Why doesn't the DoD just reorganize the Marines...

Bass v 2.0

Biblical Warrior For God.
Jun 16, 2008
Pennsylvania
As part of the Army? They do pretty much the same things though the Army has the much more elite units and more highly trained infantry. The Army, as demonstrated by its successful execution of D-Day during WWII, is also capable of making daring amphibious assaults, so why not just disolve the Marines into the Army?

You are aware that the Marine Corps is the only service that is protected by Congressional Act? The Marine Corps must maintain a minimum of 3 Divisions and can not be disbanded without a Congressional act. This was done in the early 1950's because of rejects like you.

Because the navy needs bodyguards for the officer corps and a expeditionary force, too.

Leave the fucking Marines alone.

They're one of the few organizations I still have some respect for in this nation.

Because the navy needs bodyguards for the officer corps and a expeditionary force, too.

Leave the fucking Marines alone.

They're one of the few organizations I still have some respect for in this nation.

The Bass has nothing against Marines[not even Gunny, lol, but the navy does suck]. Its just that the two are so similar in structure and organization and in capability that it makes sense to combine them.

The Bass has nothing against Marines[not even Gunny, lol, but the navy does suck]. Its just that the two are so similar in structure and organization and in capability that it makes sense to combine them.

Just trying to prove you don't know what you're talking about? You're doing a good job, troll.

Just trying to prove you don't know what you're talking about? You're doing a good job, troll.

The Bass isn't trolling and a merger of the two would be more beneficial to the Marines as the Army gets the lion's share of the money since the Army is the largest branch of the service. The only thing the Army lacks that the Marines have is fixed winger air support in war, but they have the same thing everywhere else.

The Bass isn't trolling and a merger of the two would be more beneficial to the Marines as the Army gets the lion's share of the money since the Army is the largest branch of the service. The only thing the Army lacks that the Marines have is fixed winger air support in war, but they have the same thing everywhere else.

Maybe you're onto something. I was thinking the Marines should absorb the Air Force, but then we don't need you so it would be only an act of charity. We could pawn you off on the Navy but they don't need you either.

Matter of fact seems everybody can do their own flying AND fighting on the ground but you powderpuffs.

Probably be best if we divvy up your assets among the 3 useful services and just send y'all home since you couldn't pass a PFT and the sight of an actual bayonet would make you faint.

Or perhaps y'all should be re-absorbed back into the Army where you came from. You know ... back when the USAAF was worth a fuck?

Hey! ~ lay off the Air force, too.

In the event of a full blown war they make excellent targets to keep the enemy busy until the Marines can disembark.

Maybe you're onto something. I was thinking the Marines should absorb the Air Force, but then we don't need you so it would be only an act of charity. We could pawn you off on the Navy but they don't need you either.

Matter of fact seems everybody can do their own flying AND fighting on the ground but you powderpuffs.

Probably be best if we divvy up your assets among the 3 useful services and just send y'all home since you couldn't pass a PFT and the sight of an actual bayonet would make you faint.

Or perhaps y'all should be re-absorbed back into the Army where you came from. You know ... back when the USAAF was worth a fuck?

Perhaps the Navy should pass their aviation assets on to the Air Force thats makes alot of sense and the Air Force has played a huge role in every war since WW2, both the Gulf Wars would have had higher casualities if nor or us. The army gets the hardest and most ground missions so why absorb the Marines into the Army?

What would be gained by combining them, Charlie?

What would be gained by combining them, Charlie?

Marine could get moe funding and a greater share of the ground missions which almost always go to the Army. With divisions like 1st Calvary Division, 10th Mountain Division, 82nd Airborne, 101st Airborne and the mighty 3rd Infrantry Division, how can the marines get any missions, good missions besides mop up duty?

Perhaps the Navy should pass their aviation assets on to the Air Force thats makes alot of sense and the Air Force has played a huge role in every war since WW2, both the Gulf Wars would have had higher casualities if nor or us. The army gets the hardest and most ground missions so why absorb the Marines into the Army?

