Why is Eli Manning not considered not a average QB?

Eli's legacy WILL take a hit This season as it will showcase how average to below average he has become. Just as Peyton's will for excactly the reasons forcast by 9/11. The NFC West will chew the Broncos up and spit them out. The only good news for the older Manning is that the rest of the AFC West will suffer the same fate this season so there will be no seperation because of the schedule.

That leaves the door open for even a so-so Patriots team to take the lead in the American Conference home field advantage at the end of the season.

If the Pats make it to the Super Bowl The Seahawks should deliver the same message to the NFL that they did in SB 48.

They won't say that Brady choked... They will just point to the Seahawks as the new Dynasty.

Yes, it was a thing of beauty. And coincidentally, Billicheat has not had his club back to win the Super Bowl since his Cam Corder was taken away. REAL football fans will always remember that little detail.:D

I have a feeling were in for some more Belecheat entertainment this year because something that I know you'll find entertaining now is that one of the patriot players was saying after the superbowl that he was glad they lost that AFC title game to the donkeys because had they won and gone on to the superbowl,they would have been the team that would have suffered getting humilated by the seahawks instead of the donkeys and had that happened,Tom Bradys legacy would have REALLY taken a big hit from that loss getting blown out like they would have.:D:lol::lol:

Bradys legacy would have really taken a major hit much worse than Mannings did because Mannings legacy prior to that,had already been very questionable.He hasnt been able to shake the label that he puts up impressive numbers in the regular season but when he faces top notch competition in big games,he chokes.

except for all the naive people who picked the donkeys to win the superbowl last year not understanding that Manning hadnt faced a defense anything like the seahawks all year long,for the people like me who knew better,it was no surprise whatsoever to see him play so bad in that game because he has yet to shed that reputation that he chokes in big games against top notch competetion so HIS legacy was ALREADY damaged at that point and he just added fuel to the fire in that superbowl where with Brady,in the last two superbowls he had a chance to win those games in the final two minutes so had it been the pats that went on and played the superbowl,it would have been brady instead of manning suffering a humilating defeat like the donkeys did instead and since Brady had never suffered a superbowl loss with a blowout before,HIS legacy would have REALLY taken a huge hit much worse than mannings did.:D

The reason i think we are going to be in for some more great belecheat entertainment this year is because i think you are going to see those two teams in the AFC championship game again because the ACF is so weak and the reason it will be funny is because since the donkeys have to play the NFC west teams this year,dont look for them to make it back to the superbowl.I think the AFC game will be in boston and on the road in playoff games,Manning doesnt do so well.

each time these two teams have played each other in the title game,the home team always went to the superbowl. I think Manning will be so physically beat up this year being a year older and having to play against the physical NFC west,that it will wear him out so badly that he wont play very well down the stretch and it will be bradys turn to get humilated by the seahawks in the superbowl this year.:D

Whaaaat? What kind of crazy rant is this? :cuckoo: Links or it didn't happen.

yeah right like EVERYTHING is going to be on the net.:cuckoo: the net doesnt print EVERYTHING thats posted in newspapers.:cuckoo:

Eli's legacy WILL take a hit This season as it will showcase how average to below average he has become. Just as Peyton's will for excactly the reasons forcast by 9/11. The NFC West will chew the Broncos up and spit them out. The only good news for the older Manning is that the rest of the AFC West will suffer the same fate this season so there will be no seperation because of the schedule.

That leaves the door open for even a so-so Patriots team to take the lead in the American Conference home field advantage at the end of the season.

If the Pats make it to the Super Bowl The Seahawks should deliver the same message to the NFL that they did in SB 48.

They won't say that Brady choked... They will just point to the Seahawks as the new Dynasty.

they they will have no choice by that time to admit that they are the new dynasty.

Once your legacy is built it does not take a hit. Didn't affect Johnny Unitas, Bart Starr, Joe Namath

If Eli Manning has a decent line and his receivers are healthy, he will have a good year
If not, he and the team will struggle

Why, because the Giants embarrassed the Cheating Putriots and made their coach storm off the field before the game was over? IT WAS ONE OF THE MOST BEAUTIFUL SITES I HAVE EVER SEEN!

