Why Does The Left Hate Israel?

You're a fucking idiot. The question should be why the right wants perpetual war in the Middle East? Why does the Republican Party support this Armageddon policy? Why do most Israelis and Jews around the world, support a two state solution?

How many times have the Palestinians been offered a two state solution?? They don't want an Israeli state, period. They never will, and their sole reason for existance is to eventually annhilate the state of Israel and any Jews that live there. Otherwise, there would have been peace 30 to 40 years ago, peace is not the goal, not for the Palestinians or any of their supporters.

And as far as the op goes, it's right on target, the left sides with the Palestinians in every way.

and why should we care?

Why are we still talking about this, I thought Jimmy Carter and Bill Clinton solved the issue twice....oh that's right both "deals" were bullshit.

Yesterday many of us viewed the circular firing squad known as the Democrat Party.

The following gives context to the spectacle....

"WHY DOES THE LEFT HATE ISRAEL?

For decades, most American Jews have believed there were far greater threats from the fringe right than the fringe left in this country. While this view may have been reasonable in the past, it is certainly not so today. The fringe right still exists— the neo—Nazis in Northwest Idaho, Matthew Hale, and David Duke, and the remnants of the KKK. But the views of the fringe right have been marginalized by their repudiation by virtually all mainstream elements on the political right.

The fringe left, on the other hand, has evolved into a broader left, and become more mainstream. The political perspective of this new left is vehemently anti—Israel, and the power and reach of this movement represent a real threat to Israel, and by extension to Jews who support Israel.

The left in this country includes large numbers of academics, journalists, human rights activists, environmental and animal rights activists, entertainers, and some church groups, women's groups, racial advocacy groups and unions. There are also liberals who are members of these same groups. I distinguish between leftists and liberals by one key test: how they feel about the country in which they live. If you tend to regard America as a primarily flawed, evil, unjust, racist country (or at least when Republicans are running it), and most importantly, believe that the US is the primary threat to world peace internationally, then you are a leftist, and not a liberal.

I believe there are several reasons:

1. It is an easy way to express one's hatred for America.

2. Israel is viewed as an outpost of colonialism , and an active practitioner of it.

3. Israel is a western nation, and hence can be judged by the left. Israel is not protected by cultural relativism, as the Arabs are.

4. Leftist Christian churches can escape any lingering guilt about the Holocaust, by turning Israel into a villain. Some leftist churches hate Israel because they think this will help protect their members in the holy land— in other words they feel threatened.

5. Ferocious Muslim hatred of Israel and the Jews reinforces the natural cowardice of many on the left who go along with the Muslims to stay out of their line of fire.

6. Jewish leftists are prominent in the anti—Israel movement. This opens the floodgates for everybody else.

7. Israel is attacked because the secular left is appalled by the influence of religious settlers and their biblical connections to the land of Israel, and by the support for Israel by evangelical Christians, and Christian Zionists."
Archived-Articles: Why Does the Left Hate Israel?

Also from the article, and clearly directed at Jewish Obama-supporters:
"The reason for this hypocrisy I think is the triumph in the academy, and among many in the journalistic profession and the intelligentsia of many western nations, of the noxious notion of moral and especially cultural relativism....that Israel faces far greater threats from the left than the right."

Be aware.

Are there any "facts" in this piece? How big of a problem is this? How many "leftists" are there? And why should we care?

How many times? Sure, they've been brought to the table, and the Likud position has always been give us more land. When did the right wing in Israel ever propose a solution that both sides could live with?

To claim that Likud represents Jews is a joke. It's like saying that George W Bush or Mitt Romney represents Christians. Most Jews know this. It's the Armageddon right wing Christians that don't seem to be honest. It's their aim to have a perpetual war, until Jesus returns, and convinces Jews that shrimp salad is the real path to salvation.

What would you have added to the 2000 proposal?

Israel's Acceptance of the Two State Solution

In 1967, after defending itself against another war of annihilation, the Israeli government accepted UN Resolution 242 and voted unanimously to return the vast majority of territories it had captured (the Sinai Desert, Golan Heights, Gaza Strip and West Bank) in exchange for peace. The Arab response was unequivocal: “no peace with Israel, no recognition of Israel, no negotiations with it”.

