Why is prostitution illegal?

That made perfect sense. As the vast majority of crime is committed by poor people (particularly the violent type) and the number of people killed by the death penalty is basically a statistical anomaly - a whopping 24 this year - you are unlikely to see a rich person under the death penalty.
How could it possibly make sense? He said I could "...count the number of poor people put to death..." on my fingers. Well, I only have 10 fingers. You said there was 24 this year. So apparently, I cannot count the number of poor people put to death on my fingers.

Poor people are put to death because there are systemic problems in the administration of death penalty cases. No rich person has ever been put to death, because they can afford good lawyers. Look at John Dupont. He murdered someone in cold blood. He didn't get the death penalty. But he could afford good lawyers. Look at OJ. That trial wasn't an issue of race, it was an issue of class.
OJ was a case of class - ill give you that however the rest of your statement is hogwash in general. You point out a single murder - there are THOUSANDS of cold blooded murders and almost none of them are given the death penalty.

You state a rich person has never been put to death - I don't actually know if that is factual. It may or may not be the case. The problems with class and the justice system are with the justice system itself not so much the death penalty.

Those are problems that need to be addressed, that is true, but removing or keeping the death penalty has nothing to do with the solution.

That made perfect sense. As the vast majority of crime is committed by poor people (particularly the violent type) and the number of people killed by the death penalty is basically a statistical anomaly - a whopping 24 this year - you are unlikely to see a rich person under the death penalty.
How could it possibly make sense? He said I could "...count the number of poor people put to death..." on my fingers. Well, I only have 10 fingers. You said there was 24 this year. So apparently, I cannot count the number of poor people put to death on my fingers.

Poor people are put to death because there are systemic problems in the administration of death penalty cases. No rich person has ever been put to death, because they can afford good lawyers. Look at John Dupont. He murdered someone in cold blood. He didn't get the death penalty. But he could afford good lawyers. Look at OJ. That trial wasn't an issue of race, it was an issue of class.

99% of the people convicted of murder never face the death penalty, so what are the odds that a rich person would ever face the death penalty when they are 1% of the population?

Face it, you're a dumbass who can't do simple math.

Since the death penalty was reinstated in Pennsylvania in 1976, three people have been executed. Why would you possibly draw a conclusion that it's lawyers who got him off? This is as idiotic, poorly thought through and pointless as the rest of your shallow posts

Since the death penalty was reinstated in Pennsylvania in 1976, three people have been executed. Why would you possibly draw a conclusion that it's lawyers who got him off? This is as idiotic, poorly thought through and pointless as the rest of your shallow posts

I think the last person Florida executed was a serial killer.

The one essential fact about the death penalty in America today is that it's hardly ever applied.

OJ was a case of class - ill give you that however the rest of your statement is hogwash in general. You point out a single murder - there are THOUSANDS of cold blooded murders and almost none of them are given the death penalty.

You state a rich person has never been put to death - I don't actually know if that is factual. It may or may not be the case. The problems with class and the justice system are with the justice system itself not so much the death penalty.

Those are problems that need to be addressed, that is true, but removing or keeping the death penalty has nothing to do with the solution.
By saying the death penalty is a deterrent, you're saying murder is a rational act.

99% of the people convicted of murder never face the death penalty, so what are the odds that a rich person would ever face the death penalty when they are 1% of the population?

Face it, you're a dumbass who can't do simple math.
And you're a pussy who can't provide a link to back up his bullshit.

WTF are you talking about?

You said 3 people were put to death and I concluded lawyers got him off?

Prostitution is not theft or robbery, it is services paid for, like any other business. Why is it illegal then?

Also, with increased poverty, prostitution may help some economically.

If prostitution was legal, it could be regulated, pimps held at bay, and the exchange would be safer, even worthy of insurance policies.

So, why is this traditional industry still outlawed?

It may be because it is like the cash tips waitresses and waiters get. it is not reported to the IRS. Just a guess

You said 3 people were put to death and I concluded lawyers got him off?

:wtf:

No long term memory? That's a common affliction with liberals. Just re-read our discussion where I responded to you saying lawyers get rich people off.

It's impossible to have a rational discussion with liberals, you can't follow a discussion no matter how simple

By saying the death penalty is a deterrent, you're saying murder is a rational act.
Where did I say that it was a deterrent.

I think the last person Florida executed was a serial killer.

The one essential fact about the death penalty in America today is that it's hardly ever applied.
Well, that can't be true, because this website is still up.
And you say others statements do not make any sense.

What in the heck does this website have to do with the death penalty...

:wtf:

No long term memory? That's a common affliction with liberals. Just re-read our discussion where I responded to you saying lawyers get rich people off.

It's impossible to have a rational discussion with liberals, you can't follow a discussion no matter how simple
And what does that have to do with the 3 people put to death, in your disjointed mind?

Wrong, moron. The death penalty isn't murder. By definition, "murder" is an unjustified killing. The death penalty is justified.

Forum List

Back