Why is the public not told about their ACA options?

I've discovered that NO ONE wants to talk about the OPTIONS to the ObamaCare exchanges. Why? Because they are either scared to death of IRS audits and harrassment or they are complicit in the fraud.

How many of you believe that if you've lost your insurance --- the best and only option is to wait until the Gov gets it's act and website together? Have you heard any media report on the alternatives? Have you seen advertising from Insurance brokers who STILL EXIST and have DECADES of experience in the biz? No --- you haven't..

The dirty little secret that everyone is AFRAID to discuss is that --- if you dont believe you QUALIFY FOR A SUBSIDY --- your best bet is to find a skilled BROKER to get you into a policy that NOT in the ObamaCare subsidized pool.

Yup --- you can do that.

However --- there is a CALCULATED AND DEVIOUS effort to herd folks like cattle into the poorly organized and staffed ObamaCare exchanges..

1) Would you do biz with a realtor who was UNLICENSED and who only specializes in Section 8 (govt subsidized) housing?

2) If you go DIRECTLY to the insurance companies, they are CONSCIOUSLY DIRECTING folks to the exchanges and NOT suggesting alternatives. WHY? Because they are SCARED of mentioning options to consumers. Because their corporate life is now in the governments hands... And they could be SNUFFED if the exchanges fail..

3) Do folks know that in GENERAL, Licensed brokers in most states have access to MORE INSURERS and MORE PLANS than are offered on the exchanges? NO. WHY? Because the MEDIA IS SCARED of reporting this. OR -- they are IGNORANT (or both). Equally plausible excuses. They have been DANGEROUSLY USELESS in covering this CRISIS.

4) Did you know that every Professional Group in this nation had their Group Insurance plans made illegal by ObamaCare.. ALL are now cancelled.. My prof. group got cancelled. Half the self-employed Veterinarians in this country were grouped thru their Prof Org and are now cancelled, ...... and so it goes. WHY? Because it was a calculated to DRIVE folks with money (like docs, vets, lawyers, engineers, scientists, etc ) to the public exchanges.
We're NOT that stupid.. Those plans WERE NOT Deficient by any means. The membership was not being SCREWED because there was a lifetime cap on their policies.

Herded like cattle to IRRESPONSIBLE, un-vetted navigators into a brokerage with limited options and ex-felons answering the phones. And nobody knows that BETTER OPTIONS are available? Because they are SCARED to talk about it?

I've talked to both a couple brokers, a couple insurance companies and members of the media. I don't even recognize my country any more.. How does this happen?

There are NO OPTIONS on Obamacare--except you can choose higher deductibles and co-pays. Basically EVERYONE pays for pre-natal care--everyone pays for mental health care--everyone pays for drug abuse treatment--everyone pays for eye glasses., and a lot of stuff in there that people don't want--will never use or don't need. Basically Obamacare is a nationwide GROUP insurance policy.

That's the problem there are no options--and that's why it's so expensive and we have only 27,000 Americans that have signed up for the pay for it yourself Obamacare--while 500,000 signed up for Medicade which is free health insurance.

Americans are finding out quickly that the cough-cough "Affordable Health Care Act" is not affordable.

Don't believe me--here is the Colorado Obamacare exchange which is working just fine. If you can find something in there that looks affordable to you--then sign up and shut up.
Connect for Health Colorado | Colorado's Health Insurance Marketplace

You are very correct that there are no options on what is COVERED by a qualified ACA plan. But HOW it's covered is a different story. Sat with a broker today for 1.5 hours. He validated everything I mentioned in the OP. AND --- we looked thru options that are offered both ON and OFF the exchanges.

SOME of the plans being pushed on the exchanges hinge on being immoral. The cheaper plans have HUGE deductibles, and some only cover 50% of costs after the deductible is met. For a low wage worker -- they are a one way ride to bankruptcy. Well to do folks can save money using self-insurance.. The poor that were supposed to be helped, but are being fed these crummies options will be destroyed if they actually NEED a cut-down "bronze" plan..

So --- we are gonna witness THOUSANDS of sad stories about how choosing the WRONG ObamaCare pkg turned out to be WORSE than pleading poverty and taking MediCaid..

we looked thru options that are offered both ON and OFF the exchanges.