In 2000, Israel made a series of two-state proposals which (contrary to popular myth) eventually included almost all of the West Bank (plus additional territory from Israel proper), the entire Gaza strip, Palestinian control over East Jerusalem, and a $30 billion solution for the Palestinian refugees. Palestinian leader Yasser Arafat not only refused – he made no counter-offer, abandoned negotiations, and immediately began planning the Al-Aqsa Intifada. Arafat was heavily criticized for this, both by the American mediators and by fellow Arabs and Palestinians.

Those Arab countries that eventually came to accept Israel’s existence – Egypt (1979, despite widespread Arab opposition) and Jordan (1994) – signed peace treaties which have been mutually honored to this day.

Why weren't the '67 boundaries, which the Palestinians said they could live with, ever put on the table? Why were the Likud pretending they were looking for a solution, and allowing new settlements be built in the West Bank?

If anyone is anti-Israel, it's the phony Armageddon Christian, cultist wingnuts. It's their sickening belief that a perpetual war in Israel will bring about the return of the Messiah.

Then why didn't they take the offer put up in 1967 then? They have no excuses.

Well, here's a different take on the "two state solution" One I found surprisingly relevant. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lv4U_kaEYco&feature=player_embedded]Michael Coren: Jordan is the Palestinian state - YouTube[/ame]

It's surprising not because of the proposal itself, but because of who is presenting it. It appears Jews aren't the only ones who know the real history of the region! B"H!

Israel has accepted the two state solution. The Palestinians have rejected a two state solution. The Palestinian solution is for one arab state to be called Israel-Palestine under shariah law with Jews having the same rights to live there as they do in any other arab state.

Israel has accepted the two state solution. The Palestinians have rejected a two state solution. The Palestinian solution is for one arab state to be called Israel-Palestine under shariah law with Jews having the same rights to live there as they do in any other arab state.

And so, why do we care what Israel does? And why does it matter?

Israel would prefer the PLO have their own state, so when they attack Israel then they have legal right to destroy them and own that land forever. Israel fighting a ragtag group of people doesn't look good on the world PR stage, but defending themselves against an attack from a so-called country would be supported by most at the UN.

Last edited:
Didn't realize it was just the left that dislikes Israel,their policies,their influence on America and American politicians willingness to be bitches for Israel on capitol hill.

And so, why do we care what Israel does? And why does it matter?

Well you might read up on your history....do you know why people decided to make Israel? It was European countries doing it, to get them out of Europe and voila, lets do it in their homeland....since palestine was only 20 years old officially and created by the British, the British giveth and taketh away, that's kinda why we conservatives dont like big government.....but we do support Israel because it's their homeland and the palestinians are muslims and there are PLENTY of muslim countries to hang out in......pick a country....any country

Many on the Left have a strange love affair with Muslims, while at the same time expressing vile ignorant hatred towards Christians and Jews. I don't get it myself. Maybe a USMB Leftist can explain it? It's pretty bizarre.

Do you always jerk off while laying on your back? I bet you keep your mouth open so you can swallow the jizz you try to sell on this board.

Why is it when an argument nails you to the wall....your first reaction is to reach for the lowest vulgar response?

Don't you realize that it merely documents what Coulter pointed out long ago:

"Let me give you a little tip: if you want liberalism to continue in this country, you have to realize that liberal students are being let down by their professors! They have liberal school teachers, and read the liberal press! Because of this weak preparation, they are unable to argue, to think beyond the first knee-jerk impulse. They can’t put together a logical thought. Now, compare that to a college Republican…"

Why do you continue to post arguments based on lies? You're a piece of filth, and your argument disgusts me. I gave you the counter argument based on facts, but you and your butt buddies want to continue to lie.

Fuck you and your Armageddon Republicans. You're lust for perpetual war to try to bring back the Messiah shows what cultist pigs you are.

1. "Why do you continue to post arguments based on lies?"
Folks usually put forth their best argument....
...which explains why you haven't produced any supposed lies.

2. "...your argument disgusts me."
Which really means "I'm chagrined that I cannot find a response to your well constructed post."

3."...you're lust for perpetual war..."

Interesting that you inadvertently real how correct Prager was in his book "Still The Best Hope"....

1. Following WWI, and reaching an apex during the Vietnam War, the Left has generally been hostile to anything having to do with war, often embracing pacifism. The bumper-sticker “War is Not the Answer” expresses a nearly universal Left-wing view.
a. The Left believes that just about every conflict can be settled through negotiations, that war solves nothing, and that American expenditures on defense are merely a sign of militarism, imperialism, and the insatiable appetite of the “military-industrial complex.”
b. In fact, violence is deemed immoral, and the use of the military considered nefarious, unless it is used as boy scouts would be.
c. Many Leftists oppose children viewing cartoons, like Bugs Bunny, that depict a stylized violence, not to mention playing with toy guns, war scenarios, or even drawing stick figures portraying violence.

