Why Is Ronald Reagan Still Considered A Conservative Hero?

The claim was that the iPod was FILLED with Obama speeches. There were only 2. It was FILLED with what I said was there, which you only partially listed. You left all this out:

"Oklahoma!"
"If I Loved You," Jan Clayton, "Carousel"
"You'll Never Walk Alone," Jan Clayton, "Carousel"
"There's No Business Like Show Business," Ethel Merman, "Annie Get Your Gun"
"Once in Love with Amy (Where's Charley?)," Ray Bolger
"Some Enchanted Evening," "South Pacific"
"Diamonds Are a Girl's Best Friend," Carol Channing, "Gentlemen Prefer Blondes"
"Getting to Know You," Gertrude Lawrence, "The King and I"
"Shall We Dance?" Gertrude Lawrence, "The King and I"
"I Could Have Danced All Night," Julie Andrews, "My Fair Lady"
"I've Grown Accustomed to Her Face," Rex Harrison, "My Fair Lady"
"The Party's Over (Bells Are Ringing)," Judy Holliday
"Maria," "West Side Story"
"Tonight," "West Side Story"
"Seventy Six Trombones," "The Music Man"
"Everything's Coming up Roses," Ethel Merman, "Gypsy"
"The Sound of Music"
"Try to Remember," Jerry Orbach, "The Fantasticks"
"Camelot," Richard Burton
"If Ever I Would Leave You," Robert Goulet, "Camelot"
"Hello, Dolly!" Carol Channing
"If I Were a Rich Man," Zero Mostel, "Fiddler on the Roof"
"People," Barbra Streisand, "Funny Girl"
"On a Clear Day (You Can See Forever)," John Cullum
"The Impossible Dream," Richard Kiley, "Man of La Mancha"
"Mame," Charles Braswell
"Cabaret," Liza Minnelli
"Aquarius, Ronald Dyson, "Hair'
"Send in the Clowns," Judy Collins, "A Little Night Music"
"All That Jazz," Chita Rivera, "Chicago"
"One," "A Chorus Line"
"Tomorrow," Andrea McArdle, "Annie"
"Don't Cry for Me Argentina," Patti LuPone, "Evita"
"And I Am Telling You I'm Not Going," Jennifer Holliday, "Dreamgirls"
"Memory," Elaine Paige, "Cats"
"The Best of Times," George Hearn, "La Cage Aux Folles"
"I Dreamed a Dream," Aretha Franklin, "Les MisDerables"
"The Music of the Night," Michael Crawford, "The Phantom of the Opera"
"As If We Never Said Goodbye," Elaine Paige, "Sunset Blvd."
"Seasons of Love," "Rent"

And thank you for confirming that the serial numbers do not give away their location as was falsely claimed.

Looks like you cut another RW liar dead in their tracks. Excellent job.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Seems like if NeoCons didn't lie they'd have nothing to say.

*sigh*

You'd have a point dipshit, but since he provided no references, it doesn't really fly does it. It's really just his word against everybody else's. I tend to believe everybody else before I will believe a liberal blogger.

Nice try though.

Total fail.
Hey DIPSHIT!, They came from the very link Trajan provided in the post I replied to!!!!!!! What Does One Get a Queen? - Political Punch
BUT you CON$ believed the same blogger when he said there were 2 Obama speeches on the iPod, which CON$ exaggerated into "FILLED with Obama speeches." I can post other sources that make no mention of any Obama speeches.

What a "major league" :ahole-1:

President Obama gives Queen iPod loaded with videos, Broadway tunes

So what do you get the queen who has everything?
If you're President Obama - and the queen in question is Elizabeth II of England - you get her a generously loaded iPod that includes video footage of her 2007 visit to the U.S. and songs made popular on Broadway.
That's what Obama bestowed on Her Royal Highness Wednesday, along with a rare songbook signed by "The King and I" composer Richard Rodgers, of Rodgers and Hammerstein fame.

Her Majesty's Royal iPod gift was stocked with 40 tunes from popular Broadway productions, including "West Side Story," "My Fair Lady" and "South Pacific."
The playlist also features "Oklahoma!" Carol Channing's rendition of "Diamonds Are a Girl's Best Friend," "Memory" from Cats and "Shall We Dance?" featured in "The King and I."

And the latter is the one who returned Churchill's bust, gave the Queen an ipod filled with his speeches, and then sold out the UK by telling Russia about the location of trident missiles.

A bust of the former prime minister once voted the greatest Briton in history, which was loaned to George W Bush from the Government's art collection after the September 11 attacks, has now been formally handed back.

