Manning's Legacy...Under Pressure Yikes !!

HUGGY

I Post Because I Care
Mar 24, 2009
Seattle at large...Ballard lately
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCP2-Bfhy04]Queen & Annie Lennox & David Bowie - Under Pressure - HD - YouTube[/ame]

If Manning loses tomorrow his Legacy would have been better if he had missed making it to the Big Dance.

Simple math 1-3 vs 1-4

No matter how well he plays ..he will be known as the QB that has choked more than anyone in the big game.

If he wins, he will go down as one of the greatest QBs of all time, if not the greatest.

No other QB has won 2 Super Bowls with different teams.

Has any QB been to multiple Super Bowls with different teams?

Yeah Manning's under some big pressure. I don't know if he'll be able to handle it a lot of analysts are giving the game to Seattle.

It's gonna be a great game! I don't really care who wins I'm just hoping to pace myself so I can remember the second half this year :razz:

If he wins, he will go down as one of the greatest QBs of all time, if not the greatest.

Kurt Warner went to two SBs with different teams. He won with the Rams but lost with the Cardinals.

When the confetti is raining down blue and green at the end of tomorrow's Superbowl Manning will no longer be in the conversation as one of the best QBs ever.

That is what he personally has on the line.

His record TDs and Yards will be looked upon as an anomaly ... weak competition in the AFC.

Ya...he had a great year statistically...but he couldn't seal the deal.. He choked.

Of course I could be wrong about my preediction in the game. Seattle might step on it's own dick .. Wilson throws for two pick sixes.. Manning throws for a record 8 TDs.. Denver wins 70-10 and Samson has a stroke watching the game.. :lol:

Let's not have Samson have a Stroke..

Seahawks 31

Denver 17

So Manning sez using the word 'embarrass' is an insult. What a jamoke. Manning and the Broncs didn't get embarrassed, they got 'drawed and quartered' by the best defensive SB performance by a team evah! (no mean feat in an NFL age where rules favor offense)

Glad for you Huggy as your team is now at the mountain top and can legitimately flirt with the D-word......Dynasty......as the Hawks are young and scary!!!

Manning is now 1-2 in Superbowls

His team was favored to win all three.

......and with an 11-12 overall playoff record.

Considering the quality of the teams he played for, not too impressive

Great at running up a good regular season record and getting a good playoff seed. Not so good once he gets there. Have rarely seen Peyton beat a better team or carry a playoff team on his back with a heroic drive with time running out

So Manning sez using the word 'embarrass' is an insult. What a jamoke. Manning and the Broncs didn't get embarrassed, they got 'drawed and quartered' by the best defensive SB performance by a team evah! (no mean feat in an NFL age where rules favor offense)

Glad for you Huggy as your team is now at the mountain top and can legitimately flirt with the D-word......Dynasty......as the Hawks are young and scary!!!

It would be hard for Seattle to maintain a "dynasty" once these star players get paid. Wilson will soon be off his rookie contract. Some of the great secondary players are grossly underpaid and will want big contracts. Dynasties are pretty much a thing of the past when clubs didn't have to deal with free agency and a salary cap. Not an easy thing to manage now.

It would be hard for Seattle to maintain a "dynasty" once these star players get paid. Wilson will soon be off his rookie contract. Some of the great secondary players are grossly underpaid and will want big contracts. Dynasties are pretty much a thing of the past when clubs didn't have to deal with free agency and a salary cap. Not an easy thing to manage now.

Hardest part for a Seattle dynasty is the Division they play in

A team like New England can sleepwalk through the season, endure key injuries and unexpected losses and still easily win the AFC East. Jets, Buffalo and Miami are no threat

Seattle must play SF twice and then worry about up and coming teams Arizona and St Louis. A bad stretch of games, key injuries and free agent losses really hurt them. I expect more SB wins...but it is far from easy

Great at running up a good regular season record and getting a good playoff seed. Not so good once he gets there. Have rarely seen Peyton beat a better team or carry a playoff team on his back with a heroic drive with time running out

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

amen to that.just wondering,i remember you mentioned once how Peyton choked in the game against the saints and in a big game when he was in college,could you talk about those two games again please and describe those moments again?

amen to that.just wondering,i remember you mentioned once how Peyton choked in the game against the saints and in a big game when he was in college,could you talk about those two games again please and describe those moments again?

