Why Is Ronald Reagan Still Considered A Conservative Hero?

And the latter is the one who returned Churchill's bust, gave the Queen an ipod filled with his speeches, and then sold out the UK by telling Russia about the location of trident missiles.
Again I ask, just how stupid do you have to be to believe anything that comes from CON$ervative media?????????

The bust was LOANED to BUSH and returned BEFORE Obama was inaugurated!!!

The iPod had footage of the queen's 2007 visit to America and Broadway show tunes, not Obama's speeches!!!

All Russia was given was the SERIAL NUMBERS of the Trident missiles we sold Britten, not the locations!!!

I'm amazed that no matter how many times GOP hate media is exposed for its lies, CON$ are STILL gullible enough to swallow all the propaganda whole. :cuckoo:

the right wing media generates what their customers want. Which is seldom the whole truth.

And the latter is the one who returned Churchill's bust, gave the Queen an ipod filled with his speeches, and then sold out the UK by telling Russia about the location of trident missiles.
Again I ask, just how stupid do you have to be to believe anything that comes from CON$ervative media?????????

The bust was LOANED to BUSH and returned BEFORE Obama was inaugurated!!!
A bust of the former prime minister once voted the greatest Briton in history, which was loaned to George W Bush from the Government's art collection after the September 11 attacks, has now been formally handed back.

The bronze by Sir Jacob Epstein, worth hundreds of thousands of pounds if it were ever sold on the open market, enjoyed pride of place in the Oval Office during President Bush's tenure.

But when British officials offered to let Mr Obama to hang onto the bust for a further four years, the White House said: "Thanks, but no thanks.

Barack Obama sends bust of Winston Churchill on its way back to Britain - Telegraph

so, it appears you're wrong.

The iPod had footage of the queen's 2007 visit to America and Broadway show tunes, not Obama's speeches!!!

President and First Lady Obama gave Her Royal Highness Queen Elizabeth II a video iPod with inscription, songs uploaded and accessories, plus a rare musical songbook signed by Richard Rodgers.
Uploaded onto the iPod:

* Photos from the Queen’s 2007 White House State Visit
* Photos from the Queen’s 2007 Jamestown, Va., Visit
* Photos from the Queen’s 2007 Richmond, Va., Visit
* Video from the Queen’s 1957 Jamestown Visit
* Video from the Queen’s 2007 Jamestown Visit
* Video from the Queen’s 2007 Richmond Visit
* Photos from President Obama’s Inauguration
* Audio of then-state senator Obama’s speech at the 2004 Democratic National Convention, and
* Audio of President Obama 2009 Inauguration Address

What Does One Get a Queen? - Political Punch

All Russia was given was the SERIAL NUMBERS of the Trident missiles we sold Britten, not the locations!!!

that is true, the serial numbers won't tell them were they are BUT they can be extrapolated to provide a figure as to how many they have, which has always been closely held secret due to the UK's smaller arsenal.

Duncan Lennox, editor of Jane’s Strategic Weapons Systems, said: “They want to find out whether Britain has more missiles than we say we have, and having the unique identifiers might help them.”

While the US and Russia have long permitted inspections of each other’s nuclear weapons, Britain has sought to maintain some secrecy to compensate for the relatively small size of its arsenal.

William Hague, the Foreign Secretary, last year disclosed that “up to 160” warheads are operational at any one time, but did not confirm the number of missiles.

WikiLeaks cables: US agrees to tell Russia Britain's nuclear secrets - Telegraph

so, it appears you are right on the number but wrong in substance as to the real issue, that we are giving away something that in effect we should not be absent permission.

I'm amazed that no matter how many times GOP hate media is exposed for its lies, CON$ are STILL gullible enough to swallow all the propaganda whole. :cuckoo:

I'm amazed you 'd make that statement in the face of what I just goggled in 2 minutes.

I think I understand how they are similar!

Reagan had contempt of Congress via Iran/Contra, Obama has contempt of the Constitution via National Health Care.

That about right?

Reagan violated the Constitution via Iran/Contra and showed utter contempt for it. He was also a traitor to the nation by offering aid and comfort to an enemy.

It's no wonder that conservatives, many of whom harbor a secret admiration for Benedict Arnold, revere Reagan so much.

Reagan had contempt of Congress via Iran/Contra, Obama has contempt of the Constitution via National Health Care.

That about right?

Reagan violated the Constitution via Iran/Contra and showed utter contempt for it. He was also a traitor to the nation by offering aid and comfort to an enemy.

It's no wonder that conservatives, many of whom harbor a secret admiration for Benedict Arnold, revere Reagan so much.

I call shenanigans. Please provide proof that Reagan gave aid and comfort to the enemy.

A bust of the former prime minister once voted the greatest Briton in history, which was loaned to George W Bush from the Government's art collection after the September 11 attacks, has now been formally handed back.

The bronze by Sir Jacob Epstein, worth hundreds of thousands of pounds if it were ever sold on the open market, enjoyed pride of place in the Oval Office during President Bush's tenure.

