Why doesn't the DoD just reorganize the Marines...

A funny story (at least to me). I have two sons in the Marine Corp, both of whome recently completed their MOS training and headed to their permanent duty stations. One of them went through MOS school at Fort Leonard Wood, MO. He was telling me that the Army trainee's had top salute the Marines (no matter their rank)....that to me shows the respect that the Army has for the elite US fighting force...and a respect that would be lost if they were part of the Army.

He also told me that the Air Force guys got additional pay for being stationed on the same base as Marines and that the Marines were not allowed to go round in groups of more than 4, because they were concerned about what they could do to anyone.

Be afraid...be very afraid....USMC all the way!!!!

Maybe you're onto something. I was thinking the Marines should absorb the Air Force, but then we don't need you so it would be only an act of charity. We could pawn you off on the Navy but they don't need you either.

Matter of fact seems everybody can do their own flying AND fighting on the ground but you powderpuffs.

Probably be best if we divvy up your assets among the 3 useful services and just send y'all home since you couldn't pass a PFT and the sight of an actual bayonet would make you faint.

Or perhaps y'all should be re-absorbed back into the Army where you came from. You know ... back when the USAAF was worth a fuck?

That's cold, Gunny. My service was not in vain.

I maintained nuclear missiles, something that keeps the cockroaches from fucking with us.

Plus, I can fold hospital corners like a fucking PRO.

I maintained nuclear missiles, something that keeps the cockroaches from fucking with us.

Me, too.

I hand wash and fold laundry like a demon on steroids, too.

Hell the NAV even showed me how to hang up my wash on a clothes line with little pieces of rope.

Now there's some skills I can take to the bank, eh?

I'm like totally qualified to run a pre-industrial laundry service.

And remember, the motto of the editecian laundry service, you pampered hopelessly non-domestic Letherheads, Dogs and Flyboys...

No tickee? No forking washee, and that's no shit.

Last edited:
No tickee? No forking washee, and that's no shit.

Ha, that washing woman is the daughter of a bar girl from olongapo who migrated to kinville. The washing woman's daughter now runs a mojo house.

I love you no shit, now buy your own fucking drink.

All the men in my family have always been Marines. And all of them are some hard motherf'ers. I've never known an Army guy that even came close. For my tax dollars I think we should expand the Marines and take the funding necessary from the Army. No need for a long term mission if everyone is dead.

I have a brother in Iraq right now. At night when I say my prayers I make sure to include the Iraqis because I know what he's capable of.

Don't get all sensitive on me now. You know WHO the remark was directed to and why. I grew up in the Air Force. My father is a retired Chief, and my grandfather (his father) a retired Army SgtMaj. I have nothing but respect for the other services.

But when it's time to play the interservice rivalry shit-talking game, and it's aimed MY way, I'm returning fire.

All the men in my family have always been Marines. And all of them are some hard motherf'ers. I've never known an Army guy that even came close. For my tax dollars I think we should expand the Marines and take the funding necessary from the Army. No need for a long term mission if everyone is dead.

I have a brother in Iraq right now. At night when I say my prayers I make sure to include the Iraqis because I know what he's capable of.

Ooh-rah!

:lol: Cool logic, just because you never met any so called "hard motherf'ers" in the Army it does not mean they fail to exsist. But of course coming from a family of Marines I will exscuse your bias opinion.

[YOUTUBE]Ya7z0vShfF8[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
:lol: Cool logic, just because you never met any so called "hard motherf'ers" in the Army it does not mean they fail to exsist. But of course coming from a family of Marines I will exscuse your bias opinion.

[YOUTUBE]Ya7z0vShfF8[/YOUTUBE]

Well, we could discuss the Army's judgement. Both of my brothers are Army zeroes. That's almost like being in the real Army, isn't it?:lol:

One has to wonder just WHAT THE HELL the Army was thinking with THAT dynamic duo; especially, the West Point grad.

Well, we could discuss the Army's judgement. Both of my brothers are Army zeroes. That's almost like being in the real Army, isn't it?:lol:

One has to wonder just WHAT THE HELL the Army was thinking with THAT dynamic duo; especially, the West Point grad.

Do I suspect a bit of sibling jealousy? :lol:

Yeah, like being a sailor is almost like being a Marine! All you swabbies look the same to me!

Sorry, couldn't resist.

On a side note, for those of you who think there are no hardcore Army folks, you need to quit hanging out with the REMFs!

On a side note, for those of you who think there are no hardcore Army folks, you need to quit hanging out with the REMFs!

REMF?

Really Evil Mean Fuckers? Why would I not hang out with them? I got a club card and everything.....:lol:

Yeah, like being a sailor is almost like being a Marine! All you swabbies look the same to me!

