Why is Bruce Jenner not Arrested for Vehicular Manslaughter?

Wake

Easygoing Conservative
Jun 11, 2013
Could someone explain this to me?

He plowed into the back of another person's vehicle and pushed her into an oncoming Hummer. She died.

So Bruce wasn't texting, or distracted, or drunk. He still caused her death. What, nothing happens now?

Bruce Jenner will likely dodge manslaughter charge in crash - NY Daily News

Last I checked, if I were to plow into someone and push them into the path of an oncoming vehicle, and that person dies, I can be rightfully charged with vehicular manslaughter. Why does he get a pass? What if it were Trump, or anyone else, who did this?

What gives?

He plowed into the back of another person's vehicle and pushed her into an oncoming Hummer. She died.

So Bruce wasn't texting, or distracted, or drunk. He still caused her death. What, nothing happens now?

Last I checked, if I were to plow into someone and push them into the path of an oncoming vehicle, and that person dies, I can be rightfully charged with vehicular manslaughter. Why does he get a pass? What if it were Trump, or anyone else, who did this?

What gives?
It was a tragic accident, but which part of the law do you think Jenner broke?

PENAL CODE SECTION 187-199

He/she is in one of the untouchable groups. Cops would be accused of bigotry if they arrested Jenner.

While accidents happen, this one was so easily avoidable. I don't get why they minimize the negligence by saying it wasn't distracted driving, just speeding and following too close. Those things are just as bad. Point is that any reasonable person should know better. He was breaking the law and it ended in the worst way possible.

Since when is aggressive driving, which he was doing by going too fast and riding her bumper, something that is no big deal? Stupidity is the cause of most accidents and he is clearly guilty of that. Causing an accident when you aren't paying attention is really stupid, but causing one when you supposedly are paying attention is just as stupid. Apparently, Jenner is just a bad driver even when he's not drunk and is paying attention to what he's doing. Doesn't that make him a naturally dangerous driver since he can't blame alcohol or distraction? Get him off the road.

How would that work when Bruce Jenner was responsible for the death of that woman and now they would have to charge Caitlyn Jenner?

What gives?
Protected class status.

What gives?

Well just judging from the video and police reports PLUS what Jenner has admitted.
1, Speeding
2 Tailgating
3 Using a cell phone

Those add up to wreckless driving.

What gives?

It's the same reason that pond scum like OJ first evaded justice, or Michael Jackson, or Bill Cosby etc.

It's all about the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

What gives?

Well just judging from the video and police reports PLUS what Jenner has admitted.
1, Speeding
2 Tailgating
3 Using a cell phone

Those add up to wreckless driving.
This accident was investigated and the evidence proved he was not using his phone.

Who knows why you kaz? :dunno:

From wikipedia:

In the state of California, depending on the degree of recklessness and whether alcohol was involved, a person could be charged with progressively more serious offenses: vehicular manslaughter, vehicular manslaughter while intoxicated, gross vehicular manslaughter while intoxicated, or second-degree murder. In any of these cases, the prosecution must prove that the driver committed some wrongful act (which could be a felony, a misdemeanor, an infraction, or a lawful act that might cause death) and that the wrongful act caused the collision and the death of the victim. Murder charges are usually reserved for the most egregious cases, such as a convicted DUI offender who drives recklessly while intoxicated and thereby causes a fatal collision.

What "wrongful act" by Jenner resulted in the accident?

What gives?

He gets a pass and you don't because you're not having the same hormonal issues as Jenner. Maybe he wasn't texting, but my guess is he was applying lipstick and drying his nails.

Anybody want to cite the law which raises Jenner's actions from a tragic accident to felony vehicular manslaughter?

"187. (a) Murder is the unlawful killing of a human being, or a
fetus, with malice aforethought."

He made a CHOICE to speed while towing.
He made a CHOICE to tailgate while driving.

"
188. Such malice may be express or implied. It is express when
there is manifested a deliberate intention unlawfully to take away
the life of a fellow creature. It is implied, when no considerable
provocation appears, or when the circumstances attending the killing
show an abandoned and malignant heart.
When it is shown that the killing resulted from the intentional
doing of an act with express or implied malice as defined above, no
other mental state need be shown to establish the mental state of
malice aforethought. Neither an awareness of the obligation to act
within the general body of laws regulating society nor acting despite
such awareness is included within the definition of malice."

