Why FOX News dominates!!!

Fox's ratings prove there are a lot of idiot republicans out there who rely on Fox for THEIR views. They are lazy and do not want to do any research on their own. Fox appeals to a specific, dumb, uninformed group.

Good for them. In the big picture, all of fox's ratings did nothing in November to tell you the truth. Hannity and all his crap really meant nothing.

The Van Jones (non) feeding frenzy | Washington Examiner

Number of reports from other media outlets on this k00k Van Jones in the Obama Administration:

New York Times - 0
CBS News - 0
NBC News - 0
ABC News - 0
MSNBC - 0

Seems most of the media has a penchant for shooting themselves in the face and driving more and more and more people to FOX = ideology trumping journalistic integrity for the gay!!!!:eusa_whistle:

I just went to CNN and nothing. What the hell? Don't these people report the news?

Number of reports from other media outlets on this k00k Van Jones in the Obama Administration:

New York Times - 0
CBS News - 0
NBC News - 0
ABC News - 0
MSNBC - 0

Seems most of the media has a penchant for shooting themselves in the face and driving more and more and more people to FOX = ideology trumping journalistic integrity for the gay!!!!:eusa_whistle:

I just went to CNN and nothing. What the hell? Don't these people report the news?

It's 1:30. They're not running live segments.

New York Times - 0
CBS News - 0
NBC News - 0
ABC News - 0
MSNBC - 0

It's 1:30. They're not running live segments.

I thought CNN was a 24/7 news outlet. So they just report during business hours?

I don't watch ABCBSNBC or Fox though I do watch Fox Business News. If you listen to Talk radio and visit a few well known websites you can be at least 24 hours or more ahead of the mainstream talking head news cycle.

Yes, talk radio is definitely the place to go when you want the facts. :lol:

Actually, you hear a lot of substantive facts when you watch Olbermann, or Rachel, in particular. They basically spend most of their shows inserting actual facts into much of what FAUX puts on television.

Go to Beck though and you get a butt-load of non-sequitur argumentation. I used to listen to him on CNN Headline News, the only news channel I had on my super-duper-scanty basic channel. About 2 minutes was all it took to realize the guy as a complete quack, not so much because of an obvious seemingly right-wing tilt, but I'd end up just saying "What in the hell is he talking about, he just doesn't make any sense."

It was like that stupid crap about statues, and their meanings, what the hell? This art, like most art, can have many interpretations. Why does it surprise anyone that Beck is going to try to spin it somehow as a commie type. Why is it surprising he uses it to attack American workers and labor in general?

But do you really want to know why FOX is the most popular cable news show? Cable viewers are just a subset of television viewers. Those who watch just news, are an even smaller subset. People who own cable, especially the more expensive cable, that I don't have (Just got mine for Internet, so had to buy at least scanty-basic, for $9.99) that carries FUXUse NewsCorp network, are people who are more wealthy. It isn't surprising that a more wealthy subset might gravetate to the network that appears to be on the side of great wealth.

I suspect were MSNBC and FUX-Use on the air, the percentages would favor MSNBC.

One other thing--the idea is ludicrous that MSNBC is a left-wing network. FUX-Use is looney bin, and MSNBC is rather centrist. CNN has become something in-between. There are no real liberal networks. I've not seen Chomsky, Zinn, or Moore on the networks for some time, or anyone else like them.

Networks are liberal on social issues. But there isn't too much discussion on these networks about economic issues, like raising the minimum wage, stopping idiot globalization since we've got ten percent or so unemployment, or how huge wealth and wage disparities are part of the reason we're in this huge hole we're in now. There isn't much about not continuing the death penalty, or legalizing pot. It is often negleced on all networks, that around 80 percent of Americans want a public option in health care. Not much talk about how conservative non-protectionism is really the root cause of our problems, and how if we keep on trying to compete with counties that have vast labor markets of people who live in cardboard boxes, and drink from puddles of raw sewage, it's pretty obvious we're going to lose that battle. We'd all have to be from Krypton to compete with that level of pay for labor, survive in our society of highest prices in the world, and earn enough to keep up in America. Nope, on economic issues, they are all pretty conservative. I even heard Elenor Clift and Clarence Page continuing to support non-protectionist polices, even in the near-dystopic 18 percent unofficial unemployment environment 30 years of conservatism has wrought on America. And those two are supposed to be the liberals on the show.

