Why don't we ban alcoholic beverages instead of making it illegal to drive drunk?

If we could have a common sense debate on firearms I'm sure we could find common ground. The problem is the gun control lobby are LIARS. Its taking all our time and money to fight off these lies and infringements on our 2nd amendment rights based on these lies.

Look at Hillary and her clown VP Tim Kaine LIES about the Las Vegas shooting. Kaine claimed "He only was stopped finally because he didn’t have a silencer on his weapon" LIE. Even the Washington Post gave Kaine 2 Pinocchio's :eusa_liar::eusa_liar:

But the damage was already done, they LIED and the liberal media reported their LIES. Sure now its been fact checked but how many people believed their LIES and are unaware they were lied to? That's how the gun control lobby manipulates people's opinions, by lying over and over again, until you get the masses thinking these LIES are true.

So we can't have a debate on firearms when the other side lies through their teeth.

Drunk driving kills roughly 30 people EVERY SINGLE DAY IN AMERICA.

Alcohol is legal to consume with certain age and location limitations.

Drunk Driving is illegal....yet it happens...and people die.

We should ban all alcohol to make sure we never have any more drunk driving fatalities.

It's the only way to be sure and save 10,000 lives per year in America.

There are many, many laws about the production and distribution of alcoholic beverages
Just like we need laws about the production and distribution of guns

Automatic weapons are illegal.

Just as is murder.

How do we make Automatic weapons and murder MORE illegal? Specifically?
First we must come to the conclusion that making something illegal does not eliminate that crime. Writing a law is not creating a panacea.

But laws are effective in reducing crimes. Enforcement of those laws is what makes them effective.

Advancing gun technology has made shooting incidents more tragic in terms of body count. Automatic weapons, and weapons easily modified to make their rate of fire comparable to automatic weapons are accountable for the 'mass' in 'mass shooting'. Without practical sporting use, why should such weapons be on our streets? It seems to me that such weapons belong in the hands of a well regulated militia. And by well regulated militia I don't mean four beer buddies cruising around in a Dodge Durango. I mean organizations like the Narional Guard.

When assault weapons bans are debated, all too often the topic gets bogged down in semantics and cosmetics. Flash suppressors, the size of the grip, stock and sights obstruct the kernel of the threat. That is the firing system.

Bolt action rifles, revolvers and pump action shot guns have sporting purposes at their design core. But semi-automatic firing systems are designed to kill as many people as quickly as possible. Why should such weapons,be on our streets?

Just as is murder.

First we must come to the conclusion that making something illegal does not eliminate that crime. Writing a law is not creating a panacea.

But laws are effective in reducing crimes. Enforcement of those laws is what makes them effective.

Advancing gun technology has made shooting incidents more tragic in terms of body count. Automatic weapons, and weapons easily modified to make their rate of fire comparable to automatic weapons are accountable for the 'mass' in 'mass shooting'. Without practical sporting use, why should such weapons be on our streets? It seems to me that such weapons belong in the hands of a well regulated militia. And by well regulated militia I don't mean four beer buddies cruising around in a Dodge Durango. I mean organizations like the Narional Guard.

When assault weapons bans are debated, all too often the topic gets bogged down in semantics and cosmetics. Flash suppressors, the size of the grip, stock and sights obstruct the kernel of the threat. That is the firing system.

Bolt action rifles, revolvers and pump action shot guns have sporting purposes at their design core. But semi-automatic firing systems are designed to kill as many people as quickly as possible. Why should such weapons,be on our streets?

What part of the 2nd amendment mentions sporting use?

You used to be able to sell alcoholic beverages to 18 year olds.......too many died
Now you can't

You used to be able to sell bump stocks.....too many died last weekend
So we need to make it you can't

See how it works?

While no law would have prevented this particular attack, there are some steps that could have made this particular attack less deadly and vast in its circumstance.

Gun technology has developed weapons providing a greater rate of fire. Is there a need among the citizens for such a deadly rate of fire? Could the technology have been responsibly checked?. Yes.

And there is something that could be done.

If you seek to blame President Obama for bump stocks, go ahead. That blame only serves to provide cheap political points and, as President Obama is no longer in office, what possible difference could that make today?

