Why Is It Still OK To 'Trash' Poor White People?

Personally I dont give a shit either way.
There are white,black,yellow and brown xxxxxx and all colors in between.
I wont associate with any of them.

Edited to remove racial slur. Do not bypass the word filter.

HereWeGoAgain

My my my that's some rarified air you're breathing there, yes indeed.

So you'll hang out with anyone who comes along no matter their moral character?
When you lay down with dogs dont be surprised when you wake up with fleas.

What is more racist? White trash? Or redneck?
Redneck also has positive connotations, folks can use it as an emblem of pride. Not so white trash. But both tend to be slurs.
Redneck/white trash are so used to being jeered at and ridiculed just because of their geography that they kind of embrace the terms that are thrown at them.

That's why we call ourselves deplorables, that's why we flaunt the redneck title. The fact of the matter is...letists despise and reject everything we value and honor...so any time they come up with a new name for us that is meant to demean us for things we celebrate, we grab it.

Racism is what's being rejected. So if you celebrate that, you've got problems.
But here is a broad label....generalizing an entire group of people as racist bases on skin color and economic status. How is that different then generalizing an entire group of people as thugs based on skin color and abused crime stats?

First off blacks commit less crime and our overall record of crime is far, far less than that of whites. Rednecks are a fucking sub culture in the white community. They do not represent all white people. Rednecks exhibit a particular type of behavior and in the case of the person I was responding to, the fact she is a racist made it necessary to say what I did. Now you have really got to stop your consistent attempts to find comparisons because whites and blacks aren't coming from the same place. Whites have as a race, a 242 year continuing pattern of extreme racist behavior. And we are the ones who have been the targets. So to try comparing how we see things as if they are coming from the same mental reference is not an accurate way of looking at this.

HereWeGoAgain

Well, let's see. That depends. What do you mean by "hang out"? I'm a Christian. Jesus hung out with tax collectors, prostitutes, thieves and other "trash". And He was the very Son of God.

There does come a point when you are not required to "throw your pearls before swine" etc. etc. But if we are not willing to hang out with the worst of sinners what does that say about us, that we think we're better than Jesus? I'm not.

BTW, that doesn't mean I do what the sinners are doing. Doesn't mean I didn't used to, though, God knows.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
Redneck also has positive connotations, folks can use it as an emblem of pride. Not so white trash. But both tend to be slurs.
Redneck/white trash are so used to being jeered at and ridiculed just because of their geography that they kind of embrace the terms that are thrown at them.

That's why we call ourselves deplorables, that's why we flaunt the redneck title. The fact of the matter is...letists despise and reject everything we value and honor...so any time they come up with a new name for us that is meant to demean us for things we celebrate, we grab it.

But here is a broad label....generalizing an entire group of people as racist bases on skin color and economic status. How is that different then generalizing an entire group of people as thugs based on skin color and abused crime stats?

Short version ... If your world view is consumed by racism ... That's all you are ever going to find ... :thup:

Short version. You are white and have no clue.

First off blacks commit less crime and our overall record of crime is far, far less than that of whites. Rednecks are a fucking sub culture in the white community. They do not represent all white people. Rednecks exhibit a particular type of behavior and in the case of the person I was responding to, the fact she is a racist made it necessary to say what I did. Now you have really got to stop your consistent attempts to find comparisons because whites and blacks aren't coming from the same place. Whites have as a race, a 242 year continuing pattern of extreme racist behavior. And we are the ones who have been the targets. So to try comparing how we see things as if they are coming from the same mental reference is not an accurate way of looking at this.

Hey how about I replaces "blacks" for a certain slur for a certain subculture of blacks--is that cool with you?

FWIW it's not cool with me and I would never do that, but I see how easily you do it with whites. Double standard much?

HereWeGoAgain

Well, let's see. That depends. What do you mean by "hang out"? I'm a Christian. Jesus hung out with tax collectors, prostitutes, thieves and other "trash". And He was the very Son of God.

