Why don't we ban alcoholic beverages instead of making it illegal to drive drunk?

I want to know why it's illegal to drink a beer while driving...

Agreed. After all, if we ever did a study, we would probably find that most drunks drive home safely.

Why not a six pack?

Sure, why not?

Well, most likely it will increase drunk driving accidents and fatalities. Sorry, you're just going to have to drink in mom's basement.

You on't even know who has been drinking and driving drunk.

Btw you lie..

Americans are still way too tolerant of drunken driving

Despite some success lowering the percentage of alcohol-related highway deaths to 29.2 percent of all traffic fatalities, that still means that 10,265 people were killed in 2015. That's a 3.2 percent increase over 2014. It's still almost a third of all traffic deaths.

Agreed. After all, if we ever did a study, we would probably find that most drunks drive home safely.

Why not a six pack?

You act like it was never legal before..

And while there are more cars on the road than ever, drunk driving fatalities are down.

I am not talking drunk driving, I am talking about drinking a beer, or are you a 4 year old little girl?

Yeah, and common sense laws stopping people from having 'a beer' while driving appear to have lowered the number of drunk driving fatalities. Poor, bear, the law just won't allow it.

Why not a six pack?

Sure, why not?

Well, most likely it will increase drunk driving accidents and fatalities. Sorry, you're just going to have to drink in mom's basement.

Really? I thought you libs told us that legalizing pot would not create more pot smokers, or legalizing all drugs would actually reduce drug users.

If there are more pot smokers then so what? I'm also not really for legalizing all drugs, however I'm open to the idea. Not sure what any of that has to do with imbibing alcohol while operating heavy machinery.

Then I'll explain: You stated allowing people to drive intoxicated would lead to more people doing so, and probably increase fatalities and accidents. So why would legalizing drugs not do the same?

It might.

Why not a six pack?

And while there are more cars on the road than ever, drunk driving fatalities are down.

I am not talking drunk driving, I am talking about drinking a beer, or are you a 4 year old little girl?

Yeah, and common sense laws stopping people from having 'a beer' while driving appear to have lowered the number of drunk driving fatalities. Poor, bear, the law just won't allow it.

Fatalities have decreased thanks to manufacturing improvements that make cars far more capable of taking a hit. Much of that technology has come from the racing world, and has nothing to do with regulations. The number of drunk driving crashes has remained about the same over the last 20 years.

Why not a six pack?

How is it common sense? Me drinking a beer and driving is less dangerous then you putting on make up/ lipstick on while driving .

Why bother to have laws against drunk driving, since it won't stop people from driving drunk?

I agree. Instead, when they crash into something they lose everything and spend the rest of their lives in prison. Here in Nevada it's a felony when you get to your third arrest. We have assholes who are on arrest number 17! Fuck them. Toss them in prison and throw away the key. But no, idiots like you say "ahhhh, they didn't hurt no one (this time), give them a break". Fuck 'em. They have no regard for the rights of others so why the fuck should I care about them?

Why not a six pack?

Sure, why not?

Right, hence the no drinking, makes it easier for the cops.

Btw you lie..

Despite some success lowering the percentage of alcohol-related highway deaths to 29.2 percent of all traffic fatalities, that still means that 10,265 people were killed in 2015. That's a 3.2 percent increase over 2014. It's still almost a third of all traffic deaths.

Jesus, look at the big picture.

Total+Drunk-Driving+Fatalities+Per+Million+Population.jpg

Why not a six pack?

Sure, why not?

Btw you lie..

Did we have seat belt laws in 1982 Einstein?

Like Ray alluded to, I would trust most drunk drivers then people texting or using a cell phone while driving, the person who had a few drinks is paying attention to the road wants to get home not get busted. The person using the cell phone could give a rats ass..

Why not a six pack?

Fatalities have decreased thanks to manufacturing improvements that make cars far more capable of taking a hit. Much of that technology has come from the racing world, and has nothing to do with regulations. The number of drunk driving crashes has remained about the same over the last 20 years.

No, the number of traffic fatalities and injuries caused by drunk driving has gone down by percentage of all accidents. In other words, less drunk driving.

From the National Review:
Sobering Success

Since the beginning of serious DUI-reform efforts in the early 1980s, we have seen the number of drunk-driving deaths and drunk-driving injuries substantially reduced — by half, across the board, and by more than that when it comes to young people. In the 1970s, alcohol was a factor in 60 percent of traffic deaths and nearly 70 percent of traffic deaths involving young people. Today, that share is closer to a third in both groups. And that’s a smaller share of a smaller total group of fatalities: In 1982, 5,244 people age 16 to 20 died in drunk-driving accidents; by 2008, that number had fallen to 1,987.

For starters, we can ban 24x7 coverage of mass shootings by the Lamestream (mostly LibTard) Media... way too much LibProg Kool-Aid being served-up and swilled...

Why not a six pack?

Why bother to have laws against drunk driving, since it won't stop people from driving drunk?

I agree. Instead, when they crash into something they lose everything and spend the rest of their lives in prison. Here in Nevada it's a felony when you get to your third arrest. We have assholes who are on arrest number 17! Fuck them. Toss them in prison and throw away the key. But no, idiots like you say "ahhhh, they didn't hurt no one (this time), give them a break". Fuck 'em. They have no regard for the rights of others so why the fuck should I care about them?

I was being sarcastic.

Why not a six pack?

Sure, why not?

Btw you lie..

Did we have seat belt laws in 1982 Einstein?

Read my last post, Quayle.

Good idea. Then they will go after air freshener people since they already got smokers, then drinkers.

No, the number of traffic fatalities and injuries caused by drunk driving has gone down by percentage of all accidents. In other words, less drunk driving.

From the National Review:
Sobering Success

Since the beginning of serious DUI-reform efforts in the early 1980s, we have seen the number of drunk-driving deaths and drunk-driving injuries substantially reduced — by half, across the board, and by more than that when it comes to young people. In the 1970s, alcohol was a factor in 60 percent of traffic deaths and nearly 70 percent of traffic deaths involving young people. Today, that share is closer to a third in both groups. And that’s a smaller share of a smaller total group of fatalities: In 1982, 5,244 people age 16 to 20 died in drunk-driving accidents; by 2008, that number had fallen to 1,987.

Maybe, but nobody is having fun anymore.

Forum List

Back