Why has the government closed the air space over the gulf

Just remembered this they did not close the airspace at the Exxon Valdez oil spill in Alaska.

There were also no military aircraft in the cleanup. it's pretty standard to close the airspace around military operations.

There is no vast conspiracy here.

Not logical what is there to hide?

Nothing as far as I am concerned.

Let's recap what you have posted
1st you said:
"Its called hiding the evidence."
2nd you said:
When ever someone doesn't want photo evidence of something, there is always something to hide.

You are the one that said they were hiding something, But now you say there's nothing as far as you are concerned.. So which is it? Do you not have the balls to stand with your convictions?

You asked why they would close airspace:
Hiding evidence is one reason

you drew the question out and the answer is:
As far as i am concerned there is nothing to hide

Again as far as i am concerned there is nothing to hide. Operative word I How hard is that to understand. So back to your question

Why close the airspace. If you have balls state your theory of why instead of just asking lame questions. Otherwise you get what you get.

Nothing as far as I am concerned.

Let's recap what you have posted
1st you said:
"Its called hiding the evidence."
2nd you said:
When ever someone doesn't want photo evidence of something, there is always something to hide.

You are the one that said they were hiding something, But now you say there's nothing as far as you are concerned.. So which is it? Do you not have the balls to stand with your convictions?

You asked why they would close airspace:
Hiding evidence is one reason

you drew the question out and the answer is:
As far as i am concerned there is nothing to hide

Again as far as i am concerned there is nothing to hide. Operative word I How hard is that to understand. So back to your question

Why close the airspace. If you have balls state your theory of why instead of just asking lame questions. Otherwise you get what you get.

If you think they are not hiding something why did you make the speculation that they are?
As for me asking the question, I would like to see what others have heard. I am uncertain why they have closed the airspace and futher more I see no reason why it has been closed.

Can anyone explain why this was done?
Because it is a bad idea to have passenger jets flying around erratically moving military aircraft?

I'm no air traffic controller...but it seems logical. There are many, many routes coming out of New Orleans:

route_graph_in_air.php

Last edited:
Guess they forgot about satellites....

I'm guessing that's the rig burning in the center of the shot, so one can guess how old this picture is.
Imagine the size by now

r3128309942.jpg

Because it is a bad idea to have passenger jets flying around erratically moving military aircraft?

I'm no air traffic controller...but it seems logical.

Not logical there have been many disasters in the past and they did not close the airspace.

Not logical there have been many disasters in the past and they did not close the airspace.

Name a disaster that required a military aircraft response and that airspace was not closed.... This is standard procedure NOTHING MORE.

Name a disaster where military aircraft were involved and the airspace wasn't closed.

I can't name a one can you name any other then military accidents that they may have closed the airspace? With exception of 9/11

Name a disaster where military aircraft were involved and the airspace wasn't closed.

I can't name a one can you name any other then military accidents that they may have closed the airspace? With exception of 9/11

This was not a military accident, but I understand what you're asking and the answer is EVERY time military jets are in the air, the airspace is restricted. Doesn't matter if its an airshow, or a fighter jet flying over a sports stadium. That airspace is restricted. It's SOP to limit the chances of an accident.

Gee, I wonder what people who actually know what they are talking about think of this?

[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]The FAA’s response can be seen here. The agency stresses that temporary flight restrictions have been imposed due to the heavy traffic involved in the cleanup effort, and it points out that there have been “a number of reported near misses” due to pilots flying low to give passengers a good view of the spill.

[/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Since May 28, the FAA says it has granted every request to fly over the area. The TFR requires pilots to stay above 3,000 feet, but the FAA has granted exceptions for news organizations to go lower.[/FONT]

FAA Rejects Accusations About Oil Spill Access

Look at that, they haven't closed the airspace, they are simply restricting rubberneckers from flying lower than 3000 feet.

Just remembered this they did not close the airspace at the Exxon Valdez oil spill in Alaska.

There were also no military aircraft in the cleanup. it's pretty standard to close the airspace around military operations.

There is no vast conspiracy here.

He is just being a prick ConHog, ignore him.

How am I being a prick? I asked a question you are the one that made the comment about not allowing people to take photos. I am not nor have I said the government closed the airspace to hide something. You did.

Gee, I wonder what people who actually know what they are talking about think of this?

[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]The FAA’s response can be seen here. The agency stresses that temporary flight restrictions have been imposed due to the heavy traffic involved in the cleanup effort, and it points out that there have been “a number of reported near misses” due to pilots flying low to give passengers a good view of the spill.

[/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Since May 28, the FAA says it has granted every request to fly over the area. The TFR requires pilots to stay above 3,000 feet, but the FAA has granted exceptions for news organizations to go lower.[/FONT]

Look at that, they haven't closed the airspace, they are simply restricting rubberneckers from flying lower than 3000 feet.

Thanks for the info.

Which means restricted. Thanks for the link.

New Topics

Forum List

Back