I laughed and laughed and laughed and laughed and if I watch the replay today.....I LAUGH SOME MORE! :badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:

I am sure Billicheat is coming up with some more devious ways to get around NFL rules and since his owner and Roger G are butt buddies, he will probably get away with it.

that was really sweet seeing Belecheat lose that superbowl.It was especially sweet since victory was right there in his grasp,that if they make that play and sack Manning on fourth down,they walk away winning that game and top the dolphins as having the best undefeated season in NFL history but because of that miracle play,the Giants go on and win and the pats have that one blemish on their season.:D

I guarantee that superbowl lost was severely depressing to both the players and Belecheat.:D O guarantee that because one of the dolphin players from the 72 undefeated team said years later that had they not won that superbowl,winning all those games in the regular season would have meant absolutlely nothing to them.That it would have all been for nothing had they lost.so i guarantee you,the pats players were feeling the same way about that season as well.:D

It was so sweet,it was right there in their grasp and they were being teased to go on and win it all and break a record but it got snatched away from them in the final two minutes of that game.:D:lol::lol::dance:

Wow! Someone who dwells on something that happened . . . how many years ago? Obviously a hater.
smiley-rolleyes007.gif

obviously someone who cant stand to hear critisem of Belecheat.:lol: damn right I hate cheaters.especially overrated hacks who get billed as the greatest coach ever when they were a miserable failure with a previous team and is only called the greatest coach now because a rare great named Tom Brady came along and saved it from the toilet where he was stuck before brady his career.:cuckoo:

I cant wait till Brady retires.then the whole world will see what an overrated hack of a coach he really is when he doesnt have him there to make him look good anymore.:lol: They used to say the same thing about Mike Shannahan when Elway was winning superbowls for him that he was a genius but once Elway retired,he was exposed for the overrated hack he was.same thing will happen to Belecheat in a couple years or so especially since the guy they drafted to replace him for the future was a BACKUP in college.:D

that was really sweet seeing Belecheat lose that superbowl.It was especially sweet since victory was right there in his grasp,that if they make that play and sack Manning on fourth down,they walk away winning that game and top the dolphins as having the best undefeated season in NFL history but because of that miracle play,the Giants go on and win and the pats have that one blemish on their season.:D

I guarantee that superbowl lost was severely depressing to both the players and Belecheat.:D O guarantee that because one of the dolphin players from the 72 undefeated team said years later that had they not won that superbowl,winning all those games in the regular season would have meant absolutlely nothing to them.That it would have all been for nothing had they lost.so i guarantee you,the pats players were feeling the same way about that season as well.:D

It was so sweet,it was right there in their grasp and they were being teased to go on and win it all and break a record but it got snatched away from them in the final two minutes of that game.:D:lol::lol::dance:

Wow! Someone who dwells on something that happened . . . how many years ago? Obviously a hater.
smiley-rolleyes007.gif

obviously someone who cant stand to hear critisem of Belecheat.:lol: damn right I hate cheaters.especially overrated hacks who get billed as the greatest coach ever when they were a miserable failure with a previous team and is only called the greatest coach now because a rare great named Tom Brady came along and saved it from the toilet where he was stuck before brady his career.:cuckoo:

I cant wait till Brady retires.then the whole world will see what an overrated hack of a coach he really is when he doesnt have him there to make him look good anymore.:lol: They used to say the same thing about Mike Shannahan when Elway was winning superbowls for him that he was a genius but once Elway retired,he was exposed for the overrated hack he was.same thing will happen to Belecheat in a couple years or so especially since the guy they drafted to replace him for the future was a BACKUP in college.:D

The Pats went 11-5 without Brady....

smiley-rolleyes007.gif

when you got randy moss to throw to who was at that time playing the game with love and passion and was being considered at the time as comparable to jerry rice before eventually becoming a slacker,you could have put me or you back there and you would have had a great offense to light up the boards and of course win lots of games .:lol:

the chiefs also went 10-6 one time with the same quarterback that year when they had todd haley so i guess that means todd haley is automatically a good coach by that logic:lol::lol: or it COULD be that was just a fluke year for haley and belecheat,the much more realistic explanation.:lol::lol::lol::D

Last edited:
I still say that Billicheat stole AFC East championships when he was cheating. It is hard to tell how many. I know lots of fans from other teams that feel the same way.

players of the rams even warner and faulk have said they have their doubts on if he cheated in that superbowl saying they found it odd they knew exactly what plays they were calling.the fact that goddel destroyed the evidence of all of their practice games afterwards speaks volumns on his credibility.

after they cheated and won that superbowl,they then gained confidance knowing they could cheat.Goddel has hurt the intregrity of the game allowing him to stay in the NFL especially since MLB banned pete rose for betting on games.Rose gets banned for betting on games yet Belecheat gets off scott free.

I actually respect Brady. He is a very good QB. His coach is the one that I think is very low. How many AFC East Championships have the Patriots won because they cheated and recorded other teams? It is hard to say.