LOL..take your ego out of this.
ON or OFF ALL plans must be compliant, period.

SOME of the plans being pushed on the exchanges hinge on being immoral. The cheaper plans have HUGE deductibles, and some only cover 50% of costs after the deductible is met.

To a maximum out of pocket of 6350 for an individual or 12700 for family, these are the mandated maximums....and yes this does not help the poor.

So --- we are gonna witness THOUSANDS of sad stories about how choosing the WRONG ObamaCare pkg turned out to be WORSE than pleading poverty and taking MediCaid

The premiums force the choice, the Bronze Plans are no more "affordable" than any of the othe plans.

FCT, contact a concierge care service with both an urgent care unit and an extended care unit then let them talk you through this.

hospitals are required to have ERs

The hospital subsidies that kept ERs open ended Oct. 1.

Compliant plans are useless if they refer to medical facilities that are going to disappear before Obama leaves office.

The end of hospitals will be very slow at first and then will pick up speed. (All I've heard about so far are some rural GA hospitals and 1 in CA.) Do not expect this trend to make the national news for at least a year and maybe more.

I sure will eventually when this storm becomes clearer.. Right now, I'm thinking that there will be challenges to plans with direct contracts. Just like the restrictions to contracting direct contracts if you receive MediCare. After all Willie ---- it's NOT FAIR ---- is it?
Whether fair or not AHA is a dictatorial system that will make Rs damn near invincible in swing districts and states through 2017 and that is no better for the country than a free ride for the Ds. The TEA party needs to force a split.

I've discovered that NO ONE wants to talk about the OPTIONS to the ObamaCare exchanges. Why? Because they are either scared to death of IRS audits and harrassment or they are complicit in the fraud.

How many of you believe that if you've lost your insurance --- the best and only option is to wait until the Gov gets it's act and website together? Have you heard any media report on the alternatives? Have you seen advertising from Insurance brokers who STILL EXIST and have DECADES of experience in the biz? No --- you haven't..

The dirty little secret that everyone is AFRAID to discuss is that --- if you dont believe you QUALIFY FOR A SUBSIDY --- your best bet is to find a skilled BROKER to get you into a policy that NOT in the ObamaCare subsidized pool.

Yup --- you can do that.

However --- there is a CALCULATED AND DEVIOUS effort to herd folks like cattle into the poorly organized and staffed ObamaCare exchanges..

1) Would you do biz with a realtor who was UNLICENSED and who only specializes in Section 8 (govt subsidized) housing?

2) If you go DIRECTLY to the insurance companies, they are CONSCIOUSLY DIRECTING folks to the exchanges and NOT suggesting alternatives. WHY? Because they are SCARED of mentioning options to consumers. Because their corporate life is now in the governments hands... And they could be SNUFFED if the exchanges fail..

3) Do folks know that in GENERAL, Licensed brokers in most states have access to MORE INSURERS and MORE PLANS than are offered on the exchanges? NO. WHY? Because the MEDIA IS SCARED of reporting this. OR -- they are IGNORANT (or both). Equally plausible excuses. They have been DANGEROUSLY USELESS in covering this CRISIS.

4) Did you know that every Professional Group in this nation had their Group Insurance plans made illegal by ObamaCare.. ALL are now cancelled.. My prof. group got cancelled. Half the self-employed Veterinarians in this country were grouped thru their Prof Org and are now cancelled, ...... and so it goes. WHY? Because it was a calculated to DRIVE folks with money (like docs, vets, lawyers, engineers, scientists, etc ) to the public exchanges.
We're NOT that stupid.. Those plans WERE NOT Deficient by any means. The membership was not being SCREWED because there was a lifetime cap on their policies.

Herded like cattle to IRRESPONSIBLE, un-vetted navigators into a brokerage with limited options and ex-felons answering the phones. And nobody knows that BETTER OPTIONS are available? Because they are SCARED to talk about it?

I've talked to both a couple brokers, a couple insurance companies and members of the media. I don't even recognize my country any more.. How does this happen?