Last edited:
Fox news is a joke. There is nothing - I repeat NOTHING - further from objective news reporting in the Western media. I think in order to get more outrageous propagandist partisan hackery you've only to go to the Middle East.

Prove me wrong.

I don't watch ABCBSNBC or Fox though I do watch Fox Business News. If you listen to Talk radio and visit a few well known websites you can be at least 24 hours or more ahead of the mainstream talking head news cycle.
Yes, talk radio is definitely the place to go when you want the facts. :lol:
If you weren't such a partisan asshole, you'd know that The Left has radio shows too, they just don't get good ratings because no one want's to listen to a radio host talk about how much America sucks.

And you would also know that Talk Radio does local and national news on the hour, on the half hour and when it breaks.

But you don't know that because you're just a partisan, asshat, DUmmie.

Stay classy, MS. That was uncalled for.

Most people who are on the left don't have cushy jobs where we can sit around and listen to the radio, nor do we have the computer nearby to get a liberal stream, as we don't often have a terrestrial based radio station we can tune into anyway, though they often have Rush Limbaugh on several stations, in the same places.

No fairness directive, no fairness is on the air. I'd love to have an over-air station to listen to in my car, but sadly, I don't. It isn't because we don't have listeners. It is because big media types, and their vast piles of money, don't want to air shows where there is true liberal content. The only place you find liberal thought is in the bookstore, or perhaps occasionally on PBS, or in a Michael Moore movie.

Most people who are on the left don't have cushy jobs where we can sit around and listen to the radio, nor do we have the computer nearby to get a liberal stream, as we don't often have a terrestrial based radio station we can tune into anyway, though they often have Rush Limbaugh on several stations, in the same places.

No fairness directive, no fairness is on the air. I'd love to have an over-air station to listen to in my car, but sadly, I don't. It isn't because we don't have listeners. It is because big media types, and their vast piles of money, don't want to air shows where there is true liberal content. The only place you find liberal thought is in the bookstore, or perhaps occasionally on PBS, or in a Michael Moore movie.

There are not enough "true liiberals" to make true liberal media profitable.

gcvrk6v1yky1kpfyiqjhvw.gif

Thus far in 2009, 40% of Americans interviewed in national Gallup Poll surveys describe their political views as conservative, 35% as moderate, and 21% as liberal. This represents a slight increase for conservatism in the U.S. since 2008, returning it to a level last seen in 2004. The 21% calling themselves liberal is in line with findings throughout this decade, but is up from the 1990s.

Most people who are on the left don't have cushy jobs

You could have left out the word "cushy".

No fairness directive, no fairness is on the air. I'd love to have an over-air station to listen to in my car, but sadly, I don't. It isn't because we don't have listeners. It is because big media types, and their vast piles of money, don't want to air shows where there is true liberal content.

Nope. Try again.

It has more to do with patience and grassroots. Nothing to do with "the man" keeping you down.

Last edited:
faux news dominates because it's full of right wingers who constantly say shocking and controversial things. it's highly entertaining myself. i myself who doesn't care for republicans and conservatives enjoy watching faux news for the entertainment. hannity amazes me all the time.

There are not enough "true liiberals" to make true liberal media profitable.

Nah, you're wrong too.

I'm wrong? Prove it!

You already have. Your graph. A 20 share is something that stations would kill for.

The problem is that liberals are too impatient, and try to 'shake and bake' a liberal network so to speak...like air america. This never works.

Patience, time, talent and support. Gotta have all three to make it work. Liberals only have the talent portion down at this time. Oh yeah, gotta start smaller too.

Nah, you're wrong too.

I'm wrong? Prove it!

You already have. Your graph. A 20 share is something that stations would kill for.

The problem is that liberals are too impatient, and try to 'shake and bake' a liberal network so to speak...like air america. This never works.

Patience, time, talent and support. Gotta have all three to make it work. Liberals only have the talent portion down at this time. Oh yeah, gotta start smaller too.

If you're claim that there's enough liberals to keep liberal media profitable, then explain why it hasn't done so. And then explain why there's a call for the "fairness doctrine" if in fact liberals are well represented in the media? And further explain why liberal radio (Air America) and liberal cable news ( MSNBC ) is struggling in their respective markets while conservative talk radio and cable news is booming.

Forum List

Back