Why is fox so dominant??? A different take...

newpolitics

vegan atheist indy
Sep 27, 2008
I wrote this post in a response on the original, "why is fox so dominant." I was so pleased with how it came out, I wanted to post it here so everybody can see it, and I wanted to see how people responded. I am predicting that right-wingers simply dodge everything, deny everything, and launch of a slew of attempted retaliatory attacks via name calling, slander, what have, or maybe I am wrong, but here it is...

Also, You all my consider this type of reposting lame, and to be honest, in editing, I kind of regret doing it, and fear I may have embarassed myself on this forum. I for the record, do not consider myself as a liberal, just one who can't stand ego. I did it because I am growing very tired of republican ideologies, and I felt that this captured sentiment I have had about the right for a while now, and has been growing and growing. I finally got it out here, and though it was in reference to fox news, I believe it sufficiently encompasses my general view on contemporary republican ideology and those who adhere to it. Please, unleash your most scathing attacks. I love it. While, some may be able to see that in some sense, my post is a bit hypocritical in that I am engaging in the same kind of hate at the right, I just can't let the right get away with what they are doing anymore. They have this rhetoric that for some reason is untouchable, because of classifications and labels then applied to those nay-sayers, and fear of public slander. I have trying to find ways to characterize their abusive and childish rhetoric, and this is the closest I have come so far.

"The reason that fox is so dominant is because people with idiotic beliefs that don't follow logical sense need people to constantly pump false ideas up their ass else they fall apart under the massive amount of bullshit that makes them up. End of story. You all can't see that, because you simply won't, because you're ego is too intertwined with a concept of America that you're fathers and mothers taught you, and those in your small little town, and you have never challenged it on your own and thought to think for yourself. It's kind of 'being cool' to believe what you believe, and all of the ego heads have turned fox into this elite club where everything they think and believe is right, and everyone is out of the club, all of them insulating each other against the possibility of intrusion by different beliefs into their own belief structure, which shapes the way they see the world, and the strength of their beliefs is in direct proportion to their psychological need simply to reinforce notions that strengthen their ego. Some lefties are guilty of this too, as it is part of the human condition to be vulnerable, and seek things that appear to diminish this vulnerability- the ego. This is a false construction that only leads to the intolerance and hate growing by engendering an 'us versus them' attitude, apparent most notably within the republican party.

I bet you have an incredibly large percentage of republicans who literally need to watch fox to feel like someone else believe what they do, and have a very small percentage of liberals of who watch cnn or msnbc, because they lack this need to listen their own beliefs spewed back at them, because they don't require reinforcement to for their beliefs to simply exist on their own.

Oh, and another reason is what I like to call the "Howard Stern" affect. The stuff they say on fox is so shocking and ridiculous, and it makes you so mad, that you have to watch just to see what kind of stupid shit they are going to say next. People don't watch NBC as much because they spew things that are common sense, and people who understand that don't need it pumped upped their ass, because it's logical, and stands on it's own, without having to be reinforced.

You all, getting all excited that you share this enthusiasm for fox news, reminds me of a cult. A deluded cult who need eachother to validate their beliefs. Without eachother making one another feel validated, you're beliefs would fall under their own lack of a real supportive structure. It is an illusion. You're arguements lack cohesion and logic, and are fueled simply by the desire to uphold them allowed by personal denial of insecurity, and latching on these false notions of America to escape personal problems. It's really the same idea as terrorists and skin heads, who are so poor, destitute, or pathetic, that they seek an escape in the acceptance of an extreme ideology that almost obliterates the self and brings people together in a single goal, usually one marred by intolerance, hate, and violence, to strengthen the idea of the self, the ego, the "us versus them" attitude, which is exactly the attitude the right garner and exude every time they open their mouth to speak on politics."

Last edited:
I wrote this post in a response on the original, "why is fox so dominant." I was so pleased with how it came out, I wanted to post it here so everybody can see it, and I wanted to see how people responded. I am predicting that right-wingers simply dodge everything, deny everything, and launch of a slew of attempted retaliatory attacks via name calling, slander, what have, or maybe I am wrong, but here it is...

