Why football keeps America from ever being invaded.

Football sucks, if anything else caused that much childhood brain injury it would be banned, but they let little kids do it because it "builds character". Also the very idea that football coaches are our highest paid educators is ludicrous.

Please one more ANECDOTAL blown WAY out of proportion! "Brain injuries"!

" In a study of youth football injuries compiled by the Mayo Clinic, of Rochester, Minnesota, Dr. Michael J. Stuart, M.D., a Mayo Clinic orthopedic surgeon said, "Our analysis showed that youth football injuries are uncommon."

Dr. Stuart and his colleagues studied 915 players aged 9-13 years.

The Mayo Clinic study injury incidence rate ranged from nine injuries for every 100,000 player plays for fourth graders
to 33 injuries per 100,000 player plays for eighth graders.
The most common injury was a contusion.
Only four injuries were severe enough to prevent players from returning to play in games following their injuries.
None of the injuries required hospitalization or surgery.

The Institute of Sports Medicine and Athletic Trauma report studied the injury experience of 5,128 boys 8-15 years of age in 71 Pop Warner leagues in New York.

No catastrophic injuries occurred during the Pop Warner study.
The study showed that 1.33 injuries occurred per team during the season that required physician treatment.
None of the injuries reported produced permanent disability in approximately 620,000 hours of football participation.

An annual study produced at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill shows that high school and college-level catastrophic football injuries and deaths have dropped significantly for 35 years.
New coaching techniques have helped reduce the number of deaths and catastrophic injuries.
Heat acclimation, however, poses a greater risk each year to football players.
In 2010, the last year of the UNC study, the number of heat/heart deaths was reported as 11.
Nine of these deaths were in high school football and two were in college football. No heat/heart deaths were reported for youth football in 2010.
The UNC study also showed that football contact injuries generated 2 deaths and 10 catastrophic injuries among more than 6 million estimated players in 2010.

Youth Today

So PLEASE stick with the f...king FACTS and quit this anecdotalizing of single events... rare events... making them sound like it HAPPENS ALL THE TIME !

I am really really fed up with you idiots that take a single rare event and blow it WAY out of proportion!
EVERY ONE of your anecdotes represents 99% of the time NOTHING happened except that one event! 99% of the time NO injuries...NO DEATHS!! NO events!

"...got an issue with that accuracy?..."
Easy there, cowboy...

Don't look now, but I was reinforcing your position to a large extent, rather than throwing rocks at you, as some of our colleagues have in this thread...

Some of that metaphor is entirely subjective and up for spin and interpretation in any number of ways, so I did not think that it was a particularly strong or accurate metaphor...

But I DID see some truth in it, despite the weakness of the metaphor, and thought that that truth deserved its time in the limelight, as well...

The cup is 2/3 full, rather than 1/3 empty, eh?

But, if you don't want the support, well... hell with it... that's OK by me too... no skin off my nose.

Badmitton has kept America free. Anyone who has ever been hit in the eye with a shuttlecock in the heat of a spirited match knows that one does not mess with an American bent on defeating his opponent.

"...got an issue with that accuracy?..."
Easy there, cowboy...

Don't look now, but I was reinforcing your position to a large extent, rather than throwing rocks at you, as some of our colleagues have in this thread...

Some of that metaphor is entirely subjective and up for spin and interpretation in any number of ways, so I did not think that it was a particularly strong or accurate metaphor...

But I DID see some truth in it, despite the weakness of the metaphor, and thought that that truth deserved its time in the limelight, as well...

The cup is 2/3 full, rather than 1/3 empty, eh?

But, if you don't want the support, well... hell with it... that's OK by me too... no skin off my nose.

A squad leader doesn't look for "metaphor" any more then a football coach looks at his offense/defense/special teams as "metaphors"!
My entire point was NO other sport has the same command/control as football which is integral in military organizations.

You can "fine point" my thread but the general principle is what I'm suggesting.
The majority of anti-football idiots jumping to conclusions regarding "violence" injuries.. war-like etc.. are first just that jumping to conclusions.
Football according to Mayo is NOT the catastrophic everyone getting concussions sport the MSM and other jump to conclusion idiots think!

And my pointing out how it ALSO prepares our youths for the structure required of a GOOD military is something NO other sport provides!

Your "accuracy" criticism is unfounded. C2 is found in football. That is a fact. Training in C2 at youth helps develop a better trooper.

OH and these mythical weapons of mass destruction that seemingly are putting to waste "vast armies" as one idiot spoke of in this thread??
Evidently never heard of EMP and the cultural shock that will have!
My point was always that with the ad hoc military/C2 training football offers suppose China or idiot NK pops a nuke at 35,000 feet on west coast America enough for EMP.
Then coordinated with that launches land invasion.. again they are aware of our C2 capabilities with our populace and our 2nd amendment and THAT is what's keeping
them from doing just that!

Badmitton has kept America free. Anyone who has ever been hit in the eye with a shuttlecock in the heat of a spirited match knows that one does not mess with an American bent on defeating his opponent.

