Stop Loss

Luissa

Annoying Customer
Sep 7, 2008
TARDIS
Stop-loss policy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Stop-loss was created by the United States Congress after the Vietnam War. Its use is founded on Title 10, United States Code, Section 12305(a) which states in part: "... the President may suspend any provision of law relating to promotion, retirement, or separation applicable to any member of the armed forces who the President determines is essential to the national security of the United States" and Paragraph 9(c) of DD Form 4/1 (The Armed Forces Enlistment Contract) which states: "In the event of war, my enlistment in the Armed Forces continues until six (6) months after the war ends, unless the enlistment is ended sooner by the President of the United States."

With what is stated at the end of the paragraph and with what we have seen in this war, do you think we are illegally keeping military men in the service and over in Irag?

Don't change horses in the middle of the street.

Not even if the horse is tired of being in the stream.

When I enlisted in 1982 it was specifically written in the contract that we could be kept on active duty until the end of "any hostilities". I'm sure the same is true now.
And I remember a female E-6 telling us the same thing right before we took our oath of enlistment. We all understood perfectly well what we were getting in to.

Stop-loss policy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Stop-loss was created by the United States Congress after the Vietnam War. Its use is founded on Title 10, United States Code, Section 12305(a) which states in part: "... the President may suspend any provision of law relating to promotion, retirement, or separation applicable to any member of the armed forces who the President determines is essential to the national security of the United States" and Paragraph 9(c) of DD Form 4/1 (The Armed Forces Enlistment Contract) which states: "In the event of war, my enlistment in the Armed Forces continues until six (6) months after the war ends, unless the enlistment is ended sooner by the President of the United States."

With what is stated at the end of the paragraph and with what we have seen in this war, do you think we are illegally keeping military men in the service and over in Irag?

They implemented stop loss during the First Gulf War. They may have implemented stop loss during the current for certain critical skills, but they have not done it across the board or we'd ahve heard about it by now.

Stop Loss is not some great unknown clause in our contracts of enlistment. I am unhappy that my first post to this forum has to be in this thread but the gross political misunderstanding of military service is one that I cannot soon ignore.

Stop Loss is not some great unknown clause in our contracts of enlistment. I am unhappy that my first post to this forum has to be in this thread but the gross political misunderstanding of military service is one that I cannot soon ignore.

You will find the vast intellectual elite that are our betters, called Liberals, despise the military. Ohh they play the usual word games about supporting the troops but it slips out enough to see it. Comments about how only idiots join the military, about how stupid and brainwashed the military is. How they are all losers and killers and the dregs.

You will find the vast intellectual elite that are our betters, called Liberals, despise the military. Ohh they play the usual word games about supporting the troops but it slips out enough to see it. Comments about how only idiots join the military, about how stupid and brainwashed the military is. How they are all losers and killers and the dregs.

Hooey.

Quit being a jackass, Sarge.

They implemented stop loss during the First Gulf War. They may have implemented stop loss during the current for certain critical skills, but they have not done it across the board or we'd ahve heard about it by now.

they did it during Kosovo.....Stop Loss has been around forever & most military people understand it....

I was just asking a question!

I cannot let that pass by. Liberals have served, just as conservatives have served. And this old blue collar liberal was in uniform, on base, when we stopped those Soviet ships off of Cuba. As a volunteer, not drafted.

I do not care for unneccessary wars, such as Iraq. I care even less for incompetantly ran wars and occupations that cost us lives and money. I support our people who go where they are told, for that is the duty of the military. I support them even against the wishes of the present administration, who were willing to have our Vets housed in filth at Walter Reed so a former Haliburton exec could make a lot of money off of them. Did you write your Congressman and Senators about this, Gunny? And if not, why not?

I cannot let that pass by. Liberals have served, just as conservatives have served. And this old blue collar liberal was in uniform, on base, when we stopped those Soviet ships off of Cuba. As a volunteer, not drafted.

I do not care for unneccessary wars, such as Iraq. I care even less for incompetantly ran wars and occupations that cost us lives and money. I support our people who go where they are told, for that is the duty of the military. I support them even against the wishes of the present administration, who were willing to have our Vets housed in filth at Walter Reed so a former Haliburton exec could make a lot of money off of them. Did you write your Congressman and Senators about this, Gunny? And if not, why not?

You are aware that Walter Reed was that way because of the Liberals and their creation of a Government work force that fears no job loss for even the most blatant incompetency? The conditions were there not because of the military but because of a failure of the civilian government employees to do their jobs for YEARS. Including under Clinton.

But do pretend otherwise.

The current crop of far left Liberals hate the military. Starting with even the some what Moderate Clinton. Are you aware that when he took office his staff was demanding that Military personnel in the White House be ordered to not wear uniforms and embarrass the staff by having to associate with losers from said military?

Even Kerry in 2004 was clear in his disdain for our military. He claimed the only people in the all volunteer force were people to lazy and stupid to get real jobs.

Obama is no different.

You are aware that Walter Reed was that way because of the Liberals and their creation of a Government work force that fears no job loss for even the most blatant incompetency? The conditions were there not because of the military but because of a failure of the civilian government employees to do their jobs for YEARS. Including under Clinton.

The current crop of far left Liberals hate the military. Starting with even the some what Moderate Clinton. Are you aware that when he took office his staff was demanding that Military personnel in the White House be ordered to not wear uniforms and embarrass the staff by having to associate with losers from said military?

Even Kerry in 2004 was clear in his disdain for our military. He claimed the only people in the all volunteer force were people to lazy and stupid to get real jobs.

Obama is no different.
Lets spread the hate some more!

Obama is no different.

you obviously are NOT AWARE that a division of halliburton was running walter reed since 2002.

STOP it please, your visceral attitude towards liberals based on continual rhetoric and lies that you chose to jump on to, will kill you young, before your time ret gy sgt!!!!

(For the Love of God... ! 10 Deep breaths and pray to God to help you RGS, please!!!! He can help you, as a believer that you are to release your hatred similar to reverend Wright's only towards liberals....let Him, is my advice to you...for your own health and sake! with true sincerity, care)

1. Walter Reed Army Medical Center is an Army hospital and is run by the Department of Defense. The VA hospitals are run by the Veterans Administration (Veterans Health Administration), a separate organization. The news media has clouded this fact and has led the public to presume that all government-run health efforts fail. The VA health system continues to receive the best quality scores of any segment of the U.S. health system, with the most satisfied patients. It beats the best HMOs in quality ratings, has a model information system, and focuses on primary care. It has led in addressing medical errors and in its application of AHRQ quality guidelines to both inpatients and outpatients. In 2004 it won the Baldridge Prize for quality and patient-safety improvements.

2. There is a lot we can learn from the Walter Reed disgrace. Its operation was outsourced to a Halliburton-connected company in 2002, over the objections of some Army medical personnel and leadership, with a subsequent drastic reduction in staff and loss of government employees with institutional experience. There was also some hanky-panky with the contracting process; when the government employees’ bid for the operations contract came in lower than the Halliburton company’s bid, the bids were “recalculated” to make the private company the lowest bidder.

Single-Payer FAQ | Physicians for a National Health Program

What a load of self delusional bullshit.

Why don't try and find the post where anyone said that only idiots join the military for us?

How about the post where some so called liberal said that the military is brainwashed and stupid.

Just keep flailing at those strawmen liberals you keep inventing, lad.

That's about all you can deal with.

Forum List

Back