Why Is Ronald Reagan Still Considered A Conservative Hero?

whos the enemy? they all were, Iran gets arms to kill Iraqis and release hostages, we get money to fund contras...in geo-politics thats called a win win. problem? he got caught. whoops.

There's a little document called the UNITED STATES CONSTITUTION that got violated.

Win win..indeed.

uh huh. one would have to have a psychotic interest in blinding oneself to the fact that this goes on all the time, and I can say straight up IF this had been obama I would give him the same kudos....for an imaginative win win deal and the same admonishment, dude, you got caught and , better luck next time.

And the latter is the one who returned Churchill's bust, gave the Queen an ipod filled with his speeches, and then sold out the UK by telling Russia about the location of trident missiles.

A bust of the former prime minister once voted the greatest Briton in history, which was loaned to George W Bush from the Government's art collection after the September 11 attacks, has now been formally handed back.

The bronze by Sir Jacob Epstein, worth hundreds of thousands of pounds if it were ever sold on the open market, enjoyed pride of place in the Oval Office during President Bush's tenure.

But when British officials offered to let Mr Obama to hang onto the bust for a further four years, the White House said: "Thanks, but no thanks.

Barack Obama sends bust of Winston Churchill on its way back to Britain - Telegraph

so, it appears you're wrong.

President and First Lady Obama gave Her Royal Highness Queen Elizabeth II a video iPod with inscription, songs uploaded and accessories, plus a rare musical songbook signed by Richard Rodgers.
Uploaded onto the iPod:

* Photos from the Queen’s 2007 White House State Visit
* Photos from the Queen’s 2007 Jamestown, Va., Visit
* Photos from the Queen’s 2007 Richmond, Va., Visit
* Video from the Queen’s 1957 Jamestown Visit
* Video from the Queen’s 2007 Jamestown Visit
* Video from the Queen’s 2007 Richmond Visit
* Photos from President Obama’s Inauguration
* Audio of then-state senator Obama’s speech at the 2004 Democratic National Convention, and
* Audio of President Obama 2009 Inauguration Address

What Does One Get a Queen? - Political Punch

so, it appears you're wrong.

that is true, the serial numbers won't tell them were they are BUT they can be extrapolated to provide a figure as to how many they have, which has always been closely held secret due to the UK's smaller arsenal.

Duncan Lennox, editor of Jane’s Strategic Weapons Systems, said: “They want to find out whether Britain has more missiles than we say we have, and having the unique identifiers might help them.”

While the US and Russia have long permitted inspections of each other’s nuclear weapons, Britain has sought to maintain some secrecy to compensate for the relatively small size of its arsenal.

William Hague, the Foreign Secretary, last year disclosed that “up to 160” warheads are operational at any one time, but did not confirm the number of missiles.

WikiLeaks cables: US agrees to tell Russia Britain's nuclear secrets - Telegraph

so, it appears you are right on the number but wrong in substance as to the real issue, that we are giving away something that in effect we should not be absent permission.

I'm amazed that no matter how many times GOP hate media is exposed for its lies, CON$ are STILL gullible enough to swallow all the propaganda whole. :cuckoo:
I'm amazed you 'd make that statement in the face of what I just goggled in 2 minutes.
Rupert Murdoch's Telegraph is even less credible than his Fox Gossip Channel. There are always an unlimited number of Right-wing hate sites parroting the same lies.

Obama Has Made the Oval Office His Own - CBS News

Some Britons took offense when Winston Churchill's bust was replaced with King's. But the decision to return the Churchill bust to the British - it had been presented by former Prime Minister Tony Blair to Bush on loan - had been made before Obama even arrived.

"It was already scheduled to go back," Allman said.

