Why I don't believe in God

I've hate Swedish God so I cannot believe on he. He's powerful truth to heaven if all believe on God. Christ in nothing to believe on. Jesus are Catolicism. I am baptist lutheran.

Washington, said, "It is impossible to rightly govern a nation without God and the Bible." I would think he knew what he was talking about.

Spurious Quotations

The quote is frequently misattributed to Washington, particularly in regards to his farewell address of 1796. The origin of the misquote is, perhaps, a mention of a similar statement in a biography of Washington first published in 1835. However, the quote that appeared in the biography has never been proven to have come from Washington.

boss: Washington said ....

does the Troll expect us to believe he was just misinformed ?

Nonsense. Adult stem cells have PROVEN to be better in every study they've done. There is no need to harvest fetal stem cells. This is yet another failed attempt by abortionists to rationalize what they're doing. There has never been one single cure for anything derived from fetal stem cells... EVER! And the ONLY argument made politically by the "religious right" is objection to federal funding of such.

or lying as above.

Bullshit. Gordy howe had to be flown to Mexico to get stem cell he couldn't get here in Michigan.

I stated that nothing has ever been cured with fetal stem cells. I stand by my statement.
Before religious nuts didn't like using human embryos. Now it's fetal?

Gordy how had to go to Mexico for a cure. How many poor people can't afford that and just die? I stand behind my comment religion has held us back.

Embryonic = Fetal.

What was Howe cured of?

He was wrong and so was Newton if be believes in God.

If you are going to STATE people are wrong, it is up to you to PROVE them wrong. MORON!

You don't think religion is holding us back? You need more proof it is? Here you go:

Scientists have been able to make and study human embryos in their labs for decades. But they have never been able to keep them alive outside a woman's womb for more than about a week. That limitation meant scientists were unable to conduct a range of detailed research into early human development. But now researchers say they have discovered a way to keep human embryos alive in the laboratory about a week longer than ever before, and through a critical period of development. It's a step they say will yield important insights into human development and could lead to a better understanding of the factors that cause miscarriages and birth defects.

"All of this research which we do in the lab should have enormous benefit," says Magdelena Zernicka-Goetz, a professor of developmental biology at the University of Cambridge in England who helped conduct the research.

But the advance is reviving a debate about the ethics of conducting experiments on human embryos in the laboratory. Specifically, the move has raised questions about whether to change a long-standing rule that has limited research on human embryos to the first 14 days of their development.

Which side do you agree with? Are you in favor of holding medical research back because of these precious embryo?

Washington, said, "It is impossible to rightly govern a nation without God and the Bible." I would think he knew what he was talking about.

Spurious Quotations

The quote is frequently misattributed to Washington, particularly in regards to his farewell address of 1796. The origin of the misquote is, perhaps, a mention of a similar statement in a biography of Washington first published in 1835. However, the quote that appeared in the biography has never been proven to have come from Washington.

boss: Washington said ....

does the Troll expect us to believe he was just misinformed ?

Nonsense. Adult stem cells have PROVEN to be better in every study they've done. There is no need to harvest fetal stem cells. This is yet another failed attempt by abortionists to rationalize what they're doing. There has never been one single cure for anything derived from fetal stem cells... EVER! And the ONLY argument made politically by the "religious right" is objection to federal funding of such.

or lying as above.

Lets see how Boss feels about this.

Scientists have been able to make and study human embryos in their labs for decades. But they have never been able to keep them alive outside a woman's womb for more than about a week. That limitation meant scientists were unable to conduct a range of detailed research into early human development. But now researchers say they have discovered a way to keep human embryos alive in the laboratory about a week longer than ever before, and through a critical period of development. It's a step they say will yield important insights into human development and could lead to a better understanding of the factors that cause miscarriages and birth defects. "All of this research which we do in the lab should have enormous benefit," says Magdelena Zernicka-Goetz, a professor of developmental biology at the University of Cambridge in England who helped conduct the research.

But the advance is reviving a debate about the ethics of conducting experiments on human embryos in the laboratory. Specifically, the move has raised questions about whether to change a long-standing rule that has limited research on human embryos to the first 14 days of their development.

So far we know Boss disagrees with professor Zernicka-Goetz. He says these embryo will not yield enormous benefits. But I suspect that's a lie he swallowed long after his religious buddies were proven to have held us back as far as medical advances go.

