Why is Mitt's time at Bain Capital not relevant?

The biggest accomplishment of his term was forcing a healthcare insurance mandate on the people of the state.

Romney is a Federalist, who believes as the Founders believed that such matters are providence of the State.

The People's Republic of Mass WANTED such a program, and he delivered.

Results? The people OVERWHELMINGLY approve of their healthcare system.

Now you know how that works.

Romney urged Obama to embrace the individual mandate.

You're doing a bang up job demonstrating that you know jack shit about the candidate you are shilling for.

An article that has no confirmed origin, allegedly says... interesting, how do you confirm what it said? Funny, I would have thought Democrats, message boards and other outlets would have jumped on the story, yet it is brought up three years later. So, we have an alleged story, in the middle of primaries, that is unconfirmed. Now, if it is true, you then need to ask about the context.

Why should we put weight in the story?

Maybe Romney should explain how his working for Bain Capital translates into superior qualifications for him to be president,

and be specific about it.

he was in charge of something
He has leadership
He's been responsible for people
had to make tough decisions

etc etc

all things you don't get as a community organizer.

GW Bush had those qualifications from the private sector. How did that work out?

I don't run a multi-billion dollar company.

WHATTTTT???? Say it ain't so snipper. Now that I know this I am afraid I can't take your opinion seriously anymore. You certinly are not at the same level as Mitt, so how can you speak with so much CONviction about how successful Mittens would be.

Please list the name of the Fortune 500 company you own.

or shut the fuck up

since you are not on Mitts level either are are not knowledgeable enough to defame him.

good lord, set yourself up.

Maybe Romney should explain how his working for Bain Capital translates into superior qualifications for him to be president,

and be specific about it.

He has leadership

etc etc

GW Bush had those qualifications from the private sector. How did that work out?

six good years that turned to shit when the dems took over.

that's how

oh

and how has obamas VAST leadership skills worked out?

4 years of shit, that's how

Last edited:
The mere fact that so many on the Right are throwing fits over Bain being brought up should tell that it's a negative for Romney;

if it weren't they'd be welcoming it.

Romney is a Federalist, who believes as the Founders believed that such matters are providence of the State.

The People's Republic of Mass WANTED such a program, and he delivered.

Results? The people OVERWHELMINGLY approve of their healthcare system.

Now you know how that works.

You're doing a bang up job demonstrating that you know jack shit about the candidate you are shilling for.

An article that has no confirmed origin, allegedly says... interesting, how do you confirm what it said? Funny, I would have thought Democrats, message boards and other outlets would have jumped on the story, yet it is brought up three years later. So, we have an alleged story, in the middle of primaries, that is unconfirmed. Now, if it is true, you then need to ask about the context.

Why should we put weight in the story?

The links to the source OP-ED that Romney wrote are in the link that I provided, chief.

You can always just plug your ears and scream "LALALALALALALALALALALALA" if it makes you feel better though.

He has leadership

etc etc

that's how

oh

If you think the Iraq war, along with the return to triple digit deficits, were good things, then you think the Bush presidency was a success.

The mere fact that so many on the Right are throwing fits over Bain being brought up should tell that it's a negative for Romney;

I welcome it.

but like I've said, for bain to be a neg, the left must lie.

78 percent of the companies that bain took over were saved

All pro NBA players are in the Hall a Fame wish they shot that well.

But, break out the poor old lady that lost here job, and boo hoo, Mitts an evil man.

that's how

oh

If you think the Iraq war, along with the return to triple digit deficits, were good things, then you think the Bush presidency was a success.

under Bush, I could pay my bills and have extra to go out with the family

under big o I'm working overtime to make ends meat

so yeah, Bush was by far the better Pres, leader, economist and international bad ass.

My point stands, your pointless red herring, notwithstanding.

Your point just got eviscerated.