Bumping this thread periodically until the Govt or the Media starts informing folks that they DONT HAVE TO WAIT on the govt exchanges to work to get insured..

Please let me know if you've heard ANY NEWS coverage stating that you don't have to be herded into the Govt pools..

The powder room tom-tom is catching up with the news but the insurance companies are not going to advertise the options. What you will see is pharmacy chains financing concierge care chains to get the scripts. How soon this will happen I do not know.

My SWAG is that CC will start out at about $250,000 gross profit and $100,000 net per site and turn negative on net as primary care providers flee the hassle of Obamacare within 24 months of being declared the next big thing.

The powder room tom-tom is catching up with the news but the insurance companies are not going to advertise the options. What you will see is pharmacy chains financing concierge care chains to get the scripts. How soon this will happen I do not know.

My SWAG is that CC will start out at about $250,000 gross profit and $100,000 net per site and turn negative on net as primary care providers flee the hassle of Obamacare within 24 months of being declared the next big thing.

My only fear about depending on Concierge medicine to reduce costs and cut out the middle crooks is that the govt CAN and WILL jack up the penalties for not carrying an ACA compliant policy.. It's a great idea -- but the morons in Wash DC now have the tools and the will to shut it down anytime they want..

I SUPPOSE you could carry an ACA compliant plan with the highest deductibles AND contract with a Concierge plan.. Depends on what inflation we see in the mess that's gonna boost insurance prices for the next several years..

Yup --- you can do that.

Bumping this thread periodically until the Govt or the Media starts informing folks that they DONT HAVE TO WAIT on the govt exchanges to work to get insured..

Please let me know if you've heard ANY NEWS coverage stating that you don't have to be herded into the Govt pools..

FC-- my brother's individual catastrophic plan was also cancelled. He received a letter from B/C, they had set up meetings throughout November at various locations in the area and went over all the options, etc. He said the presentation, while confusing due to so much information, was well done and provided a lot of information. When he got his cancellation letter he also thought that his only option was obamacare ... until he found out it isn't. His new B/C plan that most closely matches what he had has double the premium and nearly double the deductible. He's in Pa. On the up side (according to the idiots who claim this massively more inclusive plan is 'better'), this 55 year old single, no kids, healthy,non-addicted guy now gets to pay for maternity, newborn, pediatric care he does not need, prescription meds he does not take, rehab services he will not use. :mad:

90% of what I have been doing is off exchange, the Marketplace is however working much better.

Yup --- you can do that.

Have you seen advertising from Insurance brokers who STILL EXIST and have DECADES of experience in the biz? No --- you haven't..

Brokers rarely advertise.

your best bet is to find a skilled BROKER to get you into a policy that NOT in the ObamaCare subsidized pool

Ummmm, the same plans are offered off Exchange as are on the Exchange....

If you go DIRECTLY to the insurance companies, they are CONSCIOUSLY DIRECTING folks to the exchanges and NOT suggesting alternatives. WHY? Because they are SCARED of mentioning options to consumers. Because their corporate life is now in the governments hands... And they could be SNUFFED if the exchanges fail..

Um...no.
I write policies off exchange every day.....

Do folks know that in GENERAL, Licensed brokers in most states have access to MORE INSURERS and MORE PLANS than are offered on the exchanges? NO. WHY? Because the MEDIA IS SCARED of reporting this. OR -- they are IGNORANT (or both). Equally plausible excuses. They have been DANGEROUSLY USELESS in covering this CRISIS.

Show us?

Did you know that every Professional Group in this nation had their Group Insurance plans made illegal by ObamaCare.. ALL are now cancelled.. My prof. group got cancelled. Half the self-employed Veterinarians in this country were grouped thru their Prof Org and are now cancelled, ...... and so it goes. WHY? Because it was a calculated to DRIVE folks with money (like docs, vets, lawyers, engineers, scientists, etc ) to the public exchanges.

Uh...not yet but it will happen next year.

I work for Blue Cross Blue Shield...you really don't know what you are talking about.

From your little cubicle at BCBS -- I'm sure that's what you've told.
I've lost my Prof. Plan, the American Veterinary Assoc has lost their plan and dozens of other National Prof Groups have already been dissolved.

