Why Exactly Does Romney Want Fewer Firefighters, Police and Teachers?

The federal gov't does a damn poor job of getting involved with just about everything. Where you find the fed gov't spending money locally you will find nothing but waste and foolishness. Why, you may ask... Well the answer should be obvious.

If the goal is to put a fire out in Texas, who is better suited to handle that? A lawyer in Washington, or the guy with the hose in Texas?

If the goal is to raise reading scores in Arizona ---- Again, it should be obvious already. The teacher in Arizona is MUCH more likely to solve the problems of education in Arizona than some Washington beaurocrat who has never even visited the school system in person. The guys in Washinton are just looking to "deliver" in order to "receive" votes.

If you want to make Washington dollars work for Americans the first thing you need to do is decrease the size of the fed gov't. Let local gov't identify needs and solutions based on their SPECIFIC requirements.

Considering the fires in Texas burned for 9 months; it may be time to give the guy in Washington a crack at it.

Funny that schools are single largest expenditures of state governments and our education standards and performance of students is declining.

Maybe it's time we shift our focus.

Shift it to what?

Sending the ignorant into battle as cannon fodder seems to be the historcally most effective solution, but at today's casulty rates (less than 6,000 after 11 years in Iraq AND Afganistan) even this won't raise ACT averages.

We have done nothing but throw good money after bad at education.

When we were leading the world we spent less per student and had larger class sizes.

But that was before the age of grading on a curve, social promotion and the everyone gets a trophy philosophy.

So maybe just maybe we focus on those things that worked.

It was also before worldwide competition and when there was "us" and then "everybody else".

I think we should focus massively on vocational education for any kid that wants it; there will be plenty of gals/guys who want to become litigators, doctors, lawyers, etc.... That is when we lost our bearings in my view; when we created the paradox that a college education is for everyone while at the same time, making it more difficult to attain financially.

Except the Federal government pays block grants to support their budgets.

More to the point, when the Federal Government slashes back, so do the States and local governments.

EVERY locale in the nation does NOT get a Federal Grant, dipshit.

They have their own budgets.

Braindead?

Okay, good point. Wealthy suburbs like the one I live in don't need federal grants.

Small rural towns and big cities do.

Unfortunately, those are the ones that probably NEED the federal grants.

Its a true point.

Police, fire, ems are all local and are payed for with local taxes.

Its a pretty big assuption to think that all Fed money goes to police, fire and ems. I seriously doubt that.

I work for the SO down here in Melbourne, Fl and I've never heard anyone speak of Fed money going to the SO.

My property taxes have gone up over 500% in the past 15 years but my pay is down & we get fewer city services. WTF!!! We built a big new state of the art fire house after 9/11 & filled it with all new equipment. I see these firemen drive the big shinny new fire truck to the grocery store to buy bag loads of choice cuts of expensive steaks & all the fixings to go back to the station & have a big gourmet meal. The city population is smaller than it was 70 years ago when the previous small fire station was built. But none of this has stopped the fireman from standing outside the polls on election day begging for more & more money.

500% ago we had free trash service & a huge city park out my back door. Now the city sold the park to make ends meet & took away the free trash service.

Last edited:
Liberals need to shut the fuck up regarding "harming the children" when they support killing them.....

Children only become a tool to the Statist if they miss being a victim of Abortion in the Statist mindset.

A vote for Romney/Ryan is a vote against the fundamental idea of America, the right of the individual to lead their life privately without the government interfering.

Is lack of proper health care legalized murder? Is collateral damage murder? Are sanctions which only kill children and the sickly murder? Is the lack of a fair wage and a place to sleep murder? If parents can be held accountable for their children after birth and society finds it acceptable to punish them, then shouldn't all those who argue against healthcare, child support, food programs, and welfare, shouldn't they too be held accountable? Is invading a sovereign nation on trumped up charges murder? Did you protest Iraq? Did you cry these crocodile tears? So called pro life may be the biggest hypocritical religious position of modern America as none of these people want to support the living, feed the hungry, stop war, or follow their own phoney stance and have lots of children. None would take care all the children born except to place them into servitude and condemn them. Hypocrites all.

Why is it men who cannot make this decision know the proper decision? Keep your religion out of other people lives.

Does pro-life include not eating and killing other life forms for surely they suffer and die at a more advanced level of life and feeling?

Each month a women, a couple, decide on whether the cells, the potential cells are to be discarded or if they are to attempt a conception and thus life. If they choose not to create life, is that OK, for surely this is life (cellular life) being discarded?

Two out of five (or more) conceptions end naturally, who is at fault here? Nature or gawd? Are these humans?

How is it that a decision, a moral judgment, that a women or a couple makes is thought of as wrong by another person or entity who have no authority to tell or command another person?

Republicans love of people demonstrated.

"Republican legislators have introduced a wide array of laws designed to either outlaw abortion outright or to discourage it by making ridiculous and sometimes humiliating requirements of women who might consider having a pregnancy terminated. These include so-called TRAP (Targeted Regulation of Abortion Providers) regulations." The Consequences of Evil - Republican Legislation Since 2010

"In the 1950s, about a million illegal abortions a year were performed in the U.S., and over a thousand women died each year as a result. Women who were victims of botched or unsanitary abortions came in desperation to hospital emergency wards, where some died of widespread abdominal infections. Many women who recovered from such infections found themselves sterile or chronically and painfully ill. The enormous emotional stress often lasted a long time." HISTORY OF ABORTION

Firefighters, police, EMS, etc. - all hired at LOCAL, not Federal, levels.

