Why I"m an atheist. Part 1

onecut39

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2008
Why I am an atheist

We could go all through the drill and we could fight about every little thing but here I will pursue just a couple of reasons why the faith, to me, seems a bit far fetched. Of course there are many more.

For starters it is said that man was created in God’s image, if we do indeed look like god I wonder why god has legs when, for a very long while, before the creation of anything, there was no place to stand.

Now that that is out of the way we will continue with the construction of man. I will simply disregard all the evidence of evolution while simply stating that many, if not most, mainstream religions have no problem with that. I am simply concerned with God as a craftsman.

Remember at the root of all this is the notion that God is all knowing, all powerful and omniscient. A know everything, do anything kind of guy.

Wouldn’t you think that such a supreme craftsman would at least insure that his creation could stand the test of time, that it would retain all that made it such wonderful thing in the first place?

We don’t. Neither man nor any other creature, large or small, breeds 100% true. There are all kinds of abnormalities and mutations, both good and bad but the overwhelming majority are bad. At least from our viewpoint. This, to me, seems a terrible design flaw.

Two more small things from the construction viewpoint. Why would anyone, purposely, create a being that had to be inoperative for a third of its existence? Yet here we are, comatose eight hours a day and loving it all. Second, why would anyone, God or not, create man with with four appendages and two have two of them of them inferior in function? The whole idea of “handedness” makes no sense if one is searching for good design and efficiency.

Can anyone help me out? Remember I have no quarrel with non radical religions. Anyone can believe what they want so long as it does not hurt anyone else. I just wonder how these few small questions can be addressed within the religious dogma.

I would prefer we stay on point but if you must hurl invectives and insults with your explanation I understand

Call someone who gives a shit.

And what is it with assholes who think they need to post in bold. Your thoughts aren't that important that you need to highlight them.

Call someone who gives a shit.

And what is it with assholes who think they need to post in bold. Your thoughts aren't that important that you need to highlight them.

Thank you for that, it is in bold simply to make it easier for semi illiterates, like you, to read.

Hello fellow non-believer!

Do you know how often the title of your post has shown up as a topic? Well I know I've written one and dozens of others have too.

All I can say is: oh well. There is no going back now. You are not trying to score with any christian hotties on this board, are you??

Wow! How brave to announce that one is an atheist!

It's an act of bravery on the order of the keynote speaker at a PLO awards dinner making jokes about Ariel Sharon.

Your reasons are your own, as are my contrary reasons mine. Your choices are your own, ditto mine. The only justification necessary must satisfy ourselves. I am not really satisfied with mine and will keep searching all things, you may do the same or stop anywhere you choose. I wish you success. Peace, Love, and Faith. Pappadave.

attempting-to-give-a-damn.gif

Onecut, drop all your notions about other peoples' imagery of God and how it relates to today's physical world. It seems that is what's forming your basis for atheism. Your beliefs should stand on their own.

I don't care why you are an atheist. And further since atheists insist atheism is not a religion of its own, what is this doing in the religion section?

why did so many come in here to tell this person they dont care what he think?

Seems it would have been much easier to tell you didnt care if you didnt bother to respond.

why did so many come in here to tell this person they dont care what he think?

Seems it would have been much easier to tell you didnt care if you didnt bother to respond.

SLow morning, not much of interest being posted. And how would you know I don't care if I do not post it? All that would mean is I probably never saw the thread.

Further since this is labeled part 1 I assume he plans more posts, well at least one more. Just wanted to let him know not to waste his time, we don't care.

how very unchristian of you not to care and then to make sure this person knew for sure you dont care.

there are many things worth questioning, regarding a belief in God the Creator....

Just as there are many things worth questioning, regarding full faith in evolution or the creation of the universe scientifically....

I personally, merge the two together, and am more satisfied in my answers....

Why I am an atheist
We could go all through the drill and we could fight about every little thing but here I will pursue just a couple of reasons why the faith, to me, seems a bit far fetched. Of course there are many more.
For starters it is said that man was created in God’s image, if we do indeed look like god I wonder why god has legs when, for a very long while, before the creation of anything, there was no place to stand.
Now that that is out of the way we will continue with the construction of man. I will simply disregard all the evidence of evolution while simply stating that many, if not most, mainstream religions have no problem with that. I am simply concerned with God as a craftsman.
Remember at the root of all this is the notion that God is all knowing, all powerful and omniscient. A know everything, do anything kind of guy.
Wouldn’t you think that such a supreme craftsman would at least insure that his creation could stand the test of time, that it would retain all that made it such wonderful thing in the first place?
We don’t. Neither man nor any other creature, large or small, breeds 100% true. There are all kinds of abnormalities and mutations, both good and bad but the overwhelming majority are bad. At least from our viewpoint. This, to me, seems a terrible design flaw.
Two more small things from the construction viewpoint. Why would anyone, purposely, create a being that had to be inoperative for a third of its existence? Yet here we are, comatose eight hours a day and loving it all. Second, why would anyone, God or not, create man with with four appendages and two have two of them of them inferior in function? The whole idea of “handedness” makes no sense if one is searching for good design and efficiency.
Can anyone help me out? Remember I have no quarrel with non radical religions. Anyone can believe what they want so long as it does not hurt anyone else. I just wonder how these few small questions can be addressed within the religious dogma.
I would prefer we stay on point but if you must hurl invectives and insults with your explanation I understand.
Wow, I've never heard any of these arguments before. I'm giving up my Christian faith based on your post alone. It's that convincing!

Yep.

Forum List

Back