Why has the government closed the air space over the gulf

Can anyone explain why this was done?

Two Reasons

1. Keep news stations helicopters from interfering with the clean up operations
2. they intend t use military airplanes to disperse chemicals over the spill to try to help aid the cleanup , and they don't want to risk an accident.

Logical decision.

Two Reasons

2. they intend t use military airplanes to disperse chemicals over the spill to try to help aid the cleanup , and they don't want to risk an accident.

Logical decision.

So your arguement is to restrict air congestion. To me that isn't reason enough. Many accidents have happened and they have never restricted air space.

Two Reasons

Logical decision.

So your arguement is to restrict air congestion. To me that isn't reason enough. Many accidents have happened and they have never restricted air space.

No my argument is that is to eliminate the chance that some idiot helicopter runs into a tanker full of skimmed oil, or a military jet full of jet fuel and chemical and explodes creating an even bigger mess than we have now. Not to mention you know that if something like that happened WE would be the ones footing the bill for it. Unless Obama just billed BP.

Two Reasons

Logical decision.

No my argument is that is to eliminate the chance that some idiot helicopter runs into a tanker full of skimmed oil, or a military jet full of jet fuel and chemical and explodes creating an even bigger mess than we have now. Not to mention you know that if something like that happened WE would be the ones footing the bill for it. Unless Obama just billed BP.

Major accidents happen yearly, and no one has closed the airspace on those accidents.

Major accidents happen yearly, and no one has closed the airspace on those accidents.

Major accidents that are fought by low flying military jets spewing out chemicals? that is the current plan from what I've read.

When ever someone doesn't want photo evidence of something, there is always something to hide.

Not logical what is there to hide?

Nothing as far as I am concerned.

Let's recap what you have posted
1st you said:
"Its called hiding the evidence."
2nd you said:
When ever someone doesn't want photo evidence of something, there is always something to hide.

You are the one that said they were hiding something, But now you say there's nothing as far as you are concerned.. So which is it? Do you not have the balls to stand with your convictions?

Not logical what is there to hide?

Nothing as far as I am concerned.

Let's recap what you have posted
1st you said:
"Its called hiding the evidence."
2nd you said:

You are the one that said they were hiding something, But now you say there's nothing as far as you are concerned.. So which is it? Do you not have the balls to stand with your convictions?

Pay no attention to the man behind Syrenn's avatar.. There is nothing between the ears

Just remembered this, they did not close the airspace at the Exxon Valdez oil spill in Alaska.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back