There does come a point when you are not required to "throw your pearls before swine" etc. etc. But if we are not willing to hang out with the worst of sinners what does that say about us, that we think we're better than Jesus? I'm not.

BTW, that doesn't mean I do what the sinners are doing. Doesn't mean I didn't used to, though, God knows.

Didnt your mother ever tell you not to run with the wrong crowd?
You are judged by the company you keep. Now if you're a minister or something trying to steer people onto a better path in life thats obviously far different and everyone knows why your there.

So small primarily white towns in the rural west have a much higher crime rate than the inner cities of Chicago, and Philly. Right? That's what you're saying.

And of course everybody knows you're lying. Stop lying.

Short version ... If your world view is consumed by racism ... That's all you are ever going to find ... :thup:

If you think me being white makes a difference ...
You have just proven what I stated was correct ...
Whether or not you have a clue what either of us is talking about ... :thup:

Last edited:

Short version. You are black and a liar.

I'm sure it's a coincidence, as is your criminal record.

Anyone can be racist but anyone did not enforce their racism in this nation by making laws but one race.
That is true.

But that does not excuse racism

What it doesn't excuse is how whites have created and manipulated laws to give themslves advantages and privileges others have been unable to get in the same full measure..

It doesn’t excuse racism of any kind. Or do you think some types are excusable?

It doesn't make everything all the same either. And that's what it seems you are doing. Things have not been the same for all races. We are the ones who have continually been bullied by white racism. Whites have not faced nothing of the sort, yet whites want to redefine racism now. Whites seem to think we have no right to be angry or react to what whites keep doing or we have no right to air our grievance about what has been done to us that remains unfixed. Unless we say it in a manner tha whites want to hear, meaning we blame ourselves and just ignore everything else. If or when we don't meet those expectations, then we get the false equivalence about all races can be racists when all races have not endured the racism whites have put on non whites.
Racism is not defined as only being perpetrated on black people. It is an attitude and all races can express that attitude. Because white people have had the historical power to legislate into law doesn't exempt black people from being racist.

Is it ok for black people to be racist?

You choose to avoid the issue and I chose to not answer your question because I'm tired of whites here asking questions. This is not about an attitude, it is about what has been done, and what keeps being done. 99 percent of what is called black racism here is not close to racism.

Definition of racism

1 a belief that
race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race
2 a : a doctrine or political program based on the assumption of racism and designed to execute its principles

b : a political or social system founded on racism

Calling you a white boy does not infer I'm superior to you.

Historically the N word has been used to by whites to describe blacks as lazy, dumb, uneducated, worthless, scum, less than human and parasites. It has stood for nothing coming out of the mouth of whites but insults and to denigrate back people. For over 240 years this has been the primary use of the word by whites. When they first started using the word, blacks could not fight back. Blacks had to take being disgraced and belittled or face beatings or death. When the lynch mobs came to get us, they were not using the word as a term of endearment. The word coming from whites has carried a belief of superiority. It was them saying they are better than us just because they exist. The pre school age white child could freely call elderly black men or women who had lived a full life and had wisdom that child may never receive that word and it’s parents said nothing about respecting your elders. The term coming from whites simply means no respect.

There is no word blacks or anyone else uses for whites that have this history. So it's just this simple imo coyote, unfortunately for you, because you aren't a racist, racism has been practiced by whites in the worst way, done by the most extreme methods and has inflicted serious damage in every way to communities of color. Until the complete damage white racism has wrought is fixed your question only serves as an irritant.

If you think being white doesn't make a difference, yo suffer from psychosis. No one is consumed by racism. But this is the fake news whites like you must tell yourselves because the truth you can't or don't want to handle.

If you think being white doesn't make a difference, yo suffer from psychosis. No one is consumed by racism. But this is the fake news whites like you must tell yourselves because the truth you can't or don't want to handle it.usus

I didn't say me being white doesn't make a difference to you.
I mentioned a person's world view ... As in how they choose to see things ... You have one whether or not you like it or agree.

The only truth ... No matter what you want to believe ...
Is that all you will ever find in this world is race and racism ... Because that's all you are looking for.
You are consumed by it ... It defines who you are and how you choose to view everyone else.