Malice WAS implied when he CHOSE to break the speed limit.

"
If you acted with gross negligence, you will be charged with Penal Code 192(c) gross vehicular manslaughter—a wobbler in California law. This offense may be charged as a misdemeanor or a felony.5

The maximum misdemeanor sentence is one (1) year in county jail—and the maximum felony sentence is six (6) years in state prison.6

But if you acted with only ordinary negligence, then Penal Code 192(c) is a California misdemeanor. The maximum sentence will be one (1) year in county jail.7"

THAT from here...
California Vehicular Manslaughter law - explained by defense lawyers

From wikipedia:

In the state of California, depending on the degree of recklessness and whether alcohol was involved, a person could be charged with progressively more serious offenses: vehicular manslaughter, vehicular manslaughter while intoxicated, gross vehicular manslaughter while intoxicated, or second-degree murder. In any of these cases, the prosecution must prove that the driver committed some wrongful act (which could be a felony, a misdemeanor, an infraction, or a lawful act that might cause death) and that the wrongful act caused the collision and the death of the victim. Murder charges are usually reserved for the most egregious cases, such as a convicted DUI offender who drives recklessly while intoxicated and thereby causes a fatal collision.

Speeding and following too close, both stupid things that are known to be factors in crashes. Jenner is a bad driver.

From wikipedia:

Speeding and following too close, both stupid things that are known to be factors in crashes. Jenner is a bad driver.

If they had sufficient evidence to prove that he was doing either of those things, he'd likely be charged.

Anybody want to cite the law which raises Jenner's actions from a tragic accident to felony vehicular manslaughter?

"187. (a) Murder is the unlawful killing of a human being, or a
fetus, with malice aforethought."

He made a CHOICE to speed while towing.
He made a CHOICE to tailgate while driving.

"
188. Such malice may be express or implied. It is express when
there is manifested a deliberate intention unlawfully to take away
the life of a fellow creature. It is implied, when no considerable
provocation appears, or when the circumstances attending the killing
show an abandoned and malignant heart.
When it is shown that the killing resulted from the intentional
doing of an act with express or implied malice as defined above, no
other mental state need be shown to establish the mental state of
malice aforethought. Neither an awareness of the obligation to act
within the general body of laws regulating society nor acting despite
such awareness is included within the definition of malice."

Malice WAS implied when he CHOSE to break the speed limit.

"
If you acted with gross negligence, you will be charged with Penal Code 192(c) gross vehicular manslaughter—a wobbler in California law. This offense may be charged as a misdemeanor or a felony.5

The maximum misdemeanor sentence is one (1) year in county jail—and the maximum felony sentence is six (6) years in state prison.6

But if you acted with only ordinary negligence, then Penal Code 192(c) is a California misdemeanor. The maximum sentence will be one (1) year in county jail.7"

THAT from here...
California Vehicular Manslaughter law - explained by defense lawyers
Isn't it a wonder that prosecution attorney's would love to have Caitlyn Jenners feather in their cap and if there were any way to obtain a conviction they would have already charged her. But they didn't because the elements that need to be there to obtain a conviction aren't there. so you won't see that charge. You may see a big civil trial but attorneys have already said there isn't any real damages the family can prove. My suggestion is get over it, the only people hurt here are the families of the dead, but they are all adults so proving damages is very hard in these courts.

From wikipedia:

If they had sufficient evidence to prove that he was doing either of those things, he'd likely be charged.

I believe they do and Jenner admitted as much. When you plow into the vehicle in front of you, it's either because you are going too fast, too close or you aren't paying attention. Jenner's vehicle was checked and brakes were fine. There were no slippery roads. It was Jenner's fault.

From wikipedia:

I believe they do and Jenner admitted as much. When you plow into the vehicle in front of you, it's either because you are going too fast, too close or you aren't paying attention. Jenner's vehicle was checked and brakes were fine. There were no slippery roads. It was Jenner's fault.

"Fault" and "criminally liable" are not the same thing.

because if one doesnt control herself ,,,,then that person commits suicide or something...and one feels guilty.

whatever.

Forum List

Back