Why is it so hard to understand that TAX cuts INCREASES tax revenues?

Look at that chart. Between 2000 and 2004. That was only the beginning of the Bush Tax cuts. What happened in 2008 was the other effect.

Remember Reagan cut taxes in his first year and then raised taxes in the next 7 to undo the damage he did.

Just more right wing fantasy? Why not show the debt correlation to lowering taxes.
Dufus calls JFK a right winger! :lmao:
Are we in real times of War, or not, right wingers.

In consideration of the monstrous sacrifice in property and blood that each war demands of the people, personal enrichment through a war must be designated as a crime against the people. Therefore, we demand the total confiscation of all war profits.
Shitforbrains thinks America faced no threats and had a peace time military in 1963. My God how they are so ignorant.:cuckoo:
It is about dedicated funding for our public sector intervention in free markets, with our military, dears.

Just more right wing fantasy? Why not show the debt correlation to lowering taxes.
Because the debt correlation is directly attributable to spending, not income.

However, healthmyths isn't doing his argument any favors with that chart. I am a believer in tax cuts to stimulate growth, provided that equal cuts in spending happen. But the chart shows an increase in revenue BEFORE the tax cuts happened. The ability to read a chart is crucial. The growth in revenue can be more easily attributed to population growth.
You mean, fiscal responsibility. Since, you agree that spending and revenue should be in the same "ball park".
No, but I agree that there should be no talk of taxation until real progress is made on defining 'legitimate' spending by the Federal government and their abuse of the States.

It simply cannot be argued with any voracity that tax cuts do not create stimulus. However, it also cannot be stated that tax cuts without a corresponding level of spending cutes will create a stimulus. What it (spending) does is burden future generations with unimaginable taxation to cover the lack of responsible spending and mature priorities of government.

Excuse Me, but today I'm making a batch of watermelon wine and I can't spend all day discussing economics 101. Have a nice day.
We have a general welfare clause and a common defense clause. It seems simple, to any federalist.
The general welfare clause does not specifically address individuals. Any careful reading of the Constitution will tell you that the general welfare is in reference to the overall health and security of the nation.

Enjoy.

No one is saying raise them as indiscriminately as Republicans cut them. But these have to be targeted. Republicans really want to cut them for rich people and screw the rest of us over. They always do that. Their base just likes the feeling of taking it up the.....

Look at that chart. Between 2000 and 2004. That was only the beginning of the Bush Tax cuts. What happened in 2008 was the other effect.

Remember Reagan cut taxes in his first year and then raised taxes in the next 7 to undo the damage he did.
Trickle down means, bailout the rich and then let it trickle down.

In 2007, the top 20% wealthiest possessed 80% of all financial assets.[19] In 2007 the richest 1% of the American population owned 35% of the country's total wealth, and the next 19% owned 51%. Thus, the top 20% of Americans owned 85% of the country's wealth and the bottom 80% of the population owned 15%. In 2011, financial inequality was greater than inequality in total wealth, with the top 1% of the population owning 43%, the next 19% of Americans owning 50%, and the bottom 80% owning 7%.[20] However, after the Great Recession which started in 2007, the share of total wealth owned by the top 1% of the population grew from 35% to 37%, and that owned by the top 20% of Americans grew from 85% to 88%. The Great Recession also caused a drop of 36% in median household wealth but a drop of only 11% for the top 1%, further widening the gap between the top 1% and the bottom 99%.[18][20][21]--https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wealth_inequality_in_the_United_States

The right wing likes to blame individuals for being poor, and credit the rich for being rich.

However, healthmyths isn't doing his argument any favors with that chart. I am a believer in tax cuts to stimulate growth, provided that equal cuts in spending happen. But the chart shows an increase in revenue BEFORE the tax cuts happened. The ability to read a chart is crucial. The growth in revenue can be more easily attributed to population growth.
You mean, fiscal responsibility. Since, you agree that spending and revenue should be in the same "ball park".
No, but I agree that there should be no talk of taxation until real progress is made on defining 'legitimate' spending by the Federal government and their abuse of the States.