The bronze by Sir Jacob Epstein, worth hundreds of thousands of pounds if it were ever sold on the open market, enjoyed pride of place in the Oval Office during President Bush's tenure.

But when British officials offered to let Mr Obama to hang onto the bust for a further four years, the White House said: "Thanks, but no thanks.

Barack Obama sends bust of Winston Churchill on its way back to Britain - Telegraph

so, it appears you're wrong.

President and First Lady Obama gave Her Royal Highness Queen Elizabeth II a video iPod with inscription, songs uploaded and accessories, plus a rare musical songbook signed by Richard Rodgers.
Uploaded onto the iPod:

* Photos from the Queen’s 2007 White House State Visit
* Photos from the Queen’s 2007 Jamestown, Va., Visit
* Photos from the Queen’s 2007 Richmond, Va., Visit
* Video from the Queen’s 1957 Jamestown Visit
* Video from the Queen’s 2007 Jamestown Visit
* Video from the Queen’s 2007 Richmond Visit
* Photos from President Obama’s Inauguration
* Audio of then-state senator Obama’s speech at the 2004 Democratic National Convention, and
* Audio of President Obama 2009 Inauguration Address

What Does One Get a Queen? - Political Punch

that is true, the serial numbers won't tell them were they are BUT they can be extrapolated to provide a figure as to how many they have, which has always been closely held secret due to the UK's smaller arsenal.

Duncan Lennox, editor of Jane’s Strategic Weapons Systems, said: “They want to find out whether Britain has more missiles than we say we have, and having the unique identifiers might help them.”

While the US and Russia have long permitted inspections of each other’s nuclear weapons, Britain has sought to maintain some secrecy to compensate for the relatively small size of its arsenal.

William Hague, the Foreign Secretary, last year disclosed that “up to 160” warheads are operational at any one time, but did not confirm the number of missiles.

WikiLeaks cables: US agrees to tell Russia Britain's nuclear secrets - Telegraph

so, it appears you are right on the number but wrong in substance as to the real issue, that we are giving away something that in effect we should not be absent permission.

I'm amazed you 'd make that statement in the face of what I just goggled in 2 minutes.
Rupert Murdoch's Telegraph is even less credible than his Fox Gossip Channel. There are always an unlimited number of Right-wing hate sites parroting the same lies.

Obama Has Made the Oval Office His Own - CBS News

Some Britons took offense when Winston Churchill's bust was replaced with King's. But the decision to return the Churchill bust to the British - it had been presented by former Prime Minister Tony Blair to Bush on loan - had been made before Obama even arrived.

"It was already scheduled to go back," Allman said.

and this solves the issue how, is there an argument really of when? who cares of when? that means little, the debte is why? or why not just keep it? He was offerdd a choice, he chose not too...*shrugs*
I don't see any refutation of the claim that the UK offered to let him keep it and for whatever reason, he said no.....and this tit for tat telegraph vs cbs...I can make the same weak claims, your source sux mine doesn't...

Oh and I did a little simple research, it appears that aside from the personal effects, ala books, ink blotter, tchotchkes, the oval office is not swept clean of decorations, paintings non personal books, furniture etc. until the new occupant does their make over, so if they have a person to attribute this comment too directly that would help but , not solve the crux of the matter.

oh and...some food for thought...from a not right wing friendlily source since you put a lot of faith in that hair splitting I guess;

Churchill expert Steven Hayward of the American Enterprise Institute thinks the average Briton will be unfazed by the bust's return, saying that folks across the pond have always been puzzled by American fondness for Churchill. Richard Langworth of the Churchill Center has offered another unidentified piece of Churchilliana that may pique Obama's interest but has yet to receive a response from the White House. For now, the president will have to content himself with gazing at the holograph copy of the Gettysburg Address in the guest bedroom.
The White House Replaces Churchill Bust - Newsweek

The claim was that the iPod was FILLED with Obama speeches. There were only 2. It was FILLED with what I said was there, which you only partially listed. You left all this out:

"Oklahoma!"
"The Sound of Music"
"Mame," Charles Braswell
"Cabaret," Liza Minnelli
"One," "A Chorus Line"

uhu huh, you too appear to have a reading comprehension issue, *shrugs* READ what I WROTE not what you want to read. If it didn't LIST everything you wanted, well they didn't have to, they said it had songs on it.

my answer was-

President and First Lady Obama gave Her Royal Highness Queen Elizabeth II a video iPod with inscription, songs uploaded and accessories, plus a rare musical songbook signed by Richard Rodgers.
Uploaded onto the iPod:

* Audio of then-state senator Obama’s speech at the 2004 Democratic National Convention, and

so if you have an issue with HOW this was written , as it DID mention songs uploaded, take it up with ABC, who btw way is not, a Murdoch owned enterprise.

