to be in prison for twenty years, they shouldn’t have broken the law, they should just blame themselves”.
Apples and hand grenades.

I don’t subscribe to your logic, in anything, not just this instance. It assumes those enforcing the rules cannot be misguided or corrupt. I’d advise you to question authority when necessary, not just tuck into the fetal position and say “Yes Mr. Fauci” when he tells you to wear a mask outside LOL

The logic that you should have to follow the rules and if you choose not to, should be ready to accept the consequences of that decision? Unless you can provide some evidence that Tony Petitti is corrupt in some way all your crying is just homerism.

You're such a homer. The only reason you think this is being applied unfairly is because it's being applied to your favorite team. Just admit that. If OSU had cheated in this manner you'd be all for Ryan Day being suspended. (though that might help them so maybe not).
Id troll my friends, but I’d admit the rule was dumb because everyone has each others signs. I said the OSU scandals were nothing. You’re grasping into thin air here, maybe that’s how you operate, but don’t project your homer tendencies onto me.
Apples and hand grenades.
Sorry, it’s the Same logic. 2 people do the same crime in different ways and get massively different treatment. You’re REALLY invested in this, you can’t even agree to disagree. There’s some heavy ties for you in this, obviously, to reply so many times. If you didn’t care and “had no dog in the fight” you’d have dropped it awhile ago. I think anyone else reading this can see your emotion and oozing bias that you are desperately trying to conceal.

Id troll my friends, but I’d admit the rule was dumb because everyone has each others signs. I said the OSU scandals were nothing. You’re grasping into thin air here, maybe that’s how you operate, but don’t project your homer tendencies onto me.

Tough to have homer tendencies when you don't have a favorite team. And I dont believe for a nanosecond you'd have anywhere near this passion if some other team violated NCAA rules and were being punished. Sorry.
Sorry, it’s the Same logic. 2 people do the same crime in different ways and get massively different treatment. You’re REALLY invested in this, you can’t even agree to disagree. There’s some heavy ties for you in this, obviously, to reply so many times. If you didn’t care and “had no dog in the fight” you’d have dropped it awhile ago. I think anyone else reading this can see your emotion and oozing bias that you are desperately trying to conceal.

Nope. It's really not. Im not sure why you have such a hard time grasping the concept that it's not against the rules to possess the other teams signs. The rule Michigan violated isnt just about stealing signs though I imagine that was one of the main reasons they created it. Michigan isnt in trouble because they had other teams signs its in trouble for how they got them.

In the case of Michigan and everyone else. Michigan "broke the law" and everyone else didnt. That's why Michigan is being punished and everyone else isnt. Whether or not YOU think the "law" is valid is irrelevant. One of the key tenets of authority is that any rule you are unable or unwilling to enforce should be done away with. If you don't have the moral courage enforce all the rules you lose the moral authority to enforce any of the rules.

Tough to have homer tendencies when you don't have a favorite team. And I dont believe for a nanosecond you'd have anywhere near this passion if some other team violated NCAA rules and were being punished. Sorry.
That’s fine. It says more about you than me, because that’s how you’d do things, since you don’t know me. I’m consistent.
Nope. It's really not. Im not sure why you have such a hard time grasping the concept that it's not against the rules to possess the other teams signs. The rule Michigan violated isnt just about stealing signs though I imagine that was one of the main reasons they created it. Michigan isnt in trouble because they had other teams signs its in trouble for how they got them.

In the case of Michigan and everyone else. Michigan "broke the law" and everyone else didnt. That's why Michigan is being punished and everyone else isnt. Whether or not YOU think the "law" is valid is irrelevant. One of the key tenets of authority is that any rule you are unable or unwilling to enforce should be done away with. If you don't have the moral courage enforce all the rules you lose the moral authority to enforce any of the rules.
LMAO. Okay, let’s slow down and go through the logic here, nice…, and…. slow..