Only if you admit that Oswald acted alone

Only if you admit that Oswald acted alone

thats okay,I remember that thread paid government agent troll, where you said all that,I was just being lazy and didnt want to hunt for it but I'll do some hunting for it and will stop being lazy.wont be too hard to find.

Last edited:
anyways,this latest disater by Peyton just seals the deal that in the BIG game,he always chokes.

This is right up there with the loss to the Ravens last year in the divisional playoffs throwing that interception in overtime ,the saints game,and in college.

the one time he won a superbowl,came against a bears team that the defense and special teams carried them to the superbowl but could not bail them out because their quarterback finally showed his true colors constantly missing wide open recievers that day with constant 3 and outs which is why he is now a journeyman backup quarterback since he got exposed that day.

this is the second time that Manning after facing a GREAT quarterback in the superbowl,choked in the big game when the game was on the line.

and for all the fools who STILL doubt Wilson as a great quarterback,he has only won more games his first two years in the league than any other quarterback out there,only been voted to the pro bowl twice,is always mr clutch and calm when things are going bad for him.

who can forget the gutsy 4th and 7 call for a touchdown against the niners in the NFC championship game by carrol,carrol had incredible confidence on wilson enough to do that, or when it was third and 2 against the saints and he completed a long pass deep down the field to Baldwin for a first down which was a key to winning that game for them in the playoffs?

Wilson reminds me of a quarterback who also won his first superbowl in his second year beating a team in the Rams that nobody thought they had a chance in winning.Like wilson,he also came out of nowhere.Nobody thought they had a prayed of beating Kurt warner and the rams,the greatest show on turf that year.

This nobody of course was a man by the name of Brady who went on to play in 4 more superbowls after that winning two of them and is easily a lock for the hall of fame.

Russel wilson is this generations Tom Brady.

I dunno... He practically WAS the Colts. I mean year after year of 10+ win seasons. He gets a neck injury and misses a year - the Colts plummet to 2-14 and draft Andrew Luck. Can't argue about his lack of postseason success though. He's kind of like Farve - makes great plays but winds up making boneheaded mistakes at critical times.

Nothing can erase the season Manning had. The problem that acompanies that season is that there was no excuse for Peyton's miserable performance last Sunday. The SEASON proved that he had the tools to AT LEAST be competitive. What it showed was there is a glaring hole in Manning's leadership ability.

It was a complete shutout up until the very last play of the third qtr. Peyton Manning went 44 minutes and 55 seconds without scoring a single point to answer the Seahawks 36 points at that time in the game.

Ya his center screwed the pooch on the first play of the game but what happened to Wilson on the first play of the NFC championship game? He was a knat's eyelash from a huge play and the ball was swatted out of his mitt and instantly Seattle was behind by a FG. Did Wilson go into shock? No. He gathered himself and lead his team to a win.

Manning was disturbingly innept considering all of the weapons at his disposal. The only thing he could have done to embarrass himself and his team worse would be if he had soiled himself and had to go to the locker room for a change of "depends".

Yes Peyton Manning has one of the best legacies of any living or dead NFL QB. He and his legacy also must accept one of the worst Superbowl performances in NFL history.

Last edited:

I dunno... He practically WAS the Colts. I mean year after year of 10+ win seasons. He gets a neck injury and misses a year - the Colts plummet to 2-14 and draft Andrew Luck. Can't argue about his lack of postseason success though. He's kind of like Farve - makes great plays but winds up making boneheaded mistakes at critical times.

very true.Like farve,he only has one superbowl win which pretty much is only going to be his ONLY win since this was really his last chance.that is so correct,farve was a good quarterback and everything,but he cost his team MANY chances to advance further in the playoffs with his boneheaded decisions.so very well said.:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Kurt Warner went to two SBs with different teams. He won with the Rams but lost with the Cardinals.

thank god Big Ben was able to lead a comeback drive to beat the cardinals with that great touchdown throw in the final two minutes. i would really hate that bastard warner had he won that game.it was bad enough he took TWO teams i hated to the superbowl and won one of them,had he won that one against the cards,i would have to move to another country or something.

Forum List

Back