Why are you against same-sex marriage?

• For the Bible (or some other holy book) tells me so

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • Other reason (please state)

Votes: 10 27.0%
  • I'm not against ss marriage

Votes: 24 64.9%

• Total voters
So why is Obama getting credit for being for it when he says it shouldn't be passed?

I guess when you're living in a dream world this argument is allowed to pass as well.

Because he is the first President of the United States who ever did so.

And it's not up to Congress to usurp the States decisions. IMO, it's up to SCOTUS.

He did, but he didn't.

Btw, Cheney supported it years ago.....but he didn't get any credit for it.

Yes, Cheney showed basic decency as a human; memorable.

The foundation of liberty has never been the methods one employs to enjoy sexual activity. Which is why we have so many laws limiting those methods.

Really? And you think that's why they want to get married?

Certainly! It's one of the primary reasons. Show me one gay couple that that does have sex. Just one. Without sex they aren't married, they are best friends. Now, if you are suggesting that best friends get married because they want certain benefits that accrue only to married couples, like getting on a superior insurance program, or accessing government benefits, that's not marriage. That's actually fraud.

No it's not. They can have sex anytime. We're not talking fundamentalists who can't do the deed until they take their vows.

Nope. You can't take a law designed for one purpose and apply it to a minority cultural demand. That is unconstitutional. If you want to legalize same-sex marriage then do it, but don't twist and manipulate the US Constitution to do it. We're not gonna allow that.

The Constitution and its meaning exist only in the context of its case law, as determined by the Supreme Court, the final and ultimate authority.

The US Supreme court is not the final authority. The people are, congress. Article III, section 2

Last edited:
See poll.

Holy matrimony is between a man and woman.

A civil union (a contract between Two adult people) is just that.

Both parties need to be of age and capable of understanding what's going on.

now for reality;

Liberals will never stop until they can force all churches to perform any kind of wedding.

We know this by looking at the history of anything they have supported.

Who says holy matrimony is between a man and a woman.

Every religion I know of.

thus the term "holy".

See poll.

now for reality;

Liberals will never stop until they can force all churches to perform any kind of wedding.

The marriage of atheists, man and woman, is not a valid marriage?

)sigh(

If it wasn't in a church or something similar, than no, it's not holy.

If they went to the judge and got married, they have a civil contract.

I don't get what's so hard to understand.

Can no one tell the difference between a church wedding and a civil contract?

now for reality;

thus the term "holy".

Separation of church and state.

There are Christian gays. Are you saying in your estimation, they should not be able to get married in a church, even if they find a church leader willing to perform said ceremony?

thus the term "holy".

Separation of church and state.

pfft

nonsensical

The "state" is the Fed, not the states.

Clearly each and every last state and the towns within can so no to gay matrimony and civil unions.

how?

The Second Amendment says I have the right to bear arms. there are no restrictions, yet I need a license just to carry any firearm and am not allowed to carry just any kind of arm.

The First says I have Free Speech. Hate speech is a crime, thus we don't have free speech.

You want to argue about gays getting to force churches to let them get wed in a church?

They make up 2% of the population.

The restrictions on arms and speech affect 100% of us.

What's more important?

Really? And you think that's why they want to get married?

Certainly! It's one of the primary reasons. Show me one gay couple that that does have sex. Just one. Without sex they aren't married, they are best friends. Now, if you are suggesting that best friends get married because they want certain benefits that accrue only to married couples, like getting on a superior insurance program, or accessing government benefits, that's not marriage. That's actually fraud.

No it's not. They can have sex anytime. We're not talking fundamentalists who can't do the deed until they take their vows.

Ahhhhh! How wise of you.

So they don't really need to get married at all. There is no particular liberty associated with marriage. They just want some mythological sense of equality and have their relationships given the same recognition and respect as traditional marriage. Except they don't have a good reason for it, other than to make themselves feel good. It's all about them feeling good about themselves. Same sex relationships are the foundation of nothing, build nothing and don't benefit society whatsoever. All they can do is reduce the general marital institution to one of depravity.

It's the same arguments that legalizing drugs and prostitution is best for the culture. All it does is make them feel better about what they are doiing. Reducing the age of consent for sex to 6 isn't to help children feel loved, it's to make pedophiles feel better about themselves. Getting divorced 6 times doesn't build families, it makes the serial polygamist feel less guilty. Change behavior and belief justifying the behavior will eventually follow.

It's all about depravity and degeracy. The more people degenerate the better and the more normal degenerates feel.

Yes, Cheney showed basic decency as a human; memorable.

He always has. Cheney is a patriot.

And how do you rectify the difference between Cheney's take on SSM and yours.

How one can term Dick "other priorities than military service" Cheney a patriot is my question. His profit off of Iraq alone is questionable.*

*Note, I believe Rick Santorum would be a horrendous President, but do not question his love of this country.

Ahhhhh! How wise of you.

So they don't really need to get married at all. There is no particular liberty associated with marriage. They just want some mythological sense of equality and have their relationships given the same recognition and respect as traditional marriage. Except they don't have a good reason for it, other than to make themselves feel good. It's all about them feeling good about themselves. Same sex relationships are the foundation of nothing, build nothing and don't benefit society whatsoever. All they can do is reduce the general marital institution to one of depravity.

It's the same arguments that legalizing drugs and prostitution is best for the culture. All it does is make them feel better about what they are doiing. Reducing the age of consent for sex to 6 isn't to help children feel loved, it's to make pedophiles feel better about themselves. Getting divorced 6 times doesn't build families, it makes the serial polygamist feel less guilty. Change behavior and belief justifying the behavior will eventually follow.

It's all about depravity and degeracy. The more people degenerate the better and the more normal degenerates feel.

They want to get married because they are in love and it's the logical next step.

Forum List

Back