You are part of this herding. And I know that for a fact, because BCBS told my panicked wife that for individuals, "her only option to get BCBS coverage was to go thru the exchanges".. They lied.

Brokerages advertise all the time.. Ads are run on my local radio.. But they are too scared to ADVERTISE that they have access to ACA that are NOT "exchange qualified" but off ACA compliance.

In fact, I have an appointment tomorrow morning to go sign up thru a local broker.
You are just one more data point at how devious this cattle drive really is..

Ruh-Roh! This nutter doesn't know who he is talking to. Could be fun times ahead.

Have you seen advertising from Insurance brokers who STILL EXIST and have DECADES of experience in the biz? No --- you haven't..

Brokers rarely advertise.

your best bet is to find a skilled BROKER to get you into a policy that NOT in the ObamaCare subsidized pool

Ummmm, the same plans are offered off Exchange as are on the Exchange....

If you go DIRECTLY to the insurance companies, they are CONSCIOUSLY DIRECTING folks to the exchanges and NOT suggesting alternatives. WHY? Because they are SCARED of mentioning options to consumers. Because their corporate life is now in the governments hands... And they could be SNUFFED if the exchanges fail..

Um...no.
I write policies off exchange every day.....

Do folks know that in GENERAL, Licensed brokers in most states have access to MORE INSURERS and MORE PLANS than are offered on the exchanges? NO. WHY? Because the MEDIA IS SCARED of reporting this. OR -- they are IGNORANT (or both). Equally plausible excuses. They have been DANGEROUSLY USELESS in covering this CRISIS.

Show us?

Did you know that every Professional Group in this nation had their Group Insurance plans made illegal by ObamaCare.. ALL are now cancelled.. My prof. group got cancelled. Half the self-employed Veterinarians in this country were grouped thru their Prof Org and are now cancelled, ...... and so it goes. WHY? Because it was a calculated to DRIVE folks with money (like docs, vets, lawyers, engineers, scientists, etc ) to the public exchanges.

Uh...not yet but it will happen next year.

I work for Blue Cross Blue Shield...you really don't know what you are talking about.

I've lost my Prof. Plan, the American Veterinary Assoc has lost their plan and dozens of other National Prof Groups have already been dissolved.

You are part of this herding. And I know that for a fact, because BCBS told my panicked wife that for individuals, "her only option to get BCBS coverage was to go thru the exchanges".. They lied.

Brokerages advertise all the time.. Ads are run on my local radio.. But they are too scared to ADVERTISE that they have access to ACA that are NOT "exchange qualified" but off ACA compliance.

In fact, I have an appointment tomorrow morning to go sign up thru a local broker.

Ruh-Roh! This nutter doesn't know who he is talking to. Could be fun times ahead.

I give up, flacalten has a bigger dick than me.

Has? You meant "is", right?

The fun part about this outrage is that ll of the people who got individual policy cancellation notices were advised of their option to get a new plan OFF THE EXCHANGE by their insurer. Those letters avoided telling the policy holders tht they could go on the exchange, in fact.

If you thought that you HAD TO GET A PLAN on the exchange, you might simple be in need of better information sources.

I write 5-10 plans a day both on and off the Exchange...and no matter how loud you bleat it does not change the fact that you don't know what you are talking about.

neither do you.
because if the exchanges would be encouraged to use only by those who can qualify for subsidy ( and that is true - if you don't qualify - don't even approach it) - the whole obamacare is toast - because it is the ones who will pay unsubsidized which are paying for those on subsidies as well ( plus all other taxes).

so his empirical observation SHOULD be correct - one can not suspect that the obamacare pushers would advertise their own failure.

If you, personally, advice your clients to chose plans outside exchanges it is your personal honesty, but that does not mean everybody else is doing that.
And from the logical standpoint the ones who are for obamacare can not give the options of other plans, because it will fail it.

If you work for BCBS that means you write policies only for BCBS and not any other insurance company?

90% of what I have been doing is off exchange, the Marketplace is however working much better.

Yes 40% better which is 80% of the time. And they're setting up virtual waiting rooms for you to hang out in. Kinda smart preparing everyone for what to expect later when they actually try to see a doctor.