It simply cannot be argued with any voracity that tax cuts do not create stimulus. However, it also cannot be stated that tax cuts without a corresponding level of spending cutes will create a stimulus. What it (spending) does is burden future generations with unimaginable taxation to cover the lack of responsible spending and mature priorities of government.

Excuse Me, but today I'm making a batch of watermelon wine and I can't spend all day discussing economics 101. Have a nice day.
We have a general welfare clause and a common defense clause. It seems simple, to any federalist.
The general welfare clause does not specifically address individuals. Any careful reading of the Constitution will tell you that the general welfare is in reference to the overall health and security of the nation.

Enjoy.
Where do you come up with your right wing fantasy? The general welfare clause is general, not specific or common.

It seems that many people primarily uninformed people don't see HOW the correlation between reducing taxes can increase revenue.
The primary reason they don't understand is fundamentally they don't know:
1) simple arithmetic.
2) that don't know what happens to money.
View attachment 149122

Do Tax Cuts Increase Government Revenue?

Why according to the above chart does receipts increase as marginal tax decreases?
1) Simple arithmetic.
If taxable income grows tax receipts increase. Simple.
$1,000 taxable income 90% tax $900.
But if taxable income grows to $2,000 and tax is 70% $1,400 versus $900. Simple.
Now some people say "well if the tax was still at 90% it would be $1,800! WRONG!
Because there was NO reason for the taxable income to grow if all it did was pay more taxes!
2) Don't know what happens to money.
Most naive and uninformed people I honestly believe think that people that have excess money:
a) put the money in a mattress or bury it in the backyard. Seriously! They don't seem to comprehend
b)the excess money is
1) spent on consumer goods, more cars, more clothes, more housing, more food.
2) or save putting into the bank which by the way then the bank lends to people to spend..
3) or invest in business to hire more people, spend more money

It is that simple.
The economic multiplier states for every $1 million spent, IT is multiplied by 1.18 or the economy grows with that $1 trillion to $1.2 trillion.
• $1.188 million in total economic activity takes place for every $1 million spent..
• Each $1 million spent provides $205,829 in labor incomes
• Each $1 million represents 7.7 workers and assuming 35% (payroll taxes, FICA, FUTA, Medicare, SS)
http://www2.econ.iastate.edu/research/webpapers/paper_13143.pdf

You REALLY suck at math. LOL Stick to healthcare, it's easier for you to misstate those facts

In consideration of the monstrous sacrifice in property and blood that each war demands of the people, personal enrichment through a war must be designated as a crime against the people. Therefore, we demand the total confiscation of all war profits.
Shitforbrains thinks America faced no threats and had a peace time military in 1963. My God how they are so ignorant.:cuckoo:
It is about dedicated funding for our public sector intervention in free markets, with our military, dears.
You are dumber than a brick.
My apologies to bricks.

Well then, we should lower the taxes to zero, then the money would flow into the Treasury so fast it would pour out the windows. We would need snow plows to keep the streets clear of the money threatening to bury Washington.

Kansas cut taxes, and expected an explosion of growth, and the explosion did not materialize. Cuts, and more cuts, and then finally the legislature overrode the Governor's Veto to get rid of the tax cuts. Spending in the state did not increase.

There are a number of reasons, but supply side economics counts on one thing that does not happen anymore. People with more money no longer spend it locally, they spend it online buying the items they want from the cheapest supplier. Not something close to what they want, but what they really want. Amazon and eBay and the rest are able to meet customer demand all over the nation.

So stores were not opening, employment did not increase, and payroll taxes did not take up the slack on lost tax revenue and then drown Kansas in money.

Everyone shops online now. I do. You can even purchase a weapon online, providing that you go to the Federally Licensed Firearms Dealer to pick it up and fill out the forms. But let's talk about that. Most FFL people will do the transfer. They charge a small fee. $25 or $50. That is much less than they would make if they sold the weapon through their own sources. That probably covers their costs and a tiny bit more to maintain the paperwork for eternity.

But we have a lot of other examples to look at. Instead of heading to the local electronics store to buy a TV, you just order one online. Instead of buying a new pair of pants at the store, a lot of people buy online.

