Why haven't the conservatives in Congress cut short their vacation to deal with Iraq?

The WORLD now has a golden opportunity. A group of radial Islamist have made military adavances thus they now are exposed and the WORLD should unite in destroying the invaders that jepardze freedom in Iraq. NOW is the time for REAL leadership from America, and our leader goes on vacation.

This was a Republican undertaking.

Why haven't they cut short their vacation, LIKE..SAY THE PRESIDENT.

Where are these guys??

You have reduced your contribution to this board to being nothing be a troll.

First of all it was a bipartian vote to go to war in Iraq, you know that, thus you lie.

Second, almost all the senior democrats backed the war in Iraq, you know that, thus you lie.

Thirdly it is the responsibility of the POTUS to handle thise situation at least short term. you know that, thus you lie.

Bottom line, you lie.

Bottom line?

I haven't "lied" about a thing.

You've misread and misinterpreted history and do not understand how the government function nor do you know what's in the constitution.

First off, the PNAC has been trying to get this country into a war with Iraq for quite some time. President Bush populated his administration with folks from the PNAC. That's the history.

Second off, The President of the United States has broader access to intelligence then the congress. In fact the congress can not see the same material the President sees. That's the way government functions.

Third off, it's been proven, as fact, time and time again, that President Bush's administration misled the American people and shamed, threatened and lied the Democrats into voting for the AUMF. Even then? It was up to Bush to actually give the order. That's the history.

Congress, in a pretty feckless move, is abdicating it's responsibility in this matter. Probably to see how it turns out so they can craft a message to, yet again, smear the current President of the United States.

And that is a disgusting disgrace.

Congress has no control over war??? I see, next...

When the obama bombed Syria and libya the left never mentioned congress getting involved at all. I find it quite hypoctcical of the left to do so now. Besides military action in Iraq has already been approved by Congress by a bi-partisan vote.

What is going on in Iraq is all obama's fault and all obama's responsibilty to take short term action, his action, throw a few bombs in and go on vacation.

Obama didn't bomb Syria.

And the right wanted to vote for that.

When Obama said, "Sure".

Congress said, "But we can't cut our vacation, short!"

The F/A 18s with the Golden Hawks are performing to perfection, why ask Boehner to sober up and mumble? This mission is well planned, and executed. What would Boehner add? He can "toast" this mission away from cameras.

I suppose.

What vacation did he cut short? Right after his press conference, he and the family jetted off to Martha's Vineyard and the golf course...

Last edited:

When the obama bombed Syria and libya the left never mentioned congress getting involved at all. I find it quite hypoctcical of the left to do so now. Besides military action in Iraq has already been approved by Congress by a bi-partisan vote.

What is going on in Iraq is all obama's fault and all obama's responsibilty to take short term action, his action, throw a few bombs in and go on vacation.

Obama didn't bomb Syria.

When Obama said, "Sure".

As for a vote. As I understand the Wars Power Act allows the President to use force if required then give notice to congress. The situation in Iraq is a prefect example of where he can use force then explaining latter. But going into Iraq required a vote and it was made. As should have Kosovo and Libya.

Last edited:

Obama didn't bomb Syria.

When Obama said, "Sure".

Good thing Putin jumped in and saved everyone the trouble. How's that evil dictator Assad doing? You know--the one Obama and his pals all said needs to go ?

poor Obots, it's hard work these days making excuses for their Dear wonderful Leader

Remember how they were once bellowing, He's the LEADER of the Free World, he won get over it?

Now it's, how come Republicans blah blah blah

None of these assholes work for a living or for the American people. They think if they have to walk a few steps to cast a vote, they're working. The same with that dipshit you liberal morons call President. He farts all over the West Wing out of his stretched asshole, golfs a few rounds, flies all over the country raising money and hanging out wif da rich folks and you Zombies lick his nads as if they're sugah daddies..

Why haven't the conservatives in Congress cut short their vacation to deal with Iraq? Reply to Thread

Same reason they didn't stick around to deal with the refugee situation on the southern border.

They did their job: They blamed the president for doing his job when they refuse to do theirs.

Maybe Congressmen should be paid only when they are doing what they were elected to do. They could maybe be on a time clock system. They would be paid by the hour. When they are spending time raising money, the clock stops. Hard to manage of course, which is why having strictly taxpayer funded elections is so important.

They only work 126 days a year.

And, for the Repubs, that time is spent either obstructing government or posing for photo ops.

Then its back to the bars and the golf courses.

Why haven't the conservatives in Congress cut short their vacation to deal with Iraq? Reply to Thread

Same reason they didn't stick around to deal with the refugee situation on the southern border.

They did their job: They blamed the president for doing his job when they refuse to do theirs.

Maybe Congressmen should be paid only when they are doing what they were elected to do. They could maybe be on a time clock system. They would be paid by the hour. When they are spending time raising money, the clock stops. Hard to manage of course, which is why having strictly taxpayer funded elections is so important.

They only work 126 days a year.

And, for the Repubs, that time is spent either obstructing government or posing for photo ops.

Then its back to the bars and the golf courses.

Why bother----Reid won't let anybody vote on anything

Where are these guys??

What??

Where do you see a problem??

Didn't you get this memo:

"The analogy we use around here sometimes, and I think is accurate, is if a jayvee team puts on Lakers uniforms that doesn’t make them Kobe Bryant,” Obama told the New Yorker, referring to ISIS.

“I think there is a distinction between the capacity and reach of a bin Laden and a network that is actively planning major terrorist plots against the homeland versus jihadists who are engaged in various local power struggles and disputes, often sectarian.”

So......IS....no big deal....Our President told us so....

Then again......another Democrat said "It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is."

The only thing the US should be doing in Iraq is closing all facilities, removing all personnel and suggesting that NO US CITIZEN step foot in the country. The same for Afghanistan.

Where are these guys??

Why doesn't Obama call congress back into session?

The pubs wouldn't come back.

The whole idea is to Do Nothing and then blame the president.

"...then blame the president."

His two most significant foreign policy achievements will be a nuclear Iran, and the restoration of the Islamic caliphate.

With a view to his actions, and non-actions, one would tend to believe that the above was his aim from the beginning.

Forum List

Back