Why is the site so sloooow?

i'm not the only who had issues with board howeytroll....but thanks for trolling this thread loser

Looks like t crashed at 1130 and was down for an hour

Been slow allday and it istill dropping characters as I type

"Oops. Google Chrome cannot find www.usmessageboard.com"

That is all I have been getting this morning. The past few days, I get the gateway error.

Running Firefox here, posting unquoted posts takes 2 seconds for me, quoting posts takes less than 5 seconds, editing a post takes 10 seconds. All the issues are site side. I ran a diagnostic earlier today, the server was simply refusing connections. That's a surefire sign that the database and the server are under too much stress. Meaning that if a server's load is exceeded, it will refuse more connections until the load drops, hence all the 502's and 504's everyone's getting. All the posts and threads, plus the ads are cached in the server as well, so if there are too many of them taking up space, there is less of it for the site to operate efficiently. It also means the server is having to wade through all of that to process a query. Which in turn means you will get slow load times, or connection timeouts.

Last edited:
Running Firefox here, posting unquoted posts takes 2 seconds for me, quoting posts takes less than 5 seconds, editing a post takes 10 seconds. All the issues are site side. I ran a diagnostic earlier today, the server was simply refusing connections. That's a surefire sign that the database and the server are under too much stress. Meaning that if a server's load is exceeded, it will refuse more connections until the load drops, hence all the 502's and 504's everyone's getting. All the posts and threads, plus the ads are cached in the server as well, so if there are too many of them taking up space, there is less of it for the site to operate efficiently. It also means the server is having to wade through all of that to process a query.

I suspect the video ads at the bottom of the page are causing many of the performance issues

Running Firefox here, posting unquoted posts takes 2 seconds for me, quoting posts takes less than 5 seconds, editing a post takes 10 seconds. All the issues are site side. I ran a diagnostic earlier today, the server was simply refusing connections. That's a surefire sign that the database and the server are under too much stress. Meaning that if a server's load is exceeded, it will refuse more connections until the load drops, hence all the 502's and 504's everyone's getting. All the posts and threads, plus the ads are cached in the server as well, so if there are too many of them taking up space, there is less of it for the site to operate efficiently. It also means the server is having to wade through all of that to process a query.

I suspect the video ads at the bottom of the page are causing many of the performance issues

Well yeah, all of that will consume space in the cache.

Had to do some cleaning up and rebuild the database. Should level out shortly...

image.jpg

It's getting worse. I've been knocked off even more than usual tonight. The response time has quadrupled.

And I keep getting redirected to ad sites.

:mad:

Forum List

Back