Online sales is the hole in the theory that did not exist when Reagan fired up the tax cut to stimulate growth idea. That's why the tax cut experiment in Kansas failed, and that's why it will fail at any State Level. Federal, you have income tax from the online sellers, so you can argue that you'll do better in the long run that way, but I'm not convinced.

YOU were saying???

Kansas beats June revenue projections by $72 million to end fiscal year on a high note
BY HUNTER WOODALL [email protected]
JULY 03, 2017 3:51 PM

TOPEKA
Kansas tax revenue came in more than $72 million above projections for June, according to a report released Monday by the Kansas Department of Revenue.
Individual income tax collections were $22.8 million above the June estimate, while corporate income tax revenue beat the estimate by almost $39 million.
The state’s sales tax collections also came in almost $11.5 million above projections for the month, which ends the fiscal year.
: Kansas beats June revenue projections by $72 million to end fiscal year on a high note

It seems that many people primarily uninformed people don't see HOW the correlation between reducing taxes can increase revenue.
1) simple arithmetic.
View attachment 149122

Why according to the above chart does receipts increase as marginal tax decreases?
1) Simple arithmetic.
But if taxable income grows to $2,000 and tax is 70% $1,400 versus $900. Simple.
Now some people say "well if the tax was still at 90% it would be $1,800! WRONG!
Because there was NO reason for the taxable income to grow if all it did was pay more taxes!
Most naive and uninformed people I honestly believe think that people that have excess money:
a) put the money in a mattress or bury it in the backyard. Seriously! They don't seem to comprehend
b)the excess money is
2) or save putting into the bank which by the way then the bank lends to people to spend..

It is that simple.
The economic multiplier states for every $1 million spent, IT is multiplied by 1.18 or the economy grows with that $1 trillion to $1.2 trillion.
• $1.188 million in total economic activity takes place for every $1 million spent..
• Each $1 million represents 7.7 workers and assuming 35% (payroll taxes, FICA, FUTA, Medicare, SS)

You REALLY suck at math. LOL Stick to healthcare, it's easier for you to misstate those facts
AND you really really suck at validation of your comments!
WHERE is there a problem with my MATH??? EXPLAIN with LINKS ! Dummies like you make all these phony unsubstantiated comments!
PROVE where my math was wrong or else shut the f...k up because YOU are making YOURSELF look even dumber! Prove where my math was wrong because
so FAR you are proving exactly my point! Idiots with NO idea make dumb comments with NO proof! Prove my math was wrong!

Well then, we should lower the taxes to zero, then the money would flow into the Treasury so fast it would pour out the windows. We would need snow plows to keep the streets clear of the money threatening to bury Washington.

Kansas cut taxes, and expected an explosion of growth, and the explosion did not materialize. Cuts, and more cuts, and then finally the legislature overrode the Governor's Veto to get rid of the tax cuts. Spending in the state did not increase.

There are a number of reasons, but supply side economics counts on one thing that does not happen anymore. People with more money no longer spend it locally, they spend it online buying the items they want from the cheapest supplier. Not something close to what they want, but what they really want. Amazon and eBay and the rest are able to meet customer demand all over the nation.

So stores were not opening, employment did not increase, and payroll taxes did not take up the slack on lost tax revenue and then drown Kansas in money.

Everyone shops online now. I do. You can even purchase a weapon online, providing that you go to the Federally Licensed Firearms Dealer to pick it up and fill out the forms. But let's talk about that. Most FFL people will do the transfer. They charge a small fee. $25 or $50. That is much less than they would make if they sold the weapon through their own sources. That probably covers their costs and a tiny bit more to maintain the paperwork for eternity.

But we have a lot of other examples to look at. Instead of heading to the local electronics store to buy a TV, you just order one online. Instead of buying a new pair of pants at the store, a lot of people buy online.

Online sales is the hole in the theory that did not exist when Reagan fired up the tax cut to stimulate growth idea. That's why the tax cut experiment in Kansas failed, and that's why it will fail at any State Level. Federal, you have income tax from the online sellers, so you can argue that you'll do better in the long run that way, but I'm not convinced.

YOU were saying???