That's a fact ... It's not debatable ... :thup:

HereWeGoAgain

You are judged by the company you keep. Now if you're a minister or something trying to steer people onto a better path in life thats obviously far different and everyone knows why your there.

Jesus said,

"Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptising them in the Name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit; teaching them to observe all things I have commanded you. And lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the age."--Matthew 28:19-20

He didn't say: but this applies just to ministers so the rest of you, forget it. I mean for goodness sake, who are WE to isolate ourselves from sinners? Now if you're talking about joining them in their sin--again, that's a different story.

If you think being white doesn't make a difference, yo suffer from psychosis. No one is consumed by racism. But this is the fake news whites like you must tell yourselves because the truth you can't or don't want to handle.

I think it makes a difference. I do.

But I really think we just don't listen to each other enough. White people, we don't listen to black people tell us about their experience. And black people, they often don't listen to us tell them that, nope, we really don't feel that way either.

We bring barrels full of assumptions and junk into every encounter. We don't listen.

Short version. You are black and a liar.

I'm sure it's a coincidence, as is your criminal record.

This comment sux.

HereWeGoAgain

Jesus said,

"Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptising them in the Name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit; teaching them to observe all things I have commanded you. And lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the age."--Matthew 28:19-20

He didn't say: but this applies just to ministers so the rest of you, forget it. I mean for goodness sake, who are WE to isolate ourselves from sinners? Now if you're talking about joining them in their sin--again, that's a different story.

Whatever...
If you fell the need to hang out with gang members and drugs dealers thats your business.
Personally I dont want that kind of attention from the police nor would my morals permit it.

Food for thought....

Why Is It Still OK To 'Trash' Poor White People?

When poor (or formerly poor) white folks do get portrayed in the media and pop culture, they're often reduced to a series of offensive stereotypes: that they're angry, lazy, dirty, overweight, sunburned, stupid, racist, alcoholic, abusive, jobless, tacky, diseased, violent, backwards, Bible-thumping and uneducated. Those stereotypes get reinforced over and over again on TV and in movies, as anyone who watched Here Comes Honey Boo Boo or Duck Dynasty will tell you.

other slurs, there has been some reclamation of "white trash" — songs and cookbooks and T-shirts that celebrate white-trash culture. And plenty of people unabashedly refer to themselves as white trash.

But no matter who uses it, the phrase itself reinforces some pretty insidious ideas about the meaning of whiteness (and, by reflection, blackness — we'll get to that in a minute). By accepting the idea that white trash exists, people are tacitly accepting that there is another, different kind of whiteness. Normal white people — the ones who aren't white trash — embody all the things white trash can't: They're hardworking, educated, classy, kind and good.

Anyone who doesn't conform to those values can't ever really be fully white. Hence, white trash.

"The problem with the white trash reference is often ... it becomes an easy way to dismiss a group and to generalize," Isenberg says.

All stereotypes are meant to be dismissive and marginalizing. It is mentally lazy at the least, but to be fair, almost all of us do it at one time or another. When people on the right call those of the left "snowflakes" it is really the same thing....dismissive and marginalizing.

I will say the Hillary Clinton "basket of deplorables" was imho the biggest blunder of the 2016 election. That one hurt her tremendously.

I think it makes a difference. I do.

But I really think we just don't listen to each other enough. White people, we don't listen to black people tell us about their experience. And black people, they often don't listen to us tell them that, nope, we really don't feel that way either.

We bring barrels full of assumptions and junk into every encounter. We don't listen.

My point was as long as a bunch of people want to talk about race and racism ...
They are going to have a problem with who thinks who is listening.

The difference comes in what you do ... Not what you say.
Get to doing things the way they should be done ...
And leave the people that want to wallow in the if's, could's, and should's to the misery they insist on surrounding themselves with.

Racism exists ... Play with it, pander to it, make it a part of your life, if you feel the need.
Just don't bitch about it if that is what you choose to do.

Your anger makes you weak

Forum List

Back