The claim was that the iPod was FILLED with Obama speeches. There were only 2. It was FILLED with what I said was there, which you only partially listed. You left all this out:

"Oklahoma!"
"If I Loved You," Jan Clayton, "Carousel"
"You'll Never Walk Alone," Jan Clayton, "Carousel"
"There's No Business Like Show Business," Ethel Merman, "Annie Get Your Gun"
"Once in Love with Amy (Where's Charley?)," Ray Bolger
"Some Enchanted Evening," "South Pacific"
"Diamonds Are a Girl's Best Friend," Carol Channing, "Gentlemen Prefer Blondes"
"Getting to Know You," Gertrude Lawrence, "The King and I"
"Shall We Dance?" Gertrude Lawrence, "The King and I"
"I Could Have Danced All Night," Julie Andrews, "My Fair Lady"
"I've Grown Accustomed to Her Face," Rex Harrison, "My Fair Lady"
"The Party's Over (Bells Are Ringing)," Judy Holliday
"Maria," "West Side Story"
"Tonight," "West Side Story"
"Seventy Six Trombones," "The Music Man"
"Everything's Coming up Roses," Ethel Merman, "Gypsy"
"The Sound of Music"
"Try to Remember," Jerry Orbach, "The Fantasticks"
"Camelot," Richard Burton
"If Ever I Would Leave You," Robert Goulet, "Camelot"
"Hello, Dolly!" Carol Channing
"If I Were a Rich Man," Zero Mostel, "Fiddler on the Roof"
"People," Barbra Streisand, "Funny Girl"
"On a Clear Day (You Can See Forever)," John Cullum
"The Impossible Dream," Richard Kiley, "Man of La Mancha"
"Mame," Charles Braswell
"Cabaret," Liza Minnelli
"Aquarius, Ronald Dyson, "Hair'
"Send in the Clowns," Judy Collins, "A Little Night Music"
"All That Jazz," Chita Rivera, "Chicago"
"One," "A Chorus Line"
"Tomorrow," Andrea McArdle, "Annie"
"Don't Cry for Me Argentina," Patti LuPone, "Evita"
"And I Am Telling You I'm Not Going," Jennifer Holliday, "Dreamgirls"
"Memory," Elaine Paige, "Cats"
"The Best of Times," George Hearn, "La Cage Aux Folles"
"I Dreamed a Dream," Aretha Franklin, "Les MisDerables"
"The Music of the Night," Michael Crawford, "The Phantom of the Opera"
"As If We Never Said Goodbye," Elaine Paige, "Sunset Blvd."
"Seasons of Love," "Rent"

And thank you for confirming that the serial numbers do not give away their location as was falsely claimed.

whos the enemy? they all were, Iran gets arms to kill Iraqis and release hostages, we get money to fund contras...in geo-politics thats called a win win. problem? he got caught. whoops.
Only an America hating CON$ervative would call arming one terrorist group to support another terrorist group a "win win." :cuckoo:

Only an America hating CON$ervative would call arming one terrorist group to support another terrorist group a "win win." :cuckoo:

Only a fucken Liberal would coin the phrase; "American Hating Conservative"

It's like military-intelligence. It's a total misnomer.

Who's the enemy in the pick-up?

"The turning point for me came while in Nicaragua in the mid-80's.

"I was traveling with a group of activist from Witness for Peace to the northern area of the country to see firsthand the ravages of Ronald Reagan's proxy war on the civilian population.

"As fate would have it, thirty or more civilians, riding in the back of a pick up truck, a common means of transportation in that impoverished and war-torn region, were killed when their when their vehicle hit a land mine.

"Our group had to take the same mountain road the following day. I was still a reserve combat engineer captain and I took on the task of preparing the group for the trip, even riding on the top of the truck trying to spot mines, nervous as hell every time we hit a pot hole.

"When we got to the site of the tragedy we were met by a New York Times reporter who asked if I could ID the land mine.

"From the fragments, it had all the markings of a US-made anti-tank mine.

"The Nicaraguan Army didn't have any tanks.

"When we got back to Managua, we visited the U.S. Embassy where, to no surprise, we got no answers as to why the U.S. would aid in the killing of civilians. Instead, we were met by a marine sergeant with a riot gun who demanded that we leave the building."

Is the profit margin on that mine part of win-win or whoops?

The Trap

There's a little document called the UNITED STATES CONSTITUTION that got violated.

Win win..indeed.

uh huh. one would have to have a psychotic interest in blinding oneself to the fact that this goes on all the time, and I can say straight up IF this had been obama I would give him the same kudos....for an imaginative win win deal and the same admonishment, dude, you got caught and , better luck next time.

No it doesn't and not like this.

Reagan was unique in his villiany.

It's quite accurate.

Conservatives hate a government by the people and for the people.

Conservatives are about one god, one King and one nation.