The fun part about this outrage is that ll of the people who got individual policy cancellation notices were advised of their option to get a new plan OFF THE EXCHANGE by their insurer. Those letters avoided telling the policy holders tht they could go on the exchange, in fact.

If you thought that you HAD TO GET A PLAN on the exchange, you might simple be in need of better information sources.

Not only are you useless.. You're a fucking liar.. My cancellation notice said NOTHING about off-exchange policies or groups.. SOME of the professional org plans that were outlawed were big enough and man enough to hire OFF EXCHANGE experts to set up a private exchange for their members. But that didn't null the pain and confusion OR COST of cancelling all those policies for no apparent reason or gain.

I have yet to see ONE news segment informing folks that waiting for healthcare.gov is NOT THEIR ONLY OPTION.. The brokers and licensed agents are scared to death of sticking their necks out.. And the governments ONLY interest is to herd as many cattle to THEIR groups as possible..

Here's my challenge to you Asswipe.. Go find me major media coverage from 3 sources informing folks that waiting for healthcare.gov isn't your only option.. Must contain the words "licensed brokers" and/or "separate pools" off the govt exchanges..

I've already posted the only reference that I COULD FIND.

Last edited:

Not only are you useless.. You're a fucking liar.. My cancellation notice said NOTHING about off-exchange policies or groups.. SOME of the professional org plans that were outlawed were big enough and man enough to hire OFF EXCHANGE experts to set up a private exchange for their members. But that didn't null the pain and confusion OR COST of cancelling all those policies for no apparent reason or gain.

I have yet to see ONE news segment informing folks that waiting for healthcare.gov is NOT THEIR ONLY OPTION.. The brokers and licensed agents are scared to death of sticking their necks out.. And the governments ONLY interest is to herd as many cattle to THEIR groups as possible..

You think that insurance companies are afraid to tell people that they can buy insurance plans from them in a variety of ways?

You are a bit crazy, right?

I write 5-10 plans a day both on and off the Exchange...and no matter how loud you bleat it does not change the fact that you don't know what you are talking about.

neither do you.
because if the exchanges would be encouraged to use only by those who can qualify for subsidy ( and that is true - if you don't qualify - don't even approach it) - the whole obamacare is toast - because it is the ones who will pay unsubsidized which are paying for those on subsidies as well ( plus all other taxes).

so his empirical observation SHOULD be correct - one can not suspect that the obamacare pushers would advertise their own failure.

If you, personally, advice your clients to chose plans outside exchanges it is your personal honesty, but that does not mean everybody else is doing that.
And from the logical standpoint the ones who are for obamacare can not give the options of other plans, because it will fail it.

If you work for BCBS that means you write policies only for BCBS and not any other insurance company?

neither do you.

Try this again in english.
All of us are paying for the subsidies kid....

Everyone I work with is doing the same thing....there is no incentive for an Agent to take ANYONE through the Exchanges.

so his empirical observation SHOULD be correct

So.....the anecdotal claims of one person's "experience" are more "valuable" than the daily experiences of an entire office dealing with hundreds of different people and situations...lol.

And from the logical standpoint the ones who are for obamacare can not give the options of other plans, because it will fail it

The plans are all almost exactly like.....NO pan can be sold except one that is compliant.
Granfathered plans cannot be offered to anyone except to family that are already on the plan...and they will all go away next year.
Temp plans are just that, temporary band aids that don't keep you from getting fined.

If you work for BCBS that means you write policies only for BCBS and not any other insurance company

I was independent for 8 years, I've seen and sold it all kid.

You think that insurance companies are afraid to tell people that they can buy insurance plans from them in a variety of ways?

When my panicked wife called an asshole (maybe Antares -- :lol:) at BCBS -- they told her to go thru healthcare.gov.. Same with Cigna. Even WHEN she asked for options if no subsidy was desired. That's herding and dishonest. It APPEARS they've agreed not to compete with the govt pools in exchange for the "right" to still write policies for private pools.

The policies that BCBS are writing OFF EXCHANGE are going thru PRIVATE exchanges or brokers. The companies are part of the herding.

