Why is fantasy and sci fi more accepted now than during the 2000s?

JakeWIlls92

Gold Member
Apr 6, 2014
I recall that fantasy shows and "Battlestar Galactica" were seen as shows that only "People who live in basements watched" but now stuff like that is more acceptable.

What could have been
Hxi60GU.jpg

vs

What we actually got
NlKQ8Ue.jpg

All this stuff we have on TV now I wish we had back in the early 2010s.

It would also have been cool if society saw Western animation as something not only for kids or raunchy adult comedy but something that would lower the cost of serious adult oriented sci fi.

Why was society less open minded in the 2000s?

Was society too enthralled with Hollywood style materialism to be excited for space travel and the future?

I recall that fantasy shows and "Battlestar Galactica" were seen as shows that only "People who live in basements watched" but now stuff like that is more acceptable.

What could have been
Hxi60GU.jpg

vs

What we actually got
NlKQ8Ue.jpg

It would also have been cool if society saw Western animation as something not only for kids or raunchy adult comedy but something that would lower the cost of serious adult oriented sci fi.

Was society too enthralled with Hollywood style materialism to be excited for space travel and the future?

Since when? Me thinks you lived in a very weird place.

Didn't the Lord of the Rings trilogy come out, smash records & win numerous Academy Awards starting in 2001?

I don't think sci-fi/fantasy ever went out of style.
Some people love it & others not so much, same as always.

OP, you're wrong on multiple fronts.

However, the graphics are better.

What could have been
Hxi60GU.jpg

vs

What we actually got
NlKQ8Ue.jpg

Marvel, DC universe, Dr WHO?

Forum List

Back