Kansas beats June revenue projections by $72 million to end fiscal year on a high note

TOPEKA
Kansas tax revenue came in more than $72 million above projections for June, according to a report released Monday by the Kansas Department of Revenue.
Individual income tax collections were $22.8 million above the June estimate, while corporate income tax revenue beat the estimate by almost $39 million.
The state’s sales tax collections also came in almost $11.5 million above projections for the month, which ends the fiscal year.
: Kansas beats June revenue projections by $72 million to end fiscal year on a high note

They missed revenue expectations by that much in the months before.

Kansas revenue report for May just below expectations

Kansas was expecting to run a $900 million deficit.

They had a lot of problems, including the State Supreme Court that ruled education spending was inadequate. The State needed more money, and after years of waiting for the money to flood in, they could not wait anymore.

1) simple arithmetic.
View attachment 149122

1) Simple arithmetic.
b)the excess money is

It is that simple.
It's not hard to understand. Liberals just lie continually. Once you understand that, it all makes sense. They lie about everything.

You are dumber than a brick.
My apologies to bricks.
This is not one of your typical, twice a day moments, right winger. You are wrong, simply Because, I say so.

Last edited:

YOU were saying???

TOPEKA
Nothing but right wing, special pleading in a vacuum, like usual. Seems like, fantasy.

The revenue news comes roughly a month after the Kansas Legislature overcame Gov. Sam Brownback’s veto and approved a tax increase expected to raise roughly $600 million annually in the 2018 and 2019 fiscal years.

Read more here: Kansas beats June revenue projections by $72 million to end fiscal year on a high note

Enjoy.

Very true

And sometimes helping one group is good for the entire country

1) simple arithmetic.
View attachment 149122

1) Simple arithmetic.
b)the excess money is

It is that simple.
Oinkonomics

How do explain the fact that only when the porcine Plutes' tax rate quit dropping dramatically did the tax revenues rise dramatically? All your other points are also one-sided. For example, you pretend that the government hides its revenue under a mattress.

As I pointed out in the first comment, it is extremely hard to get through some very dense people's brains that growing Federal Tax revenue in the short run will work by increasing the tax rates NO question! As more and more people pay more taxes they have to ask,"why am I working my butt off to pay for idiocies like below?"
BUT if in the process of controlling idiocies like the below (Which Trump is doing!!!) AND reducing tax rates, the following ratio will also REDUCE as tax revenues increase!
Screen Shot 2017-09-14 at 9.54.47 AM.png

Top 7 Wackiest Examples of Wasteful Government Spending from Wastebook 2014
1. The National Institute of Health’s Center for Alternative and Complimentary Medicine spent $387,000 to study the effects of Swedish massages on rabbits.
2. The Department of Interior spent $10,000 to monitor the growth rate of saltmarsh grass. In other words, the government is paying people to watch grass grow. On the bright side, they have not started paying people to watch paint dry.
3. The National Science Foundation has granted more than $200,000 to a research project that is trying to determine how and why Wikipedia’s War on Woman?
4. The National Institute of Health funded a study to see if mothers love dogs as much as they love kids. Regardless of the results, this experiment cost taxpayers $371,026.
5. The federal government has granted $804,254 for the development of a smartphone game called “Kiddio: Food Fight.” The game is intended to teach parents how to convince their children to try and eat new healthier food choices.
6. The National Endowment for the Humanities has provided $47,000 for undergraduate classes that teach students about laughing and humor.
7. The National Science Foundation spent $856,000 to teach mountain lions how to walk on treadmills as part of a research project whose aim was to better understand mountain lions’ instincts.
Top 7 Wackiest Examples of Wasteful Government Spending from Wastebook 2014

Why is it so hard to understand that TAX cuts INCREASES tax revenues?

It's not hard to understand, and equally not hard to reject as mindless BULLSHIT.

Liberals pay taxes, Economists pay taxes and guess what, nobody LIKES to pay taxes, so if there was some way to pay less while government would collect more EVERYONE would be for it.

But like most free lunches that are too good to be true, self financing revenue increasing tax rate reductions from current tax rates is simply NOT TRUE, as economists left right and center will assure you.

Even rightwinger like Laffer himself, after whom the Laffer Curve is named would not say that Bush's tax cuts self-financed (never mind INCREASED revenues)

Tax Cuts Don't Boost Revenues

Last edited:

Forum List

Back