Why Donald Trump’s supporters tolerate his lies

I think it's nonsense to get into assumptions about what's in his supporters' minds. There are plenty around here to tell us themselves.
That's an important point. They wear their emotions on their sleeve, and they don't exactly hide their adoration for this person.

The motivation is what fascinates me, and I still don't understand it. He's somehow filling a huge hole in their lives. What is the nature of that need?

What makes understanding this more difficult is the fact that they're so poor at explaining it. All you get are angry, simplistic talking points and rote platitudes. And insults, of course. Like they think they're doing a radio talk show with millions of listeners.

I've said it a thousand times: This isn't about him, it's about them. And it's about us not learning from history.

That's an important point. They wear their emotions on their sleeve, and they don't hide the adoration for this person.

The motivation is what fascinates me, and I still don't understand it. He's somehow filling a huge hole in their lives. What is the nature of that need?

What makes understanding this more difficult is the fact that they're so poor at explaining it. All you get are angry, simplistic talking points and rote platitudes. And insults, of course.

I've said it a thousand times: This isn't about him, it's about them. And it's about us not learning from history.
You're an idiot

This is a pretty spot on article. It does explain why a lot of Trump supporters fell for so many of his lies. And still do.

Why Donald Trump’s supporters tolerate his lies

skipped........

“Among the many reasons that Trump’s supporters excuse his lying is that they, like Trump himself, do not really hold him to the standards that human persons are held to. And that is because many of his supporters, like Trump himself, do not consider him to be a person — he is more like a primal force or superhero, more than a person, but less than a person, too.”

Most Trump supporters don't think Trump lies.

Yes, they really are that stupid.

If you drew a Venn Diagram of blob supporters and those who are fans of professional wrestling; you'd see one circle. They believe wresting is real and if something does happen with real life implications that pops that balloon of make-believe; they simply pretend it didn't happen.
A new day of derangement for these liars to wallow in.

That's an important point. They wear their emotions on their sleeve, and they don't exactly hide their adoration for this person.
What makes understanding this more difficult is the fact that they're so poor at explaining it. All you get are angry, simplistic talking points and rote platitudes. And insults, of course. Like they think they're doing a radio talk show with millions of listeners.
You're right, you're not learning from history. We are proud of our heritage. This is nothing new. Hopefully someday we will return to our glory days.

Forum List

Back