Interesting that you can't deny that the Contras were terrorists so you attack me instead.
Thank you.

Reagan violated the Constitution via Iran/Contra and showed utter contempt for it. He was also a traitor to the nation by offering aid and comfort to an enemy.

It's no wonder that conservatives, many of whom harbor a secret admiration for Benedict Arnold, revere Reagan so much.

I call shenanigans. Please provide proof that Reagan gave aid and comfort to the enemy.
This just never gets old..and get better with each repetition.

You just got owned...:lol:

Excellent footage.

What INCOMPETANCE!!!

The man is sitting there lying to the American people straight in the face.

He's contradicting himself and spinning himself into a tizzy...just like Beck. "I still believe that I did not trade arms for hostages in my heart of hearts, but the facts show otherwise." No different than "I'm not saying the President is a racist, but I believe, that Barack Obama has a hatred for white people." Same. exact. crap.

Then the buffoon goes on to state that "we weren't keeping proper records, but I assure you we're keeping records now." Yah...I believe THAT tripe!" :rolleyes:

What an incompetent and dishonest Administration if I ever saw one. I don't know which is worse Bush II or Reagan I and I part 2.

WoW!!

*SMH*

Last edited by a moderator:

Don't be so ignorant.

The NeoCon was clearly defending the indefensible...and here you are defending that.

It never ends with you types...does it?

The claim was that the iPod was FILLED with Obama speeches. There were only 2. It was FILLED with what I said was there, which you only partially listed. You left all this out:

"Oklahoma!"
"The Sound of Music"
"Mame," Charles Braswell
"Cabaret," Liza Minnelli
"One," "A Chorus Line"

And thank you for confirming that the serial numbers do not give away their location as was falsely claimed.

Looks like you cut another RW liar dead in their tracks. Excellent job.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Seems like if NeoCons didn't lie they'd have nothing to say.

*sigh*

Maybe because he was a pragmatist rather then an idealist.

In the 2 videos posted previously you can see Reagan HIMSELF stating the fact that he's known and criticized for AND ADMITS to being too optimistic.

Pragmatist my big toe.

The rest of that claptrap you called a response is just BS rhetoric. Moreover it didn't address nor answer any of the points in my OP.

I'm sorry to be so blunt, but its called for in this instance.

Last edited:
Beat Russia
Brought down the Berlin wall
Got the hostages back (dirty deeds done to save lives)
Took the Dow, that had never seen 400 to well over 2100
got the unions to help re-elect him

He won in such a large landslide that liberals had to vote for him. Maybe you could ask them why.

I know why.

Compare the Reagan:

"Mr Gobachev tear down this wall."

with

Obama (from his America Doesn't Appreciate Europe Speech):

“Instead of celebrating your dynamic union and seeking to partner with you to meet common challenges, there have been times where America has shown arrogance and been dismissive, even derisive.”

And the latter is the one who returned Churchill's bust, gave the Queen an ipod filled with his speeches, and then sold out the UK by telling Russia about the location of trident missiles.

I will never understand how a Pres could go abroad and speak poorly of his country.

Has any Leader of any country ever done that in history?

Daring to write a negative post about Ronald Reagan is like playing Russian roulette. It can be dangerous to one's health. Republicans tend to regard the man as some sort of demi-god.

Nonetheless, this is a post I have wanted to try to write for a long time because I believe that Reagan is directly responsible for destroying the Middle Class of America, and I am not the only one who thinks so. A number of political analysts have written on this very subject.

James Joiner on allvoices.com calls him "the destroyer of main street" and "the father of this nightmare we are living.

He goes on to state of the Republicans: "They call themselves the party of Ronald Reagan! That scares the hell out of me because Reagan was the Father of the war mongering high Deficit compassionate Conservatives that gave Birth to much war present and future unless Obama can turn around the disaster they created around the world with their war mongering!" (The truth about the Ronald Reagan who destroyed America and main Street and a Ronald Reagan (Jr.) I agree with!).

Pablo Mayhew, a columnist on rawstory.com goes so far as to refer to Reagan as a criminal no better than his Republican predecessor, Richard Nixon. He relates Reagan's role in the Iran-Contra affair in which Reagan pled "forgetfulness" when pressed about it.