I can see your spelling is worse then your thinking!
I pay little or no attention to people like you that don't even pay attention the little red dotted underline of a misspelled word"badminton" idiot!
Obviously you've had one too many cocks in your head!

"...Your 'accuracy' criticism is unfounded..."
Whatever you say...
75_75.gif

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXSLcYQHqFQ]Airplane! - Jive Scene with Translation [1080p] - YouTube[/ame]

"Chump don't want the hep, chump don't get the hep"...
tongue_smile.gif

I pay little or no attention to people like you that don't even pay attention the little red dotted underline of a misspelled word"badminton" idiot!

OMG, This is the second time this week that the Spelling Gestapo has called me down!

I should have suspected something when I spotted you wearing a black leather full length coat....

OkTex already has a file on me. My only hope is to escape to Switzerland! But, then again, they don't play football there, so it will probably be invaded....

Last edited:

OMG, This is the second time this week that the Spelling Gestapo has called me down!

I should have suspected something when I spotted you wearing a black leather full length coat....

OkTex already has a file on me. My only hope is to escape to Switzerland! But, then again, they don't play football there, so it will probably be invaded....
If memory serves correctly, I don't much like your politics, but, setting that aside for a moment...

That last bit was funny as hell...
tongue_smile.gif

LMAO. Please say you are not serious? Football keeps us safe from invasion. Who'd a thunk it? Only you.

You ever play rugby? Rugby is why the Australians haven't been invaded. True story.

Soccer kept the English from ever being invaded. True story. Soccer is the reason the Germans never crossed the English Chanel. True story.

Napoleon also wouldn't cross the English Chanel. But I think that was because of cricket. I would have to check on that one. The French were very concerned about those cricket bats.

You are a full blown idiot !!!

EVERYBODY knows why no one will invade Australia...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJaKAHuErPU]Mad Max 1979 Full HD Movie - YouTube[/ame]

GEEEEESH !!!!

Football sucks, if anything else caused that much childhood brain injury it would be banned, but they let little kids do it because it "builds character".

Looks like you never did build any.

this is how batshit crazy does batshit crazy.

yea, football is why countries don't invade us.

strong work, Socrates.

strong work, Socrates.

Obviously deep thinking is not your strong suit.

Let me make more basic for idiots like you that don't think past the 2nd move on a chess board!

Great armies depend on command and control.

Little buggers playing peewee football are learning early on that
a) quarterback calls plays.
B) Coach runs the team.
"Command and control"...
So instead of depending on idiots like you that constantly have "feelings" we have millions of Americans who have learned through football that the most
effective army like a football team depends on directions from the top getting communicated to the grunts to execute.

As does football.

So any army foolish enough to launch an invasion after firing off a couple EMP nukes frying our country's systems will not know how American fighters are able to
with discipline and communications constantly thwart the invaders.

Youre an idiot.

That football is similar to the military does not translate to "hey we better not invade America, some of them play football."

Thats beyond the pale retarded. Like - a whole new level.

I can see it now - the Chinese generals are in the war room.........they not going over our capabilities...our nukes, our warships....our planes, infrastructure, etc......

Naw, theyre looking at each other going "nah, nah nigga....we aint invading them they play FOOTBALL!"

(you think like a four year old).

Youre an idiot.

That football is similar to the military does not translate to "hey we better not invade America, some of them play football."

Thats beyond the pale retarded. Like - a whole new level.

I can see it now - the Chinese generals are in the war room.........they not going over our capabilities...our nukes, our warships....our planes, infrastructure, etc......

Naw, theyre looking at each other going "nah, nah nigga....we aint invading them they play FOOTBALL!"

(you think like a four year old).

and you spell like a 2 year old!
Idiots like you would be the first to cry .. where are our troops?
Idiots like you that lack the imagination to consider something like this is what superior intelligence gathering organizations are counting on!
Dummies like you who can't even think beyond the 2nd move in a chess match (I bet you don't even know how to play chess!) is what countries
that hate the USA are counting on.. simpletons like you!

AGAIN the point went WAY WAY over your little puny brain.

There is NOTHING you can say that takes away from the fact that millions of American males have an experience that the vast millions of
non-Americans have..i.e. learning to take commands from a commanding officer!
This is what football is about.
Read what our US MILITARY thinks about football as a training tool!

Football at these institutions was used for a number of reasons as outlined by the creators of the V-5 program.
The use of football and athletics for the purpose of training military men drew a lot of flack from people inside and outside of the military as to whether or not it was the best and most efficient way to prepare men for combat. The opposition to the program was not nearly strong enough to work against those in favor of the program.
The program had backing in very high places such as from the Secretary of Navy Frank Knox. Knox believed strongly in the use of football as a training tool for combat. He was one of the biggest advocates of the program and he was also in the best position to see that the program continued
on during the war years. Knox is quoted in the Great Lake’s Bulletin as saying, “[t]his is a war where you kill or get killed! And I don’t know anything that better prepares a man for bodily contact, including war, than the kind of training we get on the football field.” As one can see from these strong words, Knox believed deeply in the advantages of using football as a training technique. He goes on to say that “[there is] a definite relationship between the spirit which makes great football players and the spirit that makes great soldiers or sailors.”