I am not sure the Patriots will make it to the AFC Championship, but the Broncos will most likely make it. Look for a wild card to come out of the AFC to challenge the Broncos.

Naw with how weak the AFC is i dont see the pats not making it back.They will have a lot of their players that were hurt on defense coming back this year like their middle run stuffer whatever his name was,he was a key loss for them.The pats were able to get by with those injurys in the regular season but against someone who matched up well against them,they were exposed.

I dont see the donkeys making ot back to the ACF title game though.Manning has to be perfect in all his games and thats asking too much for him to duplicate last years performance.

I am pulling for the pats to make it to the superbowl because yeah,while I respect brady and all,I would love to see that overrated hack belecheat suffer a blowout loss.:D:lol:

Belecheat is the most overrated hack of a coach there ever was.If not for tom brady he would be nothing.Tom Brady savd his career from the toilet.Before Brady came along he was a miserable failure.a complete zero. he was a complete failure in cleveland when he was there. all of a sudden brady comes along and saves his career from the toiletand all of a sudden he is regarded as the greatest coach ever.:cuckoo:

I have learned that my local radio sports station im my city,unlike ESPN and major sports like that,they arent afraid of brining that up about belecheat how he was a failure at cleveland and are objective about those things unlike ESPN who goes around calling him the greatest coach ever and the reason why is i have heard that if the people at ESPN and other main sports outlets like them dont kiss his ass,he wont grant them interviews and allow them to come into their locker room and interview the players there so privately,they will say they dont hink he is much of a coach but on the airways when they go public,they kiss his ass so they cant get interviews with im and the players.makes sense.

where my local sports station,the reason they are objective and dont kiss his ass like they do is because they dont care,they dont want to interview belecheat and his teammates because thats not their team so thats why THEY dont hold back and are more logical and objective when they say he is overrated and why THEY will bring up those facts how he was a failure at cleveland and his first season in NE before tom brady came along to sabe his career.

THEY dont care what belecheat thinks of them so they arent afraid to be objective and mention those facts about his failures at cleveland.at ESPN they wont talk about that on the airways and be objective about it cause they know if they tell the trtuh about him,they losr access to him and the players on that team so natuallly,they have to kiss his ass to get interviews with him.:D

Pats have GRONK back

And Darrelle Revis. :D

Naw with how weak the AFC is i dont see the pats not making it back.They will have a lot of their players that were hurt on defense coming back this year like their middle run stuffer whatever his name was,he was a key loss for them.The pats were able to get by with those injurys in the regular season but against someone who matched up well against them,they were exposed.

I dont see the donkeys making ot back to the ACF title game though.Manning has to be perfect in all his games and thats asking too much for him to duplicate last years performance.

I am pulling for the pats to make it to the superbowl because yeah,while I respect brady and all,I would love to see that overrated hack belecheat suffer a blowout loss.:D:lol:

Belecheat is the most overrated hack of a coach there ever was.If not for tom brady he would be nothing.Tom Brady savd his career from the toilet.Before Brady came along he was a miserable failure.a complete zero. he was a complete failure in cleveland when he was there. all of a sudden brady comes along and saves his career from the toiletand all of a sudden he is regarded as the greatest coach ever.:cuckoo:

I have learned that my local radio sports station im my city,unlike ESPN and major sports like that,they arent afraid of brining that up about belecheat how he was a failure at cleveland and are objective about those things unlike ESPN who goes around calling him the greatest coach ever and the reason why is i have heard that if the people at ESPN and other main sports outlets like them dont kiss his ass,he wont grant them interviews and allow them to come into their locker room and interview the players there so privately,they will say they dont hink he is much of a coach but on the airways when they go public,they kiss his ass so they cant get interviews with im and the players.makes sense.

where my local sports station,the reason they are objective and dont kiss his ass like they do is because they dont care,they dont want to interview belecheat and his teammates because thats not their team so thats why THEY dont hold back and are more logical and objective when they say he is overrated and why THEY will bring up those facts how he was a failure at cleveland and his first season in NE before tom brady came along to sabe his career.

