Why is Bruce Jenner not Arrested for Vehicular Manslaughter?

So I'm seeing that in California if I end up killing someone in a car accident [without intent] I can get away with it without charges. People should be held responsible for their actions: someone is dead because of him yet it's apparently fine with some because he's a transsexual. Something tells me if a normal person went and killed someone in a car accident they wouldn't be treated nearly as highly as Bruce.
Here's the law ....

PENAL CODE SECTION 187-199

... show where his actions meet the definition of felony vehicular manslaughter...

He was not under the influence, speeding, or texting. Surveillance video showed he wasn't holding a phone either. There will likely be a civil suit for wrongful death but there was no criminal behavior or intent. The most they can say is following too closely or maybe driving too fast for conditions, both of which happen all the time just like accidents like this happen all the time unfortunately. So why is this one different? Why is he guilty when others are not who are involved in these types of accidents all over this country?

LOL-I didn't realize this thread was a couple days old. It popped up as new to me for some reason. Still can't navigate this forum since the switch.

So nevermind then but enjoy my commentary anyway. :wink:

Isn't he being sued over that? If not also facing prosecution?
Jenner is not facing criminal charges. Why would he be? He did nothing illegal. The first car slowed down abruptly, causing the middle car to bump it from behind, causing Jenner to bump the middle car. Jenner is at fault civilly since the car in the back is typically considered to be at fault, but he wasn't on his phone, wasn't drinking, and wasn't speeding. I've posted the California statute on vehicular manslaughter several times now -- and no one yet has been able to point out where Jenner committed a felony. :dunno:

So I'm seeing that in California if I end up killing someone in a car accident [without intent] I can get away with it without charges. People should be held responsible for their actions: someone is dead because of him yet it's apparently fine with some because he's a transsexual. Something tells me if a normal person went and killed someone in a car accident they wouldn't be treated nearly as highly as Bruce.

Please show me where anyone said he's getting away with this because he's transgender or where someone who wasn't would be treated any differently in this situation.

It still doesn't sit right with me.

So basically I can go at a rate of speed higher than the speed limit, ram someone from behind, kill that person, and not be charged with anything?

Let's see someone who isn't Jenner try to do the exact same thing.

It still doesn't sit right with me.

So basically I can go at a rate of speed higher than the speed limit, ram someone from behind, kill that person, and not be charged with anything?

Let's see someone who isn't Jenner try to do the exact same thing.
How fast above the speed limit was Jenner driving?

Eh, looks like it was a lower rate of speed than the speed limit, which means the other source I read was either wrong, or the one I'm reading now is.

Which basically means I can drive a bit slower than the speed limit, ram someone from behind, kill that person, and not be charged with anything.

To sum it up, I can rear-end someone, push them into traffic, and when that person gets hit by oncoming traffic I can't be charged at all.

I can do the same thing Jenner did, and I can it was an accident. I don't even have to keep a safe distance behind the car I'm about to hit, or pay attention.

Eh, looks like it was a lower rate of speed than the speed limit, which means the other source I read was either wrong, or the one I'm reading now is.

Which basically means I can drive a bit slower than the speed limit, ram someone from behind, kill that person, and not be charged with anything.
In which state is going slightly below the speed limit a crime?

That's not the point and you know it.

The point is not paying attention to the road, slamming someone from behind, and that person being of your actions.

Don't even try to be dishonest and evasive with me, Faun. Don't try to worm away from my points by quibbling over speed, while ignoring the whole picture that he killed someone by not paying attention and is basically getting away with it. In essence, I don't have to pay attention to the road, and when I hit you from behind and push you into oncoming traffic, and you die, I don't have to take any sort of responsibility for my actions. Now you respond to this, or I'll know you're not trying to be honest and upfront here. Don't think for one minute I won't spear you for being dishonest.

I really wonder what the response would be if Donald Trump did the very exact thing.

Killing someone by not paying attention to the road.

Bet FAUX and the liberal media wouldn't have a field day with it?

It's a shame.

I can kill people on the road by not paying attention, and take no responsibility.

That's not the point and you know it.

The point is not paying attention to the road, slamming someone from behind, and that person being of your actions.

Don't even try to be dishonest and evasive with me, Faun. Don't try to worm away from my points by quibbling over speed, while ignoring the whole picture that he killed someone by not paying attention and is basically getting away with it. In essence, I don't have to pay attention to the road, and when I hit you from behind and push you into oncoming traffic, and you die, I don't have to take any sort of responsibility for my actions. Now you respond to this, or I'll know you're not trying to be honest and upfront here. Don't think for one minute I won't spear you for being dishonest.
What you call "quibbling over speed" is really you trying to compensate for your idiotic remark earlier that Jenner's speeding contributed to the accident. Which of course, was complete bullshit since Jenner wasn't speeding.

Now you wanna convict him for hitting someone from behind ... but what about the car he hit? Isn't that driver guilty for rear ending the car in front of her, which is what caused Jenner to then rear-end her?

And you still haven't explained what was felonious about Jenner's driving. I provided a link to the relevant California law ... cut & paste the section you believe he may have violated......

Forum List

Back