Bump stocks were approved during his administration. One can "blame" him or not.....Lots of people love the blame game.

We seem to fundamentally disagree on gun control. The current laws seemingly are doing fine with the 300+ million guns in America.

I've seen many advocate for the government confiscation of all guns. People like Matt Damon, who makes millions of dollars from glorifying gun violence has said that all guns should be banned.

if that is accomplished, only criminals and the government will have guns...not law abiding citizens. I simply disagree with that. it's how Hitler was able to commit genocide.
I don't think any marginally sane person can say LV or Sandy Hook demonstrated "current laws are doing fine."

Now what could/should be changed is a point that could be debated.

I guess I am insane.

Sandy hook was a mental heath issue and a mother who handled her mentally ill child the exact wrong way.

Again, if there are no laws being proposed that would prevent these types of shootings, it's fucking stupid as shit to propose legislation that has nothing to do with the incidents.

I don't think any marginally sane person can say that the laws being proposed would have prevented those 2 incidents.

Like I already said, my 13 year old son can't go into a sporting goods store and buy a fully automatic M-60 machine gun.....because we have GUN LAWS.

You are irrational to call these instances purely mental health issues.
Correct. The mentally frazzled would find some means of turning their disturbances into violent actions. But without the means of rapid firing guns, their violent actions could be less impactful in terms of body counts.
Well, it's not just mass shootings or even about mass shootings, even though that's sort of what the OP was aimed at. The OP is sophomoric and logically flawed, which is why I made sophomoric fun of it. There are mental health and maturity issues. We put child safety locks on OTC meds, we make folks with alcoholism have breathalyzers in their cars to test them before they drive, we make it more than inconvenient for people with REAL psychological conditions to get meds for treatment. Yet for some reason, we have fucking hysteria at the very notion of having similar restrictions on guns. People go back to "but the right may not be infringed" but the reality is the right may, and always has been, regulated. And that is just to keep some kid from accidentally killing a sibling playing cowboys and Indians, let alone truly crazy people.

But more to the OP, placing limits on how many weapons could be purchased in some time frame, or similarly how much ammunitions ... and explosive targets (WTF) wouldn't burden the 2nd at all. I could argue people have a right to "high capacity" .227 weapons, but that doesn't mean they should leave them around without trigger locks when they aren't home.

Our laws are not "just fine" as to firearms. The laws aren't perfect, but the responses to Sandy Hook, Columbine and even LV are not rational.

Just as is murder.

What part of the 2nd amendment mentions sporting use?
None. But what part says you should bear any and all arms developed?

Odd fact. Federal regulations have led to a huge reduction in traffic fatalities over the past three decades.

So fucking oppressive!
And the murder rate is at it's lowest level in 3 decades

Yep. And?

You making the argument that this is because we have more guns? That's retarded, you know.
No I'm saying that guns don't increase the murder rate just like gun laws don't decrease the murder rate

So why all the fuss about guns?

More guns = more crime.

Because we aint a fascist country..Of course if you had your way we would be...

Freedom and conservationism is like good health and cancer. They don't work together.

Were we a fascist country in the 30s?

Hyperbole.

Odd fact. Federal regulations have led to a huge reduction in traffic fatalities over the past three decades.

So fucking oppressive!

Yep. And?

You making the argument that this is because we have more guns? That's retarded, you know.
No I'm saying that guns don't increase the murder rate just like gun laws don't decrease the murder rate

More guns = more crime.

What crimes do guns commit?

So fucking oppressive!

Yep. And?

More guns = more crime.

Completely false.

Tell me why our murder rate is at a 120 year low when we have more guns now than we ever have.

So fucking oppressive!

Yep. And?

More guns = more crime.

Completely false.

Tell me why our murder rate is at a 120 year low when we have more guns now than we ever have.

Fewer gun owners.

Gun ownership is up 50% while gun murders are down 50%.

PROGS JUST FUCKING HATE FACTS

guns_per_person_vs._gun_homicide_rate_1993_to_2013_0.jpg

Last edited:

So fucking oppressive!

Yep. And?

More guns = more crime.

What crimes do guns commit?

Derp. Derp. I'm gonna ask a stupid question to make the big bad wibewal gun gwabba go away! Derp.

Gun ownership is up 50% while gun murders were down 50%.

