Why Is Theism Waning And Atheism Growing?

why would he be ostracized simply for making untrue claims in a field he is totally ignorant of?......oh.....never mind......

I guess if you read that entire site and you still believe in god(s) then there is probably nothing more for me to tell you so from now on I'll just read your posts and laugh.
there is nothing on that site worth reading twice, yet you keep pasting it as if there were some shred of truth in it.....

Just every logical & rational reply to almost every and any claim a theist will make for why they believe in god.
stating things which simply are not true is neither logical or rational......speaking of which, where is your reply to #110?.....any plans to defend your statements?.....

80 years is a long time ago. It'd be like you writing about something that happened in 1934. And 80 years is being kind.

All of the works which would eventually be incorporated into the New Testament would seem to have been written no later than around AD 150.

New Testament - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

So if scholars aren't even exactly sure, what makes you?
I expect when you're eighty you will begin to lose your memory....such as not being able to tell the difference between 80 and 20....80 isn't being kind, its being wrong.....all of the works incorporated into the NT were completed by 90 AD....scholars are sure, its just the atheist detractors who are confused......

Of course I'm sure Postbordom is going to go with the number his church/preacher told him.
/shrugs.....I've gone with what I studied while getting my Masters in Theology and you've gone with what some idiot on a website that won't tell you his name or where he got his theology degree told you.....

Inspired by Guno's thread about declining 'religious affiliated' people the question occurs, why is one declining in popularity, and the other increasing?

Atheism doesn't promise good stuff for good people but rather absolute nothingness. Not much of a selling point there, yet it's becomming more popular, and the ones that do promise heaven or paradise are in their declines. Why would that be?

Might think because people gravitate to the truth, but I wouldn't agree they do that as evidenced by Christianity and Islam's 3.5 billion followers where Judaism, the initial religion latter ones are built from have only 14 million. If truth were always more attractive, there should be 3.5 bn Jews and only a few million other faiths.

Maybe it's the constant assertions of there's this being we call God who loves you, is all-powerful, and will reward you when you die...But we can't prove a word of it. GIven the choice between identifying as someone who believes that versus 'there is no God' maybe people are just choosing the more sensible option at last? Not necessarily the better option, just the more sensible one.

Learning that 78% of Americans self identify as Christian must REALLY disappoint you. Statistics on Religion in America Report -- Pew Forum on Religion Public Life

Ask them if they believe Adam & Eve were actual people, if Noah collected 2 of every animal or lived to be 350 years old or if those are just allegories. Then when they admit those are just stories, then ask them if Jesus really was born from a virgin, did miracles and rose from the dead and they admit they don't take any of that stuff literally.

Wasn't 2 of every animal in point of fact. :) That's the 'Bible for Dummies' version.

2 Take with you seven pairs of every kind of clean animal, a male and its mate, and one pair of every kind of unclean animal, a male and its mate, 3 and also seven pairs of every kind of bird, male and female, to keep their various kinds alive throughout the earth.
- Bereishit 7

The other day I read from a Christian site that a true christian doesn't say Jonah living in the whales belly for 3 days and living is an allegory unless Jesus spoke in allegories because even he referenced Jonah doing it.

So today we have a bunch of half breed Christians. Christian Lights I call them. I was one of them and then I abandoned all organized religions and just had a personal relationship with god and then one day realized god was all made up.

I guess if you read that entire site and you still believe in god(s) then there is probably nothing more for me to tell you so from now on I'll just read your posts and laugh.
there is nothing on that site worth reading twice, yet you keep pasting it as if there were some shred of truth in it.....

Just every logical & rational reply to almost every and any claim a theist will make for why they believe in god.
stating things which simply are not true is neither logical or rational......speaking of which, where is your reply to #110?.....any plans to defend your statements?.....

80 years is a long time ago. It'd be like you writing about something that happened in 1934. And 80 years is being kind.

All of the works which would eventually be incorporated into the New Testament would seem to have been written no later than around AD 150.

I expect when you're eighty you will begin to lose your memory....such as not being able to tell the difference between 80 and 20....80 isn't being kind, its being wrong.....all of the works incorporated into the NT were completed by 90 AD....scholars are sure, its just the atheist detractors who are confused......

Of course anyone who swallows the Jesus story is going to believe it was written sooner rather than later. Sorry Mr or Mrs. Gullible. Wrong.

Of course I'm sure Postbordom is going to go with the number his church/preacher told him.
/shrugs.....I've gone with what I studied while getting my Masters in Theology and you've gone with what some idiot on a website that won't tell you his name or where he got his theology degree told you.....

Again, do you think a school like that is going to tell you the truth?