Probably the most important characteristics that a cadet could learn while playing football are keeping a cool head under pressure and learning to work as a cohesive group with a common goal. Staying calm in frantic situations can be the difference between winning and losing in a football game but
on the battlefield this could be the difference between living and dying
. The advantages of having soldiers that have been in pressure situations prior to war are beneficial to any army because it is more likely that these soldiers will be able to keep their composure. The ability of a soldier or group of soldiers to work together as a team is also quite important for an army. More often than not armed forces missions are performed in small or large groups and the cohesiveness of the unit is always important to its success.
Executing individual assignments with a common goal in mind is important for armies and football players alike.

http://library.noctrl.edu/archives/...l_at_miltary_training_centers_during_wwII.pdf

Laugh at the military's position regarding football you dumb f...k!!

Last edited:
Tom Harmon, a graduate of the University of Michigan, cited his football training as the main reason for his surviving two separate instances of being missing in action, once in South America after a crash landing and thirty-two days behind Japanese lines in China after being shot down during World War II. He said, “When you play football it gives you a fighting heart to survive situations I have faced.”
http://library.noctrl.edu/archives/...l_at_miltary_training_centers_during_wwII.pdf

strong work, Socrates.

Let me make more basic for idiots like you that don't think past the 2nd move on a chess board!

B) Coach runs the team.
"Command and control"...
So instead of depending on idiots like you that constantly have "feelings" we have millions of Americans who have learned through football that the most
effective army like a football team depends on directions from the top getting communicated to the grunts to execute.

As does football.

So any army foolish enough to launch an invasion after firing off a couple EMP nukes frying our country's systems will not know how American fighters are able to

Ok then. Lets pretend that football does grant the US some inherent military advantage against other countries. An invasion of a member of the UN Security Council member halfway around the world with a large land area and a massive population is ludicrous, to say the least. But how does football help in a revolution, a far more likely scenario in my opinion at this point (read the end of my sig)?

strong work, Socrates.

B) Coach runs the team.
"Command and control"...

As does football.

Ok then. Lets pretend that football does grant the US some inherent military advantage against other countries. An invasion of a member of the UN Security Council member halfway around the world with a large land area and a massive population is ludicrous, to say the least. But how does football help in a revolution, a far more likely scenario in my opinion at this point (read the end of my sig)?

YOU missed the first part obviously!
What part of an EMP attack needs to be explained to you?
Why are NK missiles only going to a certain height?

Again.. you as millions of obviously less far thinking capabilities as our military planners have can't see beyond the cliched responses you shared.
Out of date memes,cliches... "UN"hahaha! massive population.. us?? again what makes up that massive population?

You've never played football to understand the concept of "command and control"..

READ again what the military KNEW in WWII!!!

"Football at these institutions was used for a number of reasons as outlined by the creators of the V-5 program.
The use of football and athletics for the purpose of training military men drew a lot of flack from people inside and outside of the military as to whether or not it was the best and most efficient way to prepare men for combat. The opposition to the program was not nearly strong enough to work against those in favor of the program.
The program had backing in very high places such as from the Secretary of Navy Frank Knox. Knox believed strongly in the use of football as a training tool for combat. He was one of the biggest advocates of the program and he was also in the best position to see that the program continued on during the war years. Knox is quoted in the Great Lake’s Bulletin as saying, “[t]his is a war where you kill or get killed! And I don’t know anything that better prepares a man for bodily contact, including war, than the kind of training we get on the football field.” As one can see from these strong words, Knox believed deeply in the advantages of using football as a training technique. He goes on to say that “[there is] a definite relationship between the spirit which makes great football players and the spirit that makes great soldiers or sailors.”

Probably the most important characteristics that a cadet could learn while playing football are keeping a cool head under pressure and learning to work as a cohesive group with a common goal. Staying calm in frantic situations can be the difference between winning and losing in a football game but on the battlefield this could be the difference between living and dying\. The advantages of having soldiers that have been in pressure situations prior to war are beneficial to any army because it is more likely that these soldiers will be able to keep their composure. The ability of a soldier or group of soldiers to work together as a team is also quite important for an army. More often than not armed forces missions are performed in small or large groups and the cohesiveness of the unit is always important to its success. Executing individual assignments with a common goal in mind is important for armies and football players alike.

EMP and Iranian ships nearby..
IRAN SAYS WARSHIPS HEADED CLOSE TO US BORDERS
The voyage comes amid an ongoing push by Iran to demonstrate its ability to project power across the Middle East and beyond.

Why would I say if we are lucky? In all likely hood a nuclear weapon will be used and fired over the US in an electromagnetic pulse (EMP) attack destroying our electrical grid which will send the US literally back to the stone age!
Israel Says Iran Less Than A Month Away From Building Nuclear Bomb | Saving the Republic: Video News & Opinion

Forum List

Back