But when British officials offered to let Mr Obama to hang onto the bust for a further four years, the White House said: "Thanks, but no thanks.

Barack Obama sends bust of Winston Churchill on its way back to Britain - Telegraph

President and First Lady Obama gave Her Royal Highness Queen Elizabeth II a video iPod with inscription, songs uploaded and accessories, plus a rare musical songbook signed by Richard Rodgers.
Uploaded onto the iPod:

* Photos from the Queen’s 2007 White House State Visit
* Photos from the Queen’s 2007 Jamestown, Va., Visit
* Photos from the Queen’s 2007 Richmond, Va., Visit
* Video from the Queen’s 1957 Jamestown Visit
* Video from the Queen’s 2007 Jamestown Visit
* Video from the Queen’s 2007 Richmond Visit
* Photos from President Obama’s Inauguration
* Audio of then-state senator Obama’s speech at the 2004 Democratic National Convention, and
* Audio of President Obama 2009 Inauguration Address

What Does One Get a Queen? - Political Punch

that is true, the serial numbers won't tell them were they are BUT they can be extrapolated to provide a figure as to how many they have, which has always been closely held secret due to the UK's smaller arsenal.

Duncan Lennox, editor of Jane’s Strategic Weapons Systems, said: “They want to find out whether Britain has more missiles than we say we have, and having the unique identifiers might help them.”

While the US and Russia have long permitted inspections of each other’s nuclear weapons, Britain has sought to maintain some secrecy to compensate for the relatively small size of its arsenal.

William Hague, the Foreign Secretary, last year disclosed that “up to 160” warheads are operational at any one time, but did not confirm the number of missiles.

WikiLeaks cables: US agrees to tell Russia Britain's nuclear secrets - Telegraph

so, it appears you are right on the number but wrong in substance as to the real issue, that we are giving away something that in effect we should not be absent permission.

I'm amazed you 'd make that statement in the face of what I just goggled in 2 minutes.

I'm amazed that you believe the serial #'s can be used to figure out how many nukes they have (just because some other wingnut says it's true) :cuckoo:

Nice way to prove that you don't swallow all the propoganda whole :lol:

Last edited:

That about right?

I call shenanigans. Please provide proof that Reagan gave aid and comfort to the enemy.

Reagan sent Stinger missiles to the terrorist regime in Iran. They were, and still are, our enemy

Compare the Reagan:

"Mr Gobachev tear down this wall."

with

Obama (from his America Doesn't Appreciate Europe Speech):

“Instead of celebrating your dynamic union and seeking to partner with you to meet common challenges, there have been times where America has shown arrogance and been dismissive, even derisive.”

On July 4th, in Grosvenor Square (London), they will unveil a statue of one of our great Presidents.... nope, not Obama.... Reagan.

:lol::lol::lol: I guess the Brits have quickly realized that Reagan was a better friend to the UK than Obama ever will be.

Ronald Reagan statue to be unveiled in Grosvenor Square - Telegraph

The Brits love the big spending, high taxing, big govt types who negotiate with terrorists.

Wow. You really do show your stupid side quite often, huh? You honestly think the Brits give a shit about how much our POTUS spends? Or how much tax Americans pay? No. They care about Presidents who show some fucking loyalty to their friends. That was Reagan. It sure as hell ain't Obama. I'd put money on him never having a statue dedicated to him in London.... but they do find him funny.... in an 'OMG, we can't believe you elected that idiot' kind of way. And, I agree with them.

On July 4th, in Grosvenor Square (London), they will unveil a statue of one of our great Presidents.... nope, not Obama.... Reagan.

:lol::lol::lol: I guess the Brits have quickly realized that Reagan was a better friend to the UK than Obama ever will be.

The Brits love the big spending, high taxing, big govt types who negotiate with terrorists.

Wow. You really do show your stupid side quite often, huh? You honestly think the Brits give a shit about how much our POTUS spends? Or how much tax Americans pay? No. They care about Presidents who show some fucking loyalty to their friends. That was Reagan. It sure as hell ain't Obama. I'd put money on him never having a statue dedicated to him in London.... but they do find him funny.... in an 'OMG, we can't believe you elected that idiot' kind of way. And, I agree with them.

We are Great Britains largest trading partner. Of course the brits don't give a shit aboutour economy!! :cuckoo:

Here's a link to a british publication that shows it doesn't give a shit about the US govt spending by posting article after article about US govt spending :lol:

http://www.economist.com/topics/american-economy

Last edited:
Because most "conservatives" have only heard the rhetoric without examining the actions.

Rothbard nailed it years ago
Ronald Reagan: An Autopsy by Murray N. Rothbard

thx for the fair and balanced snippet.:lol:

Eight years, eight dreary, miserable, mind-numbing years, the years of the Age of Reagan, are at long last coming to an end.
:rolleyes: down hill very fast from there....

if you want your view to be taken seriously, perhaps you could something less chock full of ridiculous pejoratives and isn't basically a hate filled screed that has its own factual issues...we get it, the guy doesn't like reagan..thx anyway.