2. Many universities have departments of “peace studies.” “The field of Peace Studies is alternatively known as Peace and Conflict Studies, Conflict Analysis and Resolution, and Peace and Justice Studies. It is concerned with the roots of conflict, the conditions for peace, and, ultimately, the daunting challenge of realizing peace on our little planet. To that end, if you major in Peace Studies, you'll read about and (hopefully) add to the large body of scholarship on the causes and prevention of war and how to create a more just and peaceful world.” Peace Studies

The ultimate explanation is the Left's fear of ever confronting evil, or even recognizing it! All the efforts of the Left are geared toward the 'dangers' of material inequalilty.....

And, of course, without any arrows in your quiver, war reference intended, you resort to the hallmark, 'voluntary Tourette's,'...just as you did in the third grade.

Have you ever heard of John Stuart Mill?
No?

Well, he heard of you:

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Left Wing nutters just hate those mean ole Christians & Jews. You know, Crucifixes soaked in urine and all that? But oddly enough, they're madly in love with Muslims. It's weird. But i'm willing to listen to a USMB Leftist explain it to us. I'm open-minded.

Yesterday many of us viewed the circular firing squad known as the Democrat Party.

Which must be why more Jews vote Democrat than GOP.

Honestly, if there has ever been a less-informed thread started, I haven't seen it.

Left Wing nutters just hate those mean ole Christians & Jews. You know, Crucifixes soaked in urine and all that? But oddly enough, they're madly in love with Muslims. It's weird. But i'm willing to listen to a USMB Leftist explain it to us. I'm open-minded.

What the hell is a "leftist"?

DickSuck is the typical liberal scum that hates Christians, Jews and Israel.

We saw his kind get pissed on TV at the DNC yesterday after the "vote."

Scum like him are also seen on college campuses, OWS, etc.

You piece of lying shit. I don't hate Christian or Jews or Israel. I hate scumbags like you who wish for perpetual war. I hate scumbags who aren't doing all they can to find lasting peace agreements.

I hate you, you piece of pestilent pimple puss. Your vision is nothing more than the pecker drip of the terminal STD that effected your pea brain. I think your values, attitudes, and beliefs are based on your hatred of humanity. If anyone hates Israel, it's the End Times whackos who drape themselves in flags and carry the crosses.

It was a liberal who pushed for the State of Israel, and he did so in the face of conservatives that opposed it. It wasn't the liberals who wrote the old Latin Easter mass who called Jews perfidious.

Many on the Left have a strange love affair with Muslims, while at the same time expressing vile ignorant hatred towards Christians and Jews. I don't get it myself. Maybe a USMB Leftist can explain it? It's pretty bizarre.

shut up

again shut up.

Did God give us our bodies and our fluids because he wanted us to be ashamed? Why do you hate that some artist decided to use God's creation as a medium? This is great art. It's sick that you are too fucking stupid to appreciate it.

pisschrist.jpg

You're a fucking idiot. The question should be why the right wants perpetual war in the Middle East? Why does the Republican Party support this Armageddon policy? Why do most Israelis and Jews around the world, support a two state solution?

How many times have the Palestinians been offered a two state solution?? They don't want an Israeli state, period. They never will, and their sole reason for existance is to eventually annhilate the state of Israel and any Jews that live there. Otherwise, there would have been peace 30 to 40 years ago, peace is not the goal, not for the Palestinians or any of their supporters.

And as far as the op goes, it's right on target, the left sides with the Palestinians in every way.

How many times? Sure, they've been brought to the table, and the Likud position has always been give us more land. When did the right wing in Israel ever propose a solution that both sides could live with?

To claim that Likud represents Jews is a joke. It's like saying that George W Bush or Mitt Romney represents Christians. Most Jews know this. It's the Armageddon right wing Christians that don't seem to be honest. It's their aim to have a perpetual war, until Jesus returns, and convinces Jews that shrimp salad is the real path to salvation.

What a joke! In the Camp David accords they were offered 98% of the land they asked for and they STILL turned it down and started and intifada in response!

Forum List

Back