Why don't we ban alcoholic beverages instead of making it illegal to drive drunk?

Odd fact. Federal regulations have led to a huge reduction in traffic fatalities over the past three decades.

So fucking oppressive!

Conservatives want America to be like Somalia. Fuck this little thing called civilization and doing what is right to protect the public..

Conservativism in the modern sense is about hatred of civilization...
You need to get out of the house occasionally.

You may find a different world beyond Mom's basement.

You know what??? There isn't a black or white choice. We allow people to drink but expect them to fucking take a cab if they're doing so. Is that really so wrong???

We allow people to have guns but we should have back ground checks on their sanity.

Drunk driving kills roughly 30 people EVERY SINGLE DAY IN AMERICA.

Alcohol is legal to consume with certain age and location limitations.

Drunk Driving is illegal....yet it happens...and people die.

We should ban all alcohol to make sure we never have any more drunk driving fatalities.

It's the only way to be sure and save 10,000 lives per year in America.

Good point. We tried banning booze and it simply created a black market by way of neighboring countries and increase in violence to boot. Go ahead. Ban guns. Hollywood will keep up its gang bang gun culture in movies while those well motivated to acquire guns and inflict terrorism will do so in the black market. But, Liberals will have claimed victory because all of the lawful gun owners will be devoid of guns.

You know what??? There isn't a black or white choice. We allow people to drink but expect them to fucking take a cab if they're doing so. Is that really so wrong???

We allow people to have guns but we should have back ground checks on their sanity.

And just how does one go about obtaining a background check of ones sanity?

I want to know why it's illegal to drink a beer while driving...

Agreed. After all, if we ever did a study, we would probably find that most drunks drive home safely.

Why not a six pack?

You act like it was never legal before..

And while there are more cars on the road than ever, drunk driving fatalities are down.

Proves without a doubt that liberal policies work!

Liberal policies normally do! Environment, health, etc.

Agreed. After all, if we ever did a study, we would probably find that most drunks drive home safely.

Why not a six pack?

And while there are more cars on the road than ever, drunk driving fatalities are down.

Proves without a doubt that liberal policies work!

Liberal policies normally do! Environment, health, etc.

Yeah, however it's not really a liberal policy. Drunk driving laws used to be universally accepted. Now (apparently) peoples' freedumbs to drive like an asshole are being taken away. It's just a continuation of this idiotic anti-government libertarian bullshit on LSD the right has gotten mixed up in.

Why not a six pack?

Sure, why not?

Well, most likely it will increase drunk driving accidents and fatalities. Sorry, you're just going to have to drink in mom's basement.

Really? I thought you libs told us that legalizing pot would not create more pot smokers, or legalizing all drugs would actually reduce drug users.

Why not a six pack?

Sure, why not?

Well, most likely it will increase drunk driving accidents and fatalities. Sorry, you're just going to have to drink in mom's basement.

Really? I thought you libs told us that legalizing pot would not create more pot smokers, or legalizing all drugs would actually reduce drug users.

If there are more pot smokers then so what? I'm also not really for legalizing all drugs, however I'm open to the idea. Not sure what any of that has to do with imbibing alcohol while operating heavy machinery.

Why not a six pack?

Sure, why not?

If there are more pot smokers then so what? I'm also not really for legalizing all drugs, however I'm open to the idea. Not sure what any of that has to do with imbibing alcohol while operating heavy machinery.

Then I'll explain: You stated allowing people to drive intoxicated would lead to more people doing so, and probably increase fatalities and accidents. So why would legalizing drugs not do the same?

Why not a six pack?

I worked in a place during the 80's and many many people had multiple drinks for lunch and got in their car and went back to work..

You don't see that as much these days..

Drunk driving kills roughly 30 people EVERY SINGLE DAY IN AMERICA.

Alcohol is legal to consume with certain age and location limitations.

Drunk Driving is illegal....yet it happens...and people die.

We should ban all alcohol to make sure we never have any more drunk driving fatalities.

It's the only way to be sure and save 10,000 lives per year in America.

Nobody is trying to ban all guns.

Why not a six pack?

I am not talking drunk driving, I am talking about drinking a beer, or are you a 4 year old little girl?

Forum List

Back