Last edited:
Because most "conservatives" have only heard the rhetoric without examining the actions.

Rothbard nailed it years ago
Ronald Reagan: An Autopsy by Murray N. Rothbard

thx for the fair and balanced snippet.:lol:

Eight years, eight dreary, miserable, mind-numbing years, the years of the Age of Reagan, are at long last coming to an end.
:rolleyes: down hill very fast from there....

if you want your view to be taken seriously, perhaps you could something less chock full of ridiculous pejoratives and isn't basically is a hate filled screed that has its own factual issues...we get it, the guy doesn't like reagan..thx anyway.

If you want to be taken seriously, why don't you answer a serious question or two instead of responding to such nonsense?

1) Why do you believe that the serial #'s can be used to determine how many nukes GB has when the only evidence is "some politician said so"?

2) How does believing something simply because a politician said so demonstrate that you do not "swallow the propoganda whole"?

That about right?

Reagan admitting he ordered Iran-Contra.

Last edited by a moderator:

That about right?

This just never gets old..and get better with each repetition.

You just got owned...:lol:

This just never gets old..and get better with each repetition.

You just got owned...:lol:

:lol:

Giving aid and comfort to the enemy and arming terrorists is just one of the many reasons why wingnuts love Reagan

whos the enemy? they all were, Iran gets arms to kill Iraqis and release hostages, we get money to fund contras...in geo-politics thats called a win win. problem? he got caught. whoops.

whos the enemy? they all were, Iran gets arms to kill Iraqis and release hostages, we get money to fund contras...in geo-politics thats called a win win. problem? he got caught. whoops.

Like I said, wingnuts love that reagan armed the terrorists who kidnapped innocent americans.

In wingnut world, they call it a "win win" :cuckoo:

There's a little document called the UNITED STATES CONSTITUTION that got violated.

Win win..indeed.

You're lying.

Instead of privatizing Social Security, he raised taxes

The Greenspan Commission....he signed it into law, and it raised taxes on Social Security.

He negotiated with terrorists, sending -- over and over again -- arms to Iran in exchange for hostages; by contrast Jimmy Carter didn't give an inch to the Iranians.

Reagan gave amnesty to people who are breaking the law and living in the country illegally. He said, "Forget about it. Stay here forever." He cut and ran from Lebanon. How many hundreds of Marines were killed?

Why is Reagan a hero to conservatives?

He's a tax raiser, an amnesty giver, a cut-and-runner, and he negotiated with terrorists.

Why is Ronald a hero to conservatives?

Maybe because he was a pragmatist rather then an idealist.

He knew which battles to fight and which not to. He also loved this country. One thing our current President does not.

I compare his speeches to the prick in the White House today. Ronald Reagan was obviously a man of vision. Nothing he said made me want to kick the shit out of him like the words of Obama do.
He coined the following quotes; "Government is like a baby. An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no responsibility at the other.

Welfare's purpose should be to eliminate, as far as possible, the need for its own existence.

I'm convinced that today the majority of Americans want what those first Americans wanted: A better life for themselves and their children; a minimum of government authority.

If we lose freedom here, there is no place to escape to. This is the last stand on Earth.

There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit.

government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem.

Freedom is a fragile thing and is never more than one generation away from extinction.!"

He believed in smaller government. That's what makes him a conservative. Maybe you can get your mind around that simple fact.

Last edited:
"Yet wages, income and profits aren’t the total story or legacy of Reaganomics.

"It was also on Reagan’s watch that a massive shift to part time and temp work began, a condition that has continued ever since and has been eating away at the standard of living of tens of millions today, and in turn playing a major role in preventing a sustained economic recovery from the current recession.

"It was under Reagan’s first term alone that involuntary part time work force grew from 3.4 million to 6 million. Over half the jobs added from 1980 to 1983 were involuntary part time.

"That’s 2.7 of the 5.8 million jobs added in that period. Temp jobs also rose fourfold during the Reagan years, to more than 1.5 million.

"It should be noted these jobs paid only 60%-75% of wages of full time workers on average, and benefits of only 10%-20% on average.

"Millions of workers earned less, enabling record corporate profits compared to the 1970s which were paid out in dividends, interest, capital gains, etc., now conveniently reduced significantly by the Reagan ‘supply side’ tax reductions for corporations and the top tax brackets."

Republicans AND Democrats serve those who fund their campaigns. Most of that money comes from the richest 1% of US voters.

Reagan AND Obama served/serve the same Masters.

ZCommunications

Does no one else remember talk about "The mobile workforce for the new millenia"?
It is no benefit temp workers.
I remember "labor mobility" coming into the workplace vernacular during the 80s as well as the 27% decline in real term minimum wage purchasing power during that decade. As well as Reagan's oft-repeated threat to veto any increase to the Federal minimum wage standard.

ZCommunications

Forum List

Back