Why GWB will be one of the greatest Presidents in MY LIFETIME...

And aside from the fact that the sign was, in essence, correct because the major combat operations HAD concluded and were successful, it was the SAILORS aboard the carrier who came up with the idea of the sign.

Not the White House.

Major combat operations had concluded? Wasn't the surge in 2007 a major combat operation?

What was the casualty count at the time of Bush's aircraft carrier self-congratulation?

You dolt, the surge was a response to the insurgency which broke out AFTER the cessation of major combat operations.

Last edited:
When I first became aware of "presidents" was Eisenhower.
With the Presidents that followed only two will be to me the "greatest" Presidents.
NOW dealing strictly WITH HISTORICAL FACTS!!!

Faced with:
The misery index was initiated by economist Arthur Okun, an adviser to President Lyndon Johnson in the 1960's.

It is simply the unemployment rate added to the inflation rate.

The misery index under President Jimmy Carter averaged 16.26, with a high of 20.76 in 1980.
At one time under Carter,

Then President Ronald Reagan took over the index was 17.97, his highest.
If any president had an excuse to blame the previous administration, Reagan did.
Instead the misery index declined to 9.57 at the end of 1988.... a 9.61 points reduction or 53% reduction!!!

So looking at the inflation rate for the highest in history:
1980 annual inflation rate was 13.58% with March 1980 it reach 14.76% .

So the unemployment rate was in 1982 9.71% BUT using the Obama standard blame the previous President Carter...

From the highest it declined under Reagan to in 1988 5.49% again a nearly 43% drop in unemployment.

So At this point The greatest President was Reagan! Dropped inflation by 50% and unemployment dropped by 40%!
Two simplest measures of "greatness" in the Presidents in my life time.

BUT in my lifetime NO president had these 4 monumental cataclysmic events and historians will verify these FACTS as idiots seem to forget
what happened from 2001 to 2008!

Then we have G.W.Bush..
His unemployment rates:
2001 4.74
2002 5.78
2003 5.99
2004 5.54
2005 5.08
2006 4.61
2007 4.62
2008 5.80

Did ANY EXECUTIVE ACTIONS on the Part of GWB CAUSE THESE EVENTS to happen???

1) Recession that started under Clinton ended 11/01.
Specifically, 50.8 million jobs were lost through the first six quarters of the ‘01 recession .
Heritage Employment Report: February Continues Winter Blues
The 2001 recession officially started 03/2001... BUT the steps leading up to it started under Clinton!

DID THIS HAPPEN??
1) Dot.com bust cost $5 trillion in lost market value..
According to the Los Angeles Times, when the dot-com bubble burst, it wiped out $5 trillion dollars in market value for tech companies.
More than half of the Internet companies created since 1995 were gone by 2004 -
and hundreds of thousands of skilled technology workers were out of jobs.
The dot-com bubble: How to lose $5 trillion ? Anderson Cooper 360 - CNN.com Blogs

DID THIS HAPPEN??
2) Hard to believe but people forget that 9/11 occurred!
It cost $2 trillion in lost businesses,market values assets.

Jobs lost in New York owing to the attacks: 146,100 JUST in New York!!
Year 2001: September 11 Terrorist Attacks
The 9/11 terrorist attacks were the events that helped shape other financial events of the decade. After that terrible day in September 2001, our economic climate was never to be the same again. It was only the third time in history that the New York Stock Exchange was shut down for a period of time. In this case, it was closed from September 10 - 17. Besides the tragic human loss of that day, the economic loss cannot even be estimated. Some estimate that there was over $60 billion in insurance losses alone.