Mayhew concludes with these words: " as one great writer has contended, that Richard Nixon broke the heart of the American Dream, then Reagan broke its back Now.... the American Dream is clearly down for the count." (The Raw Story | Pablo Mayhew | How Ronald Reagan destroyed the American Dream)

And listen to what Thom Hartmann, prominent television and radio talk show host and commentator, had to say about the devastation today on our economy that was the direct result, he reports, of Reaganomics when he appeared as a guest on Dateline just prior to Obama taking office.

"when Reagan came into office we were the largest exporter of manufacturing goods and the largest importer of raw materials on the planet. And, the largest creditor--more people owed us money than anybody else in the world. Now, just 28 years later, we're the largest importer of finished goods, manufactured goods; the largest exporter of raw materials--which is kind of the definition of a third-world nation -- and we're the most in-debt of any country in the world. This is the absolute consequence of Reaganomics." (Thom Hartmann: Thom Hartmann Defends the Auto Workers on Countdown)

These graphs bear out exactly what all these people have been saying about Reagan being directly responsible for destroying America and the Middle Class. In looking at these pay particulular attention to 1981, the year Reagan took office.

Obviously, George H. Bush, Clinton, and Gorge W could have reversed this trend; instead, they, for the most part became keepers and harbingers of it.

4700723674_f1171437b0.jpg

Working people's share of the benefits from increased productivity took a sudden turn down:

4700012209_18276d0c46.jpg

This resulted in intense concentration of wealth at the top:

4700060215_0477b289de.jpg

And forced working people to spend down savings to get by:

4700643546_80a3d84fef.jpg

Which forced working people to go into debt: (total household debt aspercentage of GDP)

4700668450_970ffe0d65.jpg

"Conservative policies transformed the United States from the largest creditor nation to the largest debtor nation in just a few years, and it has only gotten worse since then: " So avows the author who researched the subject and collected the graphs.

(Reagan Revolution Home To Roost -- In Charts | OurFuture.org)

You can find all kinds of books and articles praising Reagan, but what I have presented are the cold, hard facts about what the man did to our economy with his Reaganomics. For those who would like to read more on this subject, go to:

Reagan Revolution Home To Roost: America Drowning In Debt
Reagan Revolution Home To Roost: America IsCrumbling
Finance, Mine, Oil & Debt Disasters: THIS Is Deregulation

The Brits love the big spending, high taxing, big govt types who negotiate with terrorists.

Wow. You really do show your stupid side quite often, huh? You honestly think the Brits give a shit about how much our POTUS spends? Or how much tax Americans pay? No. They care about Presidents who show some fucking loyalty to their friends. That was Reagan. It sure as hell ain't Obama. I'd put money on him never having a statue dedicated to him in London.... but they do find him funny.... in an 'OMG, we can't believe you elected that idiot' kind of way. And, I agree with them.

We are Great Britains largest trading partner. Of course the brits don't give a shit aboutour economy!! :cuckoo:

Here's a link to a british publication that shows it doesn't give a shit about the US govt spending by posting article after article about US govt spending :lol:

American economy | Economist - World News, Politics, Economics, Business & Finance

Yea, I'm more than aware of the Economist and it's interest in the US economy. :lol:

Fact: The Brits do not give a shit how much tax we pay. They do not give a shit about our debt..... They do give a shit about the 'special relationship' which the current POTUS seems hellbent on destroying.

They are erecting a statue of Reagan in Grosvenor Sq.

Idiot.

Wow. You really do show your stupid side quite often, huh? You honestly think the Brits give a shit about how much our POTUS spends? Or how much tax Americans pay? No. They care about Presidents who show some fucking loyalty to their friends. That was Reagan. It sure as hell ain't Obama. I'd put money on him never having a statue dedicated to him in London.... but they do find him funny.... in an 'OMG, we can't believe you elected that idiot' kind of way. And, I agree with them.

We are Great Britains largest trading partner. Of course the brits don't give a shit aboutour economy!! :cuckoo:

Here's a link to a british publication that shows it doesn't give a shit about the US govt spending by posting article after article about US govt spending :lol:

American economy | Economist - World News, Politics, Economics, Business & Finance

Yea, I'm more than aware of the Economist and it's interest in the US economy. :lol:

Fact: The Brits do not give a shit how much tax we pay. They do not give a shit about our debt..... They do give a shit about the 'special relationship' which the current POTUS seems hellbent on destroying.

