Why Don't You Put Your Pic On Here?

[Makes perfect sense! Sometimes you just want people to pay attention to your words... thank you for your honesty!! :)

That and the fact that after almost 41 years I've heard every insult, joke and comment thst can be made about it. It's incredibly rare thst someone comes up with something new at this point.

If a person has a public Facebook account or something like that, with pictures and their personal info, then it would be quite easy to use the picture to track the person's identity on the internet, I think. I don't have any pictures on any sites like that o the internet except for at this place, so I'm not too worried about it.

I have my picture up...I tend to read more than post. And if I do post, I don't post stuff that I am ashamed of posting.

My SSN was just stolen by the Chinese (I hold a Secret Clearance that was compromised)...so I guess posting here with a picture cant be any worse than my normal job as far as security goes.

I wonder what percentage of people have experienced identity theft or hacking... seems pretty high....
Very high. I have a business that deals with this. People that post their pictures on this forum almost always leave a trail back to their real identity. I have warned several people by using their real names in a PM.

Someone stole photos of my sister off her memorial website and posted them elsewhere. We had to take her memorial website down. smh.

So sorry, sweetie. That is a really scummy thing to do.

[Makes perfect sense! Sometimes you just want people to pay attention to your words... thank you for your honesty!! :)

That and the fact that after almost 41 years I've heard every insult, joke and comment thst can be made about it. It's incredibly rare thst someone comes up with something new at this point.

It's sad people are stupid - but in any event, I think it's neat not having your pic here because you don't have the interference of judging on looks (whether it be to mock or to flirt/hit on people etc...) not that that doesn't happen here, it's just not (normally) because of someone's looks.... more what they say....

Forum List

Back