My first car when I was 16 years old

BlueJay28

VIP Member
Dec 7, 2014
The Ford Excursion was my first car in 2002 when I was 16.
My Mom asked me why I got something so big and heavy and "almost looks like a bus" lol

I said to her...
I know you don't get out much because of your muscular dystrophy.... but this whole time... there were punkass brainless nobodies out there driving around in their unkempt, worthless 1985 Monte Carlos, Cutlasses and Trans Ams...

And I only recently beat them up to a pulp last year, and I almost went to jail for it too.

If they see me driving around in somebody's normal family car, they'll be more than happy to have a crack at my car.. I know their personality and how they think and what kinds of crap they like to pull...

So I got something that's going to total their piece of shit for them and kill them too if they try to damage my car on the road.

My first was a 1968 Buick Riviera, and I was 15.....Didn't stop me from driving to football practice in the evening...

'66 Beetle, back in 1974. Drove the shit out of it for two years then sold it for what I paid for it: $315.
One time I drove it without breaks (400+) miles.
Without a starter (900+ miles).
Without a clutch (around town).
That thing wouldn't die. And believe me I tried my best LOL.

'66 Beetle, back in 1974. Drove the shit out of it for two years then sold it for what I paid for it: $315.
Those old cars could be operated many wheys compared to the car slave masters make today...

Those old cars could be operated many wheys compared to the car slave masters make today...
I think the turn signal module was the most sophisticated piece of hardware on that Beetle. :lol:

My Mom asked me why I got something so big and heavy and "almost looks like a bus" lol

I said to her...
I know you don't get out much because of your muscular dystrophy.... but this whole time... there were punkass brainless nobodies out there driving around in their unkempt, worthless 1985 Monte Carlos, Cutlasses and Trans Ams...

And I only recently beat them up to a pulp last year, and I almost went to jail for it too.

If they see me driving around in somebody's normal family car, they'll be more than happy to have a crack at my car.. I know their personality and how they think and what kinds of crap they like to pull...

So I got something that's going to total their piece of shit for them and kill them too if they try to damage my car on the road.
Did you come out as gay before or after you got your first car? ...... :cool:

I think the turn signal module was the most sophisticated piece of hardware on that Beetle. :lol:
My Mom and sis both drove Beetles, My Mom had the no clutch Super Beetle..1976.. My sis had an old one a '68 i think..They both complained about always having someone work on them...

I said to her...

Did you come out as gay before or after you got your first car? ...... :cool:
Play nice. :slap:

What was your first donkey? Er... car? :dunno:

My Mom and sis both drove Beetles, My Mom had the no clutch Super Beetle..1976.. My sis had an old one a '68 i think..They both complained about always having someone work on them...
This was my Bible...

HowToJM.png

Here's my first car. Actually, this is a '66. Mine was a '64, brand new and bright red. I loved that car for its 4 wheel drive and its "free wheeling" capability.

It was a two stroke engine, you put oil in the gas tank. You had to wait until the tank was on fumes, put the oil in the gas tank and then fill it with gas. I lived in a small town and in those days, they pumped your gas for you. I would hand the can of oil to the guy and he'd turn green with horror. A few times I told them if they could find a place under the hood, go ahead and put it in.

Saab%201966%2095StationWagon.jpg

I had two bugs. The first was, I think, a 67 and the second a 73. Best cars ever made.

The book pictured above was invaluable. Anyone remember the wonderful exploded drawing? All of the pen and ink drawings were very cool but I always liked that one in particular.

Anyone interested in the history of what happened when it was brought to the US should read Small Wonder. Its long out of print but really fascinating.

For a while, I was interested in auto history so also read about the Wankel engine and that people were actually murdered to stop it from being produced in the US.

I had two bugs. The first was, I think, a 67 and the second a 73. Best cars ever made.

Anyone interested in the history of what happened when it was brought to the US should read Small Wonder. Its long out of print but really fascinating.

For a while, I was interested in auto history so also read about the Wankel engine and that people were actually murdered to stop it from being produced in the US.
Yeah they did make a movie about that..but as we know, big business is as ruthless as the mafia or the government..

Here's my first car. Actually, this is a '66. Mine was a '64, brand new and bright red. I loved that car for its 4 wheel drive and its "free wheeling" capability.

It was a two stroke engine, you put oil in the gas tank. You had to wait until the tank was on fumes, put the oil in the gas tank and then fill it with gas. I lived in a small town and in those days, they pumped your gas for you. I would hand the can of oil to the guy and he'd turn green with horror. A few times I told them if they could find a place under the hood, go ahead and put it in.

Saab%201966%2095StationWagon.jpg
Looks like a typical Commie car. :slap:

j/k :beer:

This was my Bible...

HowToJM.png

Got a brand new copy right here. Have a '68 in the garage with the engine out.

This was my Bible...

HowToJM.png

Got a brand new copy right here. Have a '68 in the garage with the engine out.
Do not give up on it. I found a '67 several years ago, tinkered with it then sold it. I could kick myself.

Forum List

Back