1. Why is it illegal to have scouts at teams games to steal their signs? Why would a team do that?

You should be pissed that he put that talent in jeopardy by allowing a stupid program like this to exist under his watch. Michigan could win the National Championship this year and have it vacated by the NCAA. The NCAA could bar them from the CFP this year. The committee might decide they arent going to put them in there for fear that the NCAA will bar them. They might lose to OSU because Harbaugh isnt on the sideline coaching. Michigan's football program will get set back significantly if that happens. Harbaugh might get fired or quit for the NFL, if that happens then where will Michigan Football be? Back to what they were before he got there. Also ran to OSU in the BIG10. Especially with the USC and the PAC12 members coming over next year.
Well I think we are used to getting blown out in the big game. It's just nice to be in the running.

When will people learn? When BAMA type teams play Ohio or Michigan we see the Big 10 should be called the little 10.

Remember that one year we split the National Championship? I was happy because if we had to play that other team we probably would have got crushed. LOL.

You make good points.

P.S. Are you new? I like arguing/talking with you. You seem cool even if I don't agree with you.

Sorry to bring up politics but aren't you a Trump supporter? You seem to be making all the same arguments we do about Trump only for you it's Jim and Michigan who we are talking about here.

Sorry to bring up politics but aren't you a Trump supporter? You seem to be making all the same arguments we do about Trump only for you it's Jim and Michigan who we are talking about here.
Yep. He flipped his logic when it was convenient for his argument

sealybobo Mr. Friscus

You guys are a hoot. Anything to defend you team. This is why I don't have a favorite team. You can't just enjoy the football when you do.
Are you kidding me? As a Lion's and Piston fan we are trained to choose another team once we realize our teams have no hope.

I loved the NBA finals. Piston's weren't in it. And the NFL playoffs last year were great. Lion's weren't in it.

But when it comes to the National Championship game? Yea, I don't watch if MI or MSU isn't in it.

But I do watch the NCAA Basketball tournament. It's exciting.

Maybe next year the college football playoffs will get me more interested.

Are you kidding me? As a Lion's and Piston fan we are trained to choose another team once we realize our teams have no hope.

I loved the NBA finals. Piston's weren't in it. And the NFL playoffs last year were great. Lion's weren't in it.

But when it comes to the National Championship game? Yea, I don't watch if MI or MSU isn't in it.

But I do watch the NCAA Basketball tournament. It's exciting.

Maybe next year the college football playoffs will get me more interested.

Thanks for a bunch of information I didn't ask for and isn't germane to this conversation.

Thanks for a bunch of information I didn't ask for and isn't germane to this conversation.
You said you can't just enjoy football if you don't have a favorite team. I'm proof you can.

Just like LARAMFAN, I will overtime figure out you're lying. Your favorite team will come out. He used to say he didn't watch games but the dude knew way too much about what's going on to not watch. At least he watches sportscenter. LOL.

What you need is to stay in Ohio and have either the Bengals or Browns win a championship. Then you'll have a favorite team. My buddy lived in Dallas when the won 3 championships so today he's a Cowboy fan.

I'm a Lion's fan regardless. I don't have a 2nd favorite team. I do hate some teams more than others. Dallas is top of the list.

You said you can't just enjoy football if you don't have a favorite team. I'm proof you can.

Just like LARAMFAN, I will overtime figure out you're lying. Your favorite team will come out. He used to say he didn't watch games but the dude knew way too much about what's going on to not watch. At least he watches sportscenter. LOL.

What you need is to stay in Ohio and have either the Bengals or Browns win a championship. Then you'll have a favorite team. My buddy lived in Dallas when the won 3 championships so today he's a Cowboy fan.

I'm a Lion's fan regardless. I don't have a 2nd favorite team. I do hate some teams more than others. Dallas is top of the list.

Ok bud. Good luck with that. I'll bet you a billion dollars you won't because I don't root for any specific college team. Never have and I dont see that changing any time soon.

Forum List

Back