Why are you against same-sex marriage?

• For the Bible (or some other holy book) tells me so

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • Other reason (please state)

Votes: 10 27.0%
  • I'm not against ss marriage

Votes: 24 64.9%

• Total voters
Same sex marriage is not wrong. Giving it legitimacy and normalization is wrong.

Why.

Because it is a poison to the larger societal structure in which it exists. Homosexuality itself is benign. It does not harm, nor does it help. When it is accepted as normal behavior by the host culture in which it exists, it becomes destructive to the whole.

Mostly because acceptance of the normalcy of same sex relationships comes along in a package of degeneracy. Perhaps it could not exist without a pool of depravity to feed it. Once a culture gets to normalizing same sex relationships, it is already very sick. Rather than look to getting stronger, the culture embraces the infection imagining they are getting stronger.

This reflects the issue at hand:

The only issue is that of same-sex couples’ equal access to the law, as mandated by the 14th Amendment.

C_Clayton_Jones.

That isn't the reason for the 14th amendment.

The Constitution and Supreme Court indicate that you are wrong:

The Equal Protection Clause of the 14th amendment of the U.S. Constitution prohibits states from denying any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws. See U.S. Const. amend. XIV. In other words, the laws of a state must treat an individual in the same manner as others in similar conditions and circumstances.

Equal protection | LII / Legal Information Institute

Really? Have you ever had a man put his penis up your right nostril?

And you continue to show your ignorance.

Your sex life must be boring beyond belief.

I am of course giving you the benefit of the doubt that you have one - since apparently, by your own admission, your needle dick can fit up a nostril.

You're the one who stated the "entire body is a sex organ". When is the last time a man put his penis into your left ear?

When was the last time you could think straight because a woman licked and whispered in your left ear.

And you continue to show your ignorance.

Your sex life must be boring beyond belief.

I am of course giving you the benefit of the doubt that you have one - since apparently, by your own admission, your needle dick can fit up a nostril.

You're the one who stated the "entire body is a sex organ". When is the last time a man put his penis into your left ear?

When was the last time you could think straight because a woman licked and whispered in your left ear.

That's called "foreplay", not sexual intercourse. You're confused, dear.

That's their business and not my point. My point is only a man and a woman can have sexual intercourse.

And they don't have to be married to do it.

So what's your point. Where did you get the impression that gays should not be allowed to marry.

Gays can't have sexual intercourse. I got that impression by using my brain and God-given common sense and refusing to be influenced by communists who want to destroy the traditional family and remove God from our culture.

Lol

See poll.

Holy matrimony is between a man and woman.

A civil union (a contract between Two adult people) is just that.

Both parties need to be of age and capable of understanding what's going on.

now for reality;

Liberals will never stop until they can force all churches to perform any kind of wedding.

We know this by looking at the history of anything they have supported.

The marriage of atheists, man and woman, is not a valid marriage?

The only issue is that of same-sex couples’ equal access to the law, as mandated by the 14th Amendment.

C_Clayton_Jones.

The Constitution and Supreme Court indicate that you are wrong:

The Equal Protection Clause of the 14th amendment of the U.S. Constitution prohibits states from denying any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws. See U.S. Const. amend. XIV. In other words, the laws of a state must treat an individual in the same manner as others in similar conditions and circumstances.

Equal protection | LII / Legal Information Institute

And that doesn't apply to same-sex marriage. When was the 14th amendment passed?

C_Clayton_Jones.

The "reason" was equal protection under the Constitution for all Americans.

What was the reason for the 14th amendment and when was it passed?

That's called "foreplay", not sexual intercourse. You're confused, dear.

And you're still heavily into vanilla sex, and think everybody else should be as well.

You see it as me blending and/or confusing other issues.
I see it as me treating people equally regardless of the issue.
Isn't equal treatment what people want? Isn't equal treatment fair for all?

Not necessarily. The 14th Amendment requires equal application and access of and to the laws, it is not a guarantee of equality for all persons and classes. The state may ban plural marriage, or marriage between a father and daughter, for example.
Maybe I just don't understand why some people ask for equal treatment in one area, but expect to be treated under unequal manners (to their advantage) in some other area.

Again, equal protection/access and equal treatment are two different things, the former is required, the latter not. The state may have a compelling reason to deny women the draft, evidence in support, and a sufficiently narrow application of the policy, unlike prohibition of same-sex couples to marriage laws.

Oh pshaw. Now you're going off the cliff. Do you have your helmet on?

You went off the cliff the minute you decided that marriage was all about sexual intercourse.

Do you deny that only a man and a woman can have sexual intercourse?

Funny. I just got my thread notification wherein you state "I never said that."

Must've realized you were lying, huh.

Oh, gracious but you are the clueless one.

Do you believe the anus is a sex organ?

I believe you are ignorant.

I believe the entire body is a sex organ.

Obviously this isn't true. It's true that you might believe it, but factually incorrect. The entire human body cannot engage in sexual activity. Which is probably why medical personnel and those who have made a study of human sexuality have identified certain erogenous zones on the human body rather than claiming the entire human body is a sex organ. Also why there is such a thing as a sex organ, and such a thing as genitalia. The anus is not a sex organ, it has nothing to do with identification of sex. It is genitalia. A penis is a sex organ. A vagina is a sex organ, the testicals and clitoris are sex organs. The anus is possessed by both males and females is genitalia.

Some individual might enjoy having ejaculation into their left ear. This does not turn the ear from a hearing organ into a sex organ. If a woman needs glasses she goes to an optometrist, not a gynocologist.

You went off the cliff the minute you decided that marriage was all about sexual intercourse.

Funny. I just got my thread notification wherein you state "I never said that."

Must've realized you were lying, huh.

You see it as me blending and/or confusing other issues.
I see it as me treating people equally regardless of the issue.
Isn't equal treatment what people want? Isn't equal treatment fair for all?

Not necessarily. The 14th Amendment requires equal application and access of and to the laws, it is not a guarantee of equality for all persons and classes. The state may ban plural marriage, or marriage between a father and daughter, for example.
Maybe I just don't understand why some people ask for equal treatment in one area, but expect to be treated under unequal manners (to their advantage) in some other area.

Again, equal protection/access and equal treatment are two different things, the former is required, the latter not. The state may have a compelling reason to deny women the draft, evidence in support, and a sufficiently narrow application of the policy, unlike prohibition of same-sex couples to marriage laws.

Maybe the state has what it thinks is a compelling reason when it comes to same sex marriage. Why is that supposed compelling reason any different than the supposed compelling reason for the things I listed or the supposed compelling reasons for things you cited?
You seem to want to pick and choose. I want the law to be applied equally regardless of your opinion.

The "reason" was equal protection under the Constitution for all Americans.

What was the reason for the 14th amendment and when was it passed?

Passed in 1868, as we have respected the Constitution since our inception, limiting the interpretation of amendments, and the original clauses, is not rational. Much has changed since 1868, but the foundation of liberty for all Americans set forth therein is eternal.

"All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws."

Forum List

Back