Why I love America

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Gabriella84, Jul 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gabriella84

Gabriella84 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Every other weekend, I have been flying to San Francisco to spend a long weekend with my fiance, Rob. Out of concern for my best friend Lauren's boyfriend Edward (who is a Londoner), Rob came down here this weekend. We have been staying at Edward and Lauren's house in Newport Beach. Though he is only in his early 30s, Edward has already done quite well for himself. Perhaps more than "quite well."
    This morning, all of us went out sailing with one of Edward's business buddies. It got me thinking -- how great of a country is it where two 21-year-old girls from the wrong side of the tracks in Anaheim could now be sitting on a really expensive boat off a posh port in Southern California?
    I personally believe God rewards those who live good lives and serve others. Or something like that. :p:

2. Shattered

Shattered Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Sooo..you love America for the material things you can sucker other people in to providing for you?

3. Gabriella84

Gabriella84 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    It's not the material things that matter. It is opportunity to occasionally partake in the material things with someone you love.

4. Shattered

Shattered Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Too bad you spent more time talking about the material things than your love for this "Rob" (who I'm seriously starting to believe is nothing more than a figment of your imagination).

5. freeandfun1

freeandfun1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +296
    There's a "wrong side of the tracks" in Anaheim? lol Dear, you don't know what it means to be "from the wrong side of the tracks". Trust me.

You need to also love America because there are people willing to fight and die to defend your right to sail on that boat on a lovely day. I bet there are lots of soldiers that would love to be doing what you did today with their spouses. But they have put our nation before themselves. I hope you are thankful for that and I hope that is also one of the reasons you "love America".

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  6. Gabriella84

Gabriella84 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    At least he is my "figment" and not yours.

We all have our jobs to do. I am very thankful for all the soldiers who defended America during the second World War, and who did what they were summoned to do during Korea and Viet Nam. Since then, our country has had an all-volunteer military. Everyone has their job to do, whether at home or abroad. There are millions of people who serve very important roles in the running of our country. And they get very little credit for it. My mom has been an elementary school teacher for 20 years. No one has ever thrown a parade or held a rally for her profession.
    There are thousands of honorable professions that do not involve carrying a gun in a foreign country. This does nothing to devalue to service of the military. It merely points out that everyone has a job to do.

7. freeandfun1

freeandfun1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +296
    You're underhanded comments surely are meant to devalue the service our brave young men and women contribute to our nation. You cannot compare a job as a teacher to the job of a soldier. I am willing to bet that Kathianee would be willing to even admit that.

You know, you're nothing but an ungrateful, spoiled C*. Yep, ban me, bitch, I don't care. You are a big, fat, stinky C*.

Perhaps we should revert back to the draft and take your precious little fiance and put him on the front lines. If it weren't for those volunteers, those that put duty, honor and country before themselves, selfish little c*nts like yourself wouldn't have their fiance by their sides. You better learn to be thankful or you are going to learn the hard way that freedom ISN'T free. Somebody has to protect that freedom for you.

I will say it again and I don't care whom I offend. You're nothing but a C*.

***lightly edited****

8. manu1959

manu1959 Left Coast Isolationist

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,626
    you should take some of that money drive out to hunters point and build a park for sum of dem po black folk

9. manu1959

manu1959 Left Coast Isolationist

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,626
    you know why you are on that boat :suck: :boobies:

10. Stephanie

Stephanie Diamond Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,360
    She has to take time out for herself, it's way to stressful trying to save the world. I'm sure as she's lazing around on that really cool expensive boat with her really cool rich friends, she's drawing up them plans for those parks for all them poor, less fortunate than she is. :spank3: Gab your shallowness is showing. :puke:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.