"Christ. You righties are so delusional it's scary.

The reason that fox is so dominant is because people with idiotic beliefs that don't follow logical sense need people to constantly pump false ideas up their ass else they fall apart under the massive amount of bullshit that makes them up. End of story. You all can't see that, because you simply won't, because you're ego is too intertwined with a concept of America that you're fathers and mothers taught you, and those in your small little town, and you have never challenged it on your own and thought to think for yourself. It's kind of 'being cool' to believe what you believe, and all of the ego heads have turned fox into this elite club where everything they think and believe is right, and everyone is out of the club, all of them insulating each other against the possibility of intrusion by different beliefs into their own belief structure, which shapes the way they see the world, and the strength of their beliefs is in direct proportion to their psychological need simply to reinforce notions that strengthen their ego. Some lefties are guilty of this too, as it is part of the human condition to be vulnerable, and seek things that appear to diminish this vulnerability- the ego. This is a false construction that only leads to the intolerance and hate growing by engendering an 'us versus them' attitude, apparent most notably within the republican party.

I bet you have an incredibly large percentage of republicans who literally need to watch fox to feel like someone else believe what they do, and have a very small percentage of liberals of who watch cnn or msnbc, because they lack this need to listen their own beliefs spewed back at them, because they don't require reinforcement to for their beliefs to simply exist on their own.

Oh, and another reason is what I like to call the "Howard Stern" affect. The stuff they say on fox is so shocking and ridiculous, and it makes you so mad, that you have to watch just to see what kind of stupid shit they are going to say next. People don't watch NBC as much because they spew things that are common sense, and people who understand that don't need it pumped upped their ass, because it's logical, and stands on it's own, without having to be reinforced.

You all, getting all excited that you share this enthusiasm for fox news, reminds me of a cult. A deluded cult who need eachother to validate their beliefs. Without eachother making one another feel validated, you're beliefs would fall under their own lack of a real supportive structure. It is an illusion. You're arguements lack cohesion and logic, and are fueled simply by the desire to uphold them allowed by personal denial of insecurity, and latching on these false notions of America to escape personal problems. It's really the same idea as terrorists and skin heads, who are so poor, destitute, or pathetic, that they seek an escape in the acceptance of an extreme ideology that almost obliterates the self and brings people together in a single goal, usually one marred by intolerance, hate, and violence, to strengthen the idea of the self, the ego, the "us versus them" attitude, which is exactly the attitude the right garner and exude every time they open their mouth to speak on politics."

What ever you say chief.

basically what you are saying is after all that debate in the other thread. Your mind is unchanged and you grew tired of it and tried to start a new debate expecting a different outcome.

You know what they say about trying the same thing over and over expecting different results right :)

Last edited:
What are you talking about? I reposted my thread so it would get more exposure, as opposed to being shut away after two subsequent posts, which would happen in a right-wing dominated thread. It has nothing to do with trying to repost because I didn't get responses. I reposted this thread immediately after I wrote it without there being even time for responses. Nice try dickhead. Anything else? Did you even read it? I doubt it. Just talking shit, as usual.

Last edited:
What are you talking about? I reposted my thread so it would get more exposure, as opposed to being shut away after two subsequent posts, which would happen in a right-wing dominated thread. It has nothing to do with trying to repost because I didn't get responses. I reposted this thread immediately after I wrote it without there being even time for responses. Nice try dickhead. Anything else? Did you even read it? I doubt it. Just talking shit, as usual.

Now now no need to start in with the name calling :)

I am just not sure why you felt you had to re post it. I been active on the other thread. I would not call it Right wing Dominated. In fact nothing on this board seems to be. However if you see it that way, I am not going to argue with you.

I certainly understand how it sucks when you think you made a well though out post, and it quickly gets buried by multiple 1 line responses and stuff that is not even relevant to the thread.

however I do think my post about repeating the same thing is valid. What makes you think the responses on this one will be any different.

