why is this clown still talking?

DKSuddeth

Oct 20, 2003
North Texas
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4604683/

WASHINGTON - For Democrats, there was only one problem with Thursday night’s Democratic National Committee unity dinner in Washington: one of the invited speakers totally outshone presidential candidate John Kerry.

It came as no surprise that the star of the evening was former president Bill Clinton, who gave a virtuoso performance, reminding the crowd of why he is the only Democrat since Franklin Roosevelt to win two terms in the White House.

I liked clinton right up to the point where he lied on the stand.

Bubba is still reminding people that for better or worse he's still the effective leader of the Democratic party. Y'all might have to whack him to get rid of him kind of like a roach.

Mr. Clinton is not known for his accuracy in American history but no one seems to mind. I guess somewhere in history he forgot all about Truman.

If anyone recalls Mr. Clinton was quoting Lincolns Gettysburg address and stated it was in the declaration of independance. Now if the President can make such a stupid moronic blunder and no one cared....

Then there was Al Gore, the other genius. If you recall he saw a bust of George Washington in Montecello (I believe it was Mont.) and had to be told who it was....

Scarey?

I think so.

So Clinton thinks - no forget that - he doesn't.

Oh please. Clinton clearly is not a moron. I saw him on C-span a while back giving a speech on the effects of globalization on American foreign relations, and he displayed tremendous knowledge and insight. It's so annoying when people dimiss American presidents as stupid. You can't win the highest office in the land and be a moron. Even president Bush, for all of his inability to articulate himself very effectively, is clearly an intelligent man, though not much of a reader and somewhat anti-intellectual. But then again, so was FDR.

Truman was not elected to two terms. He served a large enough chunk of FDR's fourth term to be considered a full term, and was then elected to a second. He was only elected president once.

Originally posted by Syntax_Divinity
Oh please. Clinton clearly is not a moron. I saw him on C-span a while back giving a speech on the effects of globalization on American foreign relations, and he displayed tremendous knowledge and insight. It's so annoying when people dimiss American presidents as stupid. You can't win the highest office in the land and be a moron. Even president Bush, for all of his inability to articulate himself very effectively, is clearly an intelligent man, though not much of a reader and somewhat anti-intellectual. But then again, so was FDR.

I didn't state that Clinton was a moron, the statement read he made a stupid moronic blunder by confusing the Gettysburge address with the Dec. of Ind. The Gettysburge address and the Dec. of Ind. are completely different as I am sure you know that - so why doesn't he?

Originally posted by Hobbit
Truman was not elected to two terms. He served a large enough chunk of FDR's fourth term to be considered a full term, and was then elected to a second. He was only elected president once.

You are correct on that.

I certainly don't know why he made the error. You're right. He's human though. Just look at some of the things George Bush has said before. "Rarely is the question asked: is our children learning?" HAHAHAHAHHAH!!!!!! Oh man!!

What is funny is that the media does ensure the public knows of Bush's blunders -

The other funny Clinton story was when he was asked a variety of political questions that he couldn't / didn't or avoided answering and yet he answered a question about his favourite style underwear!

So the world could go on and they do about Bush's blunders - but I have found Clinton to be the King at that - only the media sheilds you from that.

I suggest you guys get the hell off of Al Gore's case. If it weren't for him, you guys couldn't even be discussing this issue, what with the fact that Gore created the Internet.

"I did NOT have sex with that woman, Miss Lewinksi..."

"I in fact DID have a relationship with Miss Lewinski which was not appropriate - in fact, it was wrong"

(shrug).

Originally posted by Syntax_Divinity

I'll say that Bubba is an idiot. Just the fact that he had the hots for the ummm how shall we say, not so slender Monica is proof enough that he's stupid or drunk or both. Also the fact that he does not consider a knob polish sex. There were many times in my life where I wished I had that kind of non sex.

He has people do his research and write those speeches for him, he just reads it.

Originally posted by SPIKESMYGOD
I suggest you guys get the hell off of Al Gore's case. If it weren't for him, you guys couldn't even be discussing this issue, what with the fact that Gore created the Internet.

I had heard somewhere along the line that Gore takes credit for that. I thought it was a Brit? My mistake Mr. Gore.

Okay its one thing to say something stupid and yes everyone does (its just the republicans are on the front page of every newspaper for theirs, but that's a different story) but to take credit for the internet? Talk about a wild imagination!

As for Clinton and his extra marital affairs, that was his business really. I never backed up Ken Starr because at the end of the day, what man is going to confess (to the world) that he is a cheat? And to add, you critize his choice of who he had an affair with - but look at what he married? Do you blame that man!

OGA, I didn't realize that only stupid drunks like their women just a little on the chunky side. And only bicycling ham radio operators like redheads, right?

Forum List

Back