why is Obama holding America hostage just so he can browbeat the rich?

Pathetic.....

the better question is why is the right holding the country hostage in order to protect 1% of the population from going back to the tax rate they did just fine with prior to baby bush's presidency?

The gop is defending EVERY group of taxpayers while Obama targets one for delusional reasons. Even if Obama wins the revenue brought in will be so small when its squandered no one will even notice. Except of course those that were forced to supply that money.

Pathetic.....

the better question is why is the right holding the country hostage in order to protect 1% of the population from going back to the tax rate they did just fine with prior to baby bush's presidency?

Because you being a bigot who believes attacking a minority is right, despite not having a single answer as to why you want to tax them more. So stopping you is the right thing to do. You are the kind of person that would have gone after the jews, blacks and anyone else based on “fairness” if you thought it made your life better and theirs worse.
if the right agrees to simply let capital gains be treated a regular income, i believe that those on the left should agree to extend the current rates of income for all. this biggest problem with the Bush tax cuts is that it make capitals gains be treated as special income. this is how the wealthy got more wealthy during the Bush years. now if you wanted to write an exception into the code that says the first $10,000 is tax free (or something similar) then do be it, but as everyone already knows the average middle class family gets their income from working a job, not from investing.

Pathetic.....

The gop is defending EVERY group of taxpayers while Obama targets one for delusional reasons. Even if Obama wins the revenue brought in will be so small when its squandered no one will even notice. Except of course those that were forced to supply that money.
what you fail to accept is that due to mandatory spending, the money is already spent.

Because you being a bigot who believes attacking a minority is right, despite not having a single answer as to why you want to tax them more. So stopping you is the right thing to do. You are the kind of person that would have gone after the jews, blacks and anyone else based on “fairness” if you thought it made your life better and theirs worse.
if the right agrees to simply let capital gains be treated a regular income, i believe that those on the left should agree to extend the current rates of income for all. this biggest problem with the Bush tax cuts is that it make capitals gains be treated as special income. this is how the wealthy got more wealthy during the Bush years. now if you wanted to write an exception into the code that says the first $10,000 is tax free (or something similar) then do be it, but as everyone already knows the average middle class family gets their income from working a job, not from investing.

Na.. We need a fair tax. We should all be taxed the same. Deduction, subsidies, tax credits, tax cuts for groups is nothing but corruption. Politicians buy the rich through loop holes, politicians buy the middles class through deductions and politicians buy the poor through welfare and zero taxes.

The issue is we are shifting to a country that spends far more than during the 90's, on military and welfare. The reason many here and Obama himself claim we need to raise taxes is to pay for the deficit, and their "fair share." The "fair share" is of course their fair share of the deficit.

However when asked to provide an approximate number on new revenues on this proposed tax increase most flat out ignore the question. The real answer is it would create very very very little amounts in new revenue. So little that you are still left with well over 1 trillion in annual deficit spending. even a 10 to 1, cuts vs taxes by dollars would not get the annual deficit under 1 trillion. Literally 100 to 1 on cuts VS taxes increases would be in the realm of closing the annual deficit gap. And you would still need a few hundred billion to get there. This is all based of course on IF ALL the “new revenues” are spend 100% only on bringing down the deficit. Hell, Dems are busy starting news wars and raising military spending to record highs, so what are the odds they would use the revenues to pay down a growing deficit.

The conversation is based on either ignorance by many on "the left" (and Obama,) or pure bigotry by those (and Obama) that want to scapegoat "the rich" much like Hitler did to the jews. Taxing more actually does not even kinda sorta fix the problem and "the rich" are paying far more federal taxes (by %) than the poor and in many cases the middle class.

Now all the “taxes for the rich only!!!!!!” people will see is "HITLER!!!" despite it being identically the same and true.

Okay that does nothing to answer the question so I'll ask another one, how does raising the marginal rate on income above 250,000 by 3% scapegoat anyone on any level much less to the level that the Nazi scapegoated the European Jews for the horrible depression Germany experienced in the post WWI?

Again, I’ll ask. What is the point of raising taxes? If it’s to balance the deficit then I ask how much revenue will it bring in and how much will be spend on the deficit alone? If it’s for “fairness” what is “fairness” based upon? Is fairness based on paying down the deficit or making the rich pay more money for no other reason than you “feel” they should. If the reason is because you “feel the rich should pay more” and not to pay down the deficit, then why do you allow around half the country to pay no taxes and many of whom to remain on a near permeate form of welfare.