They are erecting a statue of Reagan in Grosvenor Sq.

Idiot.

Glad they are. It's fitting. He and Margret Thatcher very close friends.

It's quite accurate.

Conservatives hate a government by the people and for the people.

Conservatives are about one god, one King and one nation.

I don't think anything this government has done is the will of the people.

If it was they wouldn't have kept their bills and what they contain secret. They wouldn't have had to bribe people with exclusionary language in the bills to get them passed.

Snooki Palin needs to shut-the-fuck-UP (regarding what Reagan would say/do)....or, get a more-appropriate gig....like, as a fact-checker for Annie "Bones" Coulter.​

February 6, 2011

"The filmmaker Eugene Jarecki was a teenager in Upstate New York when Ronald Reagan was president in the 1980s. Looking back on those years, Jarecki says, it's clear that "already there was a caricature" of the 40th president, "and for a young person that caricature was largely negative."

"There are so many lies told to us today about who Ronald Reagan was and what he did, that, to a large extent, my discovery was the real Reagan," Jarecki said. "The real Reagan gives the lie to what virtually everyone says about him today."

For example, Reagan is often invoked by those advocating stringent immigration policies. "Correction," Jarecki said sharply. "Ronald Reagan was in favor of amnesty for illegal immigrants, [and] he signed a bill to give amnesty to 2.6 million illegal immigrants in the United States."

The very name Ronald Reagan has become a favorite shibboleth for anti-tax activists. "Correction," said Jarecki. "Reagan raised taxes six of the eight years he was in office. Why? Because he was a pragmatist."

From abortion-rights legislation he signed as governor of California to his support of nuclear non-proliferation and his practice of deficit spending, Reagan-the-man refuses to conform to Reagan-the-myth, a figure Jarecki maintains has been created by political opportunists to brand policies and agendas Reagan himself would likely oppose.

Sarah Palin. Grover Norquist. Barack Obama. As seen in "Reagan," each of them, among many others, has sought to co-opt Reagan's patina as a glib shorthand for . . . what, exactly, isn't always clear.

"It's like saying, 'What would Jesus do?' " the director said. "What would Reagan do? And then they sell us whatever they want to sell us, counting on the fact that we won't take the time to go research what Reagan really felt about that."

The "real Reagan," as Jarecki's film portrays him, was a fascinatingly contradictory figure, a child of the Depression and Franklin Roosevelt's New Deal who came to oppose the very policies that saved his family. A one-time liberal Democrat and actors-union leader, he would find his political voice delivering a potent speech on behalf of Barry Goldwater in 1964, when he first came to the attention of conservative Republican kingmakers.

Genial and ever-smiling, he was also remote and unsettlingly disengaged, according to his son Ron, who is interviewed extensively in "Reagan." Deeply affected by individuals he met face-to-face, he could just as often turn a blind eye to human suffering, Jarecki suggests. Thus the president who quietly held the first "gay sleepover at the White House," according to Jarecki, seemed tone-deaf to the AIDS crisis that began to engulf the country during his administration.

"Can't we all understand that an actor who plays a role that brings the actor great success might over time grow to struggle with that gray area between who they really are and who their character is?" Jarecki mused. "Could he have become an instrument of that cutthroat corporate agenda and come to act as its figurehead and gradually lose his own moorings, to some extent?

"It would be absolutely ludicrous to pretend that this very bright, deeply driven man is anyone's tool," the filmmaker continued. "And yet he allowed himself out of his own will to be an instrument for those who needed an instrument just like him. So there's a combination of factors there."

.....As if the evisceration of The Reagan Myth needs any help from Obama...... :rolleyes:

"Oklahoma!"
"The Sound of Music"
"Mame," Charles Braswell
"Cabaret," Liza Minnelli
"One," "A Chorus Line"

Looks like you cut another RW liar dead in their tracks. Excellent job.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Seems like if NeoCons didn't lie they'd have nothing to say.

*sigh*

You'd have a point dipshit, but since he provided no references, it doesn't really fly does it. It's really just his word against everybody else's. I tend to believe everybody else before I will believe a liberal blogger.

Nice try though.

Total fail.

Forum List

Back