In fact why do you expect a civil debate with people who do not think the same as you on the subject when your entire argument is that everyone who watches fox is an idiot who needs to be spoon fed.

Me personally I watch them all from time to time. I watch fox the most, mainly because it is the most entertaining to watch, and because as I have said they are the only ones that lean right. So I watch them more than each of the others alone because IMO anyways all the others are batting for the same team anyways.

I stand by my original comment on the other thread. FOX is dominate because the have cornered the market share. Call it what you want, Conservative news, Right wing News, or as you like to call it news for idiots, the result is the same. They have a product there is a high demand for, and no competition.

Now now no need to start in with the name calling :)

I am just not sure why you felt you had to re post it. I been active on the other thread. I would not call it Right wing Dominated. In fact nothing on this board seems to be. However if you see it that way, I am not going to argue with you.

I certainly understand how it sucks when you think you made a well though out post, and it quickly gets buried by multiple 1 line responses and stuff that is not even relevant to the thread.

however I do think my post about repeating the same thing is valid. What makes you think the responses on this one will be any different.

In fact why do you expect a civil debate with people who do not think the same as you on the subject when your entire argument is that everyone who watches fox is an idiot who needs to be spoon fed.

Me personally I watch them all from time to time. I watch fox the most, mainly because it is the most entertaining to watch, and because as I have said they are the only ones that lean right. So I watch them more than each of the others alone because IMO anyways all the others are batting for the same team anyways.

I stand by my original comment on the other thread. FOX is dominate because the have cornered the market share. Call it what you want, Conservative news, Right wing News, or as you like to call it news for idiots, the result is the same. They have a product there is a high demand for, and no competition.

Sorry for calling you a dickhead. You're right about most of what you said. I guess I don't expect a civil debate. I just want the people who really piss me off to be pissed off, and feel the same frustration they cause me, and who I feel are legimitately making this world a more intolerant place when so many, past and present and sacrificed so much to bring us together and break down barriers. To see us sliding backwards like this, ideologically and socially, is very disconcerting to me, and is causing me to hate this country, and I don't want to hate my country. I want to love my country. That is something I have never known. I love the idea of America very much, that for which it stands, but in practice, in reality, we are shit. We are filled with a bunch of bad people, and as with most of the world, the evil always prevail: the greedy, the vain, the glutonous, the hateful, and all in the name of 'goodness-' it is the ultimate and completely transparent hypocrisy, which is unbelievably infuriating, and they are getting away with it. Admittedly, I am an extraordinarily angry person, at myself, and as a result, at the world, and this anger at the right certainly is an extension of that anger, but I don't think that necessarily detracts from the validity of my stance, or the logic contained therein. I am being overly honest, and perhaps inappropriately so, as this is not a pych board, but I do it to make a point. We need to be more honest with eachother, but first, with ourselves. Now, I am preaching. I will stop, but I really respect your post.

I agree with you that fox does dominate the target market, and that is certainly a reason for their success. What irks me is that they tout their ratings as being somehow related to the legitimacy of their teachings, and I called them teachings beacuse that is what they attempt to do: to teach us their point of view, as oppose to shed light on things, which is more in the vein of Rachel and Keith. The way Glenn and O'reilly gloat about their ratings is innappriorate, because it is supposed to be a news channel. What it implies is their own willingness to simply produce material simply for ratings, and in way, exposes their own willingness to lie to produce ratings, and their own 'raison d'etre,' as being a channel simply to gain ratings, not to share valuable viewpoints that help this world by shedding light on things that are being covered up. I think they help the cover up. They aid in creating ignorance and intolerance. OF course that is going to attract ratings. That is evil. People love evil. People love Paris Hilton. people love the Jersey shore. people love Jerry Springer. People love fox news. Same thing. No different. That is my take on it. I'm not saying MSNBC is saintly. I think they can be a little too far left sometimes as well, and it pisses me off as well.

Last edited:
Or maybe it's because everyone in the world doesnt think the way you do. Perhaps they just realized that they could tap a market of people and make money by giving news that wasnt so blatantly biased an in lock step with everything else. Maybe they realized that people might like different ideas.

