Why is it not permitted to call someone a "pedophile" or ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

K9Buck

Platinum Member
Dec 25, 2009
… a child molester? Don't misunderstand. I'm not complaining and I have no need to call someone such a thing. I realize it's a horrible smear, but it seems that all other smears are permitted. And I support permitting such expression. After all, myself or anyone else here can use the "ignore" function if someone's post(s) sufficiently offend them. It's just that it seems inconsistent to permit people to call others "racist" or "white supremacist" or "faggot", etc. but ban the "pedophile" pejorative.

… a child molester? Don't misunderstand. I'm not complaining and I have no need to call someone such a thing. I realize it's a horrible smear, but it seems that all other smears are permitted. And I support permitting such expression. After all, myself or anyone else here can use the "ignore" function if someone's post(s) sufficiently offend them. It's just that it seems inconsistent to permit people to call others "racist" or "white supremacist" or "faggot", etc. but ban the "pedophile" pejorative.

Personal attack, usually

I have NO problem calling a pervert that has sex with minors a PEDOPHILE. That's what these disgusting individuals ARE, PEDOPHILES.

I know the thread is now closed, but I can't resist... Certainly the rule only applies to attacks on members. Not on public figures. And it's HARD to pick out the WORST types of "personal attacks" to ban... But if you leave the WORST ONES as an option,,, they will certainly get OVER-USED by the low effort flamers....

So way back in the Cretacious Era of USMB, the 3 WORST personal attacks were staked out as "off limits".. Those are family, bestiality, and pedophilia... The rational really is -- take those away and flamer has to get more creative and entertaining... :2up:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back