And thank you for confirming that the serial numbers do not give away their location as was falsely claimed.

thats not all that I wrote either, but anyway....

*sigh*

*sigh* you know mark, for a guy as abjectly clueless as yourself; you should really be very careful how you throw around the term liar. Getting thrown out of 2 forums for imbecilic trolling and rank stupidity is not something to be proud of. So tread lightly and engage me directly next time, don’t ride coattails.

Last edited:
Instead of privatizing Social Security, he raised taxes

The Greenspan Commission....he signed it into law, and it raised taxes on Social Security.

He negotiated with terrorists, sending -- over and over again -- arms to Iran in exchange for hostages; by contrast Jimmy Carter didn't give an inch to the Iranians.

Reagan gave amnesty to people who are breaking the law and living in the country illegally. He said, "Forget about it. Stay here forever." He cut and ran from Lebanon. How many hundreds of Marines were killed?

Why is Reagan a hero to conservatives?

He's a tax raiser, an amnesty giver, a cut-and-runner, and he negotiated with terrorists.

Why is Ronald a hero to conservatives?

Maybe because he was a pragmatist rather then an idealist.

He knew which battles to fight and which not to. He also loved this country. One thing our current President does not.

I compare his speeches to the prick in the White House today. Ronald Reagan was obviously a man of vision. Nothing he said made me want to kick the shit out of him like the words of Obama do.
He coined the following quotes; "Government is like a baby. An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no responsibility at the other.

Welfare's purpose should be to eliminate, as far as possible, the need for its own existence.

I'm convinced that today the majority of Americans want what those first Americans wanted: A better life for themselves and their children; a minimum of government authority.

If we lose freedom here, there is no place to escape to. This is the last stand on Earth.

There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit.

government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem.

Freedom is a fragile thing and is never more than one generation away from extinction.!"

He believed in smaller government. That's what makes him a conservative. Maybe you can get your mind around that simple fact.

He knew which battles to fight and which not to

Yeah, right. He sure proved that when he cut and run from Lebanon after the terrorists killed more than 200 Marines.:cuckoo:

When it comes to reagan, wingnuts can't point to any accomplishments, so they just endlessly repeat their adjectival slogans (ex "pragmatist", "love the country", "freedom lover")

Only a fucken Liberal would coin the phrase; "American Hating Conservative"

It's like military-intelligence. It's a total misnomer.

It's quite accurate.

Conservatives hate a government by the people and for the people.

Conservatives are about one god, one King and one nation.

I don't think anything this government has done is the will of the people.

If it was they wouldn't have kept their bills and what they contain secret. They wouldn't have had to bribe people with exclusionary language in the bills to get them passed.
"This" government? As opposed to what government?

He knew which battles to fight and which not to

Yeah, right. He sure proved that when he cut and run from Lebanon after the terrorists killed more than 200 Marines.:cuckoo:

When it comes to reagan, wingnuts can't point to any accomplishments, so they just endlessly repeat their adjectival slogans (ex "pragmatist", "love the country", "freedom lover")

Exactly.

Excellent footage.

What INCOMPETANCE!!!

The man is sitting there lying to the American people straight in the face.

He's contradicting himself and spinning himself into a tizzy...just like Beck. "I still believe that I did not trade arms for hostages in my heart of hearts, but the facts show otherwise." No different than "I'm not saying the President is a racist, but I believe, that Barack Obama has a hatred for white people." Same. exact. crap.

Then the buffoon goes on to state that "we weren't keeping proper records, but I assure you we're keeping records now." Yah...I believe THAT tripe!" :rolleyes:

What an incompetent and dishonest Administration if I ever saw one. I don't know which is worse Bush II or Reagan I and I part 2.

WoW!!

*SMH*

It's far worse then that. It's a President admitting to treason and violating the Constitution. He should have been quickly impeached and removed from office. Unfortunately he was an extremely popular President and as usual, Democrats lacked the spine.

Popularity, doesn't make one lick of difference to Republicans...when they got their "impeach hats" on. And that's usually when a Democrat is the sitting President.

And the latter is the one who returned Churchill's bust, gave the Queen an ipod filled with his speeches, and then sold out the UK by telling Russia about the location of trident missiles.

A bust of the former prime minister once voted the greatest Briton in history, which was loaned to George W Bush from the Government's art collection after the September 11 attacks, has now been formally handed back.

The bronze by Sir Jacob Epstein, worth hundreds of thousands of pounds if it were ever sold on the open market, enjoyed pride of place in the Oval Office during President Bush's tenure.

