Why is prostitution illegal?

Prostitution is not theft or robbery, it is services paid for, like any other business. Why is it illegal then?

Also, with increased poverty, prostitution may help some economically.

If prostitution was legal, it could be regulated, pimps held at bay, and the exchange would be safer, even worthy of insurance policies.

So, why is this traditional industry still outlawed?
George Carlin asked that question!

"Why is prostitution illegal?
Selling is legal and fucking is legal.
So why is selling fucking illegal?
Why is it illegal to sell something, that's perfectly legal to give away?"

Prostitution is not theft or robbery, it is services paid for, like any other business. Why is it illegal then?

If prostitution was legal, it could be regulated, pimps held at bay, and the exchange would be safer, even worthy of insurance policies.

G Carlin is an idiot. This is the guy that spent years saying Golf was the most inherently racists game to ever exist... and then Tiger Woods came on.

Try not to get your ques from total morons.

Again, it's a matter of having good family values. Number one predictor of living a successful life, is an intact family. Prostitution ruins that. There's a reason brothels have a long history of crime, drugs and violence.

G Carlin is an idiot. This is the guy that spent years saying Golf was the most inherently racists game to ever exist... and then Tiger Woods came on.

Again, it's a matter of having good family values. Number one predictor of living a successful life, is an intact family. Prostitution ruins that. There's a reason brothels have a long history of crime, drugs and violence.
was it a coincidence or a conspiracy, just to try to prove him wrong?

The idea that you think you know better than her what she can and cannot do with it is the height of arrogance.

Perhaps instead of accusing me of arrogance, you should read what I said to bripat earlier.

"I'm suggesting there other way(s) (plural) of life more suitable than that. I'm not limiting them to a singular way of life. Do I care if they become prostitutes? Not really. That's something I can't control. I just oppose legal prostitution because I am of the belief (like my grandmother) that this is unbecoming and undermines the integrity of the woman. She's not a Barbie doll.

And I will admit it's partially because of my religious upbringing."

I am not a king, and I don't issue decrees.

It's just as irrational the second time you said it. It's pure emotion, not logic.

God made golf so white guys could dress like pimps.

BTW, what year was it when Augusta finally allowed women members?

People who claimed to have "family values", started these bullshit wars we've been fighting for the last 10 years. People with family values, actually tried to change the definition of "torture", so they wouldn't get prosecuted later. People with family values, are in favor of the death penalty.

Most of the people I've seen promoting family values, are the biggest hypocrites on the planet.

People who claimed to have "family values", started these bullshit wars we've been fighting for the last 10 years. People with family values, actually tried to change the definition of "torture", so they wouldn't get prosecuted later. People with family values, are in favor of the death penalty.

Most of the people I've seen promoting family values, are the biggest hypocrites on the planet.

So if someone murdered your entire family, you wouldn't want them to get the death penalty?

So if someone murdered your entire family, you wouldn't want them to get the death penalty?
Life in prison, without the possibility of parole, is as far as I go.

Murdering the murderer, does not solve the problem of murder.

It's sad that you place so little value on the lives of your family.

Murder is killing when it isn't justified. If you kill someone in self-defense, you haven't committed murder. If soldiers kill the enemy in battle, they haven't committed murder.

Your theory that all killing is murder is obvious horseshit.

It's sad that you place so little value on the lives of your family.

Murder is killing when it isn't justified. If you kill someone in self-defense, you haven't committed murder. If soldiers kill the enemy in battle, they haven't committed murder.

Your theory that all killing is murder is obvious horseshit.
Killing someone in self defense is much different than putting someone to death.
It's the difference between self preservation and vengeance. Killing someone because you have to is one thing, choosing to kill them, is murder.

The death penalty in this country is a flawed system. Name me one rich person who was ever put to death? John Dupont? No. Go ahead, name one. Just one.

I oppose the death penalty, but what does "family values" have to do with it? Your family is less secure at home if a criminal is dead rather than in prison or worse yet on the street? Pass the potatoes dear, they are so much better because we aren't executing murderers...

Liberals, the path through your so called brains of information is just bizarre.

I oppose the death penalty, but what does "family values" have to do with it? Your family is less secure at home if a criminal is dead rather than in prison or worse yet on the street? Pass the potatoes dear, they are so much better because we aren't executing murderers...

Liberals, the path through your so called brains of information is just bizarre.
The death penalty does not reduce the crime of murder.

You don't think people with family values commit murder?

The death penalty does not reduce the crime of murder.

You don't think people with family values commit murder?

:wtf:

Um ... what?

Read the news other than the right wing blogs.
News is, it is already happening to women and not because of the sex industry, only.

If you want to make women vulnerable to abuse and rape then legalize prostitution. If you want to devalue and demean women, if you want to encourage sick bastards to purchase women's bodies then legalize prostitution. If instead you want to demonstrate to women that they are respected and equal in our society then prostitution would be unthinkable.

Forum List

Back