Approximately 18,000 small businesses were either displaced or destroyed in Lower Manhattan after the Twin Towers fell. There was a buildup in homeland security on all levels. 9/11 caused a catastrophic financial loss for the U.S.
The Top 10 Financial Events of the Decade

3) $1 trillion in written off losses due to the WORST Hurricane SEASONS in history!
The worst Katrina,made landfall in Louisiana as a Category 3 in 2005. It took 1,836 lives and caused $81.2 billion in damages.
Hurricane Katrina ALONE! Year 2005: Hurricanes Katrina and Rita
On August 25, 2005, Hurricane Katrina hit the Gulf Coast of the U.S. as a strong Category 3 or low Category 4 storm. It quickly became the biggest natural disaster in U.S. history, almost destroying New Orleans due to severe flooding.
Hurricane Rita quickly followed Katrina only to make matters worse. Between the two, more than $200 billion in damage was done. 400,000 jobs were lost and 275,000 homes were destroyed. Many of the jobs and homes were never to be recovered. Hundreds of thousands of people were displaced and over 1,000 were killed and more are missing. The effect on oil and gasoline prices was long-lasting.

400,000 jobs due to Hurricanes Katrina/Rita
145,000 jobs in NYC alone due to 9/11
300,000 jobs lost due to dot.com busts.

Largest Gross Domestic Product in history!!
When Bush took office in 2001 GDP was $12.355,271,000,000
when Bush left office in 2008 GDP was $14,359,490,000,000
A 16% increase in GDP or $2 TRILLION.

Bush growth of the GDP was greater then Clinton in 2005 GDP grew at 6.5% Clinton's best:6.4%
Measuring Worth - GDP result.

When Bush started 131,785,000 people employed.
At the end of 2008 136,790,000 people employed or

5,000,000 more employed then when he took office.

DID THIS HAPPEN???
Oh and did I mention along the way when "Mission Accomplished" occurred after less then six weeks of combat in May 2003.. 10 years ago..
that over 1 million Iraq people were saved from starving?
50,000 people a year were starving under Saddam and when he was removed, (by the way at the request of Kerry,Pelosi, and 90% of the 28 million Iraqis)
the UN mandated embargo was removed.

Researcher Richard Garfield estimated that "a minimum of 100,000 and a more likely estimate of 227,000 excess deaths among young children from August 1991 through March 1998" from all causes including sanctions. Human rights in Saddam Hussein's Iraq - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So given the above EVENTS that GWB FACED that IN MY LIFETIME NO other president had to face GWB will be known as one of the GREATEST Presidents"

SO all you people that boo,bash Bush.. and will want to trash this for once use your brains!
A) GWB Faced a recession meaning slower businesses lost jobs, lost taxes!
B) A MAJOR ATTACK on the soil of the USA not only our economic center WTC but our military center the Pentagon! No president EVER had that tremendous blow
to the American psyche! If none of you were around then or conveniently forget REMEMBER the anthrax attacks right afterwards and how with the terrorists
destructions wow... where were idiots that forget this?
C) Worst hurricane SEASONS (PLURAL) most destructive and most hurricanes from 2003 to 2008! You can believe the relatives of the 3,000 lost lives, the employees
and homeowners will never forget... WHY do you idiots forget!!

By the way here is Obama's unemployment record...
2009 9.28 Obama
2010 9.63
2011 8.95
2012 8.08

I agree with every letter of your post. I was living in NYC at the time Clinton recession hit and it DID hit very hard - most of my friends and aquaintances lost their jobs in IT.
But that did not last forever ( like with this failure in the WH), because Bush Jr directed economy in the right direction with the right measures.

One of the reasons left hates him so much is actually the masterful management of the economy from the disaster of the Clinton's recession which happened because of the Greenspan's measures and dot com bust.

So, basically:

If W did ANYTHING, the lolberals attacked him and derided him for it.

But if Obumbler does the same things or other things which are palpably stupid, the lolberals suddenly lose their voices.

W uses a drone = "bad."

Obumbler uses a drone = "good."

And lolberals can't figure out why they are recognized as being meritless.

Liberals who oppose drone use attack Obama all the time. Where have you been?

Untrue. A FEW libs have found their voice enough to be mildly consistent on THAT score.

