Why God needs human

God doesn't "need" humans any more than parents "need" their children when they are young. He created and loves us like a parent loves their child only more, because He is God and is able.

Personally I also think He created us to show all of heaven that after what satan tried to pull, He could create lesser beings than the angels, and even we would be able to have a relationship with Him, be blessed by Him, receive His grace and grow, to be transformed into something we all have yet to see, through Jesus Christ.

Maybe <----emphasis MAYBE, satan tried to blame God for his trying to pull off a rebellion in the first place, that if he wasn't flawed he would have been able to do it, so God is showing him and all of heaven that even humans made from the dirt where satan was thrown to roam, would be able to see the glory of God.

I agree with Witty. If god's best creation is humans and we're made in his image, then he's a fucking retard.

What exactly does the phrase, "god created man in his image" mean? A little ambiguous don't you think? I think most explanations I have heard argue that it implies man is similar to god in some psychological way- perhaps a rational being or a being with free will.

But after man and woman ate of the tree of moral knowledge, then the book says god sent them away from the garden so they would not eat from the tree of life since they had "become like us knowing good and evil". So if moral knowledge only came after eating from the tree, then in what way were we created in god's image? Physically? That would explain god's sudden nervousness that humans might eat of the tree of life and become not only god-like due to knowledge, but immortal as well.

I believe the early ideas of god presented in genesis are similar to the gods of many ancient civilizations. A being with physical characteristics and limited power who was one among many deities and happened to be the patron deity of a semetic group of people later known as Israelites.

In order for him to get his masters degree in physics and make his dream of becoming the greatest physicist ever a reality,he really needed to do something big. Over the top. Rivaled by no one. Here we are. And after achieving this fete,and his masters degree in hand, he went on to create a place for us to dwell, because he was bored and lonely. I guess life at the top ain't all it's cracked up to be.

I've no idea.

Does anyone have a theory?

Amusement
Sadism
Boredom
Ego stoking

What's the point of inventing humans from God's point of view?

You are anthropomorphizing GOD.

You are seeking to understand the motives of an entity through the lense of your own existence.

If the whole GOD concept has any merit whatever, then really dude, an amoeba would have a better change of understanding your motives than you have of understanding the motives of a GOD.

I've no idea.

Amusement
Sadism
Boredom
Ego stoking

You are seeking to understand the motives of an entity through the lense of your own existence.

If the whole GOD concept has any merit whatever, then really dude, an amoeba would have a better change of understanding your motives than you have of understanding the motives of a GOD.
Good Morning and
Good point Ed...

Oh, and Ravi, ain't a dude?

Nope, I'm not.

Difference between me and God is that if the ameoba asked I'd attempt to answer.

Nope, I'm not.

Difference between me and God is that if the ameoba asked I'd attempt to answer.

I'm sorry Ravi. Per usual I was addressing the post rather than the poster and didn't really know to whom I was responding.

I often don't know to whom I am responding, to be honest.

Of course, I understand why you're anthropomorphizing GOD...because that's the same kind fairly tale GOD that most religionists believe in, and you're asking THOSE people to answer it within the constraints of their own ridiculous beliefs.

The question was really addressed to those whose concept of God is basically just that GOD is just like a human being only with superpowers.

Yeah, if that is what GOD is, then your question is certainly a good one.

And the anwer should also therefore be obvious.

That kind of GOD would have created mankind because that kind of GOD is as flawed as we humans are.

Basically that GOD is a C minus student and we are some kind of lab experiment.

But of course, that cannot be what the author of all existence and being can possible be like.

How could the omnipotent author of all existence have any desires (any motives) whatever?

Omnipotence eliminates motive. If one can do everything, one will do nothing because there can be no desire to do anything whatever.

Motive implies need or desire, and an omnipotent being has no needs and no desires.

Hence, I don't believe any of that nonsense that most Christians believe about GOD or their relationship to that GOD either.

Lots of us christian believers don't, ya know.

God (aka existence and being) is a mystery that no mere human is ever going to fathom.

So any question directed at GOD'S motive (which is really the big WHY? question of being) will forever be beyond our ability to comprehend. Being we ARE of this universe, we cannot possibly understand something that is NOT of this plane existence.

I know that's not very satisfying to people who expect answers, and a GOD they can understand, (at least understand in part) but the answer is that the question itself makes no sense.

Of course my answer to all such questions about being and existence remains the same...

It's turtles, young lady. It's turtles all the way down!

Last edited:

as does the bible and as do most religions

or that of its alleged word

demonstrate or stfu

I believe the early ideas of god presented in genesis are similar to the gods of many ancient civilizations. A being with physical characteristics and limited power who was one among many deities

Are familiar with the Sumerian creation story?

I'm familiar with several early middle eastern creation stories. Including the sumerian flood story and the similarities between marduk slaying tiamat and the biblical creation in genesis. I also find it fascinating that the early canaanite supreme god was "El" which is the root of "Elohim" used for god in the initial creation story. Of course he was later supplanted in Canaanite myth by Baal, which the Israelites seemed to have defected to on occasion. Of course since Baal just meant "master" or "lord" in hebrew, it is also used in names and occasionally is interchanged for El making the issue complicated. Not to mention that names like Bealiah are present in the geneologies. Bealiah means "Yahweh is Baal".

I've no idea.

Amusement
Sadism
Boredom
Ego stoking

Perhaps you're anthropomorphizing by assuming god has motives- or even by assuming consciousness?

You know.........God is more like the process rather than something tangible. Kinda like "seeing" an apple. You can see the apple, but you can't "see" the process of looking.

God is more like the process than anything else.

gAyBiker,

I don't think anyone has more a more outrageously retarded statement than your's. You really are something else. Honestly, the more you type the more ridiculous you make the American people seem..................

You know.........God is more like the process rather than something tangible. Kinda like "seeing" an apple. You can see the apple, but you can't "see" the process of looking.

God is more like the process than anything else.

as does the bible and as do most religions

or that of its alleged word

demonstrate or stfu

Don't be ridiculous.

How on earth could any of us demonstate anything about an issue which is based on theological questions like this?

Don't be a ninny.

I've no idea.

Amusement
Sadism
Boredom
Ego stoking

what makes you think its a matter of need?

Forum List

Back