Screw THAT. In the First Gulf War every close air support sortie flown in support of us was Navy, Marine and Army. That's because they know how to do it.

The Air Force can't take one inch of ground, dipweed.

And DO educate yourself. The Army and Marine Corps do NOT have the same primary missions. You're just continuing to make yourself look as dumb as you obviously are.

Marine could get moe funding and a greater share of the ground missions which almost always go to the Army. With divisions like 1st Calvary Division, 10th Mountain Division, 82nd Airborne, 101st Airborne and the mighty 3rd Infrantry Division, how can the marines get any missions, good missions besides mop up duty?

Kind of hard to mop up when you get there first, dipshit. God, you are red-brick dumb.

To be honest, the Army is a great service. I have served with several stellar performers from 2ID and 3rdArmored. Got friends in the 101 and 82nd Airborne or Airmoble.

The bottom line (and the hook and sinker) is that man for man, and dollar for dollar the Army cannot match the "kick in the door" specialty that our Marines do. BTW I did a force on force with the 10th Mountain in the late 80's. They were attempting to go-light and were using our FMFM's to teach em techniques.

And besides, they Aint Ready to be Marines Yet.

To be honest, the Army is a great service. I have served with several stellar performers from 2ID and 3rdArmored. Got friends in the 101 and 82nd Airborne or Airmoble.

The bottom line (and the hook and sinker) is that man for man, and dollar for dollar the Army cannot match the "kick in the door" specialty that our Marines do. BTW I did a force on force with the 10th Mountain in the late 80's. They were attempting to go-light and were using our FMFM's to teach em techniques.

And besides, they Aint Ready to be Marines Yet.

The Ass is just one of those interservice instigators. You know the kind. Would stir up an interservice fight in the club them slip out the door. He's probably oblivious to the fact he's showing himself for the Airman 2nd that he probably is.

So we'd have Air force pilots on carriers?

Yeah, that makes like zero sense.

Our military is one of the best things that this national government still does.

It ain't broke so don't fix it.

Sure we spend way too much money on it, but I can't blame the military for that.

For that problem I blame the unholy alliance between Congress and their pals in the industries which make military hardware.

You just know I have to weigh in on this one!

Each service and the Marines have their unique roles. There are of course some similarities and overlap between them. That is what allows the US military great flexibility in operational execution.

Funding will always be an issue. Each service thinks their requirements are more important than the other service's. Because not everything gets funded, we go to war with the military we have and not the military we want.

Obviously, there has been interservice rivalry since the first ship went to sea with fighting men on board.

You just know I have to weigh in on this one!

Each service and the Marines have their unique roles. There are of course some similarities and overlap between them. That is what allows the US military great flexibility in operational execution.

Funding will always be an issue. Each service thinks their requirements are more important than the other service's. Because not everything gets funded, we go to war with the military we have and not the military we want.

I don't know if its STILL the case, but the Corps used to send money back every year, god bless 'em.

Dollar for dollar I'll bet the Corps can STILL give this nation the best body count per dollar of any service in a conventional war scenario.

Obviously, there has been interservice rivalry since the first ship went to sea with fighting men on board.

Well...the Marines ARE the body guards of the officer class, after all.

It isn't until one actually dons the GREEN and humps a few miles in their boots that one realizes that the Leatherheads are human beings after all.

Last edited:

The Navy & Marines can lay down complete indisputable force anyplace in the world at any time! They are a unmatched fighting machine. When shit hits the fan, they move US soil to the battle area and respond quickly, no other force in the world can match it. Leave it alone.

The army has brotherhood beef with the marines but we recognize that the marines are a unique unrivaled infantry machine. The Army has the ability to meet any infantry requirement anywhere and is set up for long term missions. The long term ability of the army mesh's with the immediate ferocity of the Marines. They are far from the same and if combined would defeat the purpose of their original designs.

Forum List

Back