Why there is no god

I was one of them and then I abandoned all organized religions and just had a personal relationship with god and then one day realized god was all made up.
thanks for doing your part to make Christianity better.......

I know a lot of strict "dogma" christians who wish all liberal christians would leave the church. So do I so. Then how many Americans would consider themselves "christians"? Not many.

Again, do you think a school like that is going to tell you the truth?
you mean as opposed to some anonymous atheist with perhaps a high school diploma?.......yes, thanks.....

I was one of them and then I abandoned all organized religions and just had a personal relationship with god and then one day realized god was all made up.

I know a lot of strict "dogma" christians who wish all liberal christians would leave the church. So do I so. Then how many Americans would consider themselves "christians"? Not many.
and if people realized all the silly things that atheists believe, how many would be willing to call themselves atheists?.......

and if people realized all the silly things that atheists believe, how many would be willing to call themselves atheists?.......

No one decides lightly to be an atheist. We have to overcome years of brainwashing and guilt. It's amazing we ever wake up. I look at you still brainwashed theists and I remember when I was one of you.

What do we believe that is silly? Compared to 350 year old people, talking snakes, virgin births, living in the belly of a whale and coming back to life after 3 days.

Give me 1 example of anything atheists say that is just as silly as the shit you guys say.

I'll even help you. Here: Why there is no god

No one decides lightly to be an atheist.
lol dude.....it took you one drunken evening with some friends....

Give me 1 example of anything atheists say that is just as silly as the shit you guys say.

Atheists are more intelligent - but why?

Epiphenom Atheists are more intelligent - but why

Inspired by Guno's thread about declining 'religious affiliated' people the question occurs, why is one declining in popularity, and the other increasing?

Atheism doesn't promise good stuff for good people but rather absolute nothingness. Not much of a selling point there, yet it's becomming more popular, and the ones that do promise heaven or paradise are in their declines. Why would that be?

Might think because people gravitate to the truth, but I wouldn't agree they do that as evidenced by Christianity and Islam's 3.5 billion followers where Judaism, the initial religion latter ones are built from have only 14 million. If truth were always more attractive, there should be 3.5 bn Jews and only a few million other faiths.

Maybe it's the constant assertions of there's this being we call God who loves you, is all-powerful, and will reward you when you die...But we can't prove a word of it. GIven the choice between identifying as someone who believes that versus 'there is no God' maybe people are just choosing the more sensible option at last? Not necessarily the better option, just the more sensible one.

To answer the OP question: Because biblical Prophecy doesn't lie. There have always been ups and downs where faith in God is concerned. When folks are fat and rich they turn from God. When their backs are up against the wall they turn back to Him. This cycle has occurred numerous times over the centuries. But more importantly, Paul prophesied that there would be a great "falling away" from faith in Christ in the end times. I find it almost exciting that so many pretend Christians are leaving the Church in trade for secular materialism and other false gods. It reinforces my belief in the written Word of God as found in the Holy Bible.

Learning that 78% of Americans self identify as Christian must REALLY disappoint you. Statistics on Religion in America Report -- Pew Forum on Religion Public Life

Ask them if they believe Adam & Eve were actual people, if Noah collected 2 of every animal or lived to be 350 years old or if those are just allegories. Then when they admit those are just stories, then ask them if Jesus really was born from a virgin, did miracles and rose from the dead and they admit they don't take any of that stuff literally.

And that negates that 78% of Americans self identify as Christian how, exactly?

Obviously your lack of faith colors your thinking...and you rail against the 78%, when they are merely exercising their beliefs.

No one decides lightly to be an atheist. We have to overcome years of brainwashing and guilt. It's amazing we ever wake up. I look at you still brainwashed theists and I remember when I was one of you.

What do we believe that is silly? Compared to 350 year old people, talking snakes, virgin births, living in the belly of a whale and coming back to life after 3 days.

"No one decides lightly to be an atheist."

Of course they do.

"No one decides lightly to be an atheist."

Of course they do.
seally himself turned atheist while he was drunk at a party listening to his idiot friends.....

90 years after the fact?

Did Jesus exist

Not only did Mark, Paul, Luke & John not write the Gospels, no one who lived during Jesus' time wrote about him. That's pretty amazing for as many people who supposedly saw Jesus preach and perform miracles that no one in his era wrote about him. Everything was written decades later. How long did Jews live back then? Average 29 years of age? So it wasn't 1 generation later, it was like 3 times removed. Hearsay.

Also, how are you going to believe this Jesus story when it was forced on our ancient ancestors? They either believed

90 years after the fact?
you're as bad at math as you are at theology.......those books of the bible written in the fifth decade were only twenty years after Christ's resurrection, the last book sixty years.....

Forum List

Back