Why Does the U.S. Use Fahrenheit Instead of Celsius?

Dude you are saying that you do not want American companies to ship to the rest of the World. To say that you must hate the USA

The metric system is not superior to the old English system. it is merely simpler to use by those who are uneducated. Those who are educated have no problem using the standard system. In my business I used both depending on where I was. Invariably those who were not very smart or well educated had trouble even with the metric system.

It is simpler to use one and not two, this is fact not opinion

Mars Probe Lost Due to Simple Math Error

The standardized system of measurements is a far more accurate system. The metric system was devised so that stupid people could understand easier. I will take accuracy over simplicity any day of the week.
Of course, that is utter nonsense. Neither system is "more accurate".

Yes, it is. Especially in the measurement of temperatures. The measurement of weight I will give to the metric system though. That one is superior.

I can somewhat agree to that.

Actually industry in every country except the USA uses metric and we import metric products from every one of those countries, then we assemble those metric products here. Thus we are already metric whether you like it or not. The USA also does not ship non metric products to a world that would reject our dumb system.

It's over unless you want the USA to isolate itself

LOL....I worked at a machine shop that also had a shop in mexico.
And guess what,they used the US standard of measurement.
Dude you are saying that you do not want American companies to ship to the rest of the World. To say that you must hate the USA

The metric system is not superior to the old English system. it is merely simpler to use by those who are uneducated. Those who are educated have no problem using the standard system. In my business I used both depending on where I was. Invariably those who were not very smart or well educated had trouble even with the metric system.

As someone who made a living off the US system for 25 years I can tell you it's just as easy to decipher the decimal system as it is to decipher the metric system.
Fractions are simple as well for those with a brain.
I mean really,how hard is to understand that 1/16 of an inch is just that. A 1/16 of an inch or 0.0625 in thousands.

Again I have three tool stacks partly because I must have at least two of everything. One of everything would be simpler.

Give up

Economics and supply and demand prove this. See either you give the customer what they need and can use or they buy it from another company or country

You're full of shit.
We accept trade goods that use the metric system just like they accept trade goods using US standards of measure.
To say otherwise in moronic.
So your claim is that NOTHING manufactured in the USA is made in the metric system?

Grow up

This lost a Mars orbiter you know, 99 percent of the World is metric we are the odd one out

So what are those items?
Duh, were you dropped often

High Quality Metric Fasteners that are built to withstand heavy loads

http://www.metricbolt.com/dfar-compliance/

Dont be dumber than you have to be.
Whether you measure in metric or US has nothing to do with strength.

I built flight hardware for the NASA Shuttle program,as in the actual space craft.
We used US standards of measurement.
Are you claiming other nations could build a better craft with the metric system?
I regularly held tolerances of less than .001 of an inch. The average human hair measures .002 with blacks measuring around .006.
I can also hold .0005 but you have to be more careful.

Your whole spiel about the metric system being more accurate is complete bullshit.

You ask for proof that metric parts are made in the USA, and I humiliated you

LOL your head must be really hard being how often you slam it on the wall

NASA? did you pump the pure O2 into the gemini capsule? you know the one where toast was made

LOL....I worked at a machine shop that also had a shop in mexico.
And guess what,they used the US standard of measurement.

As someone who made a living off the US system for 25 years I can tell you it's just as easy to decipher the decimal system as it is to decipher the metric system.
I mean really,how hard is to understand that 1/16 of an inch is just that. A 1/16 of an inch or 0.0625 in thousands.

Again I have three tool stacks partly because I must have at least two of everything. One of everything would be simpler.

Give up

What the fuck does that have to do with anything?
And what exactly is a tool stack?
As someone who's worked on cars and as a machinist I've never heard the term.
Sounds made up.

Give up

Sounds made up.
I have three of these genius, they are called tool stacks

Just imagine three of these units side by side

3569012_01_craftsman_tool_chest_drawers_t_640.jpg

Give up

Sounds made up.

Uhhhh....thats called a tool box. I have three Kennedys that are far higher in quality than a Crapsman.
I also have a Gerstner set up with a top box,middle box and a riser that goes for over 3k....without tools in it. I keep all my high end tools in the Gerstner... As in 10k worth.

Give up

Sounds made up.

Uhhhh....thats called a tool box. I have three Kennedys that are far higher in quality than a Crapsman.
I also have a Gerstner set up with a top box,middle box and a riser that goes for over 3k....without tools in it. I keep all my high end tools in the Gerstner... As in 10k worth.

It's a tool stack. I have tools I bought, my fathers and grandfathers tap and die tools. The fact that you do not know the difference between a tool stack and a tool box is hysterical...………………..

Tool box
image_23011.jpg

LOL ignorance is precious

Give up

Sounds made up.

LOL ....Crapsman is total garbage.

Give up

Sounds made up.

The tool is not the point, the task is the point.

You enjoy your 20 grand worth of tools to fix your Yugo

When it is 32 degrees Fahrenheit it is 0 degrees Celsius

Celsius is just too cold!

Give up

Sounds made up.

Does it look like I drive a yugo?
28DD58D8-99BE-46BC-8ACB-E94E7050A885.jpeg

3C303E9F-F414-4FC3-BCCF-EB1FAE6D2721.jpeg

Look here son....I made a living with tools so complicated you couldnt use em.
Quality tools are absolutely necessary when you make a living with them.
You're the type guy who would buy a Pittsburgh Micrometer set of three for 35 bucks when a set of three quality Mics in say a Mitutoyo or Starrett will run for 360 bucks and 600 respectively and you'd wonder why your shit was out of tolerance.

Give up

Sounds made up.

Does it look like I drive a yugo?View attachment 295447

View attachment 295448
You're the type guy who would buy a Pittsburgh Micrometer set of three for 35 bucks when a set of three quality Mics in say a Mitutoyo or Starrett will run for 360 bucks and 600 respectively and you'd wonder why your shit was out of tolerance.

Give up

Sounds made up.

View attachment 295448

Actually it looks like you braced the falling garage after a tornado as the roof is crooked.

LOL

Merry Christmas

Sounds made up.

View attachment 295448
Sounds made up.

View attachment 295448

Actually it looks like you braced the falling garage after a tornado as the roof is crooked.

LOL

Merry Christmas

Ya got a wandering eye by chance?
Merry Christmas to you as well.

Give up

Sounds made up.

View attachment 295448

No it appears that you drive the bodies to the mausoleum in a Toyota

View attachment 295448

View attachment 295448

LOL

Merry Christmas

You mean the license plate and the address to the mausoleum and crematorium...……

The chimney in the back?

LOL

Sounds made up.

View attachment 295448
Sounds made up.

View attachment 295448

LOL

Merry Christmas

Oh....thats called a Porte Cochere for those of us that are educated,it's a carport for simpletons.

Sounds made up.

View attachment 295448

No it appears that you drive the bodies to the mausoleum in a Toyota

View attachment 295448

View attachment 295448

LOL

Merry Christmas

You mean the license plate and the address to the mausoleum and crematorium...……

The chimney in the back?

LOL

Why yes it is. In fact there are two of them.
But good luck finding my location since I live in a gated community that doesnt allow the disclosure of that info.

Peasant .......

View attachment 295448

View attachment 295448

LOL

Merry Christmas

Oh....thats called a Porte Cochere for those of us that are educated,it's a carport for simpletons.

Looks like a mausoleum...……………….

Never met anyone who lived in a mausoleum before

d12a18e5f223ae1edf175b4a726f1857--phantasm-ravager-hd-video.jpg

Forum List

Back