Neither Romney, Obama, the Man in the Moon have a say-so on the issue.

Case fucking closed.

Next...... !!!!!

Stop being so ignorant. Much of their training comes from the federal government. States that are poor, mostly Republican, without the federal government wouldn't even have an effective police force, firemen or adequate schools. Just stop the parroting. It's dumb.

Shift it to what?

Sending the ignorant into battle as cannon fodder seems to be the historcally most effective solution, but at today's casulty rates (less than 6,000 after 11 years in Iraq AND Afganistan) even this won't raise ACT averages.

We have done nothing but throw good money after bad at education.

When we were leading the world we spent less per student and had larger class sizes.

But that was before the age of grading on a curve, social promotion and the everyone gets a trophy philosophy.

So maybe just maybe we focus on those things that worked.

It was also before worldwide competition and when there was "us" and then "everybody else".

I think we should focus massively on vocational education for any kid that wants it; there will be plenty of gals/guys who want to become litigators, doctors, lawyers, etc.... That is when we lost our bearings in my view; when we created the paradox that a college education is for everyone while at the same time, making it more difficult to attain financially.

Didn't vocational classes used to be part of the public school curriculum?

As i said we used to do things that worked now we don't.

It's time to face the fact that not everyone has to go to college.

The reason there were vocational classes in high school was because the manufacturing segment needed workers who were skilled with their hands.

Take away most of the manufacturing jobs and what do you know, the schools get rid of the vocational classes.

Used to be in my town, when you came out of HS and you had a couple years auto shop or machine shop, or printing, or woodworking, you could get a job the week you graduated. There were that many jobs needing semi skilled or skilled labor.

I started my apprenticship while still in HS.

Today those jobs are not there. While there are still machine shop jobs around, they require advanced math. You have any idea how low our HS student math scores are these days? And the ones that do well in math go to college because colleges will pay for good math and science students.

We have screwed ourselves by sending all those good paying manufacturing jobs elsewhere. They needed skilled, educated labor and the high schools provided that. Not any more.

The reason there were vocational classes in high school was because the manufacturing segment needed workers who were skilled with their hands.

Take away most of the manufacturing jobs and what do you know, the schools get rid of the vocational classes.

Used to be in my town, when you came out of HS and you had a couple years auto shop or machine shop, or printing, or woodworking, you could get a job the week you graduated. There were that many jobs needing semi skilled or skilled labor.

Today those jobs are not there. While there are still machine shop jobs around, they require advanced math. You have any idea how low our HS student math scores are these days? And the ones that do well in math go to college because colleges will pay for good math and science students.

We have screwed ourselves by sending all those good paying manufacturing jobs elsewhere. They needed skilled, educated labor and the high schools provided that. Not any more.

Yeah because no one drives cars or has plumbing or anything anymore right?

There is still demand for skilled labor

Romney wants a world where whenever possible, whenever human activity takes place that involves the delivery of goods and/or services,

somewhere in the world, somebody makes a profit off it.

What was wrong with the America that built here almost everything we used? What was wrong with an America where a regular guy, working in a factory, could make wages that allowed him to buy a home and support a family on that one income?

What was so wrong with that that it had to be changed?

What was wrong with the America that built here almost everything we used? What was wrong with an America where a regular guy, working in a factory, could make wages that allowed him to buy a home and support a family on that one income?

What was so wrong with that that it had to be changed?

What's wrong with it is that it got too fucking expensive to afford to buy those products that used to be made here.

Romney wants a world where whenever possible, whenever human activity takes place that involves the delivery of goods and/or services,

So would you deliver goods and or services for free?

Before you useless asswipes bitch about teachers and federal workers bankrupting tax payers take the fucking time to actually research where your tax dollars go and how much of it goes it certain areas.

Policy Basics: Where Do Our Federal Tax Dollars Go? — Center on Budget and Policy Priorities

PolicyBasic_WhereOurTaxDollarsGo-f1_rev4-2-12.jpg

A measley fucking 2% of federal dollars go to education, at the federal level less is speant on education and infrastructure, more is spent elsewhere, how the fuck could teachers and federal employees be bankrupting taxpayers? Shove your party line lying bullshit up your asses.

You Idiot! 75% of property taxes go to pay for schools, police & fire!!!!

So would you deliver goods and or services for free?

Exactly. He wants maximum $ for what he does, but everybody else should provide goods and services to him at cost.

Sheer idiocy.

My property taxes have gone up over 500% in the past 15 years but my pay is down & we get fewer city services. WTF!!! We built a big new state of the art fire house after 9/11 & filled it with all new equipment. I see these firemen drive the big shinny new fire truck to the grocery store to buy bag loads of choice cuts of expensive steaks & all the fixings to go back to the station & have a big gourmet meal. The city population is smaller than it was 70 years ago when the previous small fire station was built. But none of this has stopped the fireman from standing outside the polls on election day begging for more & more money.

500% ago we had free trash service & a huge city park out my back door. Now the city sold the park to make ends meet & took away the free trash service.

Has your city had any fires in the past 15 years?

Wow holy shit what a bad thing.......and what exactally is wrong with this?

And you and Obama want to live in a world where noone makes a profit, except the people on the central committee..say like Cuba

Forum List

Back