If you are going to STATE people are wrong, it is up to you to PROVE them wrong. MORON!

You don't think religion is holding us back? You need more proof it is? Here you go:

Scientists have been able to make and study human embryos in their labs for decades. But they have never been able to keep them alive outside a woman's womb for more than about a week. That limitation meant scientists were unable to conduct a range of detailed research into early human development. But now researchers say they have discovered a way to keep human embryos alive in the laboratory about a week longer than ever before, and through a critical period of development. It's a step they say will yield important insights into human development and could lead to a better understanding of the factors that cause miscarriages and birth defects.

"All of this research which we do in the lab should have enormous benefit," says Magdelena Zernicka-Goetz, a professor of developmental biology at the University of Cambridge in England who helped conduct the research.

Which side do you agree with? Are you in favor of holding medical research back because of these precious embryo?

I don't know, I think you're getting into some dangerous territory when you start doing science experiments on live human beings. PETA gets in an uproar when we do this with dogs and cats.

I'm not saying we shouldn't do this under any circumstance but don't you think we need some rules and boundaries? If not, where does it end? Will it be okay to experiment on orphans next? What if you have a retarded child? Could the government take that child for science research? What about old people in nursing homes? We could learn a lot about the aging process and they aren't doing anyone any good in the nursing home, maybe we can get some scientific benefit from them?

Religion is a man-made construct that comes from human spirituality. I have no argument for or against various religions... some are good, some are bad. Some benefit humanity and some undermine humanity. BUT... Human spirituality is the catalyst for our inspiration as humans. Without it, we are essentially a physically inferior ape species.

I don't know, I think you're getting into some dangerous territory when you start doing science experiments on live human beings. PETA gets in an uproar when we do this with dogs and cats.

I'm not saying we shouldn't do this under any circumstance but don't you think we need some rules and boundaries? If not, where does it end? Will it be okay to experiment on orphans next? What if you have a retarded child? Could the government take that child for science research? What about old people in nursing homes? We could learn a lot about the aging process and they aren't doing anyone any good in the nursing home, maybe we can get some scientific benefit from them?

Religion is a man-made construct that comes from human spirituality. I have no argument for or against various religions... some are good, some are bad. Some benefit humanity and some undermine humanity. BUT... Human spirituality is the catalyst for our inspiration as humans. Without it, we are essentially a physically inferior ape species.
Forget about all those hypothetical extreme scenario what abouts and what ifs. What about experimenting on living embryo's after 15 days of development? Do you have a problem with that because your religion says doing it is wrong? Then your religion is holding us back.

Why don't we experiment on prisoners? Good question. I think it has to do with ethics. It just doesn't feel right torturing someone who will feel it. Even criminals. But I would be open to experimenting on guys like Jeffrey Dahmer or Ariel Castro. We could learn a lot from doing that.

But I do have a problem with torturing humans who will feel it, even those two. And so God isn't necessary for me to know the limits of what is right and wrong. In my opinion, religion is erring too much on the side of caution. That little embryo isn't feeling a thing.

But my ethics say no to experimenting on innocent old people. Unless of course they were so far gone they wouldn't feel it and their family agreed to it.

Also, keep in mind this debunks your myth that nothing has come from fetus embryo, or whatever you called it in the past. Scientists think we can learn a lot from those young fetus'. You act like all embryo are the same. They are not. We need to experiment on all of them and not worry that a scientist is experimenting on an aborted fetus. Who gives a shit? My uncle died and donated his body to science. They dissected the hell out of him. So what? Ashes to ashes.

Well, a human embryo is capable of feeling pain at 20 weeks. So that seems to be quite a threshold you have for science. I don't know about the "ethics" of it because it's still human life. I don't have a "religious" view because I am not religious.... you know that already, so why do you continue to bring it up? I am spiritual, and my spiritual sense tells me it's inherently wrong to be tinkering around with human life in a science lab. I'm just not comfortable with it and I won't ever be. But what I am reading in your reply is a very murky moral and ethical boundary where you seem to meander around and create caveats on the fly based on your personal opinions. That's dangerous. It leads to some fairly abhorrent practices in human experimentation and I don't think MOST civilized people are down with that.

