Zone1 Why is my IP blocked?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ever since a suspension of a few days, some weeks ago. The suspension is long over, but the IP blocks remain.

It's not difficult to get around an IP block, but it is inconvenient.

I figured it would clear up in a few days, as I don't have a static IP (at least I don't think I do) and figured I'd get a different IP next time my connection refreshed. Perhaps my entire ISP is blocked?

My cell phone, also, intermittently. Sometimes, using its mobile connection, it's blocked, and sometimes its not. The intermittency is less surprising; apparently, you blocked some of the IP addresses that it gets, but every time it switches between mobile data and WiFi, it gets a different IP. So some times, it's my phone being blocked, and some times, it's someone else's phone using the same provider.

If you intended to ban me from the forum permanently, the way to do it would have been to permaban my account; clearly that was not intended, or that's what you would have done.

As I said, it's not difficult, but it is inconvenient, to get around IP blocks. Blocking me by IP would more likely affect others trying to get to this site, who are less savvy than I am about means to get around such blocks, but who have the misfortune to bet trying to get in from the same internet providers that I use.

View attachment 689615
clear your cookies and quit being a bitch

Two different devices, two different providers, and it's definitely USMB that is putting up the statement about my IP being banned.

Using a VPN is one of my means of getting around it.

Meister AyeCantSeeYou Dont Taz Me Bro Coyote Zincwarrior White 6 Kat MeBelle

I know the thread is closed. That's a good thing. Because to fix this -- we have to ask questions that impinge on your privacy. I'll contact you in PM. The only time we ban and block IPs is on permanent bans. You DO share IPs (several) with a perm banned member. And MANY with other ACTIVE members. If you've never run a bogus sock that got perm banned -- that shouldn't be an issue.

So contrary to what you stated above -- I suggest the TEMPORARY remedy would be to turn off your VPN and proxies and use the FIXED static address of ISP provider on phone line/cable/sat if you have one. .

This could get complicated. Might takes days or weeks to narrow it down. And we'd prefer that YOU do the experiments rather than us to protect your privacy.

We'll pick up in PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back