But when British officials offered to let Mr Obama to hang onto the bust for a further four years, the White House said: "Thanks, but no thanks.

Barack Obama sends bust of Winston Churchill on its way back to Britain - Telegraph

Uploaded onto the iPod:

that is true, the serial numbers won't tell them were they are BUT they can be extrapolated to provide a figure as to how many they have, which has always been closely held secret due to the UK's smaller arsenal.

Duncan Lennox, editor of Jane’s Strategic Weapons Systems, said: “They want to find out whether Britain has more missiles than we say we have, and having the unique identifiers might help them.”

While the US and Russia have long permitted inspections of each other’s nuclear weapons, Britain has sought to maintain some secrecy to compensate for the relatively small size of its arsenal.

William Hague, the Foreign Secretary, last year disclosed that “up to 160” warheads are operational at any one time, but did not confirm the number of missiles.

WikiLeaks cables: US agrees to tell Russia Britain's nuclear secrets - Telegraph

so, it appears you are right on the number but wrong in substance as to the real issue, that we are giving away something that in effect we should not be absent permission.

I'm amazed you 'd make that statement in the face of what I just goggled in 2 minutes.
Rupert Murdoch's Telegraph is even less credible than his Fox Gossip Channel. There are always an unlimited number of Right-wing hate sites parroting the same lies.

Obama Has Made the Oval Office His Own - CBS News

Some Britons took offense when Winston Churchill's bust was replaced with King's. But the decision to return the Churchill bust to the British - it had been presented by former Prime Minister Tony Blair to Bush on loan - had been made before Obama even arrived.

"It was already scheduled to go back," Allman said.

"Oklahoma!"
"The Sound of Music"
"Mame," Charles Braswell
"Cabaret," Liza Minnelli
"One," "A Chorus Line"

I thiink you may be misreading Trajans' response. (or maybe it's me) but Trajan did not confirm that. He denied it. He said

and

IOW, Trajan is still clinging to the absurd notion that revealing those serial #'s somehow aided the Russians and the ONLY EVIDENCE he has is that someone from Janes' says it might be true :cuckoo:

I repeat: Trajan, the poster who claims that he doesn't "swallow the propoganda whole" believes that this is actually true simply because a journalist says it might be true :lol::lol:

Wow. You really do show your stupid side quite often, huh? You honestly think the Brits give a shit about how much our POTUS spends? Or how much tax Americans pay? No. They care about Presidents who show some fucking loyalty to their friends. That was Reagan. It sure as hell ain't Obama. I'd put money on him never having a statue dedicated to him in London.... but they do find him funny.... in an 'OMG, we can't believe you elected that idiot' kind of way. And, I agree with them.

We are Great Britains largest trading partner. Of course the brits don't give a shit aboutour economy!! :cuckoo:

Here's a link to a british publication that shows it doesn't give a shit about the US govt spending by posting article after article about US govt spending :lol:

American economy | Economist - World News, Politics, Economics, Business & Finance

Yea, I'm more than aware of the Economist and it's interest in the US economy. :lol:

Fact: The Brits do not give a shit how much tax we pay. They do not give a shit about our debt..... They do give a shit about the 'special relationship' which the current POTUS seems hellbent on destroying.

They are erecting a statue of Reagan in Grosvenor Sq.

Idiot.

Even CG is having trouble keeping track of her lies. She's so befuddled, she thinks she said that Brits aren't interested in US taxes :lol::lol::lol:

She can't remember that her lie was that the brits don't care about US govt SPENDING!!! :lol::lol:

WHen you have diarrhea of the spirit, there's no keeping track of the shit that pours out of your mouth

*sigh*

You'd have a point dipshit, but since he provided no references, it doesn't really fly does it. It's really just his word against everybody else's. I tend to believe everybody else before I will believe a liberal blogger.

Nice try though.

Total fail.
Hey DIPSHIT!, They came from the very link Trajan provided in the post I replied to!!!!!!! What Does One Get a Queen? - Political Punch
BUT you CON$ believed the same blogger when he said there were 2 Obama speeches on the iPod, which CON$ exaggerated into "FILLED with Obama speeches." I can post other sources that make no mention of any Obama speeches.

What a "major league" :ahole-1:

President Obama gives Queen iPod loaded with videos, Broadway tunes

So what do you get the queen who has everything?
If you're President Obama - and the queen in question is Elizabeth II of England - you get her a generously loaded iPod that includes video footage of her 2007 visit to the U.S. and songs made popular on Broadway.
That's what Obama bestowed on Her Royal Highness Wednesday, along with a rare songbook signed by "The King and I" composer Richard Rodgers, of Rodgers and Hammerstein fame.