BTW LL -- go back and reread my previous post.. I added a task for you -- if you think you're useful here..

When my panicked wife called an asshole (maybe Antares -- :lol:) at BCBS -- they told her to go thru healthcare.gov.. Same with Cigna. Even WHEN she asked for options if no subsidy was desired. That's herding and dishonest. It APPEARS they've agreed not to compete with the govt pools in exchange for the "right" to still write policies for private pools.

The policies that BCBS are writing OFF EXCHANGE are going thru PRIVATE exchanges or brokers. The companies are part of the herding.

BTW LL -- go back and reread my previous post.. I added a task for you -- if you think you're useful here..

When my panicked wife called an asshole (maybe Antares -- :lol:) at BCBS -- they told her to go thru healthcare.gov.. Same with Cigna. Even WHEN she asked for options if no subsidy was desired

I would agree, that was/is dishonest and quite stupid. I can speak for the seven Great Plains BCBS Shields, we aren't doing that unless there is a subsidy that the client wants and qualifies for.
The exchange is a pain in the ass that any sane Agent would avoid if they could.

The policies that BCBS are writing OFF EXCHANGE are going thru PRIVATE exchanges or brokers.

They don't have two sets of plans, there are one set of plans that can e offered on or off the Exchange...it really isn't this hard kids.

neither do you.

neither do you.

Try this again in english.
All of us are paying for the subsidies kid....

Everyone I work with is doing the same thing....there is no incentive for an Agent to take ANYONE through the Exchanges.

so his empirical observation SHOULD be correct

So.....the anecdotal claims of one person's "experience" are more "valuable" than the daily experiences of an entire office dealing with hundreds of different people and situations...lol.

And from the logical standpoint the ones who are for obamacare can not give the options of other plans, because it will fail it

The plans are all almost exactly like.....NO pan can be sold except one that is compliant.
Granfathered plans cannot be offered to anyone except to family that are already on the plan...and they will all go away next year.
Temp plans are just that, temporary band aids that don't keep you from getting fined.

If you work for BCBS that means you write policies only for BCBS and not any other insurance company

I was independent for 8 years, I've seen and sold it all kid.

Your "honesty" is showing.. What you DIDNT tell folks is that many state exchanges are DOMINATED by one company. And in my state, BCBS is LOWBALLING the enrollment prices to kill off the competition. Which will inevitably result in profitable little feudal system of escalating prices later on.. In addition, the OTHER companies that are NOT on state exchanges are STILL WRITING POLICIES OFF exchange in many cases. Resulting in MORE CHOICES in some states if you go thru private exchange or brokers..

Most companies are shunning the subsidized exchanges because they KNOW that getting full reimbursement for the SUBSIDIES is an iffy proposition. The Govt doesnt even yet have a MECHANISM for paying the subsidy portions to the companies.. They are writing policies quietly OFF exchange so as to not jeopardize their reimbursements later on..

If the state subsidized pools don't materialize correctly, and they do not get deep pocket IDEAL clients, their chances for ever SEEING reimbursements from the govt go directly to hell..

When my panicked wife called an asshole (maybe Antares -- :lol:) at BCBS -- they told her to go thru healthcare.gov.. Same with Cigna. Even WHEN she asked for options if no subsidy was desired

I would agree, that was/is dishonest and quite stupid. I can speak for the seven Great Plains BCBS Shields, we aren't doing that unless there is a subsidy that the client wants and qualifies for.
The exchange is a pain in the ass that any sane Agent would avoid if they could.

The policies that BCBS are writing OFF EXCHANGE are going thru PRIVATE exchanges or brokers.

They don't have two sets of plans, there are one set of plans that can e offered on or off the Exchange...it really isn't this hard kids.

Most sane BUYERS would avoid navigators and go with an experienced licensed broker. Thanks for that flash of honesty..

No -- there aren't two set of PLANS --- but the POOLS are separate. And in some states there may be more COMPANIES writing off exchange than on exchange. If NAME is important -- or NETWORK is important to you --- there's some choice left..

Bonus points for anyone of you O-Care suck-ups that can answer the OP question OR provide evidence of common media coverage of the non-subsidized exchange options...

Forum List

Back