Sorry, couldn't resist.

I was referring to the officer thing.:lol:

And I never said there were no hardcore Army folks. We need to decide if we're going to talk shit or be serious here. It can't go both ways. That falls under "Don't ask don't tell."

My grandfather was as hardass as they come and so was my father, who was Army first then lat-moved to the Air Force.

And my freakin' daughter is tougher than half the men on this board. She was an Army medic.

Thank your daughter for me please, Gunny. One of my middle Airwinger Marine's best friends is a Medic with a Stryker unit. I love him to pieces and even though he's not Marine, I'll kick the ass of anyone who says he's not absolutely FANTASTIC. Damn Army Dog that he is. Only a Medic will get me to sully my car with an Army sticker - normally, it's only outfitted with things from Sgt. Grit's and OU...

GOD BLESS OUR CORPSMEN AND MEDICS! :bowdown:

Thank your daughter for me please, Gunny. One of my middle Airwinger Marine's best friends is a Medic with a Stryker unit. I love him to pieces and even though he's not Marine, I'll kick the ass of anyone who says he's not absolutely FANTASTIC. Damn Army Dog that he is. Only a Medic will get me to sully my car with an Army sticker - normally, it's only outfitted with things from Sgt. Grit's and OU...

I tend to rate the Army based on my experience with em. 2ID was top notch and 7thLID was good to go. They treated us like honored guests and I will be damned if half of them didn't wear high and tights. Leadership, Training, and an overwhelming desire to kick somethings ass will make good folks great.

Now there was a unit or two we dealt with that was pure ARMY all the way.
Aint
Ready to be
Marines
Yet :eusa_whistle:

An army medic attached to a Marine air wing?

What? Did the Corps run out of NAV Corpsmen or something?

I've know a few Army combat medics and they knew their shit without question.

But most Army and Air force medics I met didn't know doodle squat about combat medicine, or for that matter, much of anything but whatever one trick they were typically taught.

They did minor jobs like giving shots for their entire tour. They were no more medics than I am would be gunny sargent just because I was taught how to fire an m-16.

Now that's not their fault, but when I was in service, the army and AF guys just weren't all that well trained.

Maybe (and I would certainly hope) that is no longer the case.

But to my knowledge of the average Army medic never got anything like that training that Corpsman got before they can wear that caduceus.

When I was a corpsman, our A-school was 16 weeks, 8 hours a day of classes. That also meant that we had to study our asses off four or five hours a night just so we don't wash out.

Hell, our washout rate was about 30%. And even our saltiest strikers had to return to corps school if they wanted to keep that rating.

BASIC hospital corps college hours equaled about two years of college level nursing and EMT training compressed into four months, and that's just the starting point of the career of a NAV corpsman.

So when did the Army start attaching Amry medics to the T.O.?

Or is this some special forces combined unit, or something?

An army medic attached to a Marine air wing?

What? Did the Corps run out of NAV Corpsmen or something?

I've know a few Army combat medics and they knew their shit without question.

But most Army and Air force medics I met didn't know doodle squat about combat medicine, or for that matter, much of anything but whatever one trick they were typically taught.

They did minor jobs like giving shots for their entire tour. They were no more medics than I am would be gunny sargent just because I was taught how to fire an m-16.

Now that's not their fault, but when I was in service, the army and AF guys just weren't all that well trained.

Maybe (and I would certainly hope) that is no longer the case.

But to my knowledge of the average Army medic never got anything like that training that Corpsman got before they can wear that caduceus.

When I was a corpsman, our A-school was 16 weeks, 8 hours a day of classes. That also meant that we had to study our asses off four or five hours a night just so we don't wash out.

Hell, our washout rate was about 30%. And even our saltiest strikers had to return to corps school if they wanted to keep that rating.

BASIC hospital corps college hours equaled about two years of college level nursing and EMT training compressed into four months, and that's just the starting point of the career of a NAV corpsman.

So when did the Army start attaching Amry medics to the T.O.?

Or is this some special forces combined unit, or something?

I think you misunderstood...the army medic the poster is talking about is assigned to a Stryker Brigade.

As far as I am concerned, medics are cool....at least the combat medics I have experience with are (regardless of service). I don't know about the REMF medics for each service.

I was referring to the officer thing.:lol:

And I never said there were no hardcore Army folks. We need to decide if we're going to talk shit or be serious here. It can't go both ways. That falls under "Don't ask don't tell."

My grandfather was as hardass as they come and so was my father, who was Army first then lat-moved to the Air Force.

And my freakin' daughter is tougher than half the men on this board. She was an Army medic.

Understood. I was just funnin'.

Those who know the deal...well, they know. Those who don't ... well, no amount of explanation will clarify it for them.

Forum List

Back