Why don't Mexicans immigrate to America legally?

Why is immigration in America illegal mostly?
I'm not sure what the process is, but there is a process to legally immigrate to America - and then you can work legally and don't have to worry about deportation. Also they risk dehydration death walking through the desert for 3 days.
Is not America so hospitable?
Or Mexicans just like to be illegal...
I don't know that immigration to America is mostly illegal, I don't know that it isn't. I don't have the statistics on that. I do know that there are plenty of illegal non Hispanics in the US who have overstayed their visas. But, nobody notices them because they "look American"

Think about what you just said; they risk dehydration and death and other things trying to cross the border. Why would someone take such a risk? For fun? Or as you said, because they "like to be illegal"? You really think people would take such a great risk for a silly frivolous reason? I think some are desperate. Others are drug dealers, or other criminals coming to the US to probably do business with other criminals here in the US. Again, I don't know the statistics on that.

I do think that the US needs to get a handle on immigration; my main concern at the moment is having people who would do the US great harm(terrorists) entering the US through Mexico.

I can't tell you exactly what the process is to come here legally. I can tell you that it takes years. My dad came here (Chicago) from Mexico on a work visa back in 1966. My mom was here briefly with my 2 older brothers and older sister. While she was here my other sister was born in 1967. In 1968 my mom went back to Mexico with the 4 kids, and she was pregnant with me. That same year, she began the process of getting everything in order so the whole family could move to the US legally. My dad, also, worked on getting his permanent residency while he was up here working. Long story short, the first 7 years of my life, I saw my dad a couple of weeks a year, because, he was living in Chicago, and we were in Mexico. I realize the great sacrifice my parents made, being apart from each other for so long. My mom having to look after 5 kids on her own, my dad having to be away from his family. Finally in 1975 the rest of us were able to move to Chicago. We really only lived in Chicago one year and moved to the suburbs after that. I'm currently in the far north suburbs, half an hour away from the Wisconsin border.

In any case, I am really torn on the immigration issue. On the one hand, I understand the desperation that drives people to come here illegally. On the other hand, I feel like it's a slap in the face to those of us who did it the right way. I think of my parent's sacrifice and it just really irks me that someone would "jump the line" so to speak. But, as I stated earlier, my biggest concern is that terrorists would take advantage of the southern border to make their way here undetected just to wreak havoc and cause death and destruction.
Oh, and I forgot to add, that we are all now US citizens. We have been since 1986.

Tens of thousands of Mexicans have work visas and enter and depart the USA on a daily basis.

San-Ysidro-border-crossing.jpg

Tens of thousands more have short term visas to come and visit relatives.

It's the criminal class that we have serious problems with.

Tens of thousands of Mexicans have work visas and enter and depart the USA on a daily basis.

San-Ysidro-border-crossing.jpg

Tens of thousands more have short term visas to come and visit relatives.

It's the criminal class that we have serious problems with.

Tens of thousands more have short visas to come and visits relatives???
If that is true then there are no illegals crossing the borders. They just drive up to the borders..... Ummm I'm visiting a relative. I will return tomorrow.
I know that when an illegal return to Mexico to attend important occasion such as wedding or a funeral. They have to return to US illegally. Some are caught multiple times as many as 15 then deported 15 times.

My brother-in-Law who lives in Tijuana has a pass that allows him to freely cross the border. So does my sister-in-law who live in Mazatlan. They can obtain them just about anywhere at the border with no problem.

My brother-in-Law who lives in Tijuana has a pass that allows him to freely cross the border. So does my sister-in-law who live in Mazatlan. They can obtain them just about anywhere at the border with no problem.
Is your brother in law or your sister in law are Mexican or US citizen?

Mexicans.

Getting back to the main thread, one of the reasons many Mexicans cross the border illegally is because of the excessive cost and time needed to apply for a visa. I went through getting my wife and her five children their green cards more than 25 years ago and it costs me thousands of dollars.

I have no idea what it is today but can just about bet it precludes anybody but wealthy Mexicans to go through the process.

Is your brother in law or your sister in law are Mexican or US citizen?

Mexicans.

Getting back to the main thread, one of the reasons many Mexicans cross the border illegally is because of the excessive cost and time needed to apply for a visa. I went through getting my wife and her five children their green cards more than 25 years ago and it costs me thousands of dollars.

I have no idea what it is today but can just about bet it precludes anybody but wealthy Mexicans to go through the process.

Tough cookies! We don't need all these poor, unskilled and uneducated Mexicans or others like then coming here in the first place. They are a burden to our society.

Mexicans think it's one country and shouldn't have borders between mexico and the US. They laughingly refer to us as one people.

Which is an indication of how really stupid they are.

Mexicans think it's one country and shouldn't have borders between mexico and the US. They laughingly refer to us as one people.

Oh, that's what all Mexican people think? Really?

It's a Reconquista attitude. Mexicans are citizens of Mexico. Americans are citizens of the U.S. Yes, they are stupid and can't make anything of Mexico so think they can claim this country instead.

It's a Reconquista attitude. Mexicans are citizens of Mexico. Americans are citizens of the U.S. Yes, they are stupid and can't make anything of Mexico so think they can claim this country instead.

All Mexicans are stupid? That is a stupid thing to say, stupid.

the smart ones stay in their own country and imagine ways to make it better, then work toward that goal. If that goal cannot be met or realized, then they will being the paper work to move to the U.S where they can use their intellect to create a better life for not only them, but for those already here. We need and welcome these people.
the stupid ones sneak into the U.S and try to suck off what others have built. fuck these filthy animals.
so, its easy to say that those here illegally are stupid.

the smart ones stay in their own country and imagine ways to make it better, then work toward that goal. If that goal cannot be met or realized, then they will being the paper work to move to the U.S where they can use their intellect to create a better life for not only them, but for those already here. We need and welcome these people.
the stupid ones sneak into the U.S and try to suck off what others have built. fuck these filthy animals.

Actually the smart ones tend to leave Mexico for better life and future. If you smart you leave and why would anyone stay in a rotten country. If you are stupid then stay there and rot. That's the reality.

Actually the smart ones tend to leave Mexico for better life and future. If you smart you leave and why would anyone stay in a rotten country. If you are stupid then stay there and rot. That's the reality.
If the illegal ones were smart they wouldnt have to come here and beg from citizens.
at least the ones that end up in Maryland are all worthless pieces of shit that have no value at all.

Forum List

Back