But for the most part, libs confront example after example of Obumbler's ineptitude and stupidity with dutiful silence.

Okay, name the liberals.

Mojos either or is bunk.

The investigation is up to the oversight committee....thats WHY THEY EXIST. Their investigation has not substanciated white house involvement - and you OH SO KNOW they tried.

I saw the general in charge that night testify under oath that there WAS NO STAND DOWN ORDER that night, and it was him who decided it was not logistically possible to get the calvary there on time.

Somehow these testimonies are not good enough. It JUST CANT BE!

How stupid can a person be?

NO ONE KNOWS how long a firefight will last until it is over!

Military men know this.

Low information voters are oblivious to this fact.

When your guys need assistance, back-up, rescue or re-supply in a firefight or during an attack on the enemy or by the enemy you send as much as you can as soon as you can until YOU KNOW the status of the situation.

You don't just scratch your head and reckon 'this attack will be over by the time we get there so it's best that we just not bother.'

BULLSHIT!

You are too stupid to know when you are being lied to.

Go forth and stop helping perpetuate this shameful coverup by this duplicitous and unpatriotic scum of an administration.

Last edited:
Liberals who oppose drone use attack Obama all the time. Where have you been?

Untrue. A FEW libs have found their voice enough to be mildly consistent on THAT score.

But for the most part, libs confront example after example of Obumbler's ineptitude and stupidity with dutiful silence.

Okay, name the liberals.

WHICH lolberals do you now ask to be named?

And for what purpose?

Is there any chance that you might post something with a point behind it any time in our near future?

Here's a fun contest.

Let's all name all the liberals who have criticized the ObamaCare law and its implantation and the the President's unilateral (and unauthorized) grantings of "exceptions" to the law.

Right the General who honorably serves our nation in lying and messageboard dickhead mojo is the standard of bearing truth.

Stfu dope - the investigations have turned up nothing and they know ALOT more than you do dipstick.

Here's a fun contest.

Let's all name all the liberals who have criticized the ObamaCare law and its implantation and the the President's unilateral (and unauthorized) grantings of "exceptions" to the law.

Although i am not, your arrogance would force you to classify me as liberal and i have 2-3 threads that ive made personally which are against the aca.

I have not seen anything positive in the posts that will change America's mind.

Bush was, and is, basically a good person who loves his country. He was not a great president but an adequate one.

He was 1000% better than the clown who currently occupies the whitehouse.

And aside from the fact that the sign was, in essence, correct because the major combat operations HAD concluded and were successful, it was the SAILORS aboard the carrier who came up with the idea of the sign.

Not the White House.

Major combat operations had concluded? Wasn't the surge in 2007 a major combat operation?

What was the casualty count at the time of Bush's aircraft carrier self-congratulation?

You dolt, the surge was a response to the insurgency which broke out AFTER the cessation of major combat operations.

So how many Iraq Wars were there?

Dispel it with facts if you can.

Unsubstantiated nonsense that doesn't prove anything doesn't need to be 'dispelled' with facts.

Which translates as:

"I can't refute it so I'll try to trivialize it."

Some piece of rightwing propaganda that isn't supported by facts trivializes itself.

Your nonsense was demolished years ago, including on this board. Just because you idiots have the obstinance to keep repeating myths doesn't mean those of us with brains have to keep demolishing them.

I have not seen anything positive in the posts that will change America's mind.

You (as always) choose to see what you wish and you choose to NOT see what you do not care to admit.

Thus, your post is of no significance.

The reality is that nothing will change YOUR mind because you are forever firmly biased against the Republican Party. You radical far left wing liberal Democrats are like that.

Bush was, and is, basically a good person who loves his country. He was not a great president but an adequate one.

I agree with line one. Not line two.

I agree with line one. Not line two.

Was Bush II great? Hell no.. Would I consider him better than Obamalama?? Certainly... Kinda like how dried shit on the floor in your house is better than fresh shit on the floor in your house because it stinks less

Forum List

Back