Thanks for playing.
Your point would be eviscerated had you bothered to read your own damn link where ROmney doesn't say anything like that.
Of course since you have sub-par intelligence anything that looks like "Romney" "Obama" "advice" "health care" must translate into "ROmney gave Obama advice on healthcare for a national mandate."
You are a dunce and a quarter.

What are the key differences between RomneyCare and ObamaCare?

It is often asserted that RomneyCare is the same thing as ObamaCare, but this is simply not true. While there are similarities, there are also key differences. Below is a table of differences between the Romney plan and the Obama plan.

RomneyCare – The Truth about Massachusetts Health Care | Mitt Romney Central

Romneycare Vs. Obamacare

For a more detailed summary, click here to visit Mitt Romney Central's health care page.
RomneyCare – The Truth about Massachusetts Health Care | Mitt Romney Central

A recent article in The New Yorker magazine states that "Romney had accomplished a longstanding Democratic goal - universal health insurance - by combining three conservative policies." In other words, Romney had beaten Democrats at their own goal of providing universal health insurance. But Romney's novel approach accomplished this goal not with a government takeover, but with conservative principles. The success of Romney's healthcare law led many Democrats to consider adopting a similar approach to achieving universal health insurance.

The article goes on to say that in 2006 when Romneycare was passed, "most conservatives praised Romney's plan." The Bush administration sent a letter praising the passage of the new law. An often overlooked fact is that without the support of the Bush administration, Romney's healthcare law never would have become a reality.

The Boston Globe editorial board recently published an article defending Romneycare on conservative grounds. The editorial board states "the role Romney played on the state level was skillful, creative, and business friendly. Romney was a governor sensitive to business concerns and worried about the state's business climate."

Mitt Romney and Healthcare: Romneycare Vs. Obamacare

For that matter why is anything off limits? This is an election of a president of one of the most powerful countries on the planet. I want to know what he did when he was at his other jobs. mcdonalds would want to know what I did at my past jobs if i wanted to make hamburgers.

I also want to know why it is wrong to say that his learning at bain on creating or destroying jobs is not going to help him as president. It is not the same, so if you think he is going to be able to directly create jobs like he would have been able to at bain, and did not all the time, he cannot do that as president. De4spite his supposed claims of being able to create jobs he can't do that as preseident like he did at bain, and that shows his poor thought processes. If we were able to explore this instead of slinging mud and then whining about it then we would know that at bain capital he could have directly hired people, but as president he cannot force the private sector to hire. His thoughts that throwing money at supposed job makers will make them hire will get them to hire is dangerously naieve and bordering on fraud.

Let us talk about his record at bain capital. perhaps you would want to invest in bain capital because of his shrewd and aggressive tactics. Those are tactics you can't use in our government because there is no way to do them.

Attacking Mitt's record for it's flaws is not attacking capitalism or the abilities he has to make money in private enterprise. It is attacking his personal ability to be president of the untied states, and it should be happening.

how are you at making burgers?

Short but very descriptive.

that's how

oh

so yeah, Bush was by far the better Pres, leader, economist and international bad ass.

So why did Bush sign TARP?

I welcome it.

but like I've said, for bain to be a neg, the left must lie.

78 percent of the companies that bain took over were saved

All pro NBA players are in the Hall a Fame wish they shot that well.

But, break out the poor old lady that lost here job, and boo hoo, Mitts an evil man.

:lol: Yes, these things are all relative... Heck, even Babe Ruth only averaged .342 in his lifetime but I bet we could put together a video montage of all his strikeouts and show a few weeping RedSox fans to convince an ignorant electorate that he was such a horrible hitter!

My point stands, your pointless red herring, notwithstanding.

Thanks for playing.
Your point would be eviscerated had you bothered to read your own damn link where ROmney doesn't say anything like that.
Of course since you have sub-par intelligence anything that looks like "Romney" "Obama" "advice" "health care" must translate into "ROmney gave Obama advice on healthcare for a national mandate."