It is possible we wouldn't have advanced as much as we did if it weren't religious I'll give you that. Maybe we wouldn't have freedom and democracy if not for religion. I'm sure morality was better than being ruled by murderous pagans but I do think religion has held us back mentally in a lot of ways. For example stem cell. Maybe we'd have cures already if bible thumpers didn't cry over dead fetus'

As for freedom and democracy... Our very nation is founded on the principle that "all men are created equal and endowed certain rights by their Creator!" The Father of Our Nation, George Washington, said, "It is impossible to rightly govern a nation without God and the Bible." I would think he knew what he was talking about.
I'm watching a pbs history of the Greeks show. They are explaining how religion played an important role in Greece becoming what it was. I'll give you that religion had/has it's benefits. It's not all bad of course.

I still think the 8th century BC Greeks made it all up though. Homer is an example of humans creative imagination

At least 4 dead, 14 injured in Maryland crash

"At least four people were killed and 14 others injured after a church van crashed into a pickup truck and caught fire in Hyattsville, Md. on Sunday, according to local authorities."

What's the point of a god who never prevents this sort of thing. Church vans crash all the time.
Philosophy addresses this issue.

The answer is that God is not an interfering god. He/She/It/They have created us and all around us and then they have given us freedom which they have apparently resolved NOT to rescind.

You probably need to study Philosophy to get a better grip on reality and humankind's understanding of it.

It is possible we wouldn't have advanced as much as we did if it weren't religious I'll give you that. Maybe we wouldn't have freedom and democracy if not for religion. I'm sure morality was better than being ruled by murderous pagans but I do think religion has held us back mentally in a lot of ways. For example stem cell. Maybe we'd have cures already if bible thumpers didn't cry over dead fetus'

As for freedom and democracy... Our very nation is founded on the principle that "all men are created equal and endowed certain rights by their Creator!" The Father of Our Nation, George Washington, said, "It is impossible to rightly govern a nation without God and the Bible." I would think he knew what he was talking about.
I'm watching a pbs history of the Greeks show. They are explaining how religion played an important role in Greece becoming what it was. I'll give you that religion had/has it's benefits. It's not all bad of course.

I still think the 8th century BC Greeks made it all up though. Homer is an example of humans creative imagination
Herodotus tells us that Greek religion came from Egypt.

If you love Greek history you should get a copy of Herodotus' book "Histories" from a local paperback bookstore and read it.

Herodotus tells us that Greek religion came from Egypt.

If you love Greek history you should get a copy of Herodotus' book "Histories" from a local paperback bookstore and read it.
I can't believe Greeks were practicing democracy 500 years before the Jesus myth started.

I'm Greek and very proud of our history

Homer is an example of humans creative imagination

Mmmhmm.

tumblr_lwqfuxlODX1r7daqao1_500.gif

I can't believe Greeks were practicing democracy 500 years before the Jesus myth started.

I can't believe that you actually think we live in a democracy or that is what our founders established. Pure democracy and "all men are created equal" are two entirely different precepts. In a pure democracy, all men are equal to whatever the majority decides.

Matthew 23:9 Wycliffe Bible (WYC)

9 And do not ye call to you a father on earth [And do not ye call to you a father upon earth], for one is your Father, that is in heavens.

The Father of Our Nation, George Washington, said, "It is impossible to rightly govern a nation without God and the Bible." I would think he knew what he was talking about.

9 And do not ye call to you a father on earth [And do not ye call to you a father upon earth], for one is your Father, that is in heavens.

The Father of Our Nation, George Washington, said, "It is impossible to rightly govern a nation without God and the Bible." I would think he knew what he was talking about.
Wycliffe Bible? How many versions are there? What does the zycleff bible say?

You can do some research online regarding your questions, but I can also tell you that John Wycliffe was the first man to translate into the English language by handwriting the contents of the Holy Bible in 1378 A.D.

The devil hated him so much for doing so that years after brother John Wycliffe was buried, his body was exhumed and burnt.

There have even been cyberdevils at wikipedia working against our good brother St. John Wycliffe.

As for brother George Washington, I have seen and met him resurrected.

He has worked in the laundry at the old folk's home in Phoenixville, PA.

Wycliffe Bible? How many versions are there? What does the zycleff bible say?

Forum List

Back