For future reference, if you reach conclusions based on the assumption that you are superior and everyone else is inferior, you are probably wrong. And you probably need to analyze the facts in front of you a little clearer.

Or maybe it's because everyone in the world doesnt think the way you do. Perhaps they just realized that they could tap a market of people and make money by giving news that wasnt so blatantly biased an in lock step with everything else. Maybe they realized that people might like different ideas.

For future reference, if you reach conclusions based on the assumption that you are superior and everyone else is inferior, you are probably wrong. And you probably need to analyze the facts in front of you a little clearer.

The way I think? That people are mostly full of shit, especially when trying to impose their beliefs on EVERYONE else? I am simply observing, that is all, and trying to identify what it is that is going on with the republican party, because it smells really bad. Maybe fox is not in lock stop with everything else, because it is so delusional and a complete distortion of the reality that we all live in. I guess it makes sense in that, the republican party is largely controlled by the religious right, who themselves, are very delusional, because of their hypocritical religious christian beliefs, where they claim to follow the teachings of Jesus, yet are greedy, war-propogating people who use their Christianity to divide rather than unite. If they are so Christian, what happened to 'love your enemy, for they know not what they do.' Not, let's go bomb them and rearrange their political structure to conform to our own. That is not Christian. Their hypocrisy is comprehensive, permeating every part of their belief structure, which is why it is so deluded.

Different ideas is one thing. Different ideas that promote intolerance and hate are another.

How did I reach an assumption that I am superior? I simply stated an opinion that basically, contemporary republicans and their ideology are toxic. Though a strong opinion, I never said or even implied that I was better because I never posited my own position, so therefore can not be above or below. I remain neutral, as simply an observe calling out trends. I am allowed to do that. I said that I am not even liberal. I have serious problems with both sides of the spectrum, its just the right are the ones are so noticeably ass-bound, that it demands some kind of a analysis.

What facts do I need to analyze clearer? That's a very generic response that really doesn't mean anything given that there were no real facts given in the original post. It was mostly conjecture, and the points that I am making are to refute the general flavor of the rhetoric of the republican party, based on their skewing of facts to make arguements that incite strong emotion to garner more follwers.

This is a pretty weak response, and ironically, is quite what I think about you. Obviously you weren't able to understand what I wrote. You read it with your eyes, but you weren't paying attention, because it would cause you to question you're own stance. I wouldn't expect that much from people whom I have to assume are intellectually stunted, simply because they are able to swallow such rhetoric, take it at face value, and believe it on such a deep level. Now, I am being arrogant, and I am saying that I am superior, and that you are inferior, and without apology. I can make no other conclusion for someone who really believes what people are feeding you. MSNBC doens't feed me ideas. I barely EVER watch it. I probably watch fox more than I watch MSNBC, because it's so insane and ridiculous, I find it entertaining at how out it is. I don't even have cable in my apartement. The only time I ever watch cable is when I go to my parents house to visit, which is maybe once every two weeks, at best, so you really have nothing to go on.

Your whole OP is very simplistic and sounds like my ten year old's view of the world. :doubt:

Also, You all my consider this type of reposting lame, and to be honest, in editing, I kind of regret doing it, and fear I may have embarassed myself on this forum. I for the record, do not consider myself as a liberal, just one who can't stand ego. I did it because I am growing very tired of republican ideologies, and I felt that this captured sentiment I have had about the right for a while now, and has been growing and growing. I finally got it out here, and though it was in reference to fox news, I believe it sufficiently encompasses my general view on contemporary republican ideology and those who adhere to it. Please, unleash your most scathing attacks. I love it. While, some may be able to see that in some sense, my post is a bit hypocritical in that I am engaging in the same kind of hate at the right, I just can't let the right get away with what they are doing anymore. They have this rhetoric that for some reason is untouchable, because of classifications and labels then applied to those nay-sayers, and fear of public slander. I have trying to find ways to characterize their abusive and childish rhetoric, and this is the closest I have come so far.