Gun murders are down even though people have more guns......but don't expect the lefties to pay attention to the facts.

The Dimwit left will use anything and everything they can get away with to tear down the 2nd Amendment.....they are anti-Constitutional and anti-American....we need to make them into a permanently irrelevant party.

Gun ownership is up 50% while gun murders were down 50%.

Gun murders are down even though people have more guns......but don't expect the lefties to pay attention to the facts.

The Dimwit left will use anything and everything they can get away with to tear down the 2nd Amendment.....they are anti-Constitutional and anti-American....we need to make them into a permanently irrelevant party.

Incorrect. You fuckers don't have the ability not the desire to understand the issue.

Bump stocks were approved during his administration. One can "blame" him or not.....Lots of people love the blame game.

We seem to fundamentally disagree on gun control. The current laws seemingly are doing fine with the 300+ million guns in America.

I've seen many advocate for the government confiscation of all guns. People like Matt Damon, who makes millions of dollars from glorifying gun violence has said that all guns should be banned.

if that is accomplished, only criminals and the government will have guns...not law abiding citizens. I simply disagree with that. it's how Hitler was able to commit genocide.
I don't think any marginally sane person can say LV or Sandy Hook demonstrated "current laws are doing fine."

Now what could/should be changed is a point that could be debated.

I guess I am insane.

Sandy hook was a mental heath issue and a mother who handled her mentally ill child the exact wrong way.

Again, if there are no laws being proposed that would prevent these types of shootings, it's fucking stupid as shit to propose legislation that has nothing to do with the incidents.

I don't think any marginally sane person can say that the laws being proposed would have prevented those 2 incidents.

Like I already said, my 13 year old son can't go into a sporting goods store and buy a fully automatic M-60 machine gun.....because we have GUN LAWS.

You are irrational to call these instances purely mental health issues.
Correct. The mentally frazzled would find some means of turning their disturbances into violent actions. But without the means of rapid firing guns, their violent actions could be less impactful in terms of body counts.
Well, it's not just mass shootings or even about mass shootings, even though that's sort of what the OP was aimed at. The OP is sophomoric and logically flawed, which is why I made sophomoric fun of it. There are mental health and maturity issues. We put child safety locks on OTC meds, we make folks with alcoholism have breathalyzers in their cars to test them before they drive, we make it more than inconvenient for people with REAL psychological conditions to get meds for treatment. Yet for some reason, we have fucking hysteria at the very notion of having similar restrictions on guns. People go back to "but the right may not be infringed" but the reality is the right may, and always has been, regulated. And that is just to keep some kid from accidentally killing a sibling playing cowboys and Indians, let alone truly crazy people.

But more to the OP, placing limits on how many weapons could be purchased in some time frame, or similarly how much ammunitions ... and explosive targets (WTF) wouldn't burden the 2nd at all. I could argue people have a right to "high capacity" .227 weapons, but that doesn't mean they should leave them around without trigger locks when they aren't home.

Our laws are not "just fine" as to firearms. The laws aren't perfect, but the responses to Sandy Hook, Columbine and even LV are not rational.

The problem is you can make all the laws you want, but it's not going to stop the bad guys from getting or using guns.

When you make more legislation, that legislation only works on law biding people.

Democrats are renown for saying they want something, and it's only the beginning.

I remember when they only wanted to take lead out of paint and gasoline to help control pollution. Today we pay thousands of dollars for cleaner blends of gasoline and all the pollution crap in our cars. I remember when they said they only wanted gays out of the closet. Today, they are forcing marriages in states that never wanted them, and they are adopting children. I remember when the left said they only wanted to outlaw cigarettes in movie theaters. Today you can't even have a cigarette outside in a park or on some beaches.

So we allow Democrats to enact gun legislation. Given their history, do you really think it would stop there?

Drunk driving kills roughly 30 people EVERY SINGLE DAY IN AMERICA.

Alcohol is legal to consume with certain age and location limitations.

Drunk Driving is illegal....yet it happens...and people die.

We should ban all alcohol to make sure we never have any more drunk driving fatalities.

It's the only way to be sure and save 10,000 lives per year in America.
:clap2::clap2::clap2::udaman::udaman:

Forum List

Back