What you seem to avoid is the question of why raise taxes… You shift the conversation to “how does it matter to the rich, they can afford.”

So yes, it’s very much as Hitler used the Jews. I didn’t talk about killing anyone, I talked about using a smaller group as a scapegoat as to why the economy sucks, why life is so poor for everyone else, just as you are doing. You don’t even seem clear as to why the rich need 3% more taxes. Hell, if Obama said 10% more on taxes would you even blink? If you would blink, why?

This conversation is fake because it's based on the false idea that you want to balance the deficit through a raising of taxes. You know as well as I do that even a 50% more taxes on the rich wouldn't balance the budget... Do you support a 50% raise in taxes on the rich?

It really was a couple of very simple questions. How does increasing the marginal tax rate by 3% equate to brow beating or in your case, rise to the level of the Nazis scapegoating the European Jews during Hitlers reign in Germany? The OP made the point, I questioned it.

Ive been wondering the same thing. Why does he care more about punishing the rich than he does about benefiting everyone else?

Okay that does nothing to answer the question so I'll ask another one, how does raising the marginal rate on income above 250,000 by 3% scapegoat anyone on any level much less to the level that the Nazi scapegoated the European Jews for the horrible depression Germany experienced in the post WWI?

Again, I’ll ask. What is the point of raising taxes? If it’s to balance the deficit then I ask how much revenue will it bring in and how much will be spend on the deficit alone? If it’s for “fairness” what is “fairness” based upon? Is fairness based on paying down the deficit or making the rich pay more money for no other reason than you “feel” they should. If the reason is because you “feel the rich should pay more” and not to pay down the deficit, then why do you allow around half the country to pay no taxes and many of whom to remain on a near permeate form of welfare.

What you seem to avoid is the question of why raise taxes… You shift the conversation to “how does it matter to the rich, they can afford.”

So yes, it’s very much as Hitler used the Jews. I didn’t talk about killing anyone, I talked about using a smaller group as a scapegoat as to why the economy sucks, why life is so poor for everyone else, just as you are doing. You don’t even seem clear as to why the rich need 3% more taxes. Hell, if Obama said 10% more on taxes would you even blink? If you would blink, why?

This conversation is fake because it's based on the false idea that you want to balance the deficit through a raising of taxes. You know as well as I do that even a 50% more taxes on the rich wouldn't balance the budget... Do you support a 50% raise in taxes on the rich?

It really was a couple of very simple questions. How does increasing the marginal tax rate by 3% equate to brow beating or in your case, rise to the level of the Nazis scapegoating the European Jews during Hitlers reign in Germany? The OP made the point, I questioned it.

Becuase you bigoted fuck, it starst somewhere. You are R-tarded if you think the day Hitler was elected the holiscost was done and over with. A scapegoat starts, it has a begining. In America you people use a small group, a minority... You then wipe the humanity off of them and call them the "1%." Next you blame that 1% for almost all the problems with the country. Then you attack anyone that calls you out on your bullshit.

Will taxing the 1%, the rich, these PEOPLE fix the deficit? The answer is no... So the question is WHY do you want to tax them 3% more, what does it do other than make you a majority oppressing a minority?

Your answer is, “they are rich!!!!!” Point being you might as well say “They are JEWS!!!” or “They are Black!!!” If the reason to tax them serves no purpose to actually pay down the deficit then you are demanding they be taxed more, even 3% more for what reason other than bigotry?

Last edited:

Becuase you bigoted fuck, it starst somewhere. You are R-tarded if you think the day Hitler was elected the holiscost was done and over with. A scapegoat starts, it has a begining. In America you people use a small group, a minority... You then wipe the humanity off of them and call them the "1%."

It ends nowhere..there will always be a top 1% to pick on. It's like the perfect victim. You can never run out of them.

Becuase you bigoted fuck, it starst somewhere. You are R-tarded if you think the day Hitler was elected the holiscost was done and over with. A scapegoat starts, it has a begining. In America you people use a small group, a minority... You then wipe the humanity off of them and call them the "1%." Next you blame that 1% for almost all the problems with the country. Then you attack anyone that calls you out on your bullshit.

