Zone1 Why is my IP blocked?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob Blaylock

Diamond Member
Aug 22, 2015
38°29′ North 121°26′ West
Ever since a suspension of a few days, some weeks ago. The suspension is long over, but the IP blocks remain.

It's not difficult to get around an IP block, but it is inconvenient.

I figured it would clear up in a few days, as I don't have a static IP (at least I don't think I do) and figured I'd get a different IP next time my connection refreshed. Perhaps my entire ISP is blocked?

My cell phone, also, intermittently. Sometimes, using its mobile connection, it's blocked, and sometimes its not. The intermittency is less surprising; apparently, you blocked some of the IP addresses that it gets, but every time it switches between mobile data and WiFi, it gets a different IP. So some times, it's my phone being blocked, and some times, it's someone else's phone using the same provider.

If you intended to ban me from the forum permanently, the way to do it would have been to permaban my account; clearly that was not intended, or that's what you would have done.

As I said, it's not difficult, but it is inconvenient, to get around IP blocks. Blocking me by IP would more likely affect others trying to get to this site, who are less savvy than I am about means to get around such blocks, but who have the misfortune to bet trying to get in from the same internet providers that I use.

1661967072280.png

You sure it's not your security features blocking you?
I had that problem for a while, until I was told thats what was blocking everything.

If you are using a VPN, that might be the reason.

I tried using a VPN once, and all of the usual sites I use wouldn't allow a VPN to get onto their site.

• Banned
You sure it's not your security features blocking you?
I had that problem for a while, until I was told thats [sic] what was blocking everything.

If you are using a VPN, that might be the reason.

I tried using a VPN once, and all of the usual sites I use wouldn't allow a VPN to get onto their site.

Two different devices, two different providers, and it's definitely USMB that is putting up the statement about my IP being banned.

Using a VPN is one of my means of getting around it.

Ever since a suspension of a few days, some weeks ago. The suspension is long over, but the IP blocks remain.

I figured it would clear up in a few days, as I don't have a static IP (at least I don't think I do) and figured I'd get a different IP next time my connection refreshed. Perhaps my entire ISP is blocked?

My cell phone, also, intermittently. Sometimes, using its mobile connection, it's blocked, and sometimes its not. The intermittency is less surprising; apparently, you blocked some of the IP addresses that it gets, but every time it switches between mobile data and WiFi, it gets a different IP. So some times, it's my phone being blocked, and some times, it's someone else's phone using the same provider.

If you intended to ban me from the forum permanently, the way to do it would have been to permaban my account; clearly that was not intended, or that's what you would have done.

As I said, it's not difficult, but it is inconvenient, to get around IP blocks. Blocking me by IP would more likely affect others trying to get to this site, who are less savvy than I am about means to get around such blocks, but who have the misfortune to bet trying to get in from the same internet providers that I use.

View attachment 689615
WTF is with all the GDF suspensions here lately..Christ Almighty

My last recently was for Trolling......lololol.......................Management should disappear a certain mod here

• Banned
WTF is with all the GDF suspensions here lately..Christ Almighty

My last recently was for Trolling......lololol.......................Management should disappear a certain mod here

At least two.

I think Zincwarrior and White 6 were made mods just to save Coyote from the distinction of being the most corrupt, incompetent, dishonest, and abusive member of this site's administration

I'm guessing it is one of the two newbies that blocked my IPs.

One noob mod is unbearable. Disrupts threads, gets butthurt and later...well you know

Have you seen this thread?

A particular “noob mod” was getting his ass kicked hard in that thread—advocating outright evil positions that everyone could see indicated seriously disturbing things about hi character and proclivities, and getting very pissed that people were daring to point that out. Suddenly, nearly all his opposition is silenced. Myself and who knows however many were banned from posting in that thread.

He wasn't the one who pulled the trigger, but it's obvious that it was done on his behalf, and it is obvious why it was done. There are at least a few other scumbags on the mod team who support the same unacceptable behavior that he does, and the same elements who engage in this behavior. And none of the mods who otherwise appear sane, decent, or sensible, will stand up to the scumbag mods.

View attachment 689615

This thread has been derailed badly off of its topic.

Why is my main household ISP's IP blocked, why are some of the IPs that my cell phone service uses blocked, by this site, and is anyone involved in running this site going to correct this?

At least two.

I think Zincwarrior and White 6 were made mods just to save Coyote from the distinction of being the most corrupt, incompetent, dishonest, and abusive member of this site's administration

I'm guessing it is one of the two newbies that blocked my IPs.
If somebody is blocking some of your IP addresses, don't look at me. Last warning I gave you was June 30 for a dirty mouth in a "G" rated Zone 1 thread and last before that was Jun 1st for a Pedo attack. The only beef you could have with me is posting No Action Taken reports, when you frequently want somebody's thread booted to the Badlands or Rubber Room, as you report people because you do not like what they are saying want it moved to the back of the bus. But, since you brought me up, I will give you this public warning.
Do not accuse me of Moderation actions or discuss specificic moderation actions, on the main board, especially not any, I have nothing to do with. Do Not Respond To This On Warning On The Main Board. If you wish to discuss my Mod Actions, you know how to PM me. White 6 / Out.

If somebody is blocking some of your IP addresses, don't look at me. Last warning I gave you was June 30 for a dirty mouth in a "G" rated Zone 1 thread and last before that was Jun 1st for a Pedo attack. The only beef you could have with me is posting No Action Taken reports, when you frequently want somebody's thread booted to the Badlands or Rubber Room, as you report people because you do not like what they are saying want it moved to the back of the bus. But, since you brought me up, I will give you this public warning.
Do not accuse me of Moderation actions or discuss specificic moderation actions, on the main board, especially not any, I have nothing to do with. Do Not Respond To This On Warning On The Main Board. If you wish to discuss my Mod Actions, you know how to PM me. White 6 / Out.

Do not discuss moderation action on open threads ring a bell?

Why is my main household ISP's IP blocked, why are some of the IPs that my cell phone service uses blocked, by this site, and is anyone involved in running this site going to correct this?
Not seeing anything. I would suggest you hold for an older mod who has more technical access or knowledge like Meister. You might PM him directly.

Paging Meister

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back