The cost issue

Our experience also demonstrates that getting every citizen insured doesn’t have to break the bank. First, we established incentives for those who were uninsured to buy insurance. Using tax penalties, as we did, or tax credits, as others have proposed, encourages “free riders” to take responsibility for themselves rather than pass their medical costs on to others.

You can go ahead and pretend that this, in an OP-ED addressed to the President, isn't an endorsement of a mandate if you want to. It's no hair off my ass.

that's how

oh

It's almost like something terrible happened to the economy during the final months of the Bush Admin or something. Crazy for me to think that, I know, but there just could possibly be something to it.

That said, I suggest you do what a real conservative would do, and that's take ownership of your own situation and do something about it instead blaming someone else for your own failures and inability to provide for your family to the level in which you believe is acceptable.

Last edited:

Thanks for playing.

The cost issue

Our experience also demonstrates that getting every citizen insured doesn’t have to break the bank. First, we established incentives for those who were uninsured to buy insurance. Using tax penalties, as we did, or tax credits, as others have proposed, encourages “free riders” to take responsibility for themselves rather than pass their medical costs on to others.

You can go ahead and pretend that this, in an OP-ED addressed to the President, isn't an endorsement of a mandate if you want to. It's no hair off my ass.

There is no need to pretend.
You have posted a link to an article that references an editorial that is no longer available for inspection and states, gasp, that Romney told Obama he could learn something from MA's experience.

In your little sub-par mind this becomes "Romney tells Obama to push for a health care mandate."
It is not my fault you are stupid. It's genetics.

that's how

oh

What dumbasses like you refuse to comprehend is that whats happening now is because of things not only Bush did, but Reagan, Bush 1 and Clinton too. NAFTA stupid. Allowing 10 million people to come here and do "Jobs Americans won't do". McCains own words.

And the tax breaks to the rich and wars bankrupted us. And the economy nearly collapsed when Bush was in office and gas went over $4 for the first time. Truckers couldn't even deliver their shit.

So while things might have been fine for you in 2007, what is the saying you fucking fool? First they came for the jews, I said nothing because I wasn't a jew. Then they came for the unions, I wasn't in a union. Then they came for the gays, and I wasn't gay. It was ok until they came for me, and then there wasn't anyone left for me to complain to.

Welcome to what we told you would happen. You didn't think it would happen to you, and now you don't even know who to blame. Pathetic American who votes for the rich because of God gays and guns. I pitty you fuckers. And I hate it that I have to live among you.

For that matter why is anything off limits? This is an election of a president of one of the most powerful countries on the planet. I want to know what he did when he was at his other jobs. mcdonalds would want to know what I did at my past jobs if i wanted to make hamburgers.

Attacking Mitt's record for it's flaws is not attacking capitalism or the abilities he has to make money in private enterprise. It is attacking his personal ability to be president of the untied states, and it should be happening.

The mormon issue is off the table but they want to talk about reverand wright.

And this was what Randy Rhodes had to say: :lol:

Mitt Romney has been fighting attempts to focus on his record at Bain, and now he’s resisting efforts to look at his record as Governor of Massachusetts. What are we supposed to look at, Mitt—your record at prep school? Oops! When Mitt was running for governor back in 2002, he used the exact same pitch about how his business experience made him the perfect job creator. It was a lie then, and it’s a lie now. For once, Mitt Romney is consistent!

Read more: Randi Rhodes

Mitt's record at Bain is definitely relevant.

Most important issue of the election --> The economy and jobs.

The candidates.

Candidate #1 --> Worked in business most of his life. One of America's best investors. Funded extraordinarily successful growth businesses. Worked as a consultant advising businesses. Knows more about business than all the other candidates in the primaries combined. Was asked to save his old company, and was successful. Was asked to save the Olympics, and was successful.

Candidate #2 --> Law professor. State senator. Community organizer. Senator for two years. As President, presided over the weakest recovery on record. Businesses on record saying uncertainty is causing them to invest elsewhere. US debt downgraded.

So definitely, let's make Bain's record an issue and put it side-by-side with Obama's.

Forum List

Back