THEY dont care what belecheat thinks of them so they arent afraid to be objective and mention those facts about his failures at cleveland.at ESPN they wont talk about that on the airways and be objective about it cause they know if they tell the trtuh about him,they losr access to him and the players on that team so natuallly,they have to kiss his ass to get interviews with him.:D

Pats have GRONK back

And Darrelle Revis. :D

Neither will last the season

Once your legacy is built it does not take a hit. Didn't affect Johnny Unitas, Bart Starr, Joe Namath

If Eli Manning has a decent line and his receivers are healthy, he will have a good year

I can say the same thing about Romo

when you got randy moss to throw to who was at that time playing the game with love and passion and was being considered at the time as comparable to jerry rice before eventually becoming a slacker,you could have put me or you back there and you would have had a great offense to light up the boards and of course win lots of games .:lol:

the chiefs also went 10-6 one time with the same quarterback that year when they had todd haley so i guess that means todd haley is automatically a good coach by that logic:lol::lol: or it COULD be that was just a fluke year for haley and belecheat,the much more realistic explanation.:lol::lol::lol::D

You said Belichick would be shown to be an overrated hack once Brady is gone. I showed you that in a full season without Brady, his team still went 11-5. Your Haley comparison is pretty senseless.

And by your logic, since having a great receiver means even a crappy QB will be able to 'light up the boards and of course win lots of games', the Lions should have been going to the playoffs for years now, right? Or is Calvin Johnson not that good? Are you aware that the Vikings failed to make the playoffs for 3 straight seasons while Moss played for the team?

There was a time before the internet when a "legacy" could be managed and/or preserved.

Many NFL QBs that had great runs and won many championships went on to other teams late in their carears ending up playing poorly or had no other super athletes to throw to or hand the ball off to and it did nothing to their legacys.

Now there is so much public inspection and discussion of every little thing that who really knows how much weight all the video clips and blogs and message boards will have as time goes on and the "what have you done for us lately" question gets asked publicly.

There may come a time sooner than later when a super star athlete considers retiring at or near the zienith of his body of work rather than have his "legacy" eroded by a drop off of his own skills or being in a circumstance beyond his control causing his stats and W/L record to take a hit.

There was a time before the internet when a "legacy" could be managed and/or preserved.

Many NFL QBs that had great runs and won many championships went on to other teams late in their carears ending up playing poorly or had no other super athletes to throw to or hand the ball off to and it did nothing to their legacys.

Now there is so much public inspection and discussion of every little thing that who really knows how much weight all the video clips and blogs and message boards will have as time goes on and the "what have you done for us lately" question gets asked publicly.

There may come a time sooner than later when a super star athlete considers retiring at or near the zienith of his body of work rather than have his "legacy" eroded by a drop off of his own skills or being in a circumstance beyond his control causing his stats and W/L record to take a hit.

both SB teams was because of the running game and defense, nothing to do with Eli

I can say the same thing about Romo

Romo won't last the season

both SB teams was because of the running game and defense, nothing to do with Eli

Fourth quarter comebacks with the game on the line had everything to do with Eli. Especially when you have to drive your team 85 yards for winning touchdowns, Eli did it TWICE. Only two other quarterbacks have managed to do it once

First of all let's take away the 1st SB for obvious reasons. So that gives him 1 SB and after winning that one he missed the playoffs 2 seasons in a row. Last season he was responsible for his team starting 0-6 and led the league in interceptions. And in between the 2008 SB and 2012 SB he missed the playoffs 2 times which means he missed the playoffs 4 times out of the last 5 years

So tell me again why does he always get a pass and not considered a borderline below average QB?

Eli Manning's TEAM has won two Super Bowls.

Eli Manning's TEAM missed the playoffs two seasons in a row.

Eli Manning's TEAM started last year 0-6.

Eli Manning has not had the receiving corps, or the offensive lines, or the running games, that his brother Peyton has enjoyed throughout his career.

The Giants, as a TEAM, have been a MESS offensively, due to injuries, free agency losses, and an overall lack of talent. Their defense has not been much better.

I am not an Eli Manning fan, but the man played his ass off in both Super Bowl victories, and showed me he was a big game WINNER, unlike his older brother.

Have the Manning brothers switch teams for a couple of seasons, and see who adapts better to their new team.

I would LOVE to see Peyton Manning play on a team with no offensive line, no wide receivers, and a haphazard running game. He would be on the disabled list faster than he could say "Better ingredients, better pizza, Papa Johns".

By the way, I am a diehard New England Patriots fan.

Fourth quarter comebacks with the game on the line had everything to do with Eli. Especially when you have to drive your team 85 yards for winning touchdowns, Eli did it TWICE. Only two other quarterbacks have managed to do it once

So using your logic... Eli Manning played better in his Super Bowls than Russell Wilson because he came from behind down a TD in the fourth qtr. Russell Wilson was up 36-0 until the last play of the third qtr so clearly he played worse than Manning..

:lol:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back