Her Majesty's Royal iPod gift was stocked with 40 tunes from popular Broadway productions, including "West Side Story," "My Fair Lady" and "South Pacific."
The playlist also features "Oklahoma!" Carol Channing's rendition of "Diamonds Are a Girl's Best Friend," "Memory" from Cats and "Shall We Dance?" featured in "The King and I."

One wingnut lies, and another wingnut swoops in to the defense after the 1st has been proven to be a liar. And then the 2nd wingnut reveals that he didn't even read the link that the 1st wingnut posted!! How funny is that!!

And they're doing it to prove that they don't swallow the propoganda whole :lol::lol::lol::lol:
:lol::lol::lol:

traded weapons for human lives. Oh, the horror of it all.
Didn't go to war with Lebanon. If he had you would say he was a war monger.
There was a mountain that Leb put canons on and threatend to bombard Israel. Reagan had a battle ship bambard the mountain. Next day, Leb paper says no direct hits were scored, the Israeli paper said the mountain was gone.

Remember "The line of Death?" or Libya? The beating they took put them in their holes for 30 years.
Cold War, won it
Berlin wall, gone.
Dow to record highs

etc, etc

But ignore all that and focus on all the bad things that happened. It's called sour grapes, enjoy the whine, b/c I sure am.

Reagan essentially set the blueprint for the modern day financially liberal government. We've had big spenders for quite awhile but he set a new standard.

Racking up spending, racking up national debt, relying on the fed to invent credit and print money and put everything on the credit card are the main things I attribute to the Reagan administration as I am a hardcore financial conservative.

So since him every prez and Congress we've had has done the exact same thing. I repeat it was bad before him fiscally, but the nightmare grew to new heights and we've never returned since the beginning of the Reagan administration.

whos the enemy? they all were, Iran gets arms to kill Iraqis and release hostages, we get money to fund contras...in geo-politics thats called a win win. problem? he got caught. whoops.
Only an America hating CON$ervative would call arming one terrorist group to support another terrorist group a "win win." :cuckoo:

uh huh. and aside from the Iranian army what was the terrorist grp. we were arming?

and dude, don't make personal asides okay, lets keep it adult.

Last edited:

so if you have an issue with HOW this was written , as it DID mention songs uploaded, take it up with ABC, who btw way is not, a Murdoch owned enterprise.
The Telegraph is 47% owned by Murdoch.

whos the enemy? they all were, Iran gets arms to kill Iraqis and release hostages, we get money to fund contras...in geo-politics thats called a win win. problem? he got caught. whoops.
Only an America hating CON$ervative would call arming one terrorist group to support another terrorist group a "win win." :cuckoo:

uh huh. and aside from the Iranian army what was the terrorist grp. we were arming?

The patented CON$ervative Dumb Act when caught with your foot in your mouth. YOU only named two terrorists groups and you acknowledged one of them, but only a CON$ervative can pretend to be too stupid to figure out who the other terrorist group is! :cuckoo:

*sigh* you know mark, for a guy as abjectly clueless as yourself; you should really be very careful how you throw around the term liar. Getting thrown out of 2 forums for imbecilic trolling and rank stupidity is not something to be proud of. So tread lightly and engage me directly next time, don’t ride coattails.

Looks like I have yet another stalker with a mancrush on my hands.

Listen, one man's "trolling" is another man's champion.

Since you seem so informed, please tell the rest of us all you know about me.

Go ahead...man up. We're all waiting.

One wingnut lies, and another wingnut swoops in to the defense after the 1st has been proven to be a liar. And then the 2nd wingnut reveals that he didn't even read the link that the 1st wingnut posted!! How funny is that!!

And they're doing it to prove that they don't swallow the propoganda whole :lol::lol::lol::lol:
:lol::lol::lol:

The irony is lost on them.

It truly is HILARIOUS!

lol

The patented CON$ervative Dumb Act when caught with your foot in your mouth. YOU only named two terrorists groups and you acknowledged one of them, but only a CON$ervative can pretend to be too stupid to figure out who the other terrorist group is! :cuckoo:

That particular conservative argues points in a civil and adult manner. And without insulting you..he called for the same.

It's bad on you to ignore that.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say i'm not generally considered a "conservative". What terrorist group are you referring to?

That particular conservative argues points in a civil and adult manner. And without insulting you..he called for the same.

It's bad on you to ignore that.
Sorry about that, but the dumb act really irritates me. If he doesn't want to admit the Contras were terrorists he should right come out and say it like a man, instead of being cutesy playing dumb.

Forum List

Back