"The reason that fox is so dominant is because people with idiotic beliefs that don't follow logical sense need people to constantly pump false ideas up their ass else they fall apart under the massive amount of bullshit that makes them up. End of story. You all can't see that, because you simply won't, because you're ego is too intertwined with a concept of America that you're fathers and mothers taught you, and those in your small little town, and you have never challenged it on your own and thought to think for yourself. It's kind of 'being cool' to believe what you believe, and all of the ego heads have turned fox into this elite club where everything they think and believe is right, and everyone is out of the club, all of them insulating each other against the possibility of intrusion by different beliefs into their own belief structure, which shapes the way they see the world, and the strength of their beliefs is in direct proportion to their psychological need simply to reinforce notions that strengthen their ego. Some lefties are guilty of this too, as it is part of the human condition to be vulnerable, and seek things that appear to diminish this vulnerability- the ego. This is a false construction that only leads to the intolerance and hate growing by engendering an 'us versus them' attitude, apparent most notably within the republican party.

82099197-1.jpg

"Christ. You righties are so delusional it's scary.

The reason that fox is so dominant is because people with idiotic beliefs that don't follow logical sense need people to constantly pump false ideas up their ass else they fall apart under the massive amount of bullshit that makes them up. End of story. You all can't see that, because you simply won't, because you're ego is too intertwined with a concept of America that you're fathers and mothers taught you, and those in your small little town, and you have never challenged it on your own and thought to think for yourself. It's kind of 'being cool' to believe what you believe, and all of the ego heads have turned fox into this elite club where everything they think and believe is right, and everyone is out of the club, all of them insulating each other against the possibility of intrusion by different beliefs into their own belief structure, which shapes the way they see the world, and the strength of their beliefs is in direct proportion to their psychological need simply to reinforce notions that strengthen their ego. Some lefties are guilty of this too, as it is part of the human condition to be vulnerable, and seek things that appear to diminish this vulnerability- the ego. This is a false construction that only leads to the intolerance and hate growing by engendering an 'us versus them' attitude, apparent most notably within the republican party.

What ever you say chief.

basically what you are saying is after all that debate in the other thread. Your mind is unchanged and you grew tired of it and tried to start a new debate expecting a different outcome.

You know what they say about trying the same thing over and over expecting different results right :)

Yo Charles.............how astute...........and of course, we all know what the definition of "insantiy" is: Doing the same thing over and over and expectting a different outcome!!!!!!!!:lol: Newpolitics needs a beer and a plan!!

Last edited:

Pretty amazing stuff.....I maintain to this day that black people voted for Obama simply because he WAS BLACK plain and simple. I'm sure 90+ % did so just for that reason.I heard plenty of people being interviewed after the nomination of Obama and these people could not wait for their mortgage and health care to be paid for by Obama.The day after the new health care bill was passed how many people showed up at health care facilities demanding their new free health care.:cuckoo:

Last edited:

Pretty amazing stuff.....I maintain to this day that black people voted for Obama simply because he WAS BLACK plain and simple. I'm sure 90+ % did so just for that reason.I heard plenty of people being interviewed after the nomination of Obama and these people could not wait for their mortgage and health care to be paid for by Obama.The day after the new health care bill was passed how many people showed up at health care facilities demanding their new free health care.:cuckoo:

car payments too...........vids on the intanets

I love how these 2 sentences go together in the OP

"I am predicting that right-wingers simply dodge everything, deny everything, and launch of a slew of attempted retaliatory attacks via name calling, slander, what have, or maybe I am wrong, but here it is...

The reason that fox is so dominant is because people with idiotic beliefs that don't follow logical sense need people to constantly pump false ideas up their ass else they fall apart under the massive amount of bullshit that makes them up."

Yeah, that has to be it.

Your whole OP is very simplistic and sounds like my ten year old's view of the world. :doubt:

If it is so simplistic, can you tell me in one sentence what it is I was trying to say, old man?

Forum List

Back