Will taxing the 1%, the rich, these PEOPLE fix the deficit? The answer is no... So the question is WHY do you want to tax them 3% more, what does it do other than make you a majority oppressing a minority?

Your answer is, “they are rich!!!!!” Point being you might as well say “They are JEWS!!!” or “They are Black!!!” If the reason to tax them serves no purpose to actually pay down the deficit then you are demanding they be taxed more, even 3% more for what reason other than bigotry?

Because the 99% won. Heck, the 47% won. Because voting is the best revenge. Because the 1% rich white man candidate was shocked to lose because he thought he was OWED the White House. Because Occupy Wall Street won. Because to the winner go the spoils.

This is your brain with 2% removed. Any questions?

Regards from Rosie

Bush Tax Cut Secret: Rich Paid Even More​

By John Merline

11/28/2012

It's been more than 10 years since President Bush signed his first round of tax cuts into law. And in the years since, those cuts have been the source of constant attacks. Critics charge they gave away too much to the rich, exploded the deficit, contributed to income inequality, did little to spur economic growth, and so on.

President Obama has for years attacked the Bush cuts, and demanded that the top two income tax brackets return to Clinton-era levels.

But a decade of debate and discussion has managed to shed little light on what the Bush tax cuts actually did.

So as the debate heats up once again as part of the "fiscal cliff" negotiations, it's worth taking the time to highlight some of the things most people never knew about the Bush-era tax cuts.

The rich paid more. Despite endless claims by critics that Bush's tax cuts favored the rich, the fact is the rich ended up paying more in taxes after they went into effect.

In fact, IRS data show that the richest 1% paid $84 billion more in taxes in 2007 than they had in 2000 — that's a 23% increase — even though their average tax rate went down.

What's more, their share of the overall income tax burden grew, climbing from 37% in 2000 to 40% in 2007.

At the other end of the spectrum, the bottom half of taxpayers paid $6 billion less in income taxes in 2007 than they had seven years earlier — a 16% drop — and their share of the total income tax burden dropped from 3.9% to 2.9%.

Millions dropped from the tax rolls entirely. Another unheralded feature of the Bush tax cuts is that they pushed nearly 8 million people off the tax rolls entirely because, among other things, Bush doubled the per-child tax credit to $1,000 and lowered the bottom rate to 10%.

The Tax Foundation estimated that these changes benefited modest-income married couples with children, who were the ones most likely to fall from the tax rolls.

The tax cuts didn't cause the massive deficits. Critics routinely blame the Bush tax cuts for turning surpluses late in the Clinton administration to huge deficits under Bush. Not true.

In August 2001, after the first round of the Bush tax cuts were in place, the CBO projected a surplus of $176 billion in fiscal year 2002, with surpluses continuing to grow in the following years.

Read More:
Bush Tax Cut Secret: Rich Paid Even More - Investors.com

I'll take that as a no.

Oh and you are mistaken if you think Hitler didn't have in mind the Holocaust before he took over Germany or if you think President Obama efforts to allow the Bush tax cut to expire for the most wealthy is in any way simular to the way the Jew were treated in Germany.

Because the 99% won. Heck, the 47% won. Because voting is the best revenge. Because the 1% rich white man candidate was shocked to lose because he thought he was OWED the White House. Because Occupy Wall Street won. Because to the winner go the spoils.

Regards from Rosie

I have no idea what you said, honestly.

Regards from Rosie
First off; you are a racist pig. Obamaturd got elected by people who are lazy bastards and want stuff from the gov't. so they can keep dealing and smoking their crack pipes. Lazy pricks.

I'll take that as a no.

Oh and you are mistaken if you think Hitler didn't have in mind the Holocaust before he took over Germany or if you think President Obama efforts to allow the Bush tax cut to expire for the most wealthy is in any way simular to the way the Jew were treated in Germany.

So now you can read fucking Hitler’s mind from 80+ years ago... And thanks for once again 100% avoiding my question and doing as I predicted and only seeing "HITLER!!!!!!!!"

You're a bigot, end of story... unless you can tell us all why "the rich" should have